[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /tg/ I'm having trouble against my friend's goths.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 8

File: sdYsolKXXqs396cxJNRyfKPso1_500.jpg (71KB, 448x700px) Image search: [Google]
sdYsolKXXqs396cxJNRyfKPso1_500.jpg
71KB, 448x700px
Sup /tg/

I'm having trouble against my friend's goths. He always takes the tried and true Land Whale hidden in a unit of wrist spike emos and my otaku's just get wiped whenever they get close. I'm curently running basement dwellers and cosplayers with an internet celebrity in each for the extra Ld. Should I just swap these out for neckbeards with fedoras? This losing streak is getting a bit embarassing.
>>
>>34292605

Why the hell aren't you running Closet Nerd Jocks to counter his Emos? Are you daft?

Also, get a Grrl Gamer. It hard counters the Land Whale, and if you run Closet Nerd Jocks, they aren't affected by her Drama Aura.
>>
>>34292605
Have you tried uprading your cosplayers with modded nerf guns? the emo blobs are only there to get the land whale in combat so some ranged instead of latex swords should help you out. I did the same against a SCAnadian army and it works wonders
>>
File: 1402522923785.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1402522923785.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>34292605

>2014
>Not running Otaku/Waifu with Weeaboo Channels

This nigga.
>>
>>34292605
The answer is really simple.
You need to run a Ruseman and a Social Justice Paladin (Female).
You can easily tarpit the Landwhale and all her goths in a fruitless battle against the Paladin, effectively taking them out of the game.
>>
Dude, no.
Get Sperglords, White Knights, SJWs with a Feminazi HQ.

Make sure they can all get the Privilege Checker rule, real important.
You want your Feminazi to have the relic Strapon Pegirizer and a Smartphone to have your units move further with her ability to issue commands to her Betas

Oh, and if you are running a Internet Apocalypse game, get yourself a load of Headmate slaves. Doesn't matter what you give them, their ego saves are unbeliveable and they have immunity against common sense
>>
>>34292798

Common Sense totally got nerfed ever since 3.Tumblr, almost everything has trigger word common sense and denial now.
>>
>>34292798
Aren't white knights hard to run in low-mid point games? All those points take away from extra units of betas and fedora'd Neckbeards.
>>
>>34292827

Yeah, but you can get a point buy back as long as there's a camwhore on the field, so most people build with one of the whores - attention and crack are my favorite, but it's up for grabs.
>>
>>34292818
Not everything. There are still Normalfags who are vulnerable to this.

I personally run a 4chan army, the classic /b/ and /pol/ raid combo. With the 3.Tumblr update, it's been such a fucking breeze to wreck anything with Trigger warnings and Social Media armies. What gets me are /s4s/ and Janitor/Mods armies. Fuck those.
>>
>>34292798
FFFFFFFFFUCK YOU, Every time I play against a fucking Feminazi HQ with white knights it's like dragging my head against a cheese grater. they get so many free saves and immunities I would swear matt ward wrote their codex
>>
>>34292859

Yeah, but then someone does a Mootdown with sjw!Mods, and your shit is wrecked. It's like you've got to sideboard in ledditors, and god help me if I'm going to use those.
>>
> Not running Furry blobs in symbiosis with SJW for the extra attacks.
>>
>>34292862
Get, at least I don't run that, I know it's all sorts of fuckery. That's why I run the /b/ and /pol/ raid combo army
>>
>>34292879

I tried to build a furpile, because I wanted to bring the yiff to bear with the squick multiplier, but their ruleset is fucking bonkers. Who trades mid-tits for hyper cock?
>>
>>34292859
Have you tried adding /mlp/ support? Like they give your squad some decent additional saves. I prefer to give them namefag as well but the points really start to add up especially in low point games.
>>
Any tulpabros in here?
I really like the mechanic of taking a few rounds to generate more allies.
>>
>>34292904
That's because you need HentaiFoundry users to maximize the Hypercocks. Also, if you run John Person as your HQ, all units with huge dicks rule also gain deep penetration and over-load.

It's fucking disgusting army models to run, but at least you can shit on /h/, /a/ and Normalfags
>>
File: 1406883507085.jpg (55KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
1406883507085.jpg
55KB, 750x563px
I fucking love you guys.
>>
Favorite Hero
> Elliot Rodgers
Manifesto gives 3 more wounds to Betas.
>>
>>34292931
Meh I would run them but they are too reliant on getting set up. The standard /b/, /pol/ or Cosplayer rush will run down your army before you can set up, but some of the tulpa's invuln saves are nuts
>>
>>34292918
I am not running fucking pony models alongside my GuyFawkes Masked Anons. Fuck no. I have a sideboard HQ that gives all brony affiliated units 20 inches around it the Horsefucker rulings, that makes their rolls insignificant gives my units engaged in melee with them +1 to any offensive rolls
>>
>>34292605
Just run a brony swarm. They all have the Sperglord feature that makes them immune to most Land Whale spells.
>>
I personally run hoards of anons in Threads. Each unit of anons has an OP with the faggot upgrade attached to it. Getting off that OP delivers ability rarely happens, but it is a game changer when it does
>>
>>34292944
The term "Anally Rekt" takes on a whole new meaning when a force of Hypercocks run down NormalFags
>>
>>34293008
Eh. I dunno about that. Land Whale might use her 'Desperate Female' ability and Charm the Brony swarm.
Better to not put all your eggs in one basket.
>>
>>34293006
lol have fun making your edgelord saves with all those GuyFawkes Masked Anons, you probably lose to weeabus turn 4
>>
>>34293038
Only if you don't have a Womyn HQ to cast Dependency.
>>
>>34293019
I love my stormfront army. Impotent Rage is a fun power and you can give everyone you fight Pawns of the Jewish Conspiracy special rule if you pick the right HQ.

Boring to paint though. All white, all the time.
>>
>>34293069
I do. That's why if I know I'm getting Weabs army against me, I switch my GFMA for /co/mrades in arms. Not the best, but that's what I could afford without going full overkill money wise.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 490x307px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 490x307px
>this thread
Why do I want this?
>>
>>34293142
You haven't given them red and black trims? Dude, if you're not running Kool Kids Klub rules, there's no point in full white... Unless your HQ is White Ghost Hidden Black Panther, that converts all your Stormftonters into Blackpower warriors for free AND gives them Niggerism and Hatred: cocasians.

It's always hilarious to see some guy running this against a Stormfront army, but fucking garbage against Tumblr armies.
>>
>>34293309
Get Nigga-Synthesis as well if you run BPW
>>
>>34293321
You can't. Not if you're running Stormfronters that you convert into BPW because of WGHBP. However, I remember WGHBP has the ability to steal any enemy vehicle that has no friendly unit in a 10 inch radius and use it for yourself, and with Niggerism, the vehicle crew gains one additional attack per turn for 1 less dice on attack rolls.
>>
Not OP, but my friend just busted out the most broken army, some sort of /tg/ recursive army, after 3 turns his army fucktouples in size. and its all downhill from there, any suggestions on countering this broken crap?
>>
>>34293598
Yes.
Flip the fucking table
>>
I play Otakus and Neckbeards, but I have serious trouble actually getting my army to do anything. When is the new armybook coming? Having to roll for Apathy for every single unit every round is kind of bullshit, most turns half my army can't move at all.
>>
>>34293647
You are new huh?
Get a female HQ. any one will do. Now you'll have a constant move per round and apathy is then 1 roll for the entire army. You can even get your female HQ to give them an apathy immunity for 1 turn if you fail the roll.
>>
>2014
>not running Obfuscating Philosophers
>not enjoying free saves against fucking everything
You can apply the template to any army for maximum metafuckery!
>>
>>34293679
Female HQ? But that'll force my Otakus to take 3DPD rolls, are you sure it's worth it? I have upgraded them with Dakimakuras, but it still seems risky.
>>
>>34292998
Tulpae are best used as a low investment backup against enemies that want to draw the battle out. You have a regular army of fast heavy hitters and then you force evasive armies to close with you under threat of a late game twilicorn shitting all over their troops if they don't deal with you.
>>
>>34293722
Drop your otaku for fujoshi
>>
When's the new campaign book supposed to be coming out?
Running the same ConMosh and LootGrab scenarios over and over again is getting old.
>>
At what game size is it worth to drop your Nice Guy HQ for a Supreme Gentleman as Fedora'd Gentlemen?
>>
While I more often than not lose when I use it, using an army made up mostly of [s4s] units is pretty fun.

I just wish they had more equipment options.
>>
>>34293771
with or without Euphoric?
>>
Is it me or are SJWs OP? And it's all because all the enchantments you can attach to them.

In the last game I played my opponent had a transgender androgynous intersex multi-oriented anti-cis transethnic racoonkin and he destroyed my entire army with just that unit.
>>
Did anyone try to run a le 9gag army? I hate their fluff but I want to get one because of the sheer amount of Retardation Points they can produce.
>>
>>34293853
You didn't make them trigger on themselves did you? Amateur.

All you need to do is get one of their units to trigger another one and the entire army will be forced by the rules to tear itself apart.
>>
File: Aperturefetishes.jpg (271KB, 1323x640px) Image search: [Google]
Aperturefetishes.jpg
271KB, 1323x640px
>>34292918
>>34292998
>>34292859
Does anyone know when the new /d/ book comes out? I'm starting to feel bad about being able to bring all these dicks to the table for so little points. And don't tell me to start playing /h/, I don't like their lore.
>>
>>34293882
How can I avoid triggering one? Every fucking thing triggers them.
>>
>>34293849
I run Euphoric on my entire army.
>>
>>34293939
Just make sure you don't run "Phony god's blessing". Make sure your nits are auphoric because of their intellect.
>>
Anyone noticed /v/ themed army's weakness against the SJW's Sarkeesian? That's so brocken when combined with whiteknights, half of your troops convert to whitenights on turn one and if you don't field a /pol/itician with 'call to raid' the poor NEET's an basement dwellers are all gone in two turns.
>>
>>34293920
You don't want to avoid triggering them. You want them to trigger on themselves. There's literally no way to put together a legal SJW army where it can't erupt into infighting.
>>
Have you tried mounting a fascist on evola's tiger? In my test's it proved to be incredibly effective.
On the other hand this makes mixed /pol/ armies even more complex to run. Most times anarchists/libertardians and authoritarians, NatSocs and facists try to kill each other if the enemy HQ has a annoyance or danger to society worth of less than 20.
>>
>>34293939
Then Supreme Gentlemen is always better, unless you have to worry about pissing off your allies.
>>
>>34294028
Why not just running the special UCM for atheist army's?
Sure Dawkins eats up a huge chunk of your points, but the nerds are immune to females, as they wank to his books.
Also some scientists won't want to wreck your shit for being NEET.
>>
>>34294065
He was asking about Fedora's Gentlemen. Not the Atheist Army.
>>
File: VeteranCat.jpg (61KB, 513x408px) Image search: [Google]
VeteranCat.jpg
61KB, 513x408px
I don't care if it isn't the most powerful but I love my Kitten Horde.

Also those Veteran Stray's do give some much needed punch, especially when you have managed to lure the enemy in with the Belly Rub trap.
>>
File: KittenTank.jpg (53KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
KittenTank.jpg
53KB, 500x423px
>>34294210

Forgot to ask, do any of you think Kitten Tanks are worth getting?

They seem a bit situational and the price the company sells them for is a bit rediculous, I hope they aren't starting to take after GW.
>>
I'm running a /k/ommando army with the innawoods perks for movement bonus.

Do I get tons of dakka for a small group or enough dakka for a sizable army?
>>
>>34294210
Cat's work really well with /b/tards.
Each time a cat unit is damaged you can prolong the /b/tards raid ability and negate unity loss.
>>
File: MadCat.jpg (115KB, 550x1079px) Image search: [Google]
MadCat.jpg
115KB, 550x1079px
>>34294311

Hmm I wasn't really wanting to branch out side of the cats themselves but if I'm facing a particularly win at all costs opponent it might be worth a punt just to have a fighting chance.

Perhaps also some Crazy Cat Ladies, they would open the potential to bring in White Knights and the rest of the Social Justice mob.

I do want to pick up the MadCat though.
>>
Guys. I am running an old-fashioned Trekkies and Superhero Geeks list I have had since the first edition. The Convention Swarm used to dominate the field back in the day, but nowadays I am losing against everything.

Will we ever get a new codex, or are they going to go the way of the Squat?
>>
>>34294449

I think there is still some potential in there.

The upcoming Marvel Comic Universe expantion will hopefully give them a bit more of an edge. I just hope the rumour that they will be combining this book with the Ninja Turtle and Bayformer books isn't true, I hate when I have to buy a large expensive book when I only want 1/3 of it. If that happens I'll just torrent it.

Not sure if they will become tourny viable but in just regular games against others playing for fun I'd imagine things will be okay.
>>
>>34292944
>John Person
>Not Sparrow
wotapleb.png
>>
>>34294485
But you'll be able to ally with /co/mrades which has the benefit of bringing your odds against SJWs to 50/50 (or better if you spend the points to ban webcomics)
>>
>>34294485
Don't forget that thanks to the 'mainstream' update and the 'Hollywood' expansion you can now bring jocks, brahs and normalfags with you.
It's not trve, but immensely effective.

But don't be a waac faggot fielding three iron man-avengers brahs with curlbro upgrade at 1500.
>>
>>34294485
>>34294629
>>34294691
Thanks guys. There is still hope for me.

I'd hate to dilute the flavour of the list, but I guess I will modernize and diversify it a little bit. I'll splash in some of those /co/mrades, a few jocks with double identities and maybe a mentally unstable webcomic artist for support.

I'll try to avoid anything from the Hollywood expansion though. The alternate Trekkie rules printed there are shit.
>>
>>34292605
Equip all your squad leaders with bags of dicks, so you can choke on them.
>>
>>34294838
I think you've mixed something up, I think 'choking on a bag of dicks' is only available to OPs in the standard edition. Although to /pol/ only if they have the 'closet homosexual' perk.
>>
>>34292605
Consider investing in a "John Cloud Raven"
they are a super counter to goth Land Whales,
If you can take the ThatGuy penalty, that is.

by the gods, let this be the new Chapter Master
>>
The gothtapotamus nerf is bullshit, all these faggots taking landwhales when they don't remotely fit the fluff
>>
What's your favourite special characters? I feel that Internet Aristocrat is too overpowered for his cost, and he hard counters 'Bullshit' special rule and 'SJW' main and sub types with his 'Reason' special rule.
>>
>>34296164
The one and only doge.
Shitty fluff, but gives cansur to everyone and everything. Basically turns every encounter of 'discussion' or 'serious discussion' into a slaughterhouse of shitpost-based combat. Not to mention how well this works with basically every army of underlings like /b/, neets, basement dwellers and everything X-shitposter. And afaik there's no real counter apart from mods, janitors and the banhammer.
>>
>>34296397
Yeah its way OP. We have banned it in our local playgroup, which may have been a mistake, since we will be horribly unprepared if it comes up in tournaments.
>>
>>34296424
>playing in tournaments

Tournaments have been shit since the Admins expansion, instant wipe of any 4chin based army, so OP that its sucks dicks on the street for bus-fare, then walks home.
>>
>>34296449
> admins
> overpowered

Ever played against the NSA v& combo? That really gargles genitals and mobs the floor with admins afterwards, if the player has mercy and just don't banishes everything to guantanano.
>>
Is there a release date on the next consolefags codex? I've been looking at some of the fluff and models for the steamfags and I really want to try that shit out. They've recently been hella shit upon, used to run a PSfag focussed army but recently the meta is all about the wiius, being able to just spam everything to death. I just want to have some old school technically focussed troops and not mindless splurging.
>>
I run a social media sheeple army at my local club and it is insane. Why the fuck is the iOS + hardware upgrade boost so OP?! Sure you lose half your wealth points each turn but to double your obnoxiousness? Yes please.

Swag fag allies are pretty dope too, but they can't really stand up against the long words of Dawkins and his atheist euphoria squads.
>>
>>34296535
Maybe add some /g/entlemen. With the 'Deebean' and 'install Gentoo' special rules they shit all over anything remotely casual. Although they might get a stroke when going against gamer guurls and geeky girlys who want to explain the superiority of apple products.
>>
>>34296507
The guantanamo thing is extremely hard to pull off though.
The NSA is very much a debuff-based army. It can shut off most of the buffs and abilities of pretty much anyone, but is almost unable to do any significant damage early game. Most of it is cancelable via Reposts, unless they use the Watchlist debuff, which prevents the Watchlisted unit from Reposting.
Once they hit the late game however, you're fucked. Don't let them pass SOPA, bum-rush them and you should have a chance.
>>
>>34296600
If you correctly pull of a leak with a whistleblower then al non-government unit's are forced to target them.
>>
Newb here, wanna put together a con-based army, equal parts Capefans, Otakus (for mechs, they're the best heavies I can afford), and Trekkies. Is such a thing even possible?
>>
>>34296712
>>34296712
>>34296712
Swap out your trekkies for 501st trooprs and you'll have a solid force to hold gound whilst your Capefans rush about the place.
>>
halp, /tg/

I picked up a youtube army because I thought the internet celebrity models were the best. Other than having my subscribers continue to feed ego to my Internet Celebs and having them rampage through the enemy I can't get any synergies to work. If some they get one or two of my Celebs off the table before they do work I'm fucked. What should I splas
>>
>>34296738
That works, then I can just have my Otaku mechas blast at 'the enemy.

Should I attach a Cardboard Box Gundam to the Mecha squad, or is the Kamina Cosplayer with Dai-Gurren Flag better?
>>
>>34296773
Kamina buffs anyone within 12" of him really well, just be sure to protect him otherwise he'll gt torn to shreds. As long as you think of him as your army's bard with all of his different speaches, you'll be fine.
>>
>>34296835
Got it, thanks.
>>34296759
Did you toss in an Unboxer to give your army Rage already?
>>
>>34296759
Neo Nazi and IS-beheading channels can catch enough attention for your subscribers to build up some momentum. It also keeps the sjw's out of your business. Pure yt is hard to pull off. It works best in synergies, like using Internet aristocrat and pol troops together, which buff each other. Or the penguinz0-channel with /b/.
If you're feeling funny put /b/ or the penguinz0 fanbase together with pewdiepie, the start rampaging and killing everything-even each other. Sort of instinctive behaviour, risky as fuark but funny as hell.
>>
>>34296773
any choice where one of the choices is Kamina-related is, in fact, no choice at all.

You run Kamina
>>
>>34296759
If you're tossing Youtuber's into an army with no theme you're going to lose.

Remember that they operate better as death-stars. Especially if you can get units of the same affiliation together. Polaris units and Yogcast units are great for this since they're so numerous.
>>
>>34297078
He is expensive, so not always the best choice in low point games.
But oh god is he worth it if you have the points to spare. I've had untold numbers of CoD clans get destroyed by some good otaku synergy. I play against a bro who plays an otaku army, and gets really into it. Actually doing the speeches and shit, makes the games hilarious. Keeps getting me voice my Squeakers as they run interference too.
>>
>>34293006

>running gayfox anons

They are cheaper and get stat boosts when n bigger groups, I can give you that, but that means you cannot combine them with old anon elites or the special newfag rule nerfs them and you have to roll every 3 rounds to decide whether or not they turn hostile. You should just run old anon elites with neckbeard hax0r as heavy support and shitposters as troops IMHO.
>>
>>34296164

I like Zone, but I think Zone should be used in both the flash, bastard and deviant armies.
>>
>>34296759
Use a few celebs with shittons of fanboys and one or two haters to counter the cyclejerk penalty.
You either charge forward with the celebrity, let him take damage and then use the flamewave ability of the fanboys to wreck everything
or
you give the celeb the ability "jewtube shekel" and let him grow stronger with every turn untils he becomes an undestroyable rapemachine.
>>
What do you guys think of Normalfags? I like that they have lighter versions of a lot of rules like Drama and Rage so they fill up the little gaps in your army as a sort of jack of all trades, but they can't put out a whole lot of damage and they really can't specialize
>>
>>34297607
They are devastating against robots but if you use too many of them you might trigger virgin rage and the whole thing backfires.
>>
Anyone here running a /sci/ list? I always found that my army just starts fighting itself halfway through the battle
>>
So I'm running Neckbeards with a cadre of Grognard Riflemen, but I keep getting my shit fucked up by Fedoras (it's hard to keep my Grognards in infantry square when they keep breaking formation due to incite rage.) Would it be helpful if I splashed Genuine Gamer Girls? I know they're not particularly tough and don't have too much staying power, but Friendzone would help a lot.
>>
>>34300977
Oh, and my Army List:

HQ
H.G. Wells
- Powers: Father of the Craft,
Equipment: Tome of Little Wars

HQ
Kriegspiel Master
- Psychic Powers: Skubtasm, Art of War
- Equipment: Somewhat Offensive Cosplay Outfit

Elite
Grognard Napoleonic Historians
- Powers:
- Equipment: Perfectly Painted Mass Of Tiny Tin Riflemen
- Transport: Sabol Army Transport

Elite
Neckbeard Game Store Owner
- Powers: Discount, Preorder, "Get Out Of My Damn Store"
- Equipment: Beard of Might

Troops
Grognard Napoleonic Riflemen

Troops
Grognard Napoleonic Riflemen

Thoughts?
>>
>all this fedora-tipping

This horrible thread is to /tg/ what /s4s/ is to /b/.
>>
>>34301175
Pretty much any female unit works as a hard counter to fedora's. Genuine Gamer Girls are too high points cost though because the devs want to keep them rare. Try running a drawfag waifu or something.
>>
>>34301377
I'm aware, but GGG get a cost discount under "Wives and Daughters" with Grognards, and they have devastating effects if you upgrade them with Understanding Boyfriend attachments. I know they may be overcosted, but Fedoras have completely overtaken my FLGS and I want to shake up the meta.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.