[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

H-Game+Animation Megapack (380+GB)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 45LbeRa.jpg (58KB, 752x191px) Image search: [Google]
45LbeRa.jpg
58KB, 752x191px
https://sukebei.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=1793648

Sharing the link in case anyone is interested.
Has a large collection of games and animations from doujin circles.

Please help seed!
>>
>>688126
>rar everything
WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS
>>
>>688126
>380gb
K then, I'll just leave my pc on for like weeks/months
>>
Bump!
Please seed.
>>
>>688478
Sometimes games cannot be further compressed than with rar. I have several games that have bigger file sizes if I use 7zip.

But for most cases you are right, every body should adopt better compression methods. We have faster computers and the 20seconds decompressing won't hurt you.
>>
>>688617
I think you missed the entire point of Anons post.
>>
>>688623
the collection is not a single rar file, check the torrent content.
>>
>>688624
Its the simple fact that its rar'd at all.
>>
>>688625
And why shouldn't it be?
>>
>>688626
Should or shouldn't doesn't really apply. Its a preference. Most people that torrent prefer to see exactly what is packaged in their download. Its also considered good etiquette not to archive files as the archive can be encrypted with no way for the downloader to know until after the download is finished.

I understand why someone would want/need to archive files in such a large torrent. Sometimes its just impossible to create a torrent with such a large number of files without either breaking the project into smaller portions or archiving the shit out of everything.
>>
>>688627
Archive also make it impossible to only download the parts you like, an important feature of torrents.

Not having to download shit you want off your HD as soon as possible also tends to improve seeding ratios.

As does not having to keep an archive file around just for seeding after you've had to extract everything for double the disk space usage. Especially on a 380GB torrent.
>>
>>688627
There is no reason not to archive files when the torrent clearly states what it contains.

>>688631
If you are downloading a h-game I presume you are downloading it because you don't have it. It makes perfect sense to archive games, which can be compressed down to 50%. Especially if games tend to be bigger than 1GB.

>As does not having to keep an archive file around just for seeding after you've had to extract everything for double the disk space usage. Especially on a 380GB torrent.
This makes no sense when you could just open the archive and extract single files out of it.
>>
>>688634
I'm not sure if you don't know how torrents work or don't understand how archives work. Maybe both?
>>
OP here, it's compressed into different folders so you can pick and choose which ones to download. Some games are pretty shit but bear in mind that the purpose of this torrent is as an archive of H games. You don't /have/ to DL everything.

(Please seed though)
>>
>>688664
Seems like you are the delusional one trying to find an excuse to waste space on your 5tb drive your parents gave you.

Optimization is always a good choice, because you can safe space whenever possible.

I work as a software designer, and I do know how torrents or archives work.
>>
>>689026
>I work as a software designer

Are you sure? Because you seem to be missing a very simple fact in all of this. By rar/zipping everything you're forced to maintain two copies of the data on your HDD at any given time. The copy of the data in its unarchived form, to run the program. Then you need the copy of the data in its archived form for your torrent client to seed.

Doesn't seem very optimal to me.
>>
File: Illustration.png (6KB, 317x464px) Image search: [Google]
Illustration.png
6KB, 317x464px
>>689072
Following the idea to store everything compressed you might end up with a net storage benefit if you only have one game installed at a time.
For pic related you might end up with 10GB free storage when you currently don't play anything.

Of course 90% compression ratio is completely theoretical, but your hard drive will always be able to store more games if you compress everything. (given a smaller compression ratio than 100)
In my case archiving 229 games of 188.91GB resulted in a in a reduced storage of 142GB. This makes my collection take 25%(almost 47 GB!!!) less space.

>Then you need the copy of the data in its archived form for your torrent client to seed.
Very generous though of you, but you could set your torrent client so it uses your first archived file for seeding, no need to have a second copy of the archived version.
>>
>>689106
>you could set your torrent client so it uses your first archived file for seeding

I don't think you understand what is being said here. You're not making a second copy of the archived files. You're just extracting and storing the files in any given archive to play the game. So you now have a copy of the game in an uncompressed form to play and a copy of it in the original archive for seeding purposes.

And I agree with you about the compression, assuming you only ever play a single game.
>>
>>689133
Yea obviously if you want to seed this method is not for you, but it has great benefits for storage only purposes.
>>
Quick, somebody throw me some good names to check out so I don't have to sift through hundreds of gigabytes of archive files.
>>
>>690785
kate_sai
Illusion (overrated imo)
evee
DOUJIN3ARIES
Bingo Tart
Tinkle Bell
stborough
>>
>>690785
Dragonfire
xXCoolXx
CryStorm
m00thedgehog
DestroyerKiller69
Potato
mlpfan9293
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.