[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Euros Whether you like "handegg" or not, how much coverage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 386
Thread images: 42

File: IMG_20160207_112530.jpg (164KB, 880x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_112530.jpg
164KB, 880x440px
Euros
Whether you like "handegg" or not, how much coverage does the NFL and the Super Bowl get in your country?
Is it small? Large considering it's a foreign sport?
>>
It gets talked about on the internet but nobody gives a shit irl . You guys literally live inside your own bubble
>>
Ive tried to watch it for a few years but because of the time it airs and the 'excitement' levels i usually fall asleep
>>
>>65417598
>w-w-we don't give a shit about NFL! I mean there's sold out NFL games in London every year but those don't count

Kill yourself Mohammed
>>
>>65417598
Why are you lying? There are Super Bowl parties in England and the Sky sports does a big coverage.
>>
Nobody gives a shit
>>
>>65417653
it's popular with uni lads

that's about it
>>
>>65417653
Inter-european bantz
I like it.
>>
>>65417653
>24 hr sports channel covers an event on in the middle of the night
>>
>>65417635
>>65417653

>What are hipsters
>>
Sky advertise the NFL a fair bit, but it' a premium service that not everyone has.

The SB itself is on BBC1 this year, which is availiable to everyone and they have barely mentioned it.

So in short, no it doesn't get much attention, I'll still check it out though as I like handegg
>>
>>65417465
When I was at university a lot of people watched it and there were events I enjoyed going to every year for it. Was fun to go to a pub and have it on in the background and do the whole American thing for a day.

Now that I'm in work I know almost nobody who watches it purely because it's on so late and there's work on Monday morning. Am sure more people would care if that wasn't the case but as it is it's not really possible for there to be major interest.
>>
>>65417696
This.

Insomiacs love it too
>>
File: Osaka_fingerchen.png (11KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
Osaka_fingerchen.png
11KB, 380x380px
It got rolling this year. They showed two sunday games each week.
>>
>>65417465
ehr commercial wise it doesnt get a lot, bbc is supposed to be airing the thing but I havent seen a single commercial. Sky sports will obviously air it since well they have like 6 channels.
>>
>>65417729
See, why can't you guys answer like this?
>>
Is growing on here, I think in Madrid and Barcelona there are even SB parties.
>>
>>65417465
Here in Spain you can watch NFL games in a channel of paid television (idk what you guys call that), but they are almost always very late in the night even if they are not live. Superbowl gets aired too but I don't know anybody who watches it, and I have never watched American Football either for more than 15 minutes.
NBA does get a lot of coverage though. For the rest of the world, Basketball is the great American sport.
>>
>>65417861
But don't you guys have like 11pm game times?
>>
>>65417790
last year was advertised loads on channel four but fuck all this year
>>
>>65417729
It got mentioned on MOTD
>>
>>65417935
That means they go until like 3 am m8
>>
>>65417752
>>65417745

This is true, If for the reasons you stated, you happen to be awake at that hour it's sometimes nice to watch something live and relevant rather than repeats of Only Fools and Horses (as based as that program is)
>>
not muchs since superb owl game will be at 2:30 a.m. on Monday night
>>
File: HarmoniousAcceptableBats.webm (807KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
HarmoniousAcceptableBats.webm
807KB, 640x360px
BBC had a 20 minute interview with 2 niggers this morning who spent most of the time talking about 18-1 compared to the actual game tonight
>>
>>65417465
it's on in the middle of the night so nobody casually watches it
>>
>>65417985
I'm not sure what you meant
I thought La Liga has late game times so it wouldn't be that big of a jump.
>>
>>65418149
even the latest games end by midnight
the Owl starts at midnight, 11pm only for brits
>>
>>65417635
Every hipster from and near Europe goes to those fucking pieces of shit.
>>
File: CC1cRec.jpg (93KB, 750x756px) Image search: [Google]
CC1cRec.jpg
93KB, 750x756px
It's shown free on TV but without commercials or anything. They just show the network logo when there is a commercial break in US.

Most people watching it are only interested about the hype that goes around it instead the actual game.
>>
>>65418149
there is simply no tradition of Handegg in Europe. NBA has late gametimes and people watches it because everybody knows basketball, but as for Handegg I dont even know if there are even local leagues. Honestly most people here couldn't tell you the basic rules and on the top of my mind I could only tell you like 3 NFL teams. One of them being Denver Broncos that I know because of South Park.
>>
If the owl was on a Saturday I'd 100% watch, just isn't possible having to get up at like 7:00 for work on Monday morning.
>>
File: 2716fhpf7901.jpg (87KB, 740x573px) Image search: [Google]
2716fhpf7901.jpg
87KB, 740x573px
>>
>>65418343
Why don't they move it to Saturday anyway? Stupid Yanks.
>>
>>65418508
Why would we move it for you?
>>
>>65417465
superbowl is popular in italy
just like frozen pizza and meatball on pasta
>>
>>65418508
Almost everyone has Sundays off work.
>>
>>65418539
Money, and there's no good reason it doesn't air on Saturday anyway. It would make the parties way better if nobody had to go to work the day after.
>>
>>65418508
this >>65418539
Yanks have the tradition of Football Sunday
>>
>>65418602
Nah, it's because of dumb reasons involving CFB. I believe there might be a law against the NFL airing on Saturday kek
>>
>>65418586
There's no more money to gain from moving it
>>
>>65418625
Except once college football ends they start playing games on Saturdays
>>
>>65418626
Well, there is, it would help them chase international money, which is basically the only way the NFL can grow at this point.
>>
only /fit/ tier teens that are wannabe americans follow this shit sport
>>
>>65418656
The rest of the world will never really care about American football. Games only sell out in London because of the novelty factor.
>>
>>65418625
4 playoff games are played on Saturdays and Im pretty sure in week 16 there was a saturday game, they used to have more at the end of the season.
>>
>>65417465
One national tv channel shows the whole thing free. Of course it starts at 1:00 am and tomorrow is Monday, so not many people will watch it. It's talked, or at least mentioned, on news tomorrow at last.

Question: So the Super Bowl broadcast begins here on tv at 1:00 am (6:00 pm eastern), but I assume that there is a 30 minute opening ceremony, so if I set the alarm clock to 1:25 I will be able to still see the kickoff?
>>
>>65418656
It will always be minuscule to what they make already
I'm pretty sure the only reason they want a NFL team is to open up another timeslot here

Besides, would you want the EPL to change their schedule for us?
>>
>>65418693
Probably. Won't stop them trying, though, since the potential upside is too much. They've seen how has boosted EPL revenue.

At least they're not doing retarded shit like NFL Europa.

(Also, the NFL really needs a D-League equivalent operating in the off-season. It seems insane to me that it hasn't happened already)
>>
>>65418708
Kickoff is it like 6:30pm est
>>
>>65418756
It's hard to have one that doesn't start hemorrhaging money immediately because it couldn't compete with college
>>
>>65418753
>Besides, would you want the EPL to change their schedule for us?
They already have changed the schedule for TV and international broadcast, you just don't remember when almost all televised games aired on Saturday evening.
>>
>>65418780
Cool thanks
>>
>>65418796
Nah, it's just laziness. It's not NFL Europa, there's a huge vacuum for football in the off-season. Just have low salaries and sign up Tebow.

Bet you could convince NBC to air it on Sundays (their programming after Sunday Night Football does utter shit anyway), ESPN to air it on Monday and then just air other shit on NFL Network.
>>
>>65417465
Haven't heard anyone talk about it, it will begin at midnight, so nobody (besides me) will actually watch it. The news will probably have small segment saying: 'this is a thing in America, Coldplay was there'
>>
>>65418796
>>65418908
Besides, it could run from Feb-Sep to avoid treating on the toes of CFB.
>>
>>65419020
Wouldn't it just be full of shitty college players who couldn't even make a practice squad? Might be boring.
>>
tell me about handegg m8s
who is the best player?
>>
non-existent. a few years ago one of our tv channels broadcasted it but they got very few viewers so they dropped it after one year.

I'm the only one I know who watches the super bowl or even knows the rules of the sport
>>
>>65419136
Past or present?
>>
It will be showed on MTV8 here, which is a small/medium channel (owne by Sky btw). Sports journals/programs give it like 5 minutes at the end with a clip of higlights from the teams in it saying " there's this thing tonight/tomorrow, it's pretty big in america".
>>
>>65419167
both
also how many games are there in the regular season and in playoffs?
>>
File: 3217.jpg (599KB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
3217.jpg
599KB, 1920x1152px
I've watched it a few times, but even when you don't have a job the fucking ads start to kill you at 3am, and the fact you are wasting your life begins to really kick in.
>>
>>65419228
Past: Jerry Rice
Present: JJ Watt
>>
The Superbowl get some pages in the journals. The regular season doesn't exist. But I've heard of Heidi Bowl.
>>
Yuro recently moved to the UK here
>>65417598
Is right, people getting upset because it's the truth need to face reality
This is as bad as Mavs fans thinking some lonely group who watched Nowitzki win the title somehow means Germans give a shit about the NBA and the NBA is faaaaaaaar more relevant than handegg
They broadcast the games free everywhere but no one watches
>>
Well we are heading straight from our local karneval party to my place and watch the superbowl with huge amount of chicken
>>
>>65419170
Oh and i'm talking about the SB specifically, the other matches arent talked about at all, i guess they are on some obscure channle on pay tv
>>
>>65418810
Saturday evenings would be better for us than what they are right now
>>65418908
>>65419020
But it would run against everything else
Plus people are too entrenched to their college teams to care
>>
>>65417465

Imagine if you had to stay up until 4 am to watch the Rugby World Cup final.
That's what it's like.
>>
Some hipsters and gays like it (mainly for the half-time show tho) and a 2nd rate TV station is showing it, but as far as mainstream media goes, it gets little to no coverage at all.
>>
>>65417465
People only care about handegg exactly one day per year. Today everybody pretends to be a fan
>>
The result will probably be mentioned on the news tomorrow. Maybe a couple of small articles down the side column of the papers.

Sky Sports are shilling it hard because they show all NFL games. So they've been talking about it every day for the last few weeks.

It will probably be the 5th most popular sporting event shown here this weekend.
>>
>>65418753
No. But they have changed gor tv. Games used to be 1500 sat and tuesdsy night 1945

Besides football isnt a dying niche sport
>>
Listening to the radio in the car this morning summed up the SB. Everyone only watches it for the half time show. Other than that unless you really really like the NFL no one watches it as it is on too late and we all have work monday.

The premiership is far more followed in the USA than NFL is in the UK
>>
>>65419502
I said for us
That time change made it worse
>>
>>65419531
Not it's not
It averages about 400k a game, slightly above MLS
>>
>>65419531
>Everyone only watches it for the half time show

Do you think more people will tune in for halftime because of Coldplay?
>>
Going to an owl party tonight, will be the 10th owl ive stopped up to watch live. also happen to be a panthers fan, been to at least 2 regular season games per season since 2011 (b4 muh bandwagon)
>>
>>65419610
I watched it last year and I don't think they even showed the half time thing.

I might have slept through it though I can't remember. It's stupidly long isn't it?
>>
File: usaBTFO.jpg (9KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
usaBTFO.jpg
9KB, 277x182px
>>65417465

Nobody gives a shit, only some american expats hype it on fb and some american owned restaurants/bars may host a special event for it.

I don't think most people even know about it, besides the odd faggots that pretend to be big sports fans by mentioning it once year. But really they just watched the halftime show tomorrow and a short highlights video.

I tried to watch it a few years back, it is too goddamn boring and I don't understand how anyone can follow this shit sport. Even divegrass is more eventful and that too is boring as shit.

Tbph hockey is like the only constantly exciting and interesting sport.
>>
>>65419608
An average NFL game shown on UK TV will get no where near 400k viewers.

The premiership is far more followed in the USA than the NFL is in the UK

There is no trolling and no need to get upset that is just a cold hard fact. You don't see Aussie getting upset over the fact no one watching Aussie rules football, yet they get up at silly times in the morning to watch the premiership

>>65419610
Nope as its only 15minutes long and what is the point in staying up till 3am for that when it will be on youtube on Monday morning
>>
>>65419693
>It's stupidly long isn't it?

No clue. I don't watch halftime.
>>
File: sportsleaguerevenue.png (49KB, 963x562px) Image search: [Google]
sportsleaguerevenue.png
49KB, 963x562px
>>65419502

>dying niche sport
>>
>>65417465
Absolutely zero, our main sports channel was planned to show the owl, but they decided not to in the end because it's in the middle of the night before Monday so the ratings would be as low as the Mariana trench. There is an owl party every year in Moscow and Petersburg, but only people from a couple NFL internet communities attend it, in general very few people follow the sport here, and it's a damn shame.
>>
>>65419693
They definitely do show the half-time show here. In the US, the half-time show gets higher ratings than the game itself. It's only about 15 minutes or so
>>
>>65419733
You've got to out it in context
We've got almost 5 times the people
So 400k here would be the equivalent of like 80k there
I remember seeing that like 5 million Brits watched the Super Bowl and 8 million Americans watched the EPL
Per capita British NFL viewers are larger

Not trolling or anything
>>
Most people in the USA watch the SB only for the adverts over the game itself
>>
>>65419816
Half time show is always so cringeworthy though...i can't believe that
>>
>>65419783
Why wouldn't they show it regardless?
It's not like live TV wouldn't get better ratings than whatever they would show
>>
>>65419860
There is no context more Americans care about the premiership than brits care about the NFL. And that 5million figure for Brits watching the SB sounds like bullshit

>muh per capita
>>
>>65419881
I fucking hate this bullshit and it's the reason why I'll never go to a superbowl party ever again. People only shut up during commercials and half time and talk through the entire game.
>>
File: smukkek.jpg (10KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
smukkek.jpg
10KB, 300x250px
>>65419893
Probably NFL charging 10 billion for the right to broadcast a niche game in the middle of the night lel what you think?
>>
>>65419893
Because it cost more money than it is worth to show it. Why would a business opt to lose money spending millions to show a game that very few people will watch anyway losing them money?
>>
>>65419860
Those numbers sound like complete bullshit to me, 5m sounds way too high (and 8m sounds *way* too high for US EPL broadcasts)

>>65419892
Women who don't give about sports tune in for it and everyone else is watching anyway.
>>
>>65419893
Probably because buying rights for it is too expensive and they'd lose money if they showed it. IIRC they'll be showing Man United-Chelsea replay at that time and they have bought EPL rights ages ago, also it might be useful for the people in the Far East who will be able to watch it in the morning, because right now this game is being played and it's like 3am in Vladivostok, and when they'll be showing the replay it will be 9am.
>>
>>65419916
How is per capita not relevant?
>>
>>65419893
Fun fact: The NFL actually paid Channel 4 to air Sunday Night Football in the UK and they still dropped it.

The NFL put a lot of money into promoting the sport. Like, ever seen a banner or TV adverts promoting a sport before? It's weird.
>>
>>65420000
>>65419955
>>65419952
There's no way they'd charge that much with not much demand
>>
>>65420069
https://youtu.be/6KeG_i8CWE8
>>
>>65420012
because it isn't and that 5million figure sounds bullshit

Why do Americans get so upset by the idea that very few people outside their bubble watch and care about the SB?

Like Brits couldn't care less if you followed the premiership or not in fact most British football fans hate Americans who jump on the bandwagon of a premiership club
>>
File: laughing_whore.jpg (214KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_whore.jpg
214KB, 625x352px
>>65420080
>>
It's kind of fun that household names in the US are basically unknown in the UK. Barely anyone knows who Payton Manning or Tom Brady is.

The most famous NFL figure is probably John Madden, thanks to the games.
>>
>>65420123
That's promoting a channel that's airing a sport, not the sport itself, slightly different to what I mean.
>>
>>65420129
because we need to show the world how good and fun our big strong american sport is and how good are big strong no cardio athletes are
>>
>>65420164
>It's kind of fun that household names in the US are basically unknown in the UK

It's the same way for soccer players in the US. Nobody aside from hipsters knows anything about it. Americans only get excited for soccer when our national team is doing well.
>>
>>65420129
It's rough guesstimation
http://mashable.com/2015/01/30/super-bowl-uk/#3frPMdz9Mgqg
You've got 2 broadcasters
One gets 2.5 million unique viewers
I'm just assuming the other channel gets as much

And I don't. Just your sports are just as relevant here as the NFL is there. Remember Liga MX ratings dwarf every other soccer league here
>>
>>65418226
>>65418226
their money is just as green (or whatever color you guys use)
>>
>>65417465
None.

It's on a special premium cable channel that like 1% of people have, but not advertised one bit.
>>
>>65419881
Damn thats embarrassing
>>
>>65420339
>I'm just assuming the other channel gets as much
That's a really, really bad assumption. One is in a fraction of the households as the other.

It's like assuming NFL Network gets ratings as good as CBS for Thursday Night Football games. Except more extreme, as NFL Network is in 61% of households, whereas Sky Sports is in like 25%.
>>
>>65420163
You saw >>65420069 right?
I'm sure if they would have asked nicely they could have got it for the janitor's salary
>>
File: 30919995932.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
30919995932.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>65420424
>Only USA could make watching commercials a hyped national event
>>
>>65420435
While true, the NFL is *massively* more invested in the UK as a market than anywhere else.

Which is a bit weird, because Germany embraced NFL Europa.
>>
>>65417465
dutch Fox sports will host it on two channels, one with dutch commentary and the other american commentary i believe. Mainly, it's more popular amongst college students. Seems to be a viewing party in Groningen, city with 50k students or something, wich sold 1500 tickets
>>
>>65420339
One channel is a free to air the other is a pay channel so it will get no where near the same figure.

And that doesn't take into account the number of people just looking at what all the noise is about.

The NFL is the 7th most watched sport on sky sports. Now most premiership games get between 3million-400k depending on who is playing. Which would put a typical Sunday evening NFL game at around 100k viewers

world wide the SB is only watched by about 250million people with 170million coming from the USA
>>
>>65420506
Yeah, but any possible marketing is better than no marketing
>>
>>65420506

UK is by far a better market than Germany, thats why. That's why London is getting the franchise.
>>
i think its on eurosport
>>
Basically nothing is said of it until the friday before superbowl sunday and then the BBC might go "oh, the superbowl is on sunday night"
>>
>>65420339
>I'm just assuming the other channel gets as much

your assumption would be grossly wrong :^)
>>
>>65417465
next to no coverage
apart from it just turning up on one of the terrestial channels live which a show format noone has ever seen before
>>
>>65420289
>I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN
>>
>>65420435
I dunno. they really should have bought some 1pm Sunday games first, they start at 9pm here (8pm in September when you guys still have DST), if people liked them, they could have bought the SB and the ratings wouldn't have been so shitty. It was actually announced in August that our main satellite broadcaster bought NFl rights and was going to show 2 reg season games a week + the entire playoffs on their network, but they didn't show a single game all year, that was weird.
>>
>>65420622
>Not liking Iron Mike Carlson and Nat Coombs
>>
File: 2.png (2MB, 1236x822px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
2MB, 1236x822px
>>65417465
doesn't help that they always play it on a day with work the following morning
>>
Any streams for a EU fag ?
>>
>>65420529
I'm not talking typical
Just the Super bowl

Plus those numbers would be more per capita than the EPL
>>
'handegg' people are as bad as 'sportsball' people
>>
>>65420691
sums it up
>>
>>65420694
A more fair estimate would be Superbowl v FA Cup final, which got 14m last year.
>>
>>65420601
Yes but percentage of subscribers watching is probably higher
>>
i wouldn't watch the super bowl if i wasn't from the us.
>commercials
>time outs
>stupid half time shows
>corporate "plastic" crowds

it's like 20 minutes of sport action spread across 4 hours

but it is an excuse to meet up with friends and drink.
also, i'm a bitter jets fan.
>>
>>65420694
And the defensive wall goes up. The idea that noone outside the USA cares about this game really upset americans for some reason
>>
>>65418508
I wish they fucking would
>>
>>65420728
>FA Cup final

Literally no one outside of the meme teams that make it to the final actually care about that.
>>
>>65420740
What are you on about?
>>
>>65420798
there's a lot of people outside the big club bubble
>>
>>65419228
16 games in reg season
3/4 games in post if you make it to owl from high or low seed
>>
No one carnes. Rugby is somewhat popular though
>>
>>65420728
How is that relevant?
>>
File: 089.jpg (759KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
089.jpg
759KB, 1600x1200px
live on the bbc2 later
which means no adverts for the whole thing
>>
>>65420694
Honestly, I'd say the regular season is probably about equal on a per capita basis. The highest-rated EPL game ever got 1.4 million on NBC.

The Super Bowl is an anomaly as it's an event, a bit like the World Cup Final.
>>
>>65419362
NIPPON BANZAI END THIS APARTHEID
>>
>>65420762
I just said EPL here is similar to the NFL there
You're the one declaring your sport is more relevant in the other place
>>
>>65418508
because their fanbase is full of inbreds that would riot in the streets when their team wins/loses on a saturday night
>>
>>65420857
what were you trying to say here im confused
>>
>>65420827
isn't that a super short season?
>>
>>65420883
Like this >>65420857
>>
>>65420891
southerners don't have many NFL teams bro
>>
>>65420883
But it really isn't you would be lucky if a NFL season game broke 100k viewers here
>>
File: 1454694104398.png (80KB, 1305x792px) Image search: [Google]
1454694104398.png
80KB, 1305x792px
nobody watches handegg here except for autist unilads and accountants.
>>
>>65420905
not if you only play once a week

they do that because of how taxing it is on the body, also it has the effect of adding to the importance of each game
>>
>>65420905
Yeah but it's as much as they can play
>>
>>65420826

>arselel fans genuinely believe this
>>
>>65420943
Per capita it's similar
>>
Nothing in the news about it or anything, tomorrow people will be talking about the football and rugby, not the super bowl

So I guess it's pretty small here
>>
>>65420962
>all of India, Australia, pakistan
>amounts to 1.3 hundred mil
lel
>>
File: bc-ga-tech-ireland.jpg (26KB, 900x438px) Image search: [Google]
bc-ga-tech-ireland.jpg
26KB, 900x438px
>>65421011
What about if we sent 2 3-9 college teams over there?
>>
Certain people that like it watch it. Id say maximum 50k in the whole country. Gets a small mention in the papers.
>>
>>65421048
will change the lives of all irishmen
>>
I watch football and handegg and enjoy both. Sue me.
>>
>>65419892
The following people watch the halftime show almost exclusively
-little kids
-spergs who don't like sports
-women who don't like sports
-teenaged girls and boys who don't like sports
-the elderly

So of course it gets higher ratings because "xD I luv Bruno Mars"
>>
>>65421048
You know they sent Georgia Tech because the Triple Option looks like rugby. Boston College is literally the worst team on earth to watch though
>>
>>65421085
>the elderly
why
>>
>>65417465
euros do you have 8 hours of pregame to analyze big games. is it as silly as us doing this?
>>
Final/Championship finals rankings?

>World Cup Final
>Champions League Final
>Super Bowl
>Euro Final
>Copa America Final
>Copa Libertadores Final
>Women's World Cup Final

POWER GAP

>Concacaf Gold Cup Final
>>
File: 1453393226450.jpg (22KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453393226450.jpg
22KB, 640x640px
>>65421095
yfw bc almost beat Notre gayme this year
>>
>>65421095
Nah
The last time it was Penn State and Central Florida
Just two teams willing to do it
>>
>>65421048
I remember being in the middle of Dublin in 2013 when one of the first ones of those was happening

Never even heard about it, so they do a shitty job with PR
>>
File: 1418760190009.gif (3MB, 628x402px) Image search: [Google]
1418760190009.gif
3MB, 628x402px
>>65421122
>>Women's World Cup Final
>>
People have jobs so they can't stay up until 4 AM to watch fat blacks run into each other
>>
>>65421137
There wasn't even one in 2013
>>
>>65421121
No. The only all-day sports thing I can think of is the transfer window.

Pretty sure Sky Sports did an all-day thing for the Super Bowl last year (dunno if they're doing it this year) but they're a niche channel trying to stand out.
>>
>>65420848
its very relevant

>final, one off game
>on terrestrial TV
>>
>>65421160
I don't understand what your rugby team has to do with this?
>>
>>65421048
The Irish get to watch the GT mememagic rise again I guess
>>
>>65417598
A 17 trillion GDP bubble you ramped-carrier fat brown fuck lmao
>>
>>65421121
we do in the world cup euros and cup finals
can remember phil neville and danny murphy chatting shit on the manaus pitch about 7 or 8 hours before we lost to italy in the amazon
>>
Haven't heard a single word of it to be honest family. Didn't know it was happening until I logged on to /sp/ today actually.
>>
>>65421192

I understand you're trying to meme but rugby is one of the whitest sports in the world. Even the England team is mostly whites
>>
itt: yanks desperate to convince us that we care about their shit "sport"
>>
>>65421122
see this
>>65420962
>>
anyone know how many tickets the NFL give each team for their fans
must be huge percentage for corporate
>>
>>65421233
I don't remember that. Honestly, I think the TV coverage is surprisingly restrained during the World Cup, all things considered.
>>
pretty obscure, mainly because of the time
NBA is much more popoular
>>
>>65420691
www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams

I always watch an American stream since the commercials are a big part of the event
>>
How many Euros know what it's called a bowl?
>>
>>65421024
To be fair if that's the figure for this year's none of the shitskin countries were in the final so it makes sense that the figures were lower.
>>
literally none cares about that retarded game full of niggers and fat idiots
>>
File: 0x600.jpg (81KB, 886x600px) Image search: [Google]
0x600.jpg
81KB, 886x600px
id sit through the american adverts every 4 mins if i meant i got to see the big man
>>
>>65421299
I am actually surprised that americans are the ones who go overboard on talking about sports instead of england doing that with soccer. The english/yuros love their soccer more than americans love football. plus its the most popular sport by a huge margin where americans divide their love more evenly among different sports
>>
>>65421162
2012 then I think

Pretty sure Notre Dame were playing
>>
>>65421325
I'm a bit nervous the streams will die so I'm looking into getting a VPN for the official CBS stream.
>>
>>65421296
they give nothing to the fans. thats why its such a shit atmosphere. its not fun at all to root for your team
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
why are burgers triggered that none cares about their shitty sport packed with niggers and fat asses
its not even a sport

>pic releated murican athlete vs average real football player
>>
So is the winner of tonight's match like the world champions or something?
>>
>>65421414
It's more of a tourism thing anyways
Gotta get those American tourist dollars
>>
>>65421340
I'm a Britbong who has watched pretty much every game week this season, and even I don't lmao
>>
>>65421428
Yes.
>>
haven't seen a single commercial for it yet, but I suppose it's on a paid service that I don't have. Might pull up a stream late night, because I don't have anything else to do. Nobody cares or knows about it here.
>>
>>65421428
>>65421465
>world champions
>world
>>
>>65421340
I assume there was a stadium called the super bowl it took place in a long time ago or something?
>>
>>65421340
I assumed it was by analogy of the college Bowl series
>>
>>65417465
broadcasted on a free second rate channel, ratings are pretty shit, around 200k people watching it but the schedule and the length of the event doesn't help
>>
File: chucksoda.gif (3MB, 537x300px) Image search: [Google]
chucksoda.gif
3MB, 537x300px
>>65421388
watch inside the nba seriously. its him and charles barkley joking around
>>
>>65421491
Any team want to take that title from them?
>>
>>65418226
Just how soccer fans here are hipsters and foreigners.
>>
File: 481966144.jpg (307KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
481966144.jpg
307KB, 594x396px
>>
Sky have had a dedicated superbowl channel all week
>>
>>65421495
Close
>>65421500
Yes
>>
>world series
>world champions

Meanwhile no one outside of /sp/ knows that the super bowl is happening today
>>
>>65417653

>Skysports

Run by an Australian American jew, who wants to promote it for extra money cause the old coffin dodging cunt is getting paid off.

I will watch it as there is nothing else to watch at 3am.

>Super Bowl parties in England

Of which the attendees are all American immigrants.
>>
>>65417465
Very small. Handegg doesn't exist here. No one knows any Handegg player, no one knows the Superbowl is today.
>>
>>65421427
lets see the dive grass player press 225 lbs (102kg) for over 20 reps
>>
>>65421529
The Earthquakes also fill up that stadium
It's not impressive
>>
dubs says Pey Pey fumbles first snap.
>>
>>65421491
There's no international team to challenge them so they technically are the world champions.
>>
>>65417653
I did it at uni but its more an excuse to get drunk and eat burgers

everyone tends to watch the first 15 minutes then it becomes secondary
>>
>>65421562
I can't name one handegg player past or present
>>
File: 5D36313-800x400.jpg (161KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
5D36313-800x400.jpg
161KB, 800x400px
>>
literally no news about it

one of the major sports sites had a small rectangle about it halfway down the page. I have no idea if it's on TV but the hours are terrible anyways
>>
>>65421562
>no one knows the Superbowl is today.
this very much
>>
File: mexicofo.jpg (174KB, 900x399px) Image search: [Google]
mexicofo.jpg
174KB, 900x399px
>>65421624
>implying
>>
>>65421620
>literally the highest attendance the $(ers stadium ever gets

Owl and WWF withstanding.
>>
Just checked and the cricket World Cup is a bigger sporting event than the super bowl

Nothing to see here, why are we talking about this no name competition
>>
>>65421668
Texas pls
>>
>>65421516
yer i do bro
found a youtube channel with all the shows without the adverts
not sure about the white guy and what he really does
>>
Zero

I would politely ask where you watch the games and chat about it so I can observe or participare
>>
File: japmex.jpg (130KB, 1155x724px) Image search: [Google]
japmex.jpg
130KB, 1155x724px
>>65421717
fuckin lol, i wonder how much of a shit show this was
>>
File: IMG_20160207_133957.jpg (441KB, 1788x1003px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_133957.jpg
441KB, 1788x1003px
>>65421668
No need to act like the eagle fell off
>>
File: clairebalding.jpg (258KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
clairebalding.jpg
258KB, 600x400px
>>
>>65419234

t. Gary Neville

Its actually you isn't it. Fuck off you manc cunt.
>>
>>65421428
Basically. At least, no other international team could beat a lot of these NFL teams anyways.
>>
>>65421758
Fletcher is such an Americuck it's painful
>>
>>65421668
>>65421747
On a related note, Chicharito is a big Raiders fan
Probably the most predictable thing possible
>>
Who's the black yank geezer who hosts the sky coverage? He's pretty based.
>>
>>65421812
Chapman sorry

they literally have the same voice, can't tell the fuckers apart
>>
>>65421812
which ones that? all i know is when they were presenting katy perry last time the one on the right was like

KATY PEEEEEERRY whilst pretending to jiggle his imaginary boobs

which was probably the highlight of the whole show
>>
>>65421828
Isn't usa football actually a somewhat popular university sport in north mexico?
>>
Its on television here but the idea that you would stay up to actually watch it is one that will get you put in a mental hospital.

As in, if people asked what you did on a sunday night and you said "I watched the Super Bowl" they would think less of you as a person and probably avoid contact with you for the future.
>>
>>65421885
Yeah apparently
There was even a Liga MX games with football lines apparently
>>
I watch it for them sweet sweet adverts.

Best part of the whole sport.
>>
File: swedbrit.jpg (347KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
swedbrit.jpg
347KB, 600x402px
There was a large interest to play in the respective international teams and during the trials in the UK over 300 players tried out for the team. In the Swedish team, there were several players with experience from the Swedish national team. Bith teams proved to be equal in strength and tactics, however, the British team showed more efficiency and won with 41-21.

>losing to the sillynannies
>>
who's on the halftime this year?
>>
>>65421937
I saw threads saying Bruno dickhead Mars
>>
File: IMG_20160207_135005.jpg (142KB, 1080x1409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_135005.jpg
142KB, 1080x1409px
>>65421912
>>
>>65421897
>>65421741
Spot on. The only people watching it are normalfags trying to be special.
>>
>>65421937
>>65421950
It's Coldplay
>>
>>65421950
i heard it was coldplay but then maybe with bruno mars and beyonce
>>
Do any of you have any American friends, coworkers or anything that you actually get along with?
>>
>>65421992
I have an American friend who I play halo with. 7 years I've been friends with him. Plan on visiting this year before I get too old to do it.
>>
>>65421965
>attendance

LMAO
M
A
O
>>
>>65422013
Don't shift attention away from your getting BTFO
>>
File: Messi Kimoshi.jpg (117KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Messi Kimoshi.jpg
117KB, 600x600px
>>65421965
>game attendance: 1002
>we have a team
>>
>>65422047
What attention? Clearly no one cares.
>>
>>65421974

>getting a shitty British band to play your biggest handegg show

lmao
>>
>>65422077
Yeah, Halftime shows usually suck and are for the non football fans.
>>
>>65417465
HYPE
Y
P
E
>>65417631
>>65417631
KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>65422077
everyones done it?
obvs wouldn't get a wrapper to do it
>>
>>65417465
I only ever saw it in 5-10 seconds shorts meantioned here which was always about the halftime show or advertisements.
>>
>H-Y-P-E
PANTHERS
WHO THE FUCK R THEY DOE??
>>
>>65422162
Ever since the Timberlack/Janet Jackson incident the NFL has avoided getting names that are too controversial or new and unpredictable.
>>
>>65422216

Well Coldplay is about as predictably pedestrian as you can get. I'd rather see Metallica or Sabbath or Maiden or something.
>>
>>65421850
so where was fletch last night?

you told me he was interested in the superbowl
>>
rappers can't perform live
>>65422216
especially in a huge stadium
>>
>>65422249
It need to be a pop band to reach the biggest bases though
>>
>>65422216
kek I still laugh at the usa thanks to Janet Jackson
>>
File: westaboo.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
westaboo.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>65419881
*claps*
HAMBOIGAH
>>
>>65422279
Heif it wasn't for that there would be no YouTube
>>
yanks, who should i support this year?

last time i backed england but since they aren't in it who do you recommend?

know next to nothing about either of the teams apart from peyton manning and the black guy
>>
>>65422270

Are Coldplay really that popular in the US?
>>
>>65422305
Panthers.
>>
>>65418756
>At least they're not doing retarded shit like NFL Europa.
>(Also, the NFL really needs a D-League equivalent operating in the off-season. It seems insane to me that it hasn't happened already)
Ya mean NFL Europa?
>>
>>65422333
Fuck no
But the genre is more in line than metal
>>
>>65422305
you know more than me whose this famous black guy and why is he black and a guy?
>>
>>65422333
coldplay are probably the biggest contemporary rock band in the world
>>
>>65422363
the guy on the op pic, he's the carolina quarterback

think he did the ronaldo celebration once
>>
>>65422365
coldplay is a rockband?
>>
>>65422354

It doesn't really fit the sports profile at all though.

>tough hard hitting action
>half time
>fucking coldplay

Metallica are quite clean cut by metal standards too. At least now anyway.
>>
File: miku sinatra.webm (383KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
miku sinatra.webm
383KB, 720x405px
They should put Idolm@ster or hatsune Miku as halftime act. No risk of any nipslips or whatever amerifats triggers thes days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYNiXVgbyQk
>>
>>65422416
yes

what do you think they are?
>>
>>65422388
>black guy wearing a helmet
thanks ill look out for him
>>
>>65422428
It doesn't fit football genre
It's for everything else
>>
>>65422435
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwJ1i5lCw0M

creepiest thing i have ever seen
>>
>>65422416
Kuschel Rock :3
>>
File: iJ51R2.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
iJ51R2.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>65422363
He's the mascot of the panthers. He dances when the team scores a touchdown (or anything else).
>>
Two years ago it was first aired in the Netherlands.

Only FOX advertises with it as they are broadcasting it. Doesn't get any mentions in the news the day after nor is it ever reshown on any other channel.

But I can watch it, so I'm gewd.
>>
>>65422441
I dunno, some sentimental women music making orchestra with lots of choir stuff.
>>
>>65422499
aka rock
>>
>>65421476

It's on FOX, if you got Ziggo, you got FOX.
>>
I will probably watch the Superb Owl, if I'm awake.
>>
>>65417465
huge coverage here in germany, several football events in my town, free stream on ran.de

get rekt murrifags
>>
>>65422516
I never got what belongs to what genre/sub-genre/niche-underground-sub-genre in music.
It's all kinda confusing and no matter what someone calls something there always seem to be people who proclaim he's wrong and knows nothing about music.
>>
>>65418586
>>
>>65421885
>>65421905
it's more popular in Mexico City
>>
>>65421416
The cbs stream does not have the same commercials as the tv version, or at least it did not have them last year
>>
>>65418756

college football = nfl d-league
>>
>>65422601
rock = guitar music
>>
>>65422599
Isn't it on like super late though?
>>
>>65422647
What about those spanish folk-songs though?
>>
>>65422668
rock also has drums
>>
It's talked about on fox sports here but no one gives a shit.
>>
>>65422416
Soft rock / AOR, not like Motorhead were (rip Lemmy)
>>
>>65421233
>that feel when I was absolutely smashed for that game and celebrated for a good 30 seconds and thought 'wow we could actually do ok in this tourney' when sterling hit that long shot
>>
>>65422685
So is metal rock? Cause I've seen metalheads getting mad at someone calling their favourite band a hard rock band.
>>
>>65421588
So it's just a reason to have an American-themed party?
>>
>>65422699
you talking to the guy who dropped/smashed his full pint on the floor on the pub whilst celebrating

>true story
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 480x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 480x314px
>>65417631
Generations of men who eat field fairy manlets over here, you don't need testosterone to play soccer ya fairy cunt
>>
>>65422333
Coldplay was popular maybe 6 years ago. Last big song was the one about ruling the world
>>
>>65418657
What favela do you live ?
Its becoming pretty mainstream
>>
>>65422739
just mentioning that game triggers my autism and gives me flashbacks anon, I always reply when it's mentioned in any way
>>
>>65420891
>being so group controlled
the kikes know better
>>
>>65418226
Oh God it's just like Soccer here.

I hope you guys don't have a Seattle tier fanbase
>>
>>65422365
Yeah but they fucking suck
>>
>>65422657
yeah, but who cares? university is over and i don´t have to work tomorrow
>>
>>65422123
>Brazilian trip
Now this is something new
>>
>>65422785
Pats fans are the biggest fanbase over here. It's intolerable.
>>
it is 11am in LA
but it is 5pm in Rio de Janeiro

weird
>>
90% of the population doesn't even know what it is.
>>
>>65422725
yes. rock is an umbrella genre

hard rock and metal are different, in that metal nowadays generally refers to extreme metal. originally they were basically the same thing
>>
>>65422840
That's funny , you know because of the American Revolution
>>
>>65422862
Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.
>>
Call to prayer
All British come pray
>>
>>65422872
Yeah, that's the typical American response. Thing is, nobody really gives a shit about US history in Britain, so it's not really relevant.
>>
>>65422925
all mexicans come to gangbang
>>
>>65417465
literally none apart from some Ameriboos on the forums

get fucked fatties
>>
>>65422947
this explosive tantrum didn't even make sense
>>
>>65422932
>the start of the collapse of your global empire isn't "relevant"

Holy shit britcucks are fucking deluded. Almost as bad as Americans saying "we were the reason we won WWII"
>>
File: 1439942455918.jpg (12KB, 230x284px) Image search: [Google]
1439942455918.jpg
12KB, 230x284px
When does the superbowl start in +1 UTC? Like Copenhagen, berlin kind of time.
>>
>>65423001
chin up son
>>
>>65422960
I will tell my fat friend to get fucked , have fun being more prone to zika and anyother annoyance a non filthy country doesn't have to blink over you smelly manlet
>>
>>65422725
Black Sabbath were arguably the first "metal" band, but at the time they would have said they were hard rock.
>>
>>65423014
the empire was at it's peak in the 19th century mate, the american colony was a sideshow in comparison
>>
>>65423014

but we were

Russia was getting its shit pushed in until the western allies intervened, and even before then, the USSR was entirely reliant on western supplies, munitions and armor
>>
>>65423014
High five
>>
>>65423014
You're vastly, vastly overestimating the importance of 18th century America. It's literally a footnote.
>>
>>65423046
oh, and nfl has become a hipster thing here in norway. A good portion of my friends watches and follows and they aren't even really into sports.
>>
>>65422599
>ran
LMAO they still exist? Wasn't that the wannabe sports department of the women channel sat1?
>>
>>65423154
Hate hipsters NFL shouldn't be associated with that crowd, I like Norway cheers.
>>
>>65423046
0:30
>>
It was mentioned on Sky Sports today after the Man Utd game as part of the schedule in the next few days.

My gf was aware of it because she read beyonce is doing the half time show on facebook.

Someone literally just mentioned it on The Jump (winter sports game show) this second.

That's all I've heard about it outside of /sp/. I don't think many of us could tell you where the teams are from or point it out on a map.
>>
>>65417635
That's 80,000 people out of 60 million
>>
>get lean
will watch anything doesn't matter how dull for hours
https://youtu.be/hzqFmXZ8tOE
>>
>>65423056
kek, we don't even have mosquitoes here you fat mess

meanwhile in Puerto Rico, which is literally part of the USA and full of US citizens, there's a state of emergency due to Zika virus
>>
>>65423165
Yeah, I think they show a couple Euro League games every now and then.
>>
>>65417635
>asks an honest question
>can't accept the honest answer
>>
>>65423131
>>65423094
>rest of the world sees 13 little hovels band together and fight and eventually beat MUH SUN NEVER SETS empire
>hurr u aren't relevant

Say it with me
De
lu
sion
al
>>
>>65417465
nobody really cares about it except some dudebros
>>
>>65423198
Cool. I'm gonna watch the superbowl, and try to understand the rules better. I think I'm gonna be cheering for the broncos, since I love colorado as a state, and south park.
>>
>>65423234
tyty. Now I just gotta find a stream. the gf is occupying the tv.
>>
>>65423317
It was just a spin-off of the seemingly eternal France vs. England shenanigans.
>>
>>65423298
I didn't see any last year. But yes we do, thanks Global Warming.
>>
>>65423298
I said prone bitch it will spread we got money and beautiful amonts of varying strengthed medicine and you have your mud hut that somehow has internet nicely don't you guys got potential over there in what ever you call your country
>>
File: 1444264946939.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1444264946939.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
Chilean on vacation here, no one gives a flying fuck.
>>
>>65423425
High five
>>
>>65423375
Wait, wait... you weren't really plannning on watching it on Viasat 4, right? I mean, that shitshow is fucking cancer with their "super bowl studio" and complete lack of excitement.
>>
how many bongs?
>>
File: 1446859918827.png (88KB, 900x580px) Image search: [Google]
1446859918827.png
88KB, 900x580px
>>65423533
I don't know. I think I would still watch it on stream. I was also gonna watch the LCS :O)
>>
>>65423569
>>
If it was on during waking hours or at least not the night before a working day then more people might casually tune in to see how different it is but no one will stay up until 3am on a Monday morning.

It's not marketed to us whatsoever so the audience is tiny and there's not much point covering it in the media if you can't watch it.
>>
>>65423533
I have a friend who's becoming a teacher and he has to teach basic German to sandnigger kids in a "Brennpunnkt" school.
Doesn't sound fun.
>>
>>65423496
Your house is made of sticks, little piggy.
>>
>>65423375
http://livetv.sx/en/eventinfo/383742_carolina_denver/

Sopcast links will have a very good quality, but they will probably be in Spanish.
>>
how do you watch the game tonight?

our local tv station "sat1" is utter shit.

also i want to watch it with original comments and ads.

any tips bros?
>>
>>65423670
You're right, learning German isn't fun. What's the deal with fucking gendered nouns and shit?
>>
>>65423756
>Not having gendered nouns
>>
>>65423672
Funfact remark has merit today yours is directed twoard when the pilgrims arrived well .. Not today
>>
>>65423732
Either get a US VPN and stream it on CBS.com (all the ads are included this year) or try and find a dodgy stream that doesn't fall over
>>
>>65423526
They are rare enough, in 2013 I seen them the first time ever here. Most people probably haven't seen one. It's mild here.
>>
>>65423732
>he fell for the ads meme
top kek
>>
>>65423839
what about sopcast?
i guess i could run it on a ubuntu-live i guess..

>>65423920
whats the alternative?
this ultra-shitty perspective from the edge of the stadium every few minutes during the ad-times at sat-fucking-1?
>>
>i came here for the adverts
>>
File: 1453253705830.jpg (30KB, 583x584px) Image search: [Google]
1453253705830.jpg
30KB, 583x584px
>>65424009
>>
>>65423983
just go fap or something
>>
>>65423833
Really? I thought wood was the most popular building material for houses and even appartment buildings there? McMansions are made of chipboard like western set, how I imagine America: all front no dept.
>>
File: snoop.png (2MB, 1278x904px) Image search: [Google]
snoop.png
2MB, 1278x904px
>>
why do cheerleaders wear bows on their heads?
>>
>>65418248
That's kind of a shame since the ads here are considered a big part of the overall event
>>
>>65424056
This pic is more fitting
>>
>>65424207
Is snoopy elite?
>>
>>65424412
he's just a pigpen babby
>>
>>65417465
I dont even know when this starts and who is playing and even if i would be interested i think we dont broadcast this 2bh
>>
File: 14282024995450.jpg (24KB, 404x406px) Image search: [Google]
14282024995450.jpg
24KB, 404x406px
>>65417465
No one watch the game, only the halftime show
>>
American football team from my town organizes a party in cinema, they are watching a game like they're watching a movie, top fef.
>>
>>65434699
Pretty sure Serbia is the biggest European consumer of American sports per capita. Its funny considering our history
Thread posts: 386
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.