[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he - dare I say it - one of the biggest memes ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: Ronaldinho.jpg (63KB, 350x225px) Image search: [Google]
Ronaldinho.jpg
63KB, 350x225px
Is he - dare I say it - one of the biggest memes ever?
>>
File: 1447443596397.jpg (27KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1447443596397.jpg
27KB, 550x366px
he's one of the greats. Anyone who claims otherwise is just too young to have watched him.

>mfw 18yo kids can''t remember prime Ronaldinho
>>
>>65411830
He was the reincarnation of Rivelino
>>
>>65411916
19 here senpai, grew up on Ronaldinho and Drogba
>>
if he'd played in the 50s/60s he would be hailed as the best ever

he wasnt made for modern football
>>
>>65411986
this
>>
>>65411986

he used to be one of the strongest players on the pitch at any given match, three defenders would close in and could barely get near the ball thanks to his body protection. He was made for modern football until he lost the speed and started playing like Beckham.
>>
>>65411830
Prime Ronaldinho was the most dominant force in football history, Sören. Now do your homework for Monday.
>>
>>65412039
remember that time he ran into terry with the ball and sent him flying whilst scoring
>>
File: CaZyiuWVIAE7KUe.jpg large.jpg (61KB, 646x402px) Image search: [Google]
CaZyiuWVIAE7KUe.jpg large.jpg
61KB, 646x402px
>>65411830
no, he blew it when he turned down lester at Christmas, he could have been the omega meme for all time.
>>
>>65411830
If being a meme means winning everything that there ever was to be won in world and club football.
Then yes.
>>
>>65412099
>he turned down a EPL medal

how dumb
>>
He lasted 2 years. People overrate him based on memory/nostalgia. There's a reason he didn't play in the middle -the place where the best players go to have the most impact-: he wasn't good enough.
>>
What happened to him though?

I've never seen/ heard of a player be the best at his sport and fall off the planet so quickly.
>>
This man is the original living meme. This man was a meme before memes were even alive.

I would go as far to say he is the GOAT meme, the Messi of meme players, the grand daddy of all loveable, tricky, flash-in-the-pan kinda guys
>>
Depends. Ronaldinho was legit the best player in the world for a time. Personally I think Ibrahimovic is a bigger meme, but I still like both players.
>>
>>65412152
he played in the middle, left and right, he was allowed to go where he pleased because he was that good
>>
If only Leicester had signed him

We are reaching dangerous levels of memeing and Ronaldinho at the King Power would have been the event horizon
>>
>>65412318
Nah, in Rijkaard's Barca Ronaldinho played on the left and the signature play was a cross to Giuly attacking the space (kinda like Messi was doing last season, only from the other side). They tried him as a #10 but he was utter shit playing with his back to the goal and linking up play in the midfield. He needed space to do his shit.
>>
File: Caid-jgW0AAfoGe.jpg large.jpg (27KB, 595x381px) Image search: [Google]
Caid-jgW0AAfoGe.jpg large.jpg
27KB, 595x381px
>>65412099
>>65412111
yet more lester dubs and trips confirm
>>
>>65411916
I am 18 and I remember seeing Ronaldinho play live, and I have a pic with him
>>
For about 2 seasons he was a complete monster. Then he became a meme
>>
>>65412087
I do desu, I remember being very impressed by that
>>
>>65412172
He won a Libertadores three years ago.
>>
>>65412172
He went full Hue
>>
>le jogger ponyta man
>>
>le never defend step over man
>good

loving all these newcunts that have only watched his best of clips on youtube desu.

He would have never sucedded in the PL because of the amount space given to him on the ball in lel liga. Its not that he was a better player than he was at PSG, he was just given a different (freeloading) role at barca which let him show off all his tricks. Honestly would have been better off going to madrid
>>
File: Brazil 1-1 England 2002.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Brazil 1-1 England 2002.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>65413104
Yeah, he could never have made it against those brave superb English defenders.
>>
>>65413104
>he would have never succeeded in the PL
>let's just ignore the fact he won the CL
>>
>>65413104
>I see the flag
>I dismiss any point made in the post
>>
>>65411830
I'm guessing you're like 18-19 yo.

In his prime (which only lasted for two seasons because he loved partying, hookers and cocaine) he was one of the most spectacular players I've ever seen. He was pure magic, they just couldn't stop him.
>>
>>65413166
nice meme la, everyone know the best players in PL aren't actually english

>>65413174
plenty of shitters have a CL medal retard
>>
>>65413240
they were back then
>>
>>65413212
Pretty much this, Barca with Ronaldinho was spectacular, I mean whole Bernabeu chanted his name while real was losing 3-0.

>>65413240
dingo ate my baby ayyy
>>
>>65412172
Jumping around a few brazilian clubs to get paid, and he went to Mexico for like a year to get some cartel money as well.

Right now he is clubless after quitting his last team after 11 games.
>>
>>65412172
he would party almost every night and put little to no effort in training (he even won the balon d'or like that), that made Pep kick him out of Barça, in Milan he did the exact same thing but with a couple more years under his belt he started gaining weight (a lot)
He did the same in Brazil (twice), then on Mexico and now he is playing in Ecuador (lol)
Pretty sad desu, he was my idol growing up as a kid, i started watching football thanks to him
>>
If Ronaldinho was autistic like Messi and didn't enjoy women and drugs way too much, he'd be the best ever by a mile.
>>
>>65413331
Ronaldinho put effort in Milan during the period previous to the 2010 World Cup. Then he didn't get a call and lost motivation. Same thing for the 2014 World Cup, he had a good season beforehand and still didn't get a call, lost will after that.
>>
>>65413331
I think he just signed for that one friendly match in Ecuador. There's a clause for him to stay after that if he wants but no news about it so far I guess.
Fun fact, the team is called Barcelona.
>>
He was awesome, nowadays he's only a lazy shadow of his past. Still better than most brazilian players though
>>
>>65412039
This. Prime Ronaldinho was fucking invicible on the ball. He was fast as fuck too. People hate him or call him a meme just because he had a massive and fast drop in form and quality but in his prime he was the perfect football player. I'm watching football on daily basis sice ~97' and only 3 players blew my mind how good they were: Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Messi.
>>
File: 1451150231481.png (138KB, 222x244px) Image search: [Google]
1451150231481.png
138KB, 222x244px
>>65413370
>if dinho was messi he'd be better than messi
>>
>>65413166
to be fair, most players in the epl arent even english
but yeah, the epl is often overrated, not because it isnt the most competitive league in the world, but because fucktards often comment: see this amazing player who just won the champions league by scoring 8 goals on the top 3 english teams? he wouldnt last a day on the epl
>>
>>65411830
He made you want to watch and play the sport all the while putting a smile on your face.
>>
>>65411830

First reply (>>65411916) sort of answers your question already. That opinion - that Ronaldinho is of the greatest all-time player - is pretty common among people of my generation (easily impressed teenagers when Ronaldinho was in his prime).

He's the prime example of a meme athlete.
>>
>>65411830
Kinda
2 great seasons and everyone overhyped him
He failed badly in 2006 WC where he got schooled by Zidane
>>
>>65412331
LOL when he was at Milan he played in the Left Wing and we had the team built around him with fucking Antonini making surging runs forward for him

Dinho was static as shit so we used to call it "Left Wing Island" lmao
>>
>>65413104
He sorta succeeded in Serie A which is much harder than MemePL with Milan...we had to build the team around him though and he only was good in 2009/10 as a result
>>
>>65413174

Gilberto completely shut him down in the CL final. It was Larsson that turned that game for Barca.
>>
>>65412039
He also lost his impressive physique. Do you think that was correlated to his loss of speed by his late 20s? Partying ruined this guy.
>>
>>65411830
one of the few footballer who really liked to play football
>>
>>65421635
Let's also not forget they pretty much bought the refs
>Lehmann Red Card
>Sheva Disallowed Goal
>>
>>65421914
>blatant Eboué dive leading to Arsenal goal
>>
>>65421914

The Lehmann red was as clear a red card as you'll ever see so I'm assuming you mean he should have just let the goal stand and not punished Lehmann.

Arsenal were refballed harder in 2011 by Barca.
>>
>>65421967
>I'm assuming you mean he should have just let the goal stand and not punished Lehmann.
Yes
That was a blatant red card that early in the game to turn the game in Barca's favour

Barca shouldn't have even been in the final in to begin with

I wish UEFA/Platini would get caught for this bullshit and have Barca's titles stripped

The only legit UCL title Barca has won since the turn of the millenium was the one last year
>>
>>65421967
>>65422091
Note:By "blatant" I mean "bullshit"
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.