[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me a reason why Mexico isn't a solid National team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

Give me a reason why Mexico isn't a solid National team

They have a diverse attack (Hernandez an excellent poacher, corona a winger with a style that every one obsesses about in modern football and Vela in being one of the best technical playmakers Mexico has ever had.

They plenty of options in the midfield (Guardado, Vasquez, Jonathan dos santos, Hector Herrera and even diego reyes)

And their defense is improving with up and coming players (salcedo, lopez etc etc)

I'd say they're top 12 desu senpai
>>
Top 16 sure.
>>
CHICANO THREAD
>>
Not a single player taller than 175cm
No goalkeeper at all
Not a single decent defender
Literally who midfielders who play in mickey mouse leagues

All they have is Chicharito and Vela
>>
CHI
>>
Bad players.
>>
>>65208227
what??
fucking mascherano a midget is your fucking capitan
>>65208189
we are top 20 chicano
>>
they aint vardy m8
>>
>>65208281
>Germany
>Brazil
>Argentina
>Uruguay
>France
>Chile (a meme beyond a meme)
>Italy ?
>Spain

Then you have meme countries like England , Colombia, Belgium who have a win streak and are hyped like no other but get exposed after a year or so. You have to remember that the "big" countries aren't the same as they were a few years ago. Spain for example.
>>
>>65208189
Can't be good at any sport if you don't have a head.

>inb4 muh our heads are in your mother
>>
>>65208560
>Spain
>Exposed after a year
>Despite 10 years of dominance
...ok
>>
>>65208189
>we
are solid, and i think that if the FA is patient with Osorio, we can become top 10
>>
>>65208676
Didn't say that m8.. I said that Spain aren't the same powerhouse they were a few yearsback. You could say the same for Brazil.
>>
OFFICIAL NT POWAH RANKINGS
1.- Germany
2.- Spain
3.- Chile
4.- France/Argentina
5.- Belgium/Brazil
6.- Polland/ Uruguay
7.- England/ Italy
8.- Colombia/Mexico

feel free to put Turkey in 7th or 8th
>>
>>65208252
CANO
>>
>>65208189
>gallito vazquez
>hector herrera

sadly its been 5 years since 2014 anon.
we are solid tho
>>
>>65208737
I would put ecuador over colombia nauruto
>>
BUILD
>>
WALL
>>
>>65208281
Messi is our captain
>>
>>65208737
I disagree with your ranking completely, but if you're gonna do it like that do it right:

4. France/Argentina
6. Belgium/Brazil
8. Poland/Uruguay
10. England/Italy
>>
File: bb.jpg (57KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
57KB, 625x625px
>>65208859
i like mine better tho
>>
>>65208737
Belgium is not on the same level as Brazil
>inb4 7-1
>>
>>65209681
You're right, at this point they're better.
>>
File: fitpepe.jpg (32KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
fitpepe.jpg
32KB, 680x680px
>>65208189
How mad will Mexico be when the USA wins a world cup before they do?
>>
>>65208227
>Not a single player taller than 175cm

>Vela
>Layun
>HH
>Jürgen Damn
>>
>>65208189
>Give me a reason why Mexico isn't a solid National team

Nobody said that they weren't. I'm confident that they'll make it all the way to the Round of 16 at the next World Cup, and no further than that.
>>
>>65210004

This would be funny as fuck, mainly because 90% of Americans wouldn't care and 90% of Mexicans would care. I don't see it happening, though, we would need a world-class player and a manager who knows how to park the bus, then pray that we can pull a Greece 2004.
>>
>>65208189
we are better than England that's for sure
>>
>>65210042
>
semis next wc la
>>
>>65210084
>semis next wc la

lol, that's "officially" our team's goal too, but I don't see it happening for either of us.
>>
>>65208737

>Poland

what
>>
>>65210102
hows the youth program for the USMNT?
idk if the problem lies on Klinsmann or your lack of talent (bar Bradley)
>>
>>65208737

1. Germany
2. Spain
3. Argentina
4. France
5. Chile
6. Brazil
--- significant gap ---
7. Colombia
8. Belgium
9. England
10. Italy
11. Uruguay
12. Portugal
--- significant gap ---
13. Austria
14. Ecuador
15. Croatia
16. Netherlands
17. Ukraine
18. Poland
--- gap ---
19. Mexico
>>
OCHOA
Aguilar-Moreno-Reyes-Layun
Herrera-Vazquez-Guardado
Corona-Poacharito-Damm/Vela

Talavera
Lopez
Salcedo
Molina
Vela/Damm
Aquino
Jonathan Dos Santos
Dueñas
Jimenez
Herrera
>>
>>65210192
>hows the youth program for the USMNT?

Still not good. The college system, pay-to-play travel teams, and the bizarre inability of our massive latino population to produce any good players are all fucking us over. There have been some positive steps over the last few years (new training centers, better-funded MLS academies, more players choosing to go pro or play in Europe instead of going to college), but it takes time.

>idk if the problem lies on Klinsmann or your lack of talent (bar Bradley)

I mostly blame our lack of talent, but Klinsmann hasn't been great either. Personally, I think he makes a better technical director than a coach, instead of making him do both he should focus on being the director and let US Soccer bring in someone else, preferably a coach who knows how to win with limited talent instead of a guy who couldn't win the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich.
>>
>>65210192
Our u20 team was good enough to hold the eventual u20 Champs to a goalless draw that had to be decides by penalties. We have kids in european youth academies and are just beginning to mature but they will eventually replace the current memery that is the currebt Usmnt. By 2026, we will have a solid team that might even be up there in the top 10
>>
>>65210304
Everyone thought Bob Bradlel wasted our last good generation back in 2010 but that was the only time we played very tight as a team. I dont see why our shitty federation is obsessed with being the next Germany and play possessive ruthless soccer since there are many teams that are world class that pride themselves on rigid defending and counter attacking
>>
Chicano thread!
>>
>>65208189
Solid? At the moment, yes. Elite? No.

And that's always been the problem for Mexico...they can get out if their group at the World Cup, but you shouldn't expect then to actually win a game in the knockout round.
>>
do mexicans really believe they are elite cause they have players in meme leagues?

a defender can routinely score 20 goals in the eredivisie
>>
>>65211079
>a defender can routinely score 20 goals in the eredivisie?

What does this have to do with Mexican players?
>>
>>65210201
>England that high
For gods sake man Wales have a better national team
>>
>>65211331

can this Wales meme please end
>>
>>65211795
one point
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 500x281px
>>65208737
>>
>>65212414
netherlands are top 15 bae dont worry youll be back stronger than ever
>>
>>65208189
>getting to the world cup by beating some meme team from some shit country
>couldn't even get to quarter finals last world cup
>actually believe they're the best in concacaf
Mexicunts are the most deluded fans in all of soccer, it's not even close
>>
manlets, thats why
>>
>>65212507
what is spain.
we are JUST mediocre shit at it.
>>
>>65212468
th-thanks
>>
>>65212488
they literally never learn. i guess that's why they spend all their lives cleaning shit
>>
>>65212519
spain has the two richest clubs in the world and by far the world's best academy

stop comparing yourself to real countries, you're just some third world shithole senpai
>>
>>65212530
one point.
the caliphate of Bongland.
>>
>>65212542
this 2bh fäm
>>
>>65210201
The thing about England is, if they weren't English they'd be a top 5 nation in the world.

It's a shame their Englishness ruins them, because they'd be one hell of a team to watch.
Italy, Ukraine, Portugal, and Austria ranked too high,although not by much.
>>
>>65212542
>spain has the two richest clubs in the world and by far the world's best academy
im not disputing it, im saying height isnt the reason.
>>
>>65212542
So why are you up this early, anon?
>>
>>65210304
>I think he makes a better technical director than a coach
I see this idea spouted from time to time and I'm very curious as to what one bases this statement on?

I've been a youth soccer coach in one of the best soccer talent producing cities without an MLS team and can say, without any hint of doubt, that Klinnsman has had absolutely no effect (positively or negatively) on the development of the youth in my city.
>>
>>65212547
>using cultural memes in a sports argument
>bashing other countries when yours in ruled by cartels and corrupt politicians
Go back to school Juan, you're making a fool of yourself
>>
This is Mexico's best chance of getting past round of 16 since ever.

They have top in form striker
An up and coming potential class player
A team made up of non-domestic players.
and a pretty good bench.
Don't remember mexico having so many potential desu
>>
>>65212811
>They have top in form striker
Huntelaar is pretty GOAT
>An up and coming potential class player
Literally our whole team is filled with kids like this
>A team made up of non-domestic players
Mostly
>and a pretty good bench.
if by "good" you mean more kids with lots of potential, then yes

And we couldn't even make it to yuro 2016.
>>
>>65212941
Literally your only valuable player in the qualifiers was robben, and de gay after that. I love hunter but he is old.
>>
probably cause we lack discipline, we have the talent and balls maybe, but we are easily intimidated, and kinda shitty under pressure, i believe we could've easily won that match against Argentina not so long ago but at the last minutes we let em go with a tie. We rarely win at stuff so we don't know wth to do when we have the upperhand.
>>
>>65210337
dont know if you were alive ten years ago

but we were saying this ten years ago

no one panned out.
>>
>>65212941
Hunterlard and rvp are old.
>>
SÍ ERA PENAL
>>
>>65213152

please stop

it still hurts
>>
>>65213811
>it still hurts
>that flag

Why does it hurt? You're not Mexican.
>>
>>65208852
>Becuz Messie is not a manlet
>niggers
>>
>>65213867

>american flag
>not mexican

it's 50/50
>>
>>65214125
>being this new
I remember us all agreeing that it's 10/90 in a football thread and 90/10 in an American football thread.
>>
>>65210110
Hasn't played too bad under new coach desu senpai.
>>
>>65210110
Plumber here
Poland is a bit overrated here but I think Nawalka made a good job of making Poland a top 20 side, the natural state. We have some quality but no depth outside of GKs and attack. Our main problem is that our defence is Swiss cheese because we really don't have good players there apart from Glik.
The big successes of Nawalka are restoring squad morale after 6 years of being absolutely shit and the grooming of Milik to create a quality duo with Lewa. Our attacking prowess was shown clearly in Georgia where we beat them 4-0 twice where others struggled. In between the GKs, Glik, Krycho, Milik and Lewa we have the foundations of a good team. If Grosicki had any finishing at all we'd have a great team. Blaszczykowski is past his prime, good to have but too injury prone. I'm hopeful for WC 2018 because we have a lot of promising youth (something Nawalka focuses on) and Krycho/Lewa will still be fine age-wise.
>>
>>65214475
What about Milik? Will he travel to the Euros as well?
>>
>>65214505
Definitely because he's our second best goal-scorer after Lewa and feeds him consistently. Dunno how long Ajax will keep him, still really young at 21.
>>
>>65214475
implying Glik isnt enough
>>
>>65208189
>mfw i created a list of the best national teams in my head and mexico was precisely 12th

r u a wizard op
>>
File: layun.jpg (44KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
layun.jpg
44KB, 620x413px
U forgot the GOAT
>>
I will laugh at all these posts rating portugal as one of the worst national team when we win euro 2016
>>
>>65216110
why is he so perfect?
>>
>>65216138
Your wet dreams are irrelevant to this thread.
>>
>>65216138
>Portugal winning something
>>
>>65208189
mexicans are all fat slow and lazy
>>
>>65212542
England has the richest league, and still manages to be utter shit
>>
>>65217132
>btfo'd by amerifat
What a time to be alive.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.