[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fix the Steelers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: omar.png (70KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
omar.png
70KB, 1200x1200px
Seriously, how do we fix it bros? I feel that a massive implosion is on the horizon and it'll be worse than the 2011 Colts. I know there's something really off with the current state of the team. An important piece is missing.
>>
Defensive backs, special teams consistency.
>>
>>65083470
Coaching has been abysmal at best
>>
>>65083456
They were one fumble away from playing in the AFC Championship Game.
>>
Basically just the secondary. Healthy Ben and Bell would be nice. Both lines could improve.
>>
Get a decent corner and a safety, fix the O-line, keep the team healthy and bam, 7th Heaven confirmed
>>
Bad drafting on defense is killingoing them
>>
This team is a secondary away from serious Owl contention. I've got them winning the AFCN and going to the AFCCG next year (subject to change after free agency/draft of course).

If their offense stays healthy they could average something crazy like 33 points. They're literally elite at every position there except for TE (and Heath Miller is no scrub either). The run defense is already top 10 and the pass rush is getting sacks. bottom 5 pass defense and injuries are the only things that are holding this team back
>>
Fix what? They were injured more than any other team that made the playoffs and made it to the divisional round. They'll be a powerhouse next year with all the main pieces staying in place. If you want to win some money, put it on the Steelers this offseason.

Also, I know it's just crying over spilled milk, but Peypey should have been ruled down on that feet first slide (which resulted in a 34 yard pass to Sanders). I honestly don't blame the refs, because the NFL is making it so fucking confusing for them these days with when to protect the QB and when to just let them play. Consider this though: if a Steelers player would have dove on Peyton while he was still on the ground, downing him in the process, you bet your ass they would have gotten a 15 yard penalty for tackling a player who already sacrificed himself down. Eh.
>>
They just need to kill burfict before he decimates the team again next season.
>>
>>65084142
>implying Burfict doesn't absorb the power from every cheap shot he receives
>>
>>65083814

Pretty much this sempai
>>
>>65083814
>fix the O-line

You mean the O-line that was still top 10 statistically despite losing All-Pro Pouncey and solid LT Beachum? They'll be fine. Villanueva's breakout performance makes Beachum expendable, which means they'll probably give Decastro a longterm contract. Literally the only questions moving into next season are free safety (Will Allen is getting too old) and corner, though even that was looking better once the team finally started playing Boykin.
>>
>>65083456
You have one more year until Le'veon is out of there, no chance in hell would your management have that much cap space invested into 3 guys. Next year is pretty much all the window you have left until Lev leaves, Ben retires and Antonio has to make due with a shit QB.
>>
>>65086559
0/10

>Ben retires
He just signed an extension through 2019.

>Lev leaves
Possibility, but Steelers find ways to keep these type of players, usually through vets restricting their contracts.

Steelers don't have windows of opportunity. We don't have losing seasons. The division is ours now that all the other 3 teams are shit. As long as we enter the playoffs with half our starters, we'll always be a threat.
>>
>>65086710
*restructuring contracts
>>
>>65086710
>The division is ours now that all the other 3 teams are shit.
Do Steeler fans actual believe this? I mean I know you beat the Bengals in the playoffs and everything but you cannot seriously think that the division is literally yours. I don't like the Bengals but even with their major free agency coming up, there's no chance that they can't win the division.
>>
move the team to toronto
>>
>>65086841
Yeah that part was b8 but the rest holds true. It'll be fun watching the Steelers and Bengals duke it out over the next few years.
>>
>>65086710
I wouldn't be so lax about your division m8. I mean the Browns are punching bags but Harbaugh is a good coach. The Bungles have proven to be good in the regular season but that shouldn't matter as long as you guys can keep getting wildcard berths. Firing Lewis could change their choking ways, but he's an excellent scout/recruiter and the owner himself has shown apathy to the current situation so who really knows what Lewis' future is with the team.
>>
>>65083752
Where they would be destroyed in, come on man....
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453162869532.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453162869532.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>
File: SmukGiraffe.png (164KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
SmukGiraffe.png
164KB, 500x505px
>>65086710
>The division is ours now that all the other 3 teams are shit
>>
>>65086841
The Bengals have major FA coming up, but major $ to pay them.
>>
Your window is closing and you're coming up on some rebuilding years. Just be glad you have some rings to show for shit.
>>
get at least 1 backup qb that isn't Romo-tier injury prone so Ben doesnt have to play at 25% all the time
>>
>>65086965
Hence why I said that there's no chance that they can't win it. Iloka, Marvin Jones, Pacman, and maybe even Reggie will get resigned. Even if they can't get back Reggie then they'll be fine with Shawn Williams.
>>
>>65083456
Fire Tomlin
>>
File: 1452047454594.jpg (13KB, 334x290px) Image search: [Google]
1452047454594.jpg
13KB, 334x290px
>>65086945
They would've had AB and D'Angelo back. They wouldn't have been favored, but don't act like it would be impossible
>>
>>65087038
>being this retarded
>>
File: 1452402308073.png (554KB, 607x612px) Image search: [Google]
1452402308073.png
554KB, 607x612px
>>65087038
>>65087060
>>
>>65087060
DO you seriously like Tomlin? He's a horrible coach, most steeler fans I know can't stand him either. Me personally I'm glad they are sticking with him, same with the Bengals sticking with Marvin Lewis.
>>
>>65087104
mike tomlin never went 5-11
>>
>>65087150
Mike Tomlin never had to start Jimmy Clausen at QB either. I'm amazed the Ravens won 5 games considering how butt fucked they got by injuries.
>>
>>65087104
Some people like stability.
>>
>>65087221
t. bengals fan
>>
>>65087104
anyone that thinks they should fire Tomlin is retarded

I've been hearing this way too much lately, and I'm guessing it's cause we haven't made an owl appearance since.. 09/10?

He didn't have a great team after Cowher left, and he was able to keep them competitive and an owl, and after that keep the team challenging for a playoff spot almost every year

Fuck people that say Tomlin should be fired
>>
File: DoubleTheChokingDoubleTheFun.jpg (8KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
DoubleTheChokingDoubleTheFun.jpg
8KB, 203x248px
>>65087315
Stop posting Mike
>>
>Pittsburgh

literally the most retarded city I've ever been to. Everyone drinks IC Light and is a fucking hill jack from West Virginia. What a fucking awful place.
>>
File: 1453263967195.jpg (50KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453263967195.jpg
50KB, 249x250px
>>65083456
The Steelers logo and uniforms are fucking ugly. Fuck this boring franchise desu senpai
>>
>>65087329
how many tomlins does pittsburgh need
>>
>>65083456
dont worry bud, youre in the same division as the browns so you'll never truly hit the bottom
>>
>>65083470
this
suisham is good but his replacements were lower than JUST tier
>>
>>65087038
tomlin is based. how many coaches would have the balls to throw a challenge flag to get a fumble when the player who dropped the ball is still ded on the field?
>>
I'm thinking Ben has maybe one good year left. Their defense has improved somewhat towards the end of this year so next year they should have a good team if they can avoid injuries.

>>65087381
I've visited there a few times and I enjoyed it, would definitely prefer it to NYC where I lived for a few years.
>>
>>65083456
fire Tomlin, hes a scrub who blows games and only had success with leftover talent from Cower.

How many times do you have to watch Harbaugh out coach him with an inferior team for it to sink in? You'll always be "missing something" if your coach is a hack.
>>
>>65086961
Hush

The refs have been abnormally fair over the course of the playoffs this year. The only iffy call was on Pacman Jones and the game was already over since the Steelers were within field goal range at that point.
>>
>>65089040
Harbaugh would have gone to the Super Bowl this year if his team hadn't all gotten injured. Is that even debatable at this point?
>>
Aside from getting a good CB or two, keeping a healthy team for once would be the a guaranteed owl. Every season for the past couple of years the steelers have been crippled. The talent is there, its just in the ER.
>>
Bengals are the better team and they've proven it for years now.

Steelers just come through in the clutch.

AFCN is a 2 horse race. Unfortunately Ben is old and breaking down. The Steelers window is closing fast.
>>
>>65087178
No, Mike Tomlin only had to start Landry Jones and a 50 year old Michael Vick for just as many games. Ravens were devastated with injuries this year, but Steelers were just behind them.
>>
What is wrong with the team? The only hole is the secondary and its a relatively deep draft for corners. The whole offense is in good shape, with everyone at full health, and the front 7 played very well on defense. Also Boswell kicked like 90% as a replacement this year. I see no problems.
>>
>>65089527
>le window b8

Enough. Ben is only 33 and has only missed 4 games the past 3 seasons. That's less than Flacco, and as many as Dalton.
>>
>>65090116
Also the past 2 years have been the best 2 years of his career
>>
>>65090150
Not to mention the rest of the offense is extremely young, apart from Miller (Jesse James looking like a good replacement). The only old starters on defense are Will Allen and James Harrison. I'm not autistic enough to do the math, but I'd bet the Steelers have one of the top 5 youngest teams in the league going into next season.

The only thing fucking up their next few years is the Cortez Allen contract.
>>
>>65090218
Cortez allen will be cut, saving them about 4 million bucks. Also wouldn't be surprised if heath was cut, although that would be a very unpopular decision, with Ben more than anyone.
>>
>>65090253
I read they only save $1.7M if he's cut, and that's not counting money that would go towards his replacement. After that they still only save something like $2.5M each year until his contract runs out.

I can definitely see the Steelers restructuring Heath's contract this offseason, giving him another year and cutting down his base salary for next season to help the team. I don't see them outright cutting him this year.
>>
Problem with the Steelers is that Bell is made out of glass and Ben is a drama queen. Injuries pretty much decide who wins the Owl and the Steelers will always have this problem due to their personnel.

(neutral Philly fan)
>>
>>65090304
Have you seen the hits that injured Bell both times? No RB would have functioning knees after those. It's not a coincidence it was the Bengals both times, the Bengals who concussed Brown, and the Bengals who almost kept out Ben from the 2nd round.
>>
>>65089481
Harbaugh is a top 3 coach in the NFL, it's a tribute to him that he won 5 games this year with the amount of injuries they suffered this year.

>>65089527
forgetting about the Ravens?

>>65090070
Steeler injuries don't compare to what the Ravens suffered. Vick and Landry were at least highly sought after prospects. Ravens were playing turds like washed up Schaub, Clausen and Mallet
>>
>>65090340
I remember a hit Bell took 2 years ago on the goal line where he got BTFO and concussed. It was a primetime game... forget who they were playing.

He's a great talent but he doesn't have the awareness to protect himself. Some guys just don't have that 6th sense. He won't last long in this league. Both hits vs the bungles were totally normal. He will be done in <2 more years
>>
>>65090150
>almost as many INTs as TDs this season
>>
>>65090379
Vick was signed a week before the season started. Steelers were the only team desperate enough to give him a call after Gradkowski became ded, and with Landry Jones the only other QB. And we saw why.

Jones is so bad that Vick jumped ahead of him without doing anything other than being Tomlin's nigga. I'm sure you saw his awesome performance when he had to come in for Ben in the playoff game against the Bengals.

I'd say the injury comparisons are not that far off.

>>65090388
That was against the Ravens. Game winning TD IIRC, and he was fine afterwards. Neither hit he took against the Bengals was normal. Last season he was airborn when the Bengals player took out his knee. Ben's fault mostly for leaving it up there. This year it was Burfict rolling over his leg after he was already down and out of bounds. You may be neutral, but I'm seeing a bias here.
>>
>>65090465
>but I'm seeing a bias here.

he was literally tackled to the ground in the Burfict hit. that was a routine tackle and he still got hurt. that's my point. great talent. injury prone.
>>
If they had put Vick in they would have beaten the Bruncos to be honest familia.
>>
>>65090509
lol
>>
>>65090485
I don't buy it. Both injuries were pretty flukey, and I have no problem admitting a guy like Lamarr Woodley was injury prone, or even Maurkice Pouncey. You actually believe he's out of the league in less than 2 years because of those two cases. lol
>>
>>65090562
flukey is never good for a rb
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.