[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peyton is 2-2 againts Tom in the playoffs. If he wins on Sunday,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 6

File: CY9y6bMWwAAiG_z.jpg (125KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CY9y6bMWwAAiG_z.jpg
125KB, 600x600px
Peyton is 2-2 againts Tom in the playoffs. If he wins on Sunday, does Peyton become the Goat, or atleast better than Tom?
>>
>>65038395
>or atleast better than Tom?
This implies Peyton would be the GOAT
>>
>>65038395
Is it a 2 person game where they play both sides of the ball?
>>
>>65038395

no. Honestly even winning the SB this year wouldn't do it.

It's interesting because before last season, it seemed like more people would have put Peyton ahead of Brady despite the disparity in owls, but as soon as Brady won last year he immediately became the indisputable GOAT.
>>
>>65038428
Even Michael Irvin thinks the guy is a has-been. Personally I think he's a never-been, but that's just me.
>>
Flacco cracks me up. It's like where the fuck did he come from?
>>
>>65038487
>more people would have put Peyton ahead of Brady

What the fuck universe are you living in? Brady has been the heavy favorite for years now, there just stopped being an argument for Peyton after last season.
>>
>>65038395
what is this picture showing?
>>
>>65039070
QBs that won the AFC Championship
>>
>>65038395
Head to head iss too much in Brady's favor. Peyton beat the bears in one owl and was raped in his other.
>>
>>65038395
Peyton losing the bowl in such terrible fashion in 2013 has pretty much cemented his reputation as a playoff choker. He would have to win this superbowl and repeat next year as an MVP candidate in order to supplant or even be considered an equal to Brady.
>>
Brady is only the favorite on /sp/, most people put Peyton above Brady, a lot don't list either as GOAT
>>
>>65039115
>>65039115
This confused the fuck out of me
>>
>>65039260
maybe in 2006. Not anymore. Majority of objective football fans will tell you that Brady > Peyton
>>
Peyton is irrelevant. His autistic brother has accomplished more. He has as many rings as Joe Flaccid. He took steroids and still had a wet noodle arm.
>>
>>65039320
But he's a good leader and boosts team morale.
>>
>>65039260
>you will never be this deluded

It's like being on LSD 24/7
>>
>>65039344
>sulks and shakes his head every failed third down

Yeah that's a real boost
>>
>>65038487
>as soon as Brady won last year he immediately became the indisputable GOAT
cute 66.6% super bowl record you have tom just to get ****
>>
>>65039387
>post asterisks
>posts Montana

Oh the ironing
>>
>>65039380
The team notices how hard he is on himself and aims to work better because of it
>>
Better question:

>If PeyPey wins the Owl this year, does he go to Canton a Bronco or Colt?
>>
>>65039415
LOL

for real though the denver offense is one of the softest offenses in the league. They get hit hard and they start to quit. You can see it in peyton's face and you can see it in JT's body language.
>>
>>65039438
I don't think it really matters when he's reading Eli's commencement speech
>>
>>65039438
I seriously doubt peyton would go to the HoF for a team who's fans have booed him off the field multiple times.
>>
>>65039344
He's the exact opposite actually
>>
>>65039415
keep baiting XD
>>
I'm a Broncos fan, always been because we had an exchange student for two years from Denver.
Manning is washed up. He was never the GOAT, and he certainly will never be the GOAT.
>>
>>65038395
Not really. The 2-2 record is mostly reflective of who had home field.

And Brady is always deep in the playoffs. This is his 10th AFCCG. Whenever Manning makes it past the divisional round, you know he's on a monster team.
>>
>>65039459
That's why the team plays so much better when that second string garbage boy is throwing? Oh wait.
>>
>>65039661
Yes, they do. This is 2/20 baiting/trolling by the way, Archie.
>>
>>65039693
>improper fractions

Into the gas chamber you go.
>>
>>65039458
This.

Irsay being an ass aside, Peyton's a Colt
>>
>>65039785
>Improper fractions
that's not improper dumbass it's just not simplified
>>
>>65039859
>B-but we still love Peyton

Lel nah. Enjoy your one kidney'd autism dragon.
>>
File: nfc-qbs.jpg (203KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
nfc-qbs.jpg
203KB, 600x604px
>>65038395

Man the AFC really is pretty boring. Made a (crappy) NFC version for comparison.
>>
>>65039900
yep, 4chan memeing sure proved me wrong!
>>
>>65040229
>all those meme quarterbacks for the NFC
What a cuck of a conference
>>
>Home team winning the most homebabby "rivalry"
It won't even really be news.
>>
>>65040229
AFC is being taken for granted how many GOAT there are. NFC is just a bunch of memes and literally whos the last few decades.
>>
>that fucking Flacco
>>
>>65040229
>all this memery
I'd rather see Brady in the Owl every year than all those memes
>>
>>65039260
Brady isn't even the favorite on sp, he's just easy to make chiefs tier numbers of shitposts about because he has the best surrounding situation ever and people can pretend to think it's an individual game.
>>
>>65039900
Peyton is still adored in Indianapolis. We still have the Peyton Manning children's hospital after all, and I think literally everyone is pulling for him to win another Owl and especially beat Brady. It's not like he left, he was forced out by a drugged out drunk slob.
>>
>>65040229
If it wasn't for Rodgers pulling his hammy last year and Capers going full Capers and chocking the win to the Seahawks I fully believe the Packers would have beaten the Patriots in the Super Bowl if Rodgers came out healthy the week before the Super Bowl.

Also if the Packers would have won the coin toss in OT last year they probably would have won. Same with this year.
>>
>>65040414
>he has the best surrounding situation ever
The fuck? His o-line, run game, and receiving corps has been average at best his entire career
>>
>>65040354
seriously this. We have multiple HoF and generational talents in the AFC that are absolutely dominant, and yet all these fucks cry is 'wah wahh its boring'. It is going to be a very long time before to see such high level QB play and dominance from multiple teams like we have for the past 10-15 years. With college football trending the way it is, it seems that the NFL in 10 years is going to be maybe 1 or 2 decent quarterbacks in the whole league and a bunch of meme QB shit like the NFC has been for the past decade. I'd love to hear from those people bitching about how QBs are too good now when that happens.
>>
>>65040496
I overstated but the best in post salary cap history. It's pretty downs to claim his receiving corps is average when beli constantly pulls hall of famers out of his ass. Best coaches. Great defense and balanced offense for each of his super bowl winning seasons.
>>
>>65040496
recievers and run yes very average with the exception of 1 or 2 players, but O-line fuck no. Until recently when Mankins was traded, Brady has had one of the best and most consistent O-lines in the NFL for almost his whole career.
>>
>>65040553
it's because they cheat anon
>>
>>65040553
>Constantly pulls hall of famers out of his ass
Gronk is the only future HoFer Brady has thrown to, unless you count a well past his prime Randy Moss for 2 seasons.
>>
>>65040553
debateable whether welker is HoF, Moss is obviously first round, but he was only with Brady for 2 seasons, and by the 2nd season w/ him he was pretty much done. Gronk (when he's healthy) is the only surefire HoF lock Brady has had for multiple seasons as a receiver. Look at some of the WRs that other great QBs have had around them throughout their careers. I'd say it is more than fair to say that Brady has had a pretty average WR core for his career.
>>
>>65040578
that too. but basically brady just game manages his way to super bowls during seasons where everything else is great. he only looks elite when he has historic levels of offensive talent running up the score against shit teams
>>
File: salt.jpg (37KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
37KB, 460x276px
>>65040578
>>65040608
>>
>>65040608
>brady just game manages his way to super bowls during seasons where everything else is great.
Last year, their O-line was crappy and they literally had no running game
>>
>>65040229
time to complete the panther circle
>>
>>65040628
how is calling them cheaters a salty statement? they've been caught cheating before, right? correct me if i'm wrong, of course.
>>
>>65040653
Because we both know it has nothing to do with their success. Just like any other NFL team that has cheated.
>>
>>65040229
Rodgers really should've played in more owls by now

he is supposed to be the NFC's answer to the other 3
>>
>>65040675
Its true. It isn't all his fault, but at least part of the blame is on him, particularly in the last 2 seasons. He does nothing with the offense for 55 minutes of the game and then has to try to pull a huge comeback out of his ass both times. If he played better throughout the whole game he and his team wouldn't be put into those situations.
>>
>>65040669
but isn't that just it? if it had nothing to do with their success, why the fuck are they doing it? why were they filming practices? why were they slightly deflating balls in a game they absolutely destroyed in?

i'm not convinced that the only two times they were caught are the only times they've ever cheated. if they're cheating to get SLIGHT advantages like that (high risk, low reward), i'm absolutely certain there's a lot more shit they're doing in the background. those small advantages add up, anon.
>>
>>65040710
>why were they filming practices?
no proof (if you mean spygate, then you simply have no idea what spygate is)

>why were they slightly deflating balls in a game they absolutely destroyed in?
no proof
>>
>>65040732
>no proof
>no proof

lmao you're fucking delusional. it's okay. keep shouting it down like it's not real. every one of brady's rings have asterisks on them.
>>
>>65040710
Balls weren't deflated. It has been proved time and again. They never filmed any practices, the statement has been retracted and ESPN apologized on live television for saying they did.

The only 'cheating' they have ever been objectively proved of doing and have admitted to is filming in the wrong location during a live broadcasted game (a rule that was only made just that year, and the action of doing it in years past was totally legal). There are teams that have been found cheating in much more flagrant manners. Just last season as the same time as the deflategate drama, the Browns and Falcons were caught and proved to have been cheating. (falcons pumping in crowd noise, browns sending texts down to the field from the box)

If you want to believe that the Patriots are big fat cheaters that only win because they do things like (not) deflating footballs or (not) filming practices, then there is no way to convince you otherwise. But if you want to objectively look at evidence then you'll see that there is very little they have ever done outside of the rules of the game that other teams haven't already done and in some case done much worse. So really. Nah, it doesn't have anything to do with their successes or failures, just like any other team.
>>
>>65040694
To be fair last year his team was in amazing place to win the game. He did what he needed to do, put up some points against a good defense that was playing at home... and then his defense and special teams blew it and he never got the chance to get the ball in OT.

As for this year I have no idea what the fuck was going on half the time.
>>
>>65040675
i think drew brees should have been there too, but his team has been too shitty and there's merit to him being a dome-babby
>>
>>65040779
The seahawks had 5 turnovers and the GB offense put up a total of 19 points or some shit like that by the end of the 4th quarter. They needed to be up 30+ like the panthers were against them this year if the Seahawks are gonna give it away 5 times.
>>
>>65040747
NFL spent millions of dollars during a 4 month long investigation to prove it and the most they were able to squeeze out of it was "more probable than not that he was generally aware of" and even that got shot own a hundred times before a federal judge laughed it out of the court

and the only "proof" of taping practices is an asshurt ex Panthers GM and an article that the paper later apologised for
>>
>>65040776
>guys we're just REALLY unlucky that's why we kept on getting accused of cheating
>guys we accidentally cheated that one time we were actually caught for it
>guys none of our rings of asterisks

lel i've heard it all before you fucking shill. your team cheats like crazy. only delusional pats fans don't think they cheat all the damned time.
>>
>>65040810
There it is. 3/10 troll.
>>
>>65040797
>even admits that it was more probable than not
>still siding with the pats

bruh you're found guilty or not guilty. you're not found innocent. you're delusional if you think that those balls weren't deflated looking at the facts. they just couldn't prove it IN A COURT OF LAW (beyond a reasonable doubt)

>butthurt panthers gm

wow it seems like a lot of people are butthurt about the pats considering they're accused of cheating every damned season!
>>
>>65038395

Peyton is better than Brady regardless, you have to be pants on head retarded to think otherwise
>>
>>65040836
>I dont want facts to get in the way of my closed minded opinions.
>>
>>65040836
No, I admitted that even a biased, paid off investigation wasn't able to prove it before getting shot down a million times

>it seems like a lot of people are butthurt about the pats
This is 100% correct
>>
Any other Patriots fans confused as to why everyone thinks we're guaranteed to make SB50?

I'm nervous as fuck. Yeah they're a healthier team, but so is Denver. They got beat by a backup quarterback even though Brady threw for 3 touchdowns and almost 300 yards.
>>
>>65040856
yeah, like the fact that they've been accused a ton of different times about cheating. very close minded of me to not take that with a grain of salt.

you pat fags are so delusional top fucking lel

>>65040859
i'd be pretty butthurt too if a team was cheating all the damned time and was getting away with it
>>
B-bump
>>
>>65040892
Pats got refballed hard in the regular season vs. Denver. The Patriots offense seems to be working again, and having collins for the whole game (barring injury) will make a huge difference in shutting down the denver run. That said, any time the pats have to play in Denver i'm worried. I'm hoping the frustration of how they lost that game will fuel them to play lights out on sunday and not give the refs a chance to fuck them twice.
>>
>>65040898
guilty until proven innocent. I love america.

>accused multiple times
yes
>convicted and proved with actual evidence multiple times
no
>>
Brady is 2-7 in Denver
>>
>>65040914
the pats are going to win handily. i don't see any way they lose
>>
>>65040914
Who's the ref squad gonna be? It's not that faggot Corrente's team again is it?
>>
>>65040927
3-7 after sunday
>>
>>65040892
It's not about simply missing player's production. Edelman and Amendola literally make this a different offense
>>
>>65040927
He's 2-6 bruh. 2-4 in the regular season and 0-2 in the post.

Where is everyone getting these records from? Yesterday someone said he was 2-9 in Denver.
>>
>>65040931
If it is a one possession game with 3 minutes left, just wait and see how many OPI's the refs will call on gronk.
>>
>>65040951
I wholeheartedly believe the Patriots would've won if Harper didn't muff that punt. Having those manlets back on special teams will be great. Amendola is the GOAT fair catch caller
>>
>>65040992
Are any other pats fans dissapointed with how Amendola turned out? When he was on the rams he looked like the next Welker, then when he came to the Pats he got that hip/groin injury and never had the same explosiveness.
>>
>>65041014
Of course, but he really came through in last year's play offs
>>
>>65039387
>Made it to 6
>Made it to 4
>Obviously the 4 is better
Only retards still use this as an argument.
>>
>>65041014
He was supposedly the next Welker which is why he was signed. But it turned out we had an even better slot receiver already in Foxborough. Edelman is miles better than Welker ever was. I'm not disappointed in Amendola. He came up clutch last postseason and stepped up this season when everyone else was dead. Plus he's an above average KR. Sucks that this offseason he's going to be asked to take another pay cut or get released. He's a quality WR4
>>
File: 1361689559917.gif (2MB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
1361689559917.gif
2MB, 189x189px
>>65039504
>This is his 10th AFCCG
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>65041210
its too soon/wrong to say that edelman is miles better than welker ever was. Welker was flat out undeniable from 2007-2012. Everyone in the building and everyone watching at home knew it was going to Welker and he got open and caught it anyway. He had some absolute heart breaker drops when it mattered most in the playoffs though. Edelman making big catches in big games is really the only thing he is undeniably better than Welker at.
>>
>>65040914
Did you watch both games? NE was on fire vs. KC; that game wasn't as close as the score would suggest. Denver, on the other hand looked like shit. There's absolutely no question who is the better team. People make too big of a deal about home field
>>
>>65041297
I watched both. NE looked strong but not invincible. They had multiple opportunities to put KC away for good and instead give up huge 3rd downs over and over. They can't afford to do that against Denver because the refs can and will fuck them over on a crucial drive if the last time they played in Denver is any indication. Home field or not, Brady & Belichick's teams have historically lost more a good deal more than they have won in Denver, particularly in the playoffs. I think there is good reason to be wary. Not doubtful but wary.
>>
File: 1441411899669.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1441411899669.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
>>65040747
>>
>>65041352
Fucking this. New England's defense is insufferable to watch on 3rd/4th down. If they can't get the fuck off the field then this game is over
>>
>>65041352
Fair enough. I'm rooting for Denver desu cause I want to play them in the owl, but I think it'll be a clean NE win. The defense seemed to be struggling mostly with Smith's meme scramble plays and Peyton won't be doing that. Anderson destroyed NE during the regular season so we'll see how much of a difference the linebackers make. If he isn't getting 7.5ypc they'll be able to hold Denver to a couple of touchdowns at best
>>
>>65041252
I'll easily take big catches in big games over extra 150 yards in the regular season.

Bottom line is, Patriots win the 2011 Super Bowl with Edelman instead of Welker and lose the 2014 one with Welker instead of Edelman.
>>
>>65041464
on edelman welker, edelman has not surpassed welker yet, but I agree with the point made about edelman being clutch as hell, whereas welker wasn't, but that drop overshadows that welker was the best slot reciever in the league for a period between about 2007-10/11, and it wasn't even close. So good at the 3rd and 4-6 yards, and good at making guys miss. If edelman keeps this up though, and continues his clutchness, I believe that a few seasons from now, he will surpass welker.
>>
>>65041403
Hightower is an elite run stuffer. The Broncos won't do as well on the ground this time around
>>
>>65041499
I agree with this statement, in my opinion, the key here, is whether or not the offensive line of the pats will hold. If Brady has more than 1.5 seconds to get rid of the ball, he will beat you. If vonn miller and demarcus ware are on him all day, expect a few bad throws leading to some pick sixes the broncos will need to win.
>>
>>65041499
Hightower is one of the most underrated LBs in the NFL. He is fantastic, however he has had injury issues all season and i'm worried about him having to leave the game again and force Freeney or Flemming or whoever the fuck else is on the bench behind him to take up the responsibility of shutting down the broncos run game.
>>
>>65041518
Hightower should be fine, he played something like 76/88 snaps vs the Chiefs and looked good. I'm more worried about Collins

>tfw two top 10 LBs
>tfw they barely play together because of injuries
>>
>>65039380
Brady is cool though
>shakes arms at the refs like a girl because he knows that if he didnt succeed certainly something illegal happened
Ironical desu
>>
>>65041537
Having Collins for the full game would definitely be huge, but remember earlier in the year Collins didn't even play and the Patriots shut down the Broncos with ease until Hightower went down too. Collins might be the better LB of the two, but Hightower is more important to the defense working as a cohesive and effective unit.
>>
>>65040898
holy shit stop embarrassing yourself
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.