[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the best defensive midfielder in the world? He is very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: yaya.jpg (7KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
yaya.jpg
7KB, 290x174px
Is he the best defensive midfielder in the world?
He is very strong in the defence and good finisher in attack
>>
>>64926773
No, Busquets is better
Yaya isn't a defensive midfielder. He is a box-to-box midfielder
>>
Ayay
>>
>>64926773
>yaya
>good defensively

He's a lazy nigger
>>
>>64926773
Literally replaced for Busquets by Pep and they accused Pep of sabotaging Barcelona at the time
>>
>If you don't acknowledge that I am one of the best players, you are racist
>>
Landon Donovan is
>>
no
even Vidal is better
>>
>le slow as fuck birthday cake man
>>
>>64926773
>Is he the best defensive midfielder in the world?
No, the guy who replaced him at Barca is the best defensive midfielder of all-time. You daft son?
>>
>>64926835
reminder real life isnt football manager, players dont think of themselves in those very specific play styles
>>
>>64926929
Not even the best at his club lad
>>
>>64926773
not even the best at his club m8
>>
>>64926963
>I am a better judge of players than FIFA world coach of the year Luis Enrique
OK.
>>
>>64926988
Mascherano is a better defensive mid and he proved that at the WC
>>
>>64926896
>they accused pep of sabotaging Barcelona at the time
poor pep
>>
>>64927004
>and he proved that at the WC
You mean a defender looked good in a highly defensive system?
>>
>>64927004
>player A is better than player B because he played better in 5 World Cup games
And I think you're forgetting that Busquets won the World Cup and was excellent throughout that tournament
>>
>>64926988
Masch would be playing there if they bothered to buy a centre half

Busquets would probably move a bit further forward
>>
>yaya
>defensive midfielder
he hasn't been a real DM since his Barcelona days and nowadays he's not even good defensively
>>
>Yaya
>DM

good joke
>>
>>64927004
What Mascherano proved at the WC is that he is an effective last man back defender. You know, what he does for Barca while playing centerback. Yeah.
Have you actually watched several games of Barca playing with both Masch and Biscuits at DM? If so, you'd notice that Barca's passing game generally looks like fucking shit whenever Biscuits isn't at DM, no matter who is in his place.
>>
>>64927004
Than Busquets?
No, they've tried that at Barcelona in the past and no.
>>
He's not a defensive midfielder

He's a flaky temperamental Spanish playmaker in the body of a massive black man
>>
>>64926843
This.
>>
>>64927037
Literally confirmed for not watching Barcelona. They never look good with Masch at DM and Busquets further forward
>>
>>64927053
Against world class opponents its really noticeable when busquets isn't there, crazy how important he is to their stability
>>
>>64927037
>Masch would be playing there if they bothered to buy a centre half
The list of CBs who could replace Masch in Barca's system is very short. Masch is far from the perfect CB, but he's close to the perfect partner for Pique: he's got the passing skills necessary for Barca and he's got the last man back, goal-saving tackle skills necessary to play alongside Pique, a defender who is at his most effective when he's allowed to be defensively aggressive high up the pitch with a Puyol/Masch behind him to clean up his occasional mistakes.
>>
>>64926921
>>
His name is Gnégnéri.
>>
>>64927081
Biscuits starts attacks out of the back better than anyone else and he shuts down opposing counterattacks through solid defensive positioning better than anyone else. The two most important players to Barca's recent success, outside of Messi, are:
- Suarez, because his introduction to the team added an aerial longball threat which can counter midfield pressing, a serious weakness of Barca's before he came;
- Busquets
Yes, that's correct. Busquets is more important to Barca than Neymar. Barca will generally suffer more with Busquets not in the lineup than they will with Neymar not in the lineup. Really.
>>
>>64926948
Eh, he's got a point though. He is comfortable in either a defensive or attacking role, and does play box to box. Lucas Levia would a better example of a DM, he is rarely in the oppositions box or even the final third. I don't watch City too much, but when I have Yaya has literally been "Box to Box"
>>
At this point Rakitic and maybe even Sergi Roberto are better box to box midfielders for Barca than Yaya would be.
>>
literally matic is better as a dm
>>
Elneny is.
>>
Wenger goes on about why Mascherano is still at Barça
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OVVvltIgiIw
19:15
>>
Hasn't been a defender since his Barcelona days. I shouldn't be having to school a European on this.
>>
>>64926948
maybe they don't think of themselves like that but they do fulfill a role, assigned by the manager, which mostly fits into the description of a "box to box midfielder" or a "defensive midfielder"
>>
File: 482913302.jpg (306KB, 1024x675px) Image search: [Google]
482913302.jpg
306KB, 1024x675px
ITT: Fools
>>
>people STILL not realising what a brilliant player Sergio Busquets is
We're making progress lads but it's obviously not enough. We have to keep spreading Busquets awareness
>>
>He is very strong in the defence

Top kek
>>
>>64927359
This. Messi is basically a Busquetsbabby.
>>
File: 1452880280774.jpg (147KB, 634x716px) Image search: [Google]
1452880280774.jpg
147KB, 634x716px
Reminder that Mascherano tore his anus when he slid and stopped Le Cut Inside Man when has he was thru on goal. He continued playing with a torn ass.
>>
>>64927359
Allways hear this, but i don't watch barca much and don't get it, why is busquets brilliant player?
>>
>>64927359
Busquets is the best defensive midfielder of all time. Touch, awareness, skill, but most importantly, the audacity of his choice of pass is insane. Makes passes you're taught not to attempt as a child.
>>
>>64927415

Technically perfect with great reading of the game and discipline.
>>
>>64927415
It's going to sound very simple but he's pretty much perfect positionally and barely ever makes serious mistakes. He's also a great passer for a DM and is essential for overcoming pressing in midfield. That's the biggest issue with Mascherano at DM at Barcelona, he doesn't have the awareness to play those quick passing triangles and pass through pressing while Busquets can seem Xavi-like at times
>>
>>64927415
Too intelligent for this sport
>>
>>64927415
You better start watching Barca now. When your child asks you in the future Dad did you see Hilalovic play when he was at his peak? What are you going to tell him.
>>
>>64927415
>not watching Barcelona
you have a chance to witness one of the greatest club sides of all time with the GOAT attacking trio. If you're not watching Barcelona play then you're not a fan of football, just a fan of the team you support
>>
File: rooney.jpg (156KB, 1345x239px) Image search: [Google]
rooney.jpg
156KB, 1345x239px
>>64927518
>sonny, Halilovic was a hardworking croat lad with good legs, but your daddy is not impressed. No, because your daddy lived in the age of RPPNEY.
>>
>>64927540
Fuck off cancer
>>
>>64927555
>not being able to get over petty hatred to enjoy some of the greatest football we've seen
that's exactly what I'm talking about
>>
>>64927555
You don't have to be a fan but missing out on history really is stupid, drunk paddy
>>
>preaching barca fags

Not even once
>>
While he can, and has, played defensive midfield, that's not his regular nor best position.
>>
>>64927600
You're the Irishman that's supports manure right?
>>
>>64926773
>He is very strong in the defence

I can't distinguish bait and ignorance on here any more.
>>
>that britanistani who CONSTANTLY sucks barça off
>>
>>64927678
t. Arab Madrid faggot
>>
>>64927667

There can't be anyone who's watched football in the past year that could be that ignorant. It's definitely bait.
>>
>>64927705
I hate madrid but that brit is always raving about barcelona and it's starting to become irritating
>>
>>64926773
This guy barely even defends anymore.
>>
>>64927743
Of course he raves, he has eyes
>>
>>64927004
Mascherano is a pitbull. Busquets makes up for his lack of pace and power with positioning and vision.
>>
>>64927743
>that brit
There are like 3-5 of us in every Barca game thread.

Also >>64927758
>>
>>64927415
He was the true system babby for the 2008-2012 period, everyone sucked his dick because at those times anything coming with Barca and playing 1-touch must be the best thing ever.

Sucked fucking ass from mid-2012 until 2015, and currently he's reinventing himself to -actually- become everything people have been saying about him since 2009.
People who don't watch/watched Barca dismissed him, people who shallowly watched a lot of Barca thought he was the second coming and somehow a prodigy, people who really understood that Barca team knew why he was a starter and could see his limited ability.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.