[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 17

File: Vegas Called.jpg (69KB, 1078x602px) Image search: [Google]
Vegas Called.jpg
69KB, 1078x602px
Is the NFL rigged?
>>
every sport is lad
>>
if you haven't figured it out by now, anon.... just go with it.
>>
Doubtful.

It would have leaked by now. The players in this league are way too dumb to not have let it slip.
>>
File: 1452114113875.jpg (94KB, 522x559px) Image search: [Google]
1452114113875.jpg
94KB, 522x559px
If Al Davis won superbowls while being as bad as Ty Cobb, no, i don't think so, or it's something a bit new.
>>
We won't get a clear cut answer in this thread because nobody has any evidence, so here's a better question...

Did the cold actually have a major impact on the game?
>>
>>64834426
>implying the fix would ever get down to that level

lel... there are a multitude of other ways to influence a game without relying on the actual players, anon. wake up
>>
File: lakynn.jpg (295KB, 1600x1125px) Image search: [Google]
lakynn.jpg
295KB, 1600x1125px
There isn't a multi-billion dollar enterprise on earth that leaves its success to chance.

The NFL is no exception. People should stop pretending the NFL is the ONE three-comma corporation in the US that doesn't do everything legal (and sometimes illegal) to ensure maximum profits.
>>
The fix was in week 12, you were just too blind to see it
>>
>>64834471
Southerners shouldn't allowed to reproduce. I don't know how she is a southerner but it's the only logical explanation.
>>
>>64834495
It has spread from Mormons in Utah to white trash trailer park teen mothers everywhere
>>
>>64834415
Wrong Vikings game to imply it was fixed. If anything, I would assume based on lines and what vegas wanted that the Vikings would be the team they would try to have win (general public pounded Seahawks -6 and pros pounded Vikings).

If you are going to imply the Vikings were cheated out of a win by some fixed game, you should probably refer to the bountygate game.
>>
>>64834415
my wife's son was heartbroken when it happened. he thinks so.
>>
>>64834520
you're just scared of a pretty young strong pregnant female emasculating you.
>>
It's a bit sketchy, but after rewatching the kick multiple times, Sherman is really diving from the right. I think Walsh wanted to avoid it and just veered off left too hard to the left.

The cold also probably played a role.
>>
idk why they would rig it when people will watch it regardless. I mean why would they have chicken parm get BTFO in a superbowl?

And that also implies that Wilson intentionally threw a pick which implies he has the skill to throw a pass this accurately
>>
No. The Broncos would have beat the Seahawks at SB48 if it was.
>>
Serious answer

Yes
>>
>>64834532
I've often reccomended to people not to get too strong of a bro bond with any one person because the innevitable heartbreak that comes with losing a best friend through marriage is litterally more depressing than any breakup can ever be.
>>
The NFL is rigged and the Seahawks/Pats Owl was supposed to be the "legend killer" final nail in the coffin for the Patriots dynasty and the jumpstart for the Hawks dynasty, but no one told Malcolm Butler and he ruined everything. Roger Goodell was so furious he assumed Tommy B masterminded the scheme and used Deflategate as a way to get back at him.
>>
File: nfl_bounty_cartoon.gif (172KB, 750x486px) Image search: [Google]
nfl_bounty_cartoon.gif
172KB, 750x486px
brb
>>
>>64834578

Broncos will win the rematch in SB50 and Peyton will ride of into the sunset, just as Goodell planned all along.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452463833091.jpg (73KB, 1080x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452463833091.jpg
73KB, 1080x540px
What people don't understand is that the rigging is selectively done. There's only a few times a game where they try to slant the gamex and that's more so usually to give boring games an exciting finish or moment to keep them in the news and popular culture than to actually effect the outcome.

Because of this, the predetermined desire that the rigging has doesn't always go as planned.
Other times it does.

Also, there's a good chance none of the players are in on it. So for example, Walsh's kick was probably just a bad kick.
Last year at the owl however, while I don't think Wilson was TRYING to throw an int, I do believe the powers that be dictated that the play be a throw simply because the chance of a turn over was much higher with one happening.
>>
Have you ever seen a worse field goal attempt?

I'm not a huge NFL fan but I watch a lot of soccer and even pro soccer players miss penalty kicks which are easier than a field goal

but seriously, that wasn't even close. He shanked it HARD, like he kicked it really really hard the completely wrong way

seems pretty intentional to me desu senpai
>>
>>64834645
Pretty much everyone acknowledges that the decision to throw the ball last year was part of Paul Allen's scheme to turn the team into a Wilson-centric QB offense and get away from Lynch/Sherman being the faces of the team due to their poor media fiascos and the fact that having a QB as the center of your success story is always easy for marketing.
>>
Influenced by the refs, sure, but outright rigged, no.

People don't notice as much when a call changes the outcome with the spread, or pushes a game just north of the o/u. This is where it comes into play, not outright win loss.
>>
>>64834673
Probably the second best defender after Watt was dive bombing from the right. He shanked it too far left because he thought it was going to get blocked.
>>
Not as rigged as the NBA, but teams do get some calls in their favor at times.
>>
>>64834689
And it gave them a third play to work with against the clock, and the best chance to win the game.

Oh but your thing sounds good too
>>
The replay era really actually does more to keep it from being rigged than to help rig it seeing as everyone can see bad calls.
>>
>>64834721
>Oh but your thing sounds good too
They had 40 seconds and 2 time outs.
If they wanted more clock time, they didn't need to risk it with a throw.
>>
>>64834708
This. It's all about the spread
>>
Doubt it.
It would get out.
>>
Does Seattle have a chance in Carolina?
>>
>>64834532
Lmao grow up you pussy. If you really lose friendship over a marriage then you weren't friends to begin with.
>>
>>64834532
My buddy is married, he's dead (inside) know. He barely keeps up with sports or vidya. Sad desu fampai
>>
>>64832312
>>64833914
>>64834740
They had 1 time out. 26 seconds on the clock when they threw the pick. A throw was not a bad choice. Probably better to get do a bootleg and fake Lynch up the gut.
>>
>>64834415
No, but at zero degrees shit goes wrong sometimes.
>>
>>64834532
>getting married in the 20s
Risky
>getting married in the EARLY 20s
Divorce guaranteed

26 is the absolute earliest you should be getting married these days. This isn't the 60s anymore. If you haven't literally lived with your f2f for at least 2 years and dated for at least 4, then you're jumping the gun. Even if you're high school sweethearts and are now like 22/23, you still don't know if you're ready to take on the modern world together.
>>
>>64834532
>My best friend got married today.
Getting married during a playoffs weekend. Your friend and his wife are officially assholes.
>>
>>64834815
They're students in law school.

They had to do it during break but after the holidays.
>>
>>64834440
Dude the weather was cold, but the turf was heated up. The 49ers Green bay game was a cold game.
>>
>>64834532
You have to convince him to divorce her. But make it subtle. You don't want to see his child to grow up be a liberal vegan faggot. Next she's going to claim that the son is trans. Get your buddy back. Save his future son
>>
>>64834625
Even if that is the plan, I don't care. Just want an Owl in this town before I'm 30.
>>
>>64834850
This. Be a hero or we're going to have another Seahawk fan on our hands. Do the right thing.
>>
>tfw you had Vikings +5 all week

Thanks for the free money fellas
>>
>>64834850
>>64834867
HOW TO LOSE A FRIEND FOREVER: THE POSTS
>>
>>64834832
>They're students in law school.
Still assholes
>They had to do it during break but after the holidays.
No they didn't. They could wait until spring like normal people. They're assholes because they imposed on all of their guests (who also have time limitations on their breaks) and effectively said "we want you to give up the end of your break and also forego one of the best weekends in football and possibly travel through very inhospitable weather in order to attend our wedding" Fuck them. If your friend weren't a spineless beta fuccboi he'd have her to wait until May-August which is the traditional season for weddings.
>>
>>64834532
shes going to make him choose between you and her eventually and hes obviously going to choose her since he seems like a bitch nigga if hes going along with her plans for him, just drop that nigga now save yourself some trouble
>>
>>64834882
>people talk about games being rigged for betting
>Vikings were supposed to lose all week
Redpills are the worst.
>>
>>64834910
>the wildcard round is this amazing thing that should supersede all else

there was literally one good game this weekend, 2 close games, but one good one

you need to stop sucking that NFL dick
>>
>>64834912
>shes going to make him choose between you and her eventually
She already has, anon. Control freak GFs don't wait until after the wedding to take complete control.
>>
>>64834918
they won with the points, and the vast majority of the money was on seattle

vegas and the bookies won huge on that game
>>
>>64834945
This
>>
>>64834930
>implying the wild card weekend isn't more important than some cunt's special day
>>
>>64834941
This.

Unfortunately for his friend, he seems very one-track, meaning he got married because he felt he was "obligated to" and therefore divorce is an absolutely unacceptable outcome.
>>
>People so mad at Seattle when they win people suggest NFL is rigged

Honestly though, I would have taken the Vikings on the spread even though I'm a hawksfag. It's kind of dumb to think a playoff game with a home dog isn't going to be close. Especially with the weather playing in Minnys favor
>>
File: dangerruss.jpg (361KB, 480x694px) Image search: [Google]
dangerruss.jpg
361KB, 480x694px
>>64834608
Don't worry the fix is in this year and the us12s will get another ring, defeating the jobber Broncos again. The Broncos literally only exist to put over other teams in the Super Bowl. The dynasty starts here.

#RISEUP #WEARE12
>>
>>64834495
English names are shit all over. From nigger names to hippie names to whatever type of faggot names their kid Dakota to the ones in that picture, the English speaking world has lost the ability to name kids. Expect to go to the doctor when you are 90 and have Dr. Friendliness Brown-Rychel-Jones operate on you.
>>
>>64835017
This, I don't like seattle myself but if anyone thinks the NFL is rigged I'll point to Manning's last superbowl any day of the week.
Why in the world would you rig a game to be an uninteresting stomp in the fucking Super Bowl?
>>
>>64835033
Rate my kids names
Keira + Liam
>>
>>64835067
shit. Did you name them after actors?
>>
>>64835037
Because their shit team didn't make it anon
Never underestimate the power of delusional fans of shit teams
>>
>>64835037
The Broncos have a contract that obligates them to get fucking raped in the owl once per decade to promote the idea of fair play in the NFL. In return the Broncos were given a couple Super Bowls themselves in the 90s, and will be supplied with more guaranteed in the future. The Broncos getting assfucked gave rise to one of the new biggest fanbases in the NFL, the Seakeks, which NFL marketing was told was the new team on the rise with the millenials. The NFL then found it prudent to give them instant success, and now they have made a shitload on Seakek jerseys and ticket sales.

The Broncos always have an established fanbase, they don't have to worry about their fans not showing up. Building new markets of fanbases is top priority, and that is why the Panthers will win this year for the black/sjw crowd. Tag me, this is all clear as day.
>>
>>64835098
No, my wife picked the first one cause it was "pretty" (I didn't even know who Keira Knightley was until later) and I picked Liam cause I'm Irish. I tried :(
>>
>>64835115
That doesn't sound like something Peyton Manning would agree too.
Man is Hungry for an owl.
This kind of reasoning seems delusional.
>>
>>64835122
Well at least they're real names. That will help them get job interviews, unlike Jamal and Parish
>>
can i get a webm of the missed field goal?
>>
File: 1449800577123.png (501KB, 647x517px) Image search: [Google]
1449800577123.png
501KB, 647x517px
>all these casuals pretending its an absurdity that the viqueens lost

they aren't even a good fucking team at all. Adrian Butterson is over the hill and "Sleep Tight Memey" is nothing but a poor game manager who will be a career backup after the hype wears off in 2 years.
>>
>>64834471
i think it is a list of abortions with the way the names are scratched out
>>
>>64834774
Yes, should be a close game
>>
>>64835151
Peyton doesn't know about it, none of the players would or it would get leaked obviously. Its just the owners and top refs.
>>
>>64835254
But the refs had nothing to do with the Broncos getting fucked, they fell apart all on their own. Your logic is deeply flawed.
>>
Only casuals think the NFL is rigged, there's no incentive to fix games
>>
>>64835278
okay mateo. When the Panthers win this year and have a new booming bandwagon fanbase and this trent continues forever come back to me. The Patriots just got one to recharge their fanbase and stay strong, all these shitty small markets don't matter to the NFL. There's a reason New York got two almost impossible wins, they need that New York $$$$$
>>
>>64835298
>there's no incentive to fix games

Lol ok $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>>
>>64835324
So if the Panthers don't win you'll admit you have no idea what you're talking about?

No you'll just come up with some other crackpot conspiracy like when I debunked your stupid Broncos theory
>>
>>64835324
You're contradicting yourself.
>>
>>64835339
The league makes boatloads of cash without fixing games.

In fact, rigging games would put that money at risk because the public would lose interest in the league if it wasn't authentic competition,
>>
>>64834945
I was speaking more to gamblers who chose the straight win over the spread. Vegas wins no matter what in this scenario, there's no real "fix" to be seen.
>>
>>64835345
The Panthers will win, but okay if they lose I'll admit it. Will not happen though, its already been leaked
>>
>>64834471
>dat masculine hand with dat one black finger nail

wut?
>>
>>64834415
Yes. All sports are rigged by the Jews.
>>
Wild card games and playoffs in general have been very boring the last few years. Last real upset was Flacco btfo the Broncos (and after that the 9ers)
>>
>thinking the nfl is actually rigged

You guys are fucking idiots. There is way too much on the line for them to be rigging shit. If it leaked that the fix was in on games, their entire business would be ruined.
>>
>>64835219
sleep tight memey
>>
>>64835219
sleep tight memey
>>
I don't think this one was rigged. Walsh has choked a lot this year and missed extra points. I've seen some games where the only conclusion I could come to was shit was rigged though. In this game I don't think they cared too much who won. Seattle isn't Superbowl bound.
>>
>>64834415
dude, you can tell both the kicker and the holder choked so fucking hard. Their nerves were probably like jelly knowing there was so much riding on the line on them winnning, and it probably didn't help that Sherman is probably the hungriest defender out on the field.
>>
>>64834471
>There isn't a multi-billion dollar enterprise on earth that leaves its success to chance.

The success of the NFL isn't determined by the winner, so it's not something they are concerned about. Even when the Bucs won in a one sided contest, the ratings and viewers count continued to trend upwards.

So yea, the league has other shit they need to worry about.
>>
>>64835219
SLEEP TIGHT MEMEY
>>
http://youtu.be/N6-Ksh8P7hE
>>
File: 1449427001050.jpg (116KB, 701x728px) Image search: [Google]
1449427001050.jpg
116KB, 701x728px
>>64834573
>which implies he has the skill to throw this accurately
>>
File: Pete Morelli.jpg (76KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Pete Morelli.jpg
76KB, 1200x675px
>>64834426
>The players
You only need one group of people to be in on it, and that group isn't the players.
>>
>>64836555
Dad-Noooooooooooooooooooooo
Mom-What!!
Dad-He missed it!!
Mom-Awwwwwww.Sad. I feel sorry for him

top kek.
>>
>>64835021
Die in a fire. But only after your last memory is the Panthers beating the fuck out of your team. Then take the memory to hell with you.
>>
>>64834415
Serious question. Was Jordan forced to retire in 93 because the NBA was onto his gambling habits?
>>
>>64836651
He would have received the Pete rose treatment but worse and lost millions of caught so yes

Mainly to see if he gambled on NBA games which is a huge NoNo
>>
>>64834415
Yes.
>NFL lawyer Gregg H. Levy said the league is making a narrower argument, as "long as the NFL clubs are members of a unit; if they compete as a unit in the entertainment marketplace ... they should be deemed a single entity" and not subject to antitrust law.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d815b3e76/printable/league-opens-case-for-broad-antitrust-protection-in-supreme-court

"entertainment marketplace" sounds like WWE
>>
>>64834645
So what, you're suggesting that goodell told Carroll to call a pass and he went with it? So the coaches are in on it?
>giving credibility to crackpot conspiracies with less evidence than the hollow earth theory
I must be retarded, too.
>>
>>64834673
He missed by a couple of feet. During the week 16 Broncos-bengals game, McManus missed a game winner so fucking badly, I'm not sure if the ball even went through the damn endzone. Do you watch football?
>>
I wouldn't be surprised at all if refs were in on influencing games but not the players, no.
There's a lot more that goes on behind the scenes though on the players side such as lax drug testing that the NFL turns a blind eye to.
>>
>>64836939
You're suggesting that the refs are rigging games? Do you realize that the refs went on strike a few years ago, and the NFL let it run damn near halfway into the season before the caved? Do you really think they would risk pissing off people that could easily turn a billion dollar business into a laughing stock overnight over a couple thousand dollars? Surely if this stupid conspiracy theory was true, the refs would be able to prove it easily. If even one pissed off ref let it slip, boom. The league is gone. Anyone who believes the league is rigged is retarded.
>>
>>64835362
Uhh.

Just look at how corrupt soccer is. Look at how fucking blatantly obvious so many of those faked injuries are. It's still the most popular sport in the world.

Are you that dense?

And to say "they already make a lot of money so they probably don't care about making more."

Fucking seriously? Do you have any idea how business works?
>>
File: rig.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
rig.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>64836994
>>
>>64836994
Im not suggesting anything, all I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised at all.
I've seen at least 5 different games this year come down to bad red calls and even more TD's taken away. It's been the worst year I've ever seen.
>>
>>64836899
this

the broncos might have been left out of the playoffs because of mcmanus
>>
>>64834415
>team falls apart last second
>waahhh rigged
>>
>>64834415
It's not rigged but there's definite favoritism amongst those in power: the refs, the networks, the owners. That Pittsburgh/Cincy game just reinforced it all. If you watch that game, I mean the whole game, not just replays, you can see. Literally everything went the Steelers way. Certain plays weren't replayed, the announcers, the refs, it was just so completely skewed. It's just a joke at this point. The role and power the refs have in determining the outcome of the game. Referees calls can't be reviewed. Like when a scuffle happens: at least in the NBA, they review the scuffle and then determine penalties. Why can't they do this in the NFL? The worst part is the best team didn't win. The Bengals were a better team than the Steelers. It's a shame they didn't get a chance to move on because of bullshit calls/no-calls.
>>
>>64835033
Fuck off Canashit. AMERICAN names are shit, that has nothing to do with sensible English names.
>>
File: FUCK FUCK FUCK.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK FUCK FUCK.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>64838185
First the Bungles and now the vikings
>WHY DO GOOD TEAMS BEAT BAD ONES
>IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR
>>
>>64834415
Big market teams will always dominate since they make those in power (the league, networks, etc) the most money.
>>
>>64835033
I would 100% enjoy a trip to Dr. Friendliness Brown-Rychel-Jones. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>64838657
>Get a touchdown called back
>Still win
>"Wahh refball"
I mean, how much more did you guys really need to win?
>>
>>64838780
I'm not sure of the exact rules (because football rules are completely non-sensical and subjective), but, if a helmet-to-helmet is called on the Shabaz-Bernard hit, does that negate the fumble and recovery afterwards? Or is tacked on to the next play/kickoff?
>>
>>64836583
But retard, the game in which this thread was referencing had no major ref calls
>>
>>64838838
>Shabaz
Shazier
>>
>>64834711
i.e the Packers.

If it wasnt for the officials they wouldnt be in the playoffs.
>>
>>64838838
It was incidental.
And the hit on brown was a defenseless receiver.
I'll forgive you because you most likely got your info from a delusional Bungles fan.
>>
>>64835298
I don't believe the NFL has the resources to fix games but if you really think there isn't a gargantuan amount of incentive you're fucking retarded
>>
>>64834471
>to ensure maximum profits
The NFL is a non-profit organization.
>>
>>64838898
Thanks for not answering my question, but giving me your opinion which I care nothing about
>>
>>64838944
Then suck my dick, gook.
Watch your E-sports
>>
>>64837023
Haven't been watching football long, eh? Officiating isn't easy.

>>64838905
Risk vs reward. They make enough money without risking it all for a few extra dirty millions, especially considering the amount of people you'd have to involve. Basketball is, because 1 player can decide it (see: Hardin in last years playoffs)
>>
>>64838933
The NFL itself is non-profit. The teams absolutely are for-profit.

Further more, the League is only-non profit because it basically acts as the distributor of revenue. All revenue goes to the NFL, which then distributes the revenue back out to the teams. The NFL doesn't report any profit on its balance sheet, but that's only because the revenues are distributed back out to the teams, not kept by the league.

The NFL itself is therefore legally a non-profit, but the NFL and the 32 franchises it oversees are, as a whole, a for-profit enterprise.
>>
>>64838755
Anon you should really look up which teams make the most money before saying that (hint: only 1 ((pats)) out of the top 6 earners are even near 'elite')
>>
Supberb owl III is where it all started.
>>
>>64839031
...the NFL is for profit...in fact they dont pay taxes...they make billions every year....what are you on about?

Maybe legally on the books they are "non profit" but they aren't.
>>
It's rigged when a team I like loses.
>>
>>64839191
That's not what that means anon. Non profit means they don't hold funds at years end. It just means they pay out 100% of their income to their employees.
>>
>>64839191
The NFL is a distinct entity from the 32 teams that make up the league.

The NFL itself is non-profit, because they don't keep any of the money they bring in. All of the revenue the NFL takes in covers their own expenses, and then everything thats left is evenly distributed back out to the teams.

The teams are separate entities that do record a profit, and do pay taxes on that profit.

You really need to stop listening to shit leftist dipshits on HuffPo write.
>>
>>64834805
Best advice of the day IMO
>>
I used to be certain that it wasn't, but I'm honestly not sure anymore.
>>
>that Bengals ending
>that vikings ending
You guys honestly think this isn't rigged?

The only game that probably had zero rigging was the chiefs game and that's because the NFL doesn't give a shot about it.
>>
>>64839502
how exactly is it rigged? rigged would be the ref calling pass interference on a game ending call. the bungles fumbled away the win. and walsh missed a field goal.
>>
>>64834438
Ty Cobb was dat nigga doe
>>
>>64834451
>wake up
>le sheep

Who cares its football.
>>
>>64835033
Rate pls
Owen and Emma
>>
>>64836555

>Sister: guys I called i-
>Dad: shh
>Sister: Is that even nece-
>Dad: SHHHHHHH!

this is why cunts will never be accepted in sports. they just don't get it
>>
>>64836463
Yup. The way Seattle D has treated FGs is intense. Jumping the line, the way Sherman was 3 inches from the last one. Add in the cold weather? The pressure must've been unreal. To pretend the Seahawks weren't a factor is absurd
>>
File: canadafu.jpg (88KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
canadafu.jpg
88KB, 640x640px
>>64836555
>awwww............sad

this line had me tearing up holy shit
>>
Why would Seahawks win if it was rigged, all the money in vegas was on them
>>
>>64834709
>Second best defender after Watt

>Not even the best player on his own defense
>>
Do you think he had an effect on the play?
>>
>>64839809
Depends.
How close did he come to blocking the last one before that?
>>
>>64836555
She wont shut up about wanting to suck his dick
>>
>>64839823
Less than half a foot
>>
>>64839809
Probably.

He was within a hair of blocking the third field goal.

Walsh knew his ass was coming.
>>
I think its kinda funny how the Chiefs are suddenly super bowl contenders right after the Royals won the WS.

The post celebration in KC was expecting around 150k people but damn near 1 million people showed up.

I'd say someone somewhere wants that to happen again just this time with the superbowl. Then they can see some real revenue in KC.
>>
Walsh shanked it too far left because Sherman was going to block it if he went straight
>>
>Viking fans are blaming the kicker
>Not Teddy Shitwater for being an absolutely mediocre QB who can only throw 10 yard passes
>>
>>64836555
>he wouldn't have won it
literally doesn't even know the rules
why is she watching.

Guy at the end
>I still like you Blair Walsh
real fan I like it.
>>
File: 01102016-seahawks35-780x531.jpg (132KB, 780x531px) Image search: [Google]
01102016-seahawks35-780x531.jpg
132KB, 780x531px
What were your thoughts on this play?

Skill or luck?
>>
If it was fixed, the Cowboys would win the Owl at least every 3 years.

I'm not saying the refs don't favor certain teams or don't have some agenda, but the notion that everything is scripted behind the scenes is bullshit.
>>
File: 1440861214952.jpg (83KB, 600x713px) Image search: [Google]
1440861214952.jpg
83KB, 600x713px
>>64839889
>had nearly as many yards through the air as Wilson
>70% completion percentage
>0 ints
>marched them down the field to get them into a 27 yard field goal situation for the win

What the fuck do people want from this guy? He's literally playcalled out of the game in favor of giving Peterson 30 carries up the gut and you all still piss and moan.

I'm not saying he's great or anything but Bridgewater is at least 3rd or 4th in line in terms of blame.
>>
>>64839918
Skill. They practice the scramble drill all the time. The receivers know to get open.

>>64839937
>marched them down the field

The refs did.
>>
>>64839918
Good awareness.
>>
File: 3JlDcRY.jpg (99KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3JlDcRY.jpg
99KB, 800x1200px
>>64834805
Divorce isn't actually as common as people think. The fact that "50% of marriages end in divorce" is misleading. This number is exacerbated by people who have gone through multiple marriages. Your first marriage is more like 20% likely to end in divorce. But if you divorce and re-marry, then 2nd marriages are like 85% likely to end in divorce, and 3rd and beyond are pretty much 99% likely to end in divorce. That doesn't count people remarrying after their spouse dies, just people remarrying after divorce. And then there's bullshit Vegas marriages, marriages for legal convenience like immigration or tax purposes, etc. etc.

Furthermore, if your first marraige makes it past 5 years, the likelyhood of divorce goes down to more like 10%. If you have kids *during your marriage* it goes down even further. If you own a home it goes down even further.

With all that in mind, I married at 23, wife was 19. We'd been dating for 6 months.10 year anniversary is coming up in a month. If you still aren't sure after a few months, the answer is no, so shit or get off the pot. Eitherway your advice is pretty shit.
>>
>>64839937
AP is the real person to blame here.
>2 yards per carry
>fumble
I'm not saying I could do better but I'm pretty sure I could make minimal gains and also lose the ball in crucial situations.
>>
>>64839918
Why the fuck was Lockett wide the Fuck open?
Did they actually think the play was over?
>>
>>64839949
Because Kam Chancellor can't cover a tight end. He mugged Rudolph because he got beat to fuck. That pass was on point. And Bridgewater turned right back around and disrespected Kam again the very next play.
>>
>>64839960
what did you get your black bull for christmas
>>
>>64839979
That flag is Canada, not Sweden, silly.
>>
>>64839960
First marriage divorce rate is around thirty to fifty percent. Can I see a source on your twenty percent statistic?
>>
>>64840052
>implying there's a difference.
>>
>>64838898
Way to demonstrated you don't understand football. That was a textbook helmet to helmet penalty. There isn't such thing as 'incidental' but nice try pal. That should have been Bengals ball inside the ten yard line.
>>
>>64840127
>way to demonstrated

speak fucking english, then maybe you'll be able to better discuss america's sport
>>
File: Wetter.png (26KB, 615x775px) Image search: [Google]
Wetter.png
26KB, 615x775px
>tfw
>>
>>64839213
But these are always the same teams.
>>
>>64840144
Fucking Vikings.
>>
>>64840069
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_in_the_United_States

29% way back in 2002, and its been on a long downward trend, which has most likely continued.

It's also much lower among people with college degrees.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-myth-of-the-high-rate-of-divorce/
>>
>>64839965
You would be murdered. Literally you would be knocked unconscious if not killed the first hit you took and would probably fumble while your limp body crumbled to the ground.
>>
>>64840173
kucked me out of 70€
>>
>>64840134
Shut up faggot you don't have anything else so your pointing out a spelling mistake. Fucking pathetic bitch.
>>
Yeah, some of it's fixed. Probably depends more on the line and who the mob has in their pockets at the time more than anything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtAcYaubQXg
>>
>>64836049
It's called an accent m80 :^)
>>
>>64839960
Look bud, I'm happy for you that you had a successful marriage at such a young age, but to take that as an objective source and tell everyone they should get married in their early 20s, their prime, is pretty obtuse.
>>
>>64840246
that's not a spelling mistake lol it's a fundamental lack of understanding. fucking retard
>>
>>64840343
>fundamental lack of understanding
>fat-fingered the d

k
>>
>>64836555
>he's not ugly either! He's not ugly

Where the fuck did that come from...bitch this is about sports not who you want to penetrate you.
>>
>>64836555
I'd hang out and watch football with them.
>>
All about the spread niggas
>>
>>64834805
Yea I don't get the whole you can't live together before marriage rule.
I had an ex who's parents didn't care we were fucking and even joked about it, but when they found out we lived together, they almost disowned her.
>>
The problem with rigging the NFL is it's a high risk, low reward system for increasing revenue. If the league focused more on creating a level playing field with a draft, salary cap, and free agency than they naturally create tight exciting games with none of the risk of the public finding out they're watching a scripted product.
>>
>>64840640
it's scuzzy as fuck, my parents are the same way

having your own place is GOAT anyway
>>
>>64840220
hmm yeah probably.

AP was still bad though.
>>
>>64840818
Agreed.
>>
>>64836291

Yeah, but it won't ever be leaked. Why else is it that every year has the same teams in the playoffs?
>>
>>64839960
>dating for six months before marriage
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>64840945
Actually if you watched the NFL for more than 2 years you'd know the playoff teams shift wildly.

Also if the NFL was rigged, a leak would be very easy. All it would take it one ex-ref or disgruntled employee to spill the beans.
>>
>>64840333
I didn't say you should get married in your early 20s. I'm disputing the notion that no one should. If you feel like you've got a relationship that marriage material, then fucking do it. If not, then you obviously shouldn't. But don't let bullshit statistics and a bunch of opinionated virgins on a Bhutanese knitting imageboard dissuade you from getting married if its what you really want.
>>
>>64841194
Not to mention not one tell all book or anything. This is just /pol/ getting their retardation in
>>
>>64841144
First date was January 24th. Wedding was July 19th. 100% truth.
>>
>>64841266
If you're doubting your relationship working based on stats, then your relationship will fail.
>>
>>64841349
He's not even married you dip
>>
>>64841266
>I didn't say you should get married in your early 20s. I'm disputing the notion that no one should.
That's a fair assessment bit it's still a risky endeavour just based on age alone.
>>
>>64834415
No. People just fuck up from time to time.
>>
>>64836555
aww that mom is adorable
>>
Ben and Brady dominated the AFC with a combined total of 6 rings and 9 appearances. Peyton has three appearance and one ring. His main competition were Ben and Brady.

>Peyton beats Ben and goes onto beat Brady and proves even at old age he's not to be fucked with

>In the landmark 50th anniversary Superbowl with all the special advertising and the GOLD campaign Peyton Manning will get revenge on the Seahawks and ride off into the sunset and people will call him goat again.

Goodell had this shit planned from the start.
>>
>>64842753
>yfw Peyton announces that he'll give it one last shot after he wins the AFCCG meaning the Owl will be his last game and it'll cause a shitstorm.

Just move this shit to /asp/ already
>>
>>64838657

This. I mean, in the first half pit got like 8 first down calls. No holding on them, no first down penalties, and then later flags everywhere for touch calls on Cincy.

And then if you look at it with a broader eyes, you'll see how they helped Pitt through their playoff push at the end of the season. Jets were down on ref decisions on all of their games at the same time with huge penalties disparity in all their games. The most glaring being last game where they played the most penalised team in whole NFL, that then never got a single holding in that game.
>>
>>64834415

I don't know. I know that there's too much money in the sport for there to not be some behind the scenes stuff going on, but I don't believe that whole seasons are fixed. Just little things here and there to maybe get people who wouldn't normally care to look up a play or two that people are talking about and the NFL gets a little ad revenue. A good example is last year's playoffs in the Detroit/Dallas game with the weird flag pickup no-call thing that happened. Something was really wrong with that situation, but Dallas just lost the next game anyways.
>>
>>64843348
>I know that there's too much money in the sport for there to not be some behind the scenes stuff going on

The reason there's so much money is because people love the unpredictable nature of sports, if you take that aspect away you risk losing that money, it makes no sense from a business standpoint to put the most integral aspect of your product at risk just so the Cowboys can play another playoff game.
>>
>vikingfags never stop crying about how the NFL has it out for them

top kek
>>
>>64834426
This. I knew Josh Norman and especially DJ Swearinger back in highschool. There's no way
>>
>>64834426
>>64845355
and not just the players but the tens of thousands of people it would take to coordinate this
>>
Some games are.
Never important ones.
Check youtube.
>>
The man missed the field goal. A chip shot.

The NFL didn't make him miss.

Also, I'd like to know how the balls felt. It was extremely cold. Were they made a touch soft?
>>
>>64843348
the flag was picked up because a ref with another angle informed them that the Det TE grabbed the Dal LB's facemask and pulled him forward
>>
Its impossible to rehearse crazy last second plays that win the game and if they did people would know about it. Refs, steroids and intentional injuries are the only way the games could be rigged.
>>
>>64846340
Despite what the NFL tells you, balls do deflate significantly in cold weather, also the laces were out which fucks with kickers heads for some reason. That combined with the pressure of the moment probably caused the missed.
>>
>>64846403
And te fact that Sherman touched his last FG
>>
Well slightly.

1. Compensatory picks
2. Unreviewable penalties
3. Uneven suspensions

I mean you can say it's not fixed at all but you are wrong. The proof is right there. The nfl is slightly fixed yes. You have to be a complete fucking moron to say no. It's blatantly obvious in some spots especially the compensatory picks. You can't argue that's not a fix
>>
>>64847222
Adding on. For those unaware

The nfl gives out compensatory picks to teams

However, here's the catch

They've never actually revealed the method in which they decide who gets them. We have an "idea" but we actually don't know.

Meaning the nfl gives out extra draft picks using a secret formula. Yes the nfl gives out extra draft picks to teams they want to win. Otherwise they'd reveal the formula, but if they did that, they would lose that control mechanism. Same with penalties being non reviewable. If penalties were reviewable the nfl would lose that control. Same with suspensions.
>>
Serious answer: partially rigged, and the refs admit it. Not as bad as the NBA.
>>
>>64840558
>women not thinking constantly about getting fucked by rich men
>>
>>64847222
None of those are fixing games, they're just bad rules or incompetency in the case of suspension
>>
>>64847288
do they dictate which players teams have to pick to?
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.