[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does increased review technology help or hurt sport? Are mistakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

File: goalline tech.jpg (51KB, 634x380px) Image search: [Google]
goalline tech.jpg
51KB, 634x380px
Does increased review technology help or hurt sport? Are mistakes and missed calls part of the game? At what point are we "ruining the sport"?

>all sports welcome
>>
We're ruining the sport when we let refballed plays decide the outcome of the game

The more technology the better
>>
I ruined your mom
>>
>>64800379
>The more technology the better
/thread
>>
>>64800326
>Are mistakes and missed calls part of the game?
only for those in favour of corruption
>>
More technology is best.
The best amount of redding mistakes is no mistakes.
>>
>>64800431
seriously make everything black and white and games would be much better
>>
>>64800326
Heat sensing technology is literally essential to test cricket
>>
>>64800379
This for the most part
But it's gonna ruin baseball
Umpball is literally part of the game
>>
The GAME should be decided by the ACTIONS of the PLAYERS on the FIELD.
Not by the CALLS of the OFFICIALS.
And technology helps allow that to be the case.
>>
>>64800326
have you seen what hockey has done, they were super early on this, always adapt your rules and officiating. football needs some rule adjustments to favor a more dynamic playstyle and faster action.

maybe shrink the crease and widen the field by 5 feet on either side. Make the net 6 " taller people have grown taller since it was formalized
>>
>>64800404

so edgy
>>
>>64800511
You also need a fecal matter detector, seeing as how India is the biggest player of cricket.
>>
>>64800326
There's a fine line between bogging the game down with needless stoppages and ensuring accuracy, but I feel getting the call right is more important. Referees can't see everything all the time and they can be subject to bias just like any human.
>>
File: god.jpg (7KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
7KB, 229x220px
>>64800326

PREDICTION: In my lifetime MLB umpire crew will be reduced to a single ump who monitors sensors that determine strike/ball and safe/out calls. The current MLB review is retarded, so this would actually be an improvement even though it defies tradition.
>>
>>64800326
Amerifat football: replays have bogged down the game too much. I'd like to see them pare back what can be looked at a bit. touchdowns and turnovers, and on catches just the two feet down. they still can't really figure out possession/is it a catch, so no more looking at that part.
>>
>>64800500
by black and white do you mean correct?
>>
My coworker was telling me how more technology would remove the human element from soccer. And how referee mistakes are just a part of the sport
>>
>>64803510
what bogs the game down are not replays but shit like
>touchdown (confirmed within 10 seconds like 90% of them)
>commercial break
>kickoff
>commercial break
>>
>>64803924
your co worker is a retard, tell him the main part of the sport is a thing called football and to do that the game must be pure, impartial and not up to external forces running games
>>
>>64800326
Why the angle? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a camera looking straight down the line?
>>
>>64803993
But how will Italians ever git gud again if they can't bribe the refs?
>>
>>64803980

>he can make his own informed decisions on how to spend his money

Ads4Lyf m8
>>
Goal line technology would be an improvement in the Belgian league tbqh. Avoid discussion like the one about the English WC goal against West-Germany which is still going on.. Too bad it's too expensive for clubs in small leagues, more so for the smaller clubs in said leagues which makes it a bad investment for the larger ones if they're the only ones to have it.

I expect (and hope) it to become cheaper in the following years. A ref's impact on a game is just too big now, especially if you consider the amounts of money at stake.
>>
>>64804007
the camera is just TV shit. Balls have computer chips in them that automatically alert the ref when they fully cross the goalline
>>
fuck refs, technology is the way to go
>>
>>64802749
theres no issue with goal size at all though

if anything goalkeepers are worse at keeping out goals than they were 10 years ago
>>
>>64800326
the moment you stop the game you just ruined it

I hate in handegg how like for a centimeter that a shoelace touches the edge of the field than it's offside and it has to be reviewed for 20 minutes with 50 camera angles

I would hate in football that if a ball hits the top post, goes down just over the goal line, and heads back to the field, that then the game should stop to review if it was a goal or not

fuck that

if there's enough technology to make the correct decisions instantly, then yes, fine, apply them
>>
>>64800379
if you don't agree with this you need to get the fuck out
>>
Of course it does, only luddites unironically believe that ref mistakes should be part of the game.
Christ I can't wait for robot linesman and for refs to be able to see the play from 5+ cameras.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 600x580px
>>64802821
underrated
>>
>>64804038
i thought there was a camera lined up with the goal line...
>>
good until the point of timewasting

for a perfect example see basically any 2015 NRL game
>>
>>64804697
perfect example of timewasting, to be clear
>>
as long as it happens instantly & automatically I'm fine with it, don't want that challenge shit they have in tennis & apehoop
>>
>>64804732
I meant volleybal, but they're basically the same
>>
>>64804766
you got one of them but with a shemale?
>>
>>64804786
Wow just keep posting pls
>>
>>64804566
>if there's enough technology to make the correct decisions instantly, then yes, fine, apply them
Did you miss the WC, or EPL or SerieA (i think Bundes too), Goal line techonligy works and is fast.
Now ofssides or dives arte another problem
>>
>>64800326
>At what point are we "ruining the sport"?
when we start posting here
>>
>>64804904
how? after an incident happens play already stops, why not have a 3-5 second replay a few times.
>>
>>64800326

With technology UEFA demons can't stroke Barcelonas dragon dildo when there is a close call.

I will be more than happy with a 5th ref reviewing dives in the box or other situations.
>>
>>64804566
>mexico ok with corruption
Why am I not surprised
>>
>>64805043
I love you, Schlomo, keep it up
>>
>>64804991
But this would hurt Halal more than Barça.

>Every close call gets reviewed
>Real never gets to win another league title
>>
Instant replays on questionable calls should be implemented as well. Would take a significant portion of diving and refball away.
>>
>>64800379

First post is the correct one.
>>
>>64805043
thats fucking beautiful
>>
File: 1447292139095.jpg (65KB, 813x429px) Image search: [Google]
1447292139095.jpg
65KB, 813x429px
>>64800379
>>
more tech all the time
>>
>>64802821
overrated
>>
tech won't be able to determine what's a foul or not, because it's a subjective rule, a mere touch isn't always a foul, it depends on intention (or willingly taking a high risk) and intensity.

at least there can be a complete 3D mapping of the field that can reliably solve the offside rule, that would be cool.
>>
nhh
>>
>>64804978
Maybe for dives, but how would you check ofssides without interrupting the game?
>>
>>64800326
> train everyday
> getting trough injuries
> struggling against all the big teams
> barely reaching the cup final after 1st rival choked, 2nd rival alineated wrong, 3rd rival lose shootout, and we become full goat for the 4th rival
> final day
> lose 1-0 after ref fuck up a penaltie outside the box and didnt redeem beacuse he has scenic panic
> all a season of efforts into the trash because a 3 seconds fuck up

technology is objetively the only correct option; the discuss should be about how to apply it in minor leagues
>>
>>64800379
You'll be first against the wall when the robots take over, cuck
>>
>>64800379
the only downside that I can think of to this would be that smaller leagues couldn't afford said tecnology, unbalancing things

but if I was the one who called the shots, tecnology all day every day
>>
>>64800379
Shouldn't have tech in baseball
>>
>>6480668
The football league at one point where considering using all those TV shekels to implement goal line tech in all professional leagues in England (so basically up to and including league 2)
>>
In terms of goal line i agree.

but in offside/foul calling, it should just be human 100%
>>
>>64800326
Getting the call right is always the best option. People in favour of refs making mistakes are basically just sports luddites
>>
>>64806907
why you think offside should be 100% human?
>>
>its goooooooooood
>>
>>64807031
because it makes the game more human, the fans shit talking the ref, the players whining everytime.It builds pressure to make a mistake, and the mistake is part of the game, just like trying to deceit the ref when diving, it is a strategy.

atleast in matches like libertadores/UCL. in the world cup i agree it should have more technologic help to the refs
>>
Why should there be a 3rd party whose performance literally affects the outcome of the game?

Leave it up to the participants of the sport. Remove as much of the guesswork as possible, while keeping the flow of the game mostly intact.
>>
La Liga is the only "big" league to not implement any technology yet, not even the goal line technology. You know why? Because tat would limit the level of refballing of the Spanish FA. And Tebas, Villar and their friends want to keep refballing in favour of MADrid.
>>
Most games have a defined set of rules, so technology simply allows the outcome to be accurate rather than relying on a referee who's point of view might cause him to make an incorrect decision.
>>
>>64807095
>the fans shit talking the ref, the players whining everytime

they can still do that with technology, but refs should ever know if some player was faking out inside or outside the box
>>
>>64807330
yeah they can but they it won't change anything.

specially if they know they can just look at the camera replay and undo his call
>>
>>64804978
this

a match never pass of 60 mins of net time and usually averages in 40 mins

a few minutes more will not change this and if it does, they just should aply more strict extra time rules
>>
File: 1440260993077.jpg (145KB, 916x750px) Image search: [Google]
1440260993077.jpg
145KB, 916x750px
>>64806650
>

Offsides are way easier to check than dives m8, even easier than goal-lines
>>
i think football should only apply innovations that doesn't slow the game.
videoref and other shit for offsides nope, eagle eye yeah.
waiting for the videoref would be annoying, like in ice hockey
>>
Anything that eliminates more human errors and doesn't affect the pace of the game should be implemented
>>
I'm in favour of technology and reviews however there needs to be strict rules on when to use them, for instance in top level international Rugby these days everything gets reviewed just so the referee can cover his back, it's incredibly annoying.
>>
>>64803443
>You will never see another coach kicking dust onto the umpire's shoes before getting ejected
No on the field umpires will take away an entertaining part of the game. I can see the benefits, but I'm not sure it's worth it. It's like getting rid of things like stormb owl threads from spee.
>>
>>64807484
Yes but you cant stop an action to check if it's offside because if it isnt you stopped it anyway. And you cant even let everything and only check if becomes a dangerous action because then it would be a mess
>>
just seen a chink eye scored and for a second thought tot scored and celebrated lol
>>
>>64807511

You review during a dead ball throw in corner free kick
>>
>>64800379
This

As long as It's not intrusive/stopping the game more, technology is better

I've never understood why a lot of people get angry the Rugby League for checking most try's on the video ref

The game stops after a try anyway, you get to watch the play in slow motion several times from several angles to make up your own mind on whether you think It'll be allowed or not and then watch the big KFC advertisments light up TRY or NO TRY what's not to like about that

Majority of friends are soccer fans and they always get mad about it. I don't bother arguing about it. I do however watch a ton of soccer with them and always make to sure shove it in their faces if there was a major game changing decision made by a ref because soccer is too good to use technology
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.