[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a snowboard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

So, im getting a snowboard, and i went to a guy that sells them second hand, took some pics, but since this is my first one, i dont know much about them, so can anyone tell me which one is the best out of these, and what the prices are? Here's the pic of the rest: http://i.imgur.com/YWP8ijG.jpg
>>
I think the correct board for this is /asp/ fàm
>>
Whats /asp/?
>>
>>64752189
>>>/asp/

Get your shit together if you're going to immigrate here from Reddit, faggot
>>
get the prettiest one
>>
>>64752058
Get the one in the middle that has the crack in it.
>>
Idk if thats a crack or just the board. But i like that one the most
>>
we need to see the other side of the boards..thats most important

pick the one with the least damaged back (scratches/lines etc)
>>
Does the size of them matter?
>>
>>64752497
Belgium's got it.
>>
>>64752555
Just an honest question but have you snowboarded before?
>>
No. Thats why im asking this here. I live on a freaking mountain and i never did. :(
>>
>>64752555
just pick a medium sized one, cant go wrong with that. I have noticed more advanced boarderds tend to pick larger boards, but sometimes have troubles in pipes and funparks..

also have you ever skateboarded? Look which foot you put in front, it will be the same for snowboarding. Although your binds can be adjusted anytime for your preference
>>
I have skateboarder, but i never learned any tricks, usually my right foot was in front.
>>
>>64752555
Yes. Longer boards go faster, but are harder to control. So it depends on your weight. How much do you weigh?
>>
I think around 65kg. And i think that im around 1.72m tall.
>>
>>64752629
Belgium got it again. Larger boards more stable+faster, good for hills, small boards lighter+easier to turn/control, better for halfpipes but really it comes down to personal preference. Much more important to make sure their aren't scars up and down it
>>
sports shop fag here. If you're a beginner, rule of the thumb is the board should roughly have the length of 145-155cm(for a grown up man). You also need to check if the bindings fit your boot size.

All of these boards are probably crappy but they will suffice for a beginner. I'd go with the green one.
>>
>>64752639
that's called 'goofy' stance. Then definitely dont pick the one ive crossed through, because on that board it will be impossible i reckon to stand with your right in front because of that one stumped end there i circled.

And it seems every board in that pic is currently in 'regular' stance, so you'll have to adjust the binds for your stance when you buy one and start boarding.

Also prepare to go on your ass for 3 days straight before you can manage a decent turn
>>
Okay if you're brand new to this I recommend this website
http://www.evo.com/how-to-choose-a-snowboard-size-chart-and-buying-guide.aspx
>>
File: 464116601.jpg (186KB, 957x1280px) Image search: [Google]
464116601.jpg
186KB, 957x1280px
>>64752682
>>
>>64752700
that one is 8 year olds anyway
>>
>>64752713
and it shows
>>
>>64752058
Get whatever one your feet fits snugly into brah
>>
Thanks for your advice and what do you think are the prices of these?
>>
>>64752754
those boards all look pretty haggard m8, wouldnt estimate them more than in the 250-450 euro range
>>
>>64752754
they are old and shit. 50€ for the green one. Maybe 30 for the rest.

>>64752777
u wot m8.
>>
>>64752664
You'd want a board around 150 cm.
>>
>>64752795
did some research just now and it appears i overestimated those prices indeed

a friend just bought a brand new board for 700 and was going of that price.

but i dont think you can buy a board for 30, unless the seller is a chump
>>
The guy wants 40€ for each, with boots included. So i think im gona check the green one and the one behind it for straches, the one that has less, ima get.
>>
>>64752058
I would tell you to go to >>>/asp/, but since that board is now infested with mandrama threads left and right…
>>
It seems like the green one is 152cm, and that a brand new one on the web is around 7.490 din which is around 60euro ( with boots). Heres the link:
https://www.kupindo.com/Zimski-sportovi/17237325_Snowboard-marke-Migros-2-152cm-Poklon
>>
>>64752823
doesn't matter, still >>>/asp/

just because this board is infested with generals doesn't mean you can or should discuss actual sports anywhere else
>>
Oh damn, now i see it says thats its second hand with signs of usage. Stupid me
>>
>>64752817
I've worked in retail before. I assure you, 30€-50€ for a no-name brand board that's been stored in an albanian attic for 10 years is absolutely fine.
>>
pic of an average snowboarder
>>
>>64752058
>that m-budget board
Sides status: in orbit
>>
>>64752891
Yea thats what im thinking of getting, any good? And it says migros on it.
>>
>>64752906
it's a swiss company. They're not a snowboard producer, it's just their logo printed on them.
>>
Yea, btw any of u play csgo? add me on steam tubas5001, or tubaS. Oh and also, come to Shara mountain, Brezovica. We got top prices, great mountains, and shit. :D
>>
MomImTooOldForSkiing is not a sport
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.