[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lovie Smith Is Unemployed, Again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: LovieSmith2.jpg (178KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
LovieSmith2.jpg
178KB, 1600x900px
2 years as HC of TB Bucs and out.

Shit Coach, Incompetent Front Office, or Racist Fire
>>
>>64740215
if it was racist why would they employ him in the first place? theyre just retarded and want to remain shit forever
>>
Shit front office...nothing more.
>>
>>64740215
It's not that bad of a firing, because Lovie is not a good coach, but honestly 6 wins is better than they should have hoped for, and I thought he definitely earned at least another year. Winston was showing improvement and the best way to make sure that gets thrown out of whack is to change all the schemes around him.
>>
>>64740215
Yes it was racism and not the two years with a losing record. Why would that factor into you getting fired or not?
>>
File: 1450188955158.gif (7KB, 307x362px) Image search: [Google]
1450188955158.gif
7KB, 307x362px
>>64740215
Let the race war begin, go Stephen A. feed the liberal ESPN cucks, you know you love how Bayless deep throats your big nigger dick while he cups the balls just right. Go my pretties fly.
>>
>>64740289
>firing a coach two years into a rebuild

>after a season high promise
>>
shouldn't have ended your "promising" season with a four game losing streak
>>
>>64740215
Of the bucs last 6 head coaches, 3 of them have been black. So how is that racist?

Tony Dungy
Jon Gruden
Raheem Morris
Greg Schiano
Lovie Smith

Most NFL teams haven't even hired 3 black coaches ever. This is just stupid talk.
>>
>>64740215
None of the above. D: Worst owners in professional sports.

Fuck the Glazers.
>>
Racist?
>Draft a black QB as your starter
>Hire a black Head Coach

Just a shit organization that has no fucking clue what they're doing. People are so fucking impatient these days. I would have expressed to the fans and organization to give us five years to turn this team around. Not two.
>>
Absolutely they are just racist
>>
>>64740215
>Racist Fire
>>
File: image-7.png (98KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
image-7.png
98KB, 400x267px
>>64740381
Well you can't convince the nig-nog's of this, per Stephen A. "I love Jon Gruden and yes he got fired unjustly, BUT let's not forget the man they FIRED UNJUSTLY, Tony Dungy who built that team and they let a white man take over and win."
>>
8 wins, 2 season. He's a defensive head coach and the defense didn't improve, the offense got a potential Top 10 WR and the #1 pick QB. If the Bucs were truly improving overall improving on all aspects of the ball, he'd still have a job. That's why their OC is so widely regarded.
>>
>>64740464
He is the black Skip Bayless. He just says shit to get attention. And he buys his own bullshit. Lovie Smith got fired because the front office is pants on head retarded and doesn't realize it takes more than 2 years to turn a dumpster fire around (See St Louis) and smart ownership knows this. Jerry and Stan aren't firing Fisher or Garrett because A: who would replace them? and B: they would lose a ton of money for a worse option. Stephen A just likes to hear himself talk. He's not even a football writer.
>>
>Using meme coaches

>ever

Blacks can be good coordinators but coaches? Nah son. More often than not they lack the discipline and drive of a white coach.
>>
File: 1390188550026.png (13KB, 536x498px) Image search: [Google]
1390188550026.png
13KB, 536x498px
>>64740215
>>
>>64740464
I hate when people bring this up because they always seem to ignore the fact that the team that he personally built up before he left went to the Super Bowl as well. Dungy was a Defensive mastermind but he was shit in everything else.m Gruden turned a shit offense into one that at the very least, didn't cost the team games.
>>
>>64740535
Todd Bowles, Tony Dungy, Mike Tomlin, Lovie Smith in CHI, Marvin Lewis, Hue Jackson before he was unjustly fired in Oakland,
>>
File: old_meme.jpg (10KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
old_meme.jpg
10KB, 248x203px
>>64740533
>>64740553
Oh I agree with you guys, I thought hiring Lovie was stupid he was overrated and old, and what did Gruden do after the SB he won with Dungy's defense, b/c after that they just got worse and worse, and Dungy took a HOF QB and won a SB and had a successful career in Indy. But if you give the guy a 4-5 year contract then own up to it, it's your fault they are failing, you knew what you got when you hired him.

>Overrated yet a good leader, just soft
>A meme defense in Tampa 2 that just doesn't work by itself
>No franchise QB until his 2nd year, give him a chance.
>>
>>64740667
>it's your fault they are failing
Wasn't even really failing, the process was just slow. The first two years were clearly dedicated to fixing the offense which makes considering the Bucs Offense was shit and Lovie got fired because he neglected the offense.

So the Bucs dedicate the first three rounds of two drafts completely to offense (Mike Evans, ASJ, Charles Sims, Jameis Winston, Donovan Smith, Ali Marppet). The picks start, all the picks contribute.

Dude was just revving up to actually focus on bringing talent to the defense.
>>
Bad front office plus shit coach

Lovie can be good in the right situation, but if a front office doesn't give him players he can work with or that fit his system he'll look like shit. You need a synthesis of front office and coaching.

I don't think Lovie knew how to run an offense with a player like Jaemis, you look at his heyday in Chicago and he had Rex Grossman.

Lovie's a defensive coach, and the front office was more worried about offense. You look at the last two drafts and in the first round since Smith was made head coach they drafted two offensive skill players with high draft picks.

Give Lovie a decent conservative dropback QB, a good TE, O Line and a grinder running back and an elite defense and he'll do well.

Give him a bunch of young skill players on offense and you're setting him up for failure. If they took someone like Aaron Donald or Derek Carr in the first round in 2014 and Fowler in 2015 Lovie would have done better.

Simple offense and skilled defense is what he's good with, complex meme offense and depleted defense is what they gave him
>>
>>64740908

Lovie's fingerprints was all over that offense and he seems to get none of the credit for it.
>>
>>64740845
Yeah, that's what I was saying, just came out as "I hate Lovie rant", didn't mean it to sound that way, I think he's a great DC, just what he did in Chicago wasn't all that impressive, but still they gave him a contract at least let him try and accomplish his vision, he only spent one top pick on defense and Alexander is pretty goddamn good.
>>
File: CHALLENGETHATSHIT.jpg (89KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
CHALLENGETHATSHIT.jpg
89KB, 594x396px
>>64740215
y'all postin in a Lovie Thread??
>>
Lovie is an above average coach that's had shit to work with his whole career
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.