[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the GOAT at HW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: lennox-lewis-net-worth1.jpg (31KB, 393x650px) Image search: [Google]
lennox-lewis-net-worth1.jpg
31KB, 393x650px
Is he the GOAT at HW?
>>
>>64739869

After Ali yes
>>
>>64739869

After Ali yes
>>
>>64739869
After Frazier yes
>>
>>64739869

He actually ruined the heavyweight division. Fuck Lennox Lewis.
>>
>>64739869
After Holyfield yes
>>
>>64739869
After Tyson, yes
>>
After Tyson yes
>>
>>64741322
>>64741324
> Le never beat Holyfield man
>>
>>64739869
After Hasim Rahman, yes
>>
>Not as good as Joe Lewis
>Not as good as George Foreman
>Not as good as Muhammad Ali
>Not as good as Tyson

He's the GOAT non-American though, maybe Scheming was better, but he was good
>>
>>64741367

>Joe "bum of the month club" Louis
>Mike "muh prime!" Tyson
>better than Lennox

YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT BOXING
>>
>>64739869

he had a glass jaw though. Maybe top 10.
>>
>>64739869
After Ali, Frazier, Tyson and Holyfield, yes.
>>
>>64741407
Sure Louis boxed some bums, but that doesn't change the fact that he was champ, you don't become champ and have one loss (to a guy you later beat) by just beating up bums.

Tyson boxed too long, but still, more KOs against greats. You gotta assess someone's prime, not when they're 40
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 720x960px
he was the best of his era, which was a great era but was not a 15rd era. he can easily be labeled the best 12rd HW of all time but there has to be a clear dichotomy in comparing fighters from 12&15 rd eras.

anyway, he has truly been a blessing to the sport.
>educated, personable, a class act and can read & write
>never ducked or delayed a fight
>has some very exciting fights worth rewatching
>retired and continues to be a great ambassador of the sport.
>>
>>64739869
Le jab you to death man
>>
>>64741590

Lennox would have fucked up Tyson anytime, anywhere
>>
Was this before the Russian fucked him up so bad he got scared and retired?
"Hol up, I got lucky with that cut, dat Russian is bad, I'm done"

Dr steel hammer or his brother is the greatest you ignorant fucks

They fucking scared Lennox off lol
>>
File: rockymarciano.jpg (35KB, 210x286px) Image search: [Google]
rockymarciano.jpg
35KB, 210x286px
Y'all fucking retarded. 49-0 43 KOS. The only thing that could get this fucker was a plane crash.
>>
>>64741407
You don't.

Manny Steward, the guy who basically laid the blueprint for tall fighters to win and revolutionized the super heavyweight scene, puts Joe Louis on his top 5 ATG list at #2
>>
>>64741590
Adrien Broner is a 4 time world champion in multiple weight divisions and hasn't beaten a single A tier fighter.
>>
Based Canadian is based
>>
>>64741344
get yo shit rocked ma
like hasim rahman
>>
>>64739869
After >>64741309 yes
>>
>>64742060
Uh.. The 90's HW era is considered the best HW era in history by basically all boxing analysts and historians.
>>
>unironically knocked out by Hasim Rahman
>GOAT

kek to the sheck
>>
>>64741367
tyson isnt even a top 10 heavyweight of all time fucking casuals make me cry
>BUT MUH KNOCKOUTS
>>
>>64741590
>tyson
>beating a great
pick one
>>
>>64743011
Lennox was too old by then. He was slow lethargic and not fit enough. He just wanted to prove he can still hang.
Fuck the Bitchko brothers, there hasn't been an undisputed HW champ since Lewis.
>>
>>64750685
That's the beauty of the Heavyweight division. One punch at anytime can end the fight.
>>
>>64743282
>got knocked down by geriatric joe louis
literally a jake lamotta tier of shite
>>
>>64750706
I can't call somebody that can't appreciate the Klitschkos a true boxing fan.
>>
File: Parker-Joshua.png (536KB, 832x466px) Image search: [Google]
Parker-Joshua.png
536KB, 832x466px
So /box/, who wins? I thought Joshua showed some weaknesses in his win over Whyte.
>>
>>64750706
it's been getting very difficult to become an undisputed HW champ in the last 10-15 years or so. Much more difficult than in the past.
>>
>>64750721
for all its worth, while Marciano is basically a meme heavyweight that would have been a cruiserweight in reality, it's still worth noting that he mostly faced heavier opponents and still kept that KO ratio, which is impressive on its own. and he never choked. So stats-wise he's great, which doesn't equate to being a strong HW nowadays. Heck, guys like Ali would have been barely good nowadays, going by the sheer reach disadvantage, height, weight they'd have.
>>
>>64750912
Parker 3rd KO
>>
>>64741165

explain? he was technically one of the GOATs, knocked people out most of the time and never dodged anyone.
>>
>>64751003
Perfected the jab and did little else
>>
>>64751013

Why do people blatantly diminish a fighters skill level like this? If you don't care about boxing don't post in boxing threads.
>>
>>64750663
like whom?
>>
>>64750721
he did not get knocked down by joe lewis.
>>
>>64750590
>le I know boxing because I've viewed records and read wikipedia man
have you even seen a fight in its entirety prior to 1990?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.