[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chargers fans midseason >you aint gonna win games i aint buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (89KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 640x360px
Chargers fans midseason
>you aint gonna win games i aint buying tickets!
>ship their ass to LA for all i care! They gonna play like shit they gonna get treated like shit!
>new stadium?! I would rather buy a refugee's house myself than pay taxes for a new stadium!

After chargers file for relocation
>omg nooooo pls stay
>youre all we have
>we said we would build a new stadium
>plssssss

>the city of san diego
>>
Chargers have been wanting them to stay in San Diego since the beginning.
>making shit up
>falling for troll threads
Try harder faggot
>>
>>64738199
found the san diego fan
>>
>>64738176
These are the same "fans" who swear they are going to the Owl every season, then stop caring as soon as they stop looking like they'll make it to the playoffs.
Alternatively, there are fans like myself who always knew they were going to file for relocation because you don't do everything they did in Carson unless you are going to file to relocate, who heard the Chargers special council confirm months ago that they were going to file to relocate, who never wanted them to go to LA, who went to every home game, who would love for them to get a new stadium, but feels they're being stubborn shits by demands everything and being willing to concede nothing.
Contrary to /sp/ memes, there is more than one Chargers fan, and people do have different opinion, many of whom most likely hold the same opinion now as they did then. The only thing that has changed is the group of fans the first half of you post focuses on compared to the second, because on the whole they are not the same people.
>>
>>64738176
Every Chargers fan I have ever met was fairweather as fuck and would routinely bitch about the team while it had a winning record and refuse to go to games to express their disproval.

Chargers fans are the whiniest cunts of all time and got Schottenheimer fired for no logical reason. They don't deserve to have a team
>>
>>64738176
>>new stadium?! I would rather buy a refugee's house myself than pay taxes for a new stadium!
>paying taxes for a stadium owned by a private entity
>>
>>64740439
>got Schottenheimer fired for no logical reason.
>charger fans got schottenheimer fired

please kill yourself if you actually believe this

also nice thread raiderspic
>>
You know what would make the butthurt more delicious? If the Chargers won a Super Bowl after moving to LA
>>
>>64740481
Chargers fans are at fault for every bad thing that happens to them purely out of karma alone
>>
>>64740439
The world does not revolve around you, m8. There are more Chargers fans than the ones you know.

>Chargers fans are the whiniest cunts of all time and got Schottenheimer fired for no logical reason.
Chargers fans did nothing to Marty they hadn't done countless other times to Norv and McCoy. They lasted much longer than they should have. Schotteheimer has been confirmed to have been fired because he wouldn't work with AJ Smith, and Dean Spanos, repeating his fathers error of siding with Bobby Beathard over Bobby Ross, sided with the GM over the head coach. Fans had nothing to do with it. Please stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>64740493
>be run by a greed family that doesnt know shit about football, they couldnt win a superbowl even with a GOAT team in 06
>HURR ITS THE FANS FAULT

nice shitposting brah
>>
>>64740493
What have Chargers fans done to deserve such bad karma?
>>
>>64740439
>>64740493
>unironically acting like a retard regardless of what thread you're in
>>
>>64740476
It's a common thing in the States.
>>
>>64740522
:)
>>
>>64740493
>backtracking this hard because you said something stupid
>>
>>64738176

Gonna drop a big logical fallacy here, but "true" chargers fans didn't change their mindset during the season, that mindset being "fuck the Spanos".

That being said, most of the fandom are a bunch of fairweather fans, which seems to be the case for every California based team, I really don't see the appeal of moving to another city if they're going to struggle with the same stuff.
>>
>>64740555
The teams moving to LA automatically get a revenue boost just from the TV market alone. Thats literally the whole reason any team wants to move to LA, because their owners are greedy fucks
>>
>>64740555
>"true" chargers fans didn't change their mindset during the season, that mindset being "fuck the Spanos".
As one of these, you are 100% correct.
>most of the fandom are a bunch of fairweather fans
Same here.
>>
>>64740572
Times like these make me wish there was such a thing as a /sp/ draw thread. I'd kill for a Dean Spanos version of the Happy Merchant.
>>
>>64740572
Why in the hell do you think people own football teams? They are businesses. If you wanted the Chargers to stay you should have bought tickets
>>
>>64740555
>>64740581
>fuck the Spanos
To be fair, Alex Spanos is completely fine - Dean Spanos is the fuck.
>>
>>64740596
>being a corporate cock sucker

kek, go buy a mcdouble or some shit
>>
>>64740439
I'm from San Diego. All my family lives in San Diego, and being the most "hardcore" chargers fans, including my brother, entails nothing more than going to a preseason game, MAYBE one regular season game, and then getting drunk and watching the rest of the games at home on TV.

Thank about it. In Green Bay, hardcore fans go to every single game, every single year, no matter what. And the weather sucks ass. In San Diego, it's beautiful weather, and almost no fans go to every game. Most don't even make it out to one home game. Say what you will about >us12s or spic raider fans or other east coast teams, but their fans actual attend home games, and a lot of home games.

tl;dr charger fans don't attend home games. simple as that.
>>
>>64740628
he's not really defending the corporate entity (being a "corp cock sucker," as you put it), he's just pointing out the reality of the situation.

if fans want a team that will be around in 50 years even if no one supports them, root for cfb. those teams certainly aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>64740615
>>64740615
Not disagreeing. If anything Alex helped make San Diego what it is today disregarding his work with the Chargers. Considering his dimensia though, he is absolutely without blame. Even Deans sons though, could go Shakespearean on him, and try to orchestrate a coup on him. They run on and off the field operations, and they swear they want to stay more than Dean ever has. I wish they'd do something to boot his ass out.
>>
>American sports teams
>>
>>64740633
Step up your game, or learn the definition of hardcore, nigger. My family has to drive an hour and a half to go to Chargers home games, and we have my entire life for 90+% of them.
>>
>>64740668
>American "sports" teams

ftfy
>>
>>64740698
do you live in tijuana?
>>
>>64740668
I like some soccer teams, like the Fly Emirates and the Samsungs
>>
>>64740633
>le I know every "hardcore" charger fan xD

Ive got a buddy ive known from middle school and he's been a charger fan for life and he went to every single home game this year whether it meant sitting in the nose bleeds or not.

speak for yourself and your shit tier family faggot
>>
>>64740698
congratulations, you are literally the 2% exception to the rule. san diego fans, even ones considered "hardcore," rarely if ever attend any home games. the number of away fans at chargers games is undeniable.
>>
>>64740722
Imperial Valley, actually.
InB4 Same thing
>>
>>64740628
Just saying, the McCaskey family doesn't own the Bears still because they love Chicago so much. You know what you're getting into when you root for a corporation
>>
>>64740698
>i know this one guy who totally goes to every game

the fact that you have to reach and say "i know one guy who..." just shows how rare it is for chargers fans to attend every home game.

you and >>64740698 this guy are in complete denial about how shitty sd chargers "fans" are. they don't go to home games. this isn't my opinion or some kind of subjective insult. this is just objective fact. the statistic back it up. chargers games have terrible home attendance. it's all visiting fans and even still they have low attendance.

you guys are in complete denial of this basic, objective fact.
>>
>>64740741
How many games did you go to this season?
>>
>>64740741
Maybe you shouldn't consider them "hardcore" then? I've never said San Diego fans in general are a loyal pack, but there has always been a very lean group that has gone to every game. The city in general in absolutely fairweather and really only ever shows up to give a home field advantage when the team is playing well. Technically you didn't say anything incorrect, but I really don't think people who go to every game are as rare as you make it seem if there is one in this thread.
>>
File: 2015 NFL Attendance.png (91KB, 754x789px) Image search: [Google]
2015 NFL Attendance.png
91KB, 754x789px
>>64740782
>this guy are in complete denial about how shitty sd chargers "fans" are.
No I'm not. >>64740817
>chargers games have terrible home attendance. it's all visiting fans and even still they have low attendance.
Higher percentage than the Raiders and Saints. Also, you might not know it, but San Diego is full of transplants, so many if not most of those of those visiting fans are just folks who've kept their team after moving to SD, but are in fact San Diegans.
>>
>>64740879
>Raiders and Saints
Raiders and Rams
>>
>>64740791
zero. i have never attended a single chargers game. i'm not a "hardcore fan." I'm not even a fan, period. I don't like the nfl, and I definitely don't like the chargers. I simply grew up in SD and realize how shitty their "fans" are.
>>
>>64740879
percent shouldnt matter surely when theyre trying to make money

99 percent of 60k is worse than 80 percent of 100k as far as an owner is concerned
>>
>>64740879
>>64741177
also strong correlation between teams that are shit and shit attendances

if you want people to come to their games dont make them pay hundreds of dollars to get BTFO. earn your attendance/money by building a winning franchise.
>>
>>64741177
Read up on the NFL blackout rules. A game is not broadcast in the local TV market if the game is not sold out, resulting in millions lost for the team owner.
>>
>>64741177
Yeah, but considering the variability of stadium capacity size, percent is a fairer representation of the community's emotional investment in the team. I'm not looking at this from the owners perspective. All I'm trying to do is defend against is the accusation that Chargers game have low attendance, which, while not high, is better it terms of a per capacity basis than others, most notably the other two teams up for relocation.
>>
>>
>>64741250
They have changed the rule in 2014 so no more blackouts.
>>
>>64741264
Fucking hated that game, but I was there.
>>
>>64741323
They suspended the rule for 2015, they have yet to remove the rule and are "reevaluating it"
>>
>>64741387
Exactly. If anything they knew people might not show up with the risk of teams moving. Oddly enough though

>Maybe it's the uncertain future, 2015 the potential last season in San Diego. Maybe it's the recent success, one win last year from consecutive playoff berths. Maybe it's the work of those in business operations.

>Whatever it is, the Chargers have sold more season tickets this year than in recent memory.

>A team official said Monday afternoon that the Chargers have sold 56,112 season tickets for the upcoming year. It is the most at this stage since 2008 when they reached the 60,500 mark. The team notably was coming off an AFC Championship Game appearance at the time.

>http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/sep/07/chargers-season-tickets-qualcomm-stadium/
>>
>>64740439
I've been a charger fan since 95 and openly cried when i heard the news that marty got canned. He didn't deserve it in the slightest. Still stayed loyal to the team because fuck bandwagonning.
>>
That's not how it's gone, though...

>>64741449
They sold more due to the threat of actually moving.

Still, I hope Dean doesn't expect a signification amount of the SD fanbase to drive to LA.
>>
>>64741627
>I hope Dean doesn't expect a signification amount of the SD fanbase to drive to LA.
I think he really does. Either that, or he is THE cuck of NFL owners if only because he's going to be fine accepting never having a home field advantage as his stadium is taken over by visiting fans every week.
InB4 but he'll be getting all that money
Just because you ask that Tyrone pay to fuck your wife in front of you doesn't mean you aren't a cuck. A commercially opportunistic cuck, yes, but still a cuck.
>>
>>64741724
>he's going to be fine accepting never having a home field advantage as his stadium is taken over by visiting fans every week.

If he thinks it's bad, currently, in LA it will be worse.
>>
>>64741744
Of course it will be. But frankly he'll deserve it. I hope when he comes to San Diego people spit on his shoes.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.