[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/180/: LAKESIDE WORLD PROFESSIONAL DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP DAY 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 14

File: Adams & The Chipmunk.jpg (50KB, 767x432px) Image search: [Google]
Adams & The Chipmunk.jpg
50KB, 767x432px
It's time for the second round of the BDO World Championship, which has been a weird tournament so far. Some great matches with amazing finishes and very nice 90+ averages, but also some terrible matches with averages between 70 and 80. It makes you wonder if the trebles at the PDC really are bigger, and if they are, how bad Mark Oosterhuis really was at the Grand Slam 2015. But I digress.

The biggest shock of the tournament 'till now has to be based Wolfie being knocked out 3-0 by Jeff Smith. Wolfie missed some crucial doubles in the first set, but credit where credit is due, Jeff Smith outplayed Wolfie in the 2nd and 3rd set, with a 120 finish to seal the deal. Will he be able to go all the way? Probably, if he keeps playing like this. But we shouldn't forget he'll be facing Brian Dawson, who knocked out John Walton in THE fixture of the first round. 90+ averages, 100+ finishes (with a 125 finish bullseye bull bullseye) and a deciding set in overtime. Will the winner of this match hold the title at the end? No idea, I've only seen maybe half of the matches.

The strange match in our midst is the final first round women match: Lorraine Winstanley - Rachel Brooks. Lorraine is married to Dean Winstanley, so they can whine about never having won a TV-major to eachother. Last year, Rachel Brooks has been the Justin Pipe of women darts, so let's just hope this match is over after 2 sets.

Matches today (first to 4 sets):

>Afternoon session (1:00pm - 5:00pm)
Larry Butler v Glen Durrant
Lorraine Winstanley v Rachel Brooks (first to 2 sets)
Jim Williams v Wesley Harms

>Evening session (6:00pm - 10:45pm)
Dennis Harbour v Martin Phillips
Jamie Hughes v Madars Razma
Brian Dawson v Jeff Smith

Let's have a good one!
>>
In just about 15 minutes, the world number one Glen Durrant will face off against the American Larry Butler.

Fun fact: Butler won the World Matchplay 22 years ago at the PDC. Looking at the averages of the first matches, this could be a close opening match!
>>
File: thumbs up kid.jpg (24KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up kid.jpg
24KB, 398x500px
Based Netherbro making the thread
>>
stream2watch not working for anyone else?
>>
>>64718399
It's not loading for me either, I'm using

>http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/bdo-world-professional-darts-championship--live-streaming
>>
>>64718412
Okay, thanks I'm using that one too already but they want me to disable adblocker.
>>
Hopefully Stream2watch will start working in a few minutes, since this isn't ideal, but at least we can watch!
>>
Who /thebeast/ here?
>>
Spooky skeletons.
>>
>>64718412
all these shitty streaming sites use the same source.
>>
Based duzza with a 141
>>
DAT 141

Me likey.
>>
>muh first 9 average
>>
No ad break after the first set?

Uncle barry on suicide watch
>>
>>64718495
>not watching a BBC stream
>>
>>64718501
Watching bbc2 hd m8
>>
>>64718495
Based BBC
>>
Well someone came to defend his no. 1 position. Durrant just keeps going on.

http://robssatellitetv.com/watch-bbc-2-live-online-stream-watch-uk-tv-free.htm

This stream works pretty well too, bit behind though.
>>
Tell me about vassos?
>>
Durrant smashing it.
>>
Dat 148 oh shit. What you gonna do with your 100k duzza?
>>
Poor Murican Mustache man, standing there, crying internally.
>>
America getting BTFO
>>
>9 (nine)
>>
>95 average
Impressive
>>
Time to pack and fold them American flags away.
>>
>america
>>
Poor Larry
>>
USA! USA! USA?
>>
I remember Brooks last year. She took ages to get to the board. Let's see if she can walk a bit faster this year.
>>
I need a stream please
>>
>>64718757
http://robssatellitetv.com/watch-bbc-2-live-online-stream-watch-uk-tv-free.htm
This is the best one I could find
>>
This scoring from deano could keep up with most pdc jobbers
>>
>>64718779
very nice, thank you!

girls darts I've almost never watched. What are the difference?

Lighter darts? standing closer? Bigger board?
>>

>first one in 4 years
>>
>>64718807
lel, the only difference is a lower average 90% of the time.
>>
>>64718807
Shittier darts. More waifus.
>>
>>64718833
Pity Gallagher is already out. I like her style...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FaBWwQE3lI
>>
>>64718843
Ah yes I remember her and her tongue.
>>
>>64718843
Lol wtf
>>
>>64718843
Hahahaha is she trolling?
>>
>busting 65
>>
>these two
>>
Harms' gf is pretty fine
>>
File: bunt sleepy.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bunt sleepy.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>BDO threads
>>
Hey guys,

We're sure glad that you're having fun watching your game, but unfortunately, it's our duty to inform you that you posted your thread in the wrong place, as this is a board devoted to conversation about sports, which this isn't.

It's ok, though; 4chan has a lot of boards now -- isn't it crazy? -- and it's easy to get confused. To show there's no hard feelings, we'll help you find a more appropriate home for your thread:

>>>/tg/
>>>/asp/
>>
>>64719552
>get BTFO
>shitpost on an anime imageboard
Larry pls
>>
>>64719552
>>>/hm/
>>>/mlp/
>>
Good match this
>>
Let's see how the eveningsession will go! Really looking forward to the last match.
>>
Cheers Dutchbro for making the thread.

Just seen those Duzza stats... damn.

Durrant v Waites could be match of the tournament. No way Harms, Hughes or Razma will get past either of those two. They've been utter shit.
>>
>54 year old v 55 year old
So much for the BDO youth.
>>
Are these dudes twins?
>>
dat 96 from the nonce master
>>
>>64720876
Would you let him be the master of your harbour?
>>
>>64720817

After last year I do still worry that the occasion may get to Duzza and he'll get all emotional again.
>>
>binman
Harbour could challenge Smith/Doggy with darts like these.

>>64720984
That would be a real shame.
>>
>tony green namedropping olly croft
>>
>that qt wife of Phillips
>>
>thats unlucky

You mean: het threw that dart without aiming, like an idiot, so it caught the other dart and fell out.
>>
Do any of you guys play? How do you train?
I can hit every number already (normal field)
Do I just train the doubles and triples now?
>>
>>64721107
You can hit 20 consistently?
>>
>>64721157
Not consistently but regularly
>>
>>64721107
I'm throwing darts right now.
>>
Binman averaging under 80 again.
>>
>>64721224
As you can see by watching this match, you probably want to practice doubles first. Best training is to just throw legs with m8's, throw open tournaments, maybe join a better player in a double tournament.

You'll really find out the difference it makes ones you throw your first "official" match.
>>
>>64721224
Welcome to the BDO
>>
>>64721287
Kek, Cheeky bastard.
>>
boring old men
>>
>>64721275
>You'll really find out the difference it makes ones you throw your first "official" match.
There's actually a tournament not far from me
>inb4 my first match will be an embarrassment which I'll lose horribly
>>
>>64721512
I play tournaments regulary, and there are people who are just able to hit the board. It's not embaresing. Most people have respect for the beginners. You got to start somewhere
>>
In Q-School news, this year's Lakeside youth final contains a player who clearly has no belief in the BDO system as Joshua Richardson, who plays Jordan Boyce tomorrow, has entered for the annual January jobberfest at Wigan next week.

Rowby-John's brother Roxy-James Rodriguez, Germany's Tomas Meyler and the former best two players in Spain - Antonio Alcinas and Carlos Rodriguez - are also now on the list amongst a load of others: http://www.pdpa.co.uk/News/Article/529/2016-pdc-q-school
>>
Phillips playing his best darts of the tournament about 4 sets too late.

Harbour's deserved both of his wins.
>>
>tfw you really really want to play darts but you rent
>>
>>64721512
I entered a doubles club tournament with a friend for my and his first tournament. The first two matches we jobbed like we were at the WWE.

Nobody cared, and everything went better from match 3 and onwards, it's just about getting there for fun/experience, whatever you want to achieve!
>>
>>64721612
Get a stand mate
>>
>>64721612
Get a plywood wall
>>
>This interview

ayyy
>>
>>64721690
He was so overwhelmed he had no clue what he was doing.

>another Razma interview
why
>>
>latvian
>using scottish_national_anthem.mp3
???
>>
national_anthem_of_scotland.wav
>>
>yozza whining about the board again
>>
stream?
>>
>>64721956
http://www.stream2watch.co/sports/darts/bdo-world-darts-championship-2016-live-stream-january-06
>>
>tfw my stream has a retarded HD STREAMING thing blocking the fucking scoreboard
>quality is terrible
>>
>>64722040
>quality is terrible
Expecting otherwise from the the BDO
>>
File: 92375676876.jpg (12KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
92375676876.jpg
12KB, 306x306px
>>64722073
>le BDO is bad maym

fuck off you utter jizz stain
>>
>maybe Latvia is the new darting Holland
Jesus Christ, Vassos.
>>
qt latvian gf desu
>>
Is Latvia the new darting Holland?
>>
>>64722104
I want that Latvian girl to be my darting Holland if u know what I mean ;)
>>
>>64722093
>Being a BDOIDF shill
>Doing it for free
>>
>>64722119
https://www.reddit.com/r/Darts/comments/2r4qk3/til_that_phil_the_power_taylor_was_found_guilty/

The replies are literally you
>>
>4th seed
>>
>>64722096
>>64722104
Why do they say things like this. Lots of bashing the Dutch at the BDO lately. Probably 'cause this organisation still has English players as no. 1 and 2 of the world.
>>
In defector news, Jeffrey "Zero Wins At Lakeside" de Graaf is the latest "big BDO name" to switch to the PDC: https://twitter.com/ElliotJCornish/status/684485550657662978

>>64722157
Vassos Alexander is only at Lakeside because he works for the BBC. He's not a follower of darts.
>>
>>64722157
to be fair you guys are faggots though
>>
>>64722112
Simmer down there, Groucho Dartz
>>
File: 1389469951003.jpg (6KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
1389469951003.jpg
6KB, 199x253px
>guy in the crowd is "highlight of the match so far"
>>
>Doggy playing tonight

I don't know who needs more of a rest him or me

DoggyArmy
>>
>>64722196
That makes a lot of sense. He sometimes really thinks the viewers are a bunch of retards, with the way he talks about darts.
>>
>9 dart indicator
top lel
>>
>23
>>
File: ImABigBoy.jpg (38KB, 360x377px) Image search: [Google]
ImABigBoy.jpg
38KB, 360x377px
>>64722198
>>
They should make this match first to 2 now they still have the chance.
>>
>>64722245
I don't understand why there isn't a player on commentary.
>>
>>64722323
They don't have the charisma or historical knowledge that Vassos and Tony Green have
>>
>>64722196
>Vassos Alexander is only at Lakeside because he works for the BBC. He's not a follower of darts.

Still better than Tony Green
>>
>>64722342
top kek
>>
Hughes looks/acts like he's going to hang himself in the break if he goes 2-0 down.
>>
what ever happened to barry george's son? i remember him doing fairly well either last time or the time before that at BDO
>>
>>64722408
Amazes me that he's just 29 years old.

Looks about 5 years older.

>>64722422
Quit playing darts to actually have a career. His last appearance was at the 2014 Grand Slam.
>>
I miss the Lancashire Hotpots.
>>
tfw streams never work

fuck bt sport
>>
>THAT FUCKING CONGA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 0743757686.jpg (7KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
0743757686.jpg
7KB, 249x249px
>>64722431
>that guy is 29

jesus i'd say he looks 40 plus
>>
>vassos: look at those averages!
>highest figure on the graphic: 86
lel

>>64722621
>black country genetics
>>
>>64722621
The North for ya
>>
>that entire leg
What a fucking mess.

49 dart leg.
>>
Great leg lads!
>>
>>64722750
Shit, got it wrong: as Hughes went out in 25 and it was a break of throw, it was a 52(!) dart leg.

>suddenly a Latvian 14 darter
Fucking BDO consistency.
>>
Are there any Scandis knocking about these days apart from that brown lad?
>>
>>64722814
Denmark's Vladimir Andersen was supposed to play Sajwani but got kicked out for abusing an official at a Danish tournament.

There's also the Scandinavian Order of Merit in the PDC: http://sdcdart.com/?page_id=336
>>
>>64722880
>http://sdcdart.com/?page_id=336
Thanks for that
>>
>>64722814
I miss the "Norwegian" guy who missed the board once.
>>
Another match after this?
>>
Was that Jap lad from the world cup in either of the world champs draws or qualis?
>>
>Latvian darts

Where the potatoes at?
>>
>>64722970
Ah, Rune David: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNDv78Ze-zQ

>>64723034
Brian Dawson v Jeff Smith. Should be a good one as they've played great in the tournament.

>>64723042
Muramatsu and Hashimoto failed to qualify. Keita Ono was the PDC qualifier and got analraped by Taylel while Seigo Asada was the BDO qualifier and lost in a last set shootout to Wesley Harms yesterday evenng.
>>
>let's hope he doesn't hit the bull
>massive bounceout
Hilarious.
>>
>>64723080
Cheers m8. Sorry for being such a seething casual.
>>
If they just called this the World Amateur Darts Championships, I'm sure nobody would mind.
>>
>7 180's
>in a BDO match

I feel a "random" drug test coming along
>>
>>64723080
>Repping Norway
>English flag flights

ffs
>>
>>64723208
There's another great moment in the match where he hits T20 and then T20, starts gesturing to the crowd and trying to big the max up . . . and then hits single 20.

I'd love to see him back because he was a fucking idiot.
>>
Come one Madame Razna!
>>
There's been a really high number of bounceouts in this tournament.
>>
Was Steve Beaton any good in the PDC or just a meme player? Was he ever in the Premier League?
>>
>>64723277
Not really. He's managed to stay in the Top 32 for the past few years due to his performances on the European Tour and making a number of majors.

>Was he ever in the Premier League?
The ladyjuice would flood every arena if that happened, so no.
>>
>Baltic darts
Massive bottlejob from Potato Man. Ended up averaging under 80.
>>
How many of the PDC main draw would win this tourney, at Lakeside?
>>
>>64723490
None because they would have to face either Doggy or Waitsey

How many all bull 125s were in this years PDC WC?
>>
>>64723490
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_PDC_World_Darts_Championship#Statistics

Pick anyone who averaged over 90 and they'd have a good chance of making the semis at least.

>this fucking interview
Yozza is fucking brainless.
>>
Jesus christ get this guy some anti depressants
>>
>>64723546
The city of Thanawat Gaweenuntawong
>63 avg
>>
>>64723576
Dragged CUBE down so much it was embarrassing.

Had a shitload of miscounts.
>>
File: 2895568[1].jpg (196KB, 1200x2695px) Image search: [Google]
2895568[1].jpg
196KB, 1200x2695px
who /southyorkshire'sdavidbrent/ here
>>
Who /smithdestroyer/ here?
>>
>>64723777
based friend of john fat
>>
DAT SILENCER 87!

DOGGY ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
File: 3318.jpg (63KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
3318.jpg
63KB, 620x372px
>PDC reject blowing the fuck out of the BDO two years in a row
>the state of the BDO
>>
how many legs per set, lads?
>>
DAT SHANGHAI
>>
JEFF! JEFF! JEFF!
>>
>sonic
>nintendo
>>
File: 5754UaT.png (663KB, 621x561px) Image search: [Google]
5754UaT.png
663KB, 621x561px
>mfw Jeff wins it all
>>
File: JOHN FAT.jpg (85KB, 856x520px) Image search: [Google]
JOHN FAT.jpg
85KB, 856x520px
>>64724480
>yfw they get JOHN FAT back on commentary for the final
>>
On the subject of the Fat One: https://twitter.com/DarthMaple180/status/538380849486770176

lel
>>
"Shit flights on these aren't they"
-Doggy Dawson - 2015
>>
>>64724600
>fuckhuge manufacturer's sponsor
>translucent green
They scream "I am a jobbing bastard".
>>
>>64724572
>Canadian banter
>>
>13
>doggy
>>
Are his dog days over?
>>
>>64724727
They look like it.

Amazing someone averaging low 90s has been able to dominate his opponents like this. Really shows the decline in the BDO.
>>
Who is the most successful player to go from PDC to BDO?
>>
File: CV8YftQWUAEYCdV.jpg (78KB, 922x922px) Image search: [Google]
CV8YftQWUAEYCdV.jpg
78KB, 922x922px
LGTSS
>Doggy

>>64724891
Anastasia I'd guess.
>>
And so the first half of the last 16 comes to a close with three games that all ended with the same scoreline - 4-1 - but were all quite different.

Opening the night, boring slow throwing granddad Dennis Harbour demonstrated quite a comfortable performance as he eliminated binman Martin Phillips, who was fucking woeful and only got started when the match was completely away from him. It's remarkable that Phillips won the World Masters just two years ago with the way he's been performing at Lakeside this time.

Following that was a battle of the dimwits as gormless Black Country man Jamie Hughes whined and carried on but still managed a 4-1 win over potato lover Madars Razma, whose game completely vanished from him after the first set.

Closing the night was the performance of the session as Jeff Smith once again outclassed a BDO jobber in Brian Dawson; the Canadian's 92 average was just too much for Doggy, who averaged nearly 9 points less. It does make you wonder just how poor the BDO is nowadays if a guy can defeat his opponents with such ease despite averaging in the low 90s. Maybe they should accept their status as the inferior darts organisation and let Uncle Barry buy them out; it'd benefit them so much.

But while the BDO remains under control of the maroon blazer brigade, we return tomorrow for the women's quarters and the remaining men's last 16 ties as well as the cream of BDO's youth battling out for their World title at Lakeside:

>Afternoon Session (1:00pm - 5:00pm)
Joshua Richardson v Jordan Boyce (World Youth Final)
Ann-Louise Peters v Zoe Jones
Mark McGeeney v Scott Mitchell
Trina Gulliver v Lisa Ashton

>Evening Session (6:00pm - 10:00pm)
Aileen De Graaf v Anca Zijlstra
Martin Atkins v Richard Veenstra
Lorraine Winstanley v Deta Headman
Scott Waites v Geert De Vos

See you then.

If Dutchbro wants to make the thread again, then that's fine by me. Should be an hilarious day with four women's games.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.