[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Golf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: golf.jpg (60KB, 450x225px) Image search: [Google]
golf.jpg
60KB, 450x225px
Why does golf attract a disproportionate number of pompous, arrogant, uptight, and self-important fuckwits compared to many other sports?
>>
Because it's played purely by upper class homosexuals.
>>
expensive, a status symbol, doesn't take any actual skill, an excuse to drink away from wives (alcoholic types who have made pledges not to drink in the house can get 6 in)

Disc Golf is patrician.
>>
Is squash the same?
>>
>>64717133
>doesn't take any actual skill

I know its trolling, but lol
>>
>>64717269
You don't need skill to have fun with it.
>>
>>64717133
You have bad taste in things.
>>
>>64717096

freemasons desu
>>
>>64717096
Because you're mad at your parents because they couldn't give you a proper upbringing. You hate the fact that there are people who are just objectively better than you in every way. You laugh at them from over the top of your third pint as they walk past you in the city on Friday afternoon in their suits because you lie and tell yourself that your bricklaying job is really rewarding because you get to work outside, while at the same time you're hanging or for any reason not to go home to the barefoot, pregnant, tattooed 21 year old that all of us have had some sort of sex with before she dropped out of uni waiting for you at home.

It's full of pompous, arrogant people because you think that people who are better than you are lucky to be that way, when it reality it's just because you're a piece of shit.
>>
>>64717236
What world do you live in? almost every squash court i've ever been to has been run down and near falling apart and full of normal looking cunts.

Basically the exact opposite of golf.
>>
>>64717896
>Projecting
>>
File: thelowerclasses.jpg (25KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
thelowerclasses.jpg
25KB, 600x455px
>>64717096
>>
>>64717642
You could say that about any sport retard
>>
>>64717096
Because you've never played it
>>
>>64717996
I have played. But the guy at the club house made me buy knee high socks before I could play in 40 degree heat. Then their was the guy who took forever to put his stupid glove on before taking his shot, but then complained we lacked etiquette or some shit by taking more than two seconds to make our shots on HIS fairway. He actually said 'his' and tried to argue that because he paid his membership fee that therefore the golf course belongs to him in the same way if you buy shares you technically 'own' a piece of it. Seems like a game for faggots to me.
>>
>>64718077
Don't get salty at other people just because you can't understand basic etiquette.
>>
>>64718341
Why does etiquette even factor into it? is it a sport or a tea part?
>>
>>64717096
>Projecting your insecurities for everyone to see
wew cunt
>>
>>64717133
>Disc Golf is for drunk frat boys and hippies
ftfy
>>
>>64717096
Because you don't need any level of fitness to play at an amateur level and there's cost barriers to entry that young working class cannot afford. Same reason why you meet so many old pompous cunts at low level cricket in England
>>
>>64718497
>Why does etiquette even factor into it?

God damn, just stay the fuck away from the the sport. No respect....
>>
>>64718645
You sound like on of the pretentious gits that turn people off the "sport."
>>
>>64719167
Good. More room on the course for me.
>>
>>64717096
Maybe you shouldn't play in a country that's full of cunts?
>>
>>64717896
Wow, way to sound like the dick, dick.

Even if we assume you are right you sound like a dick.
>>
>>64717896
This,poor unsuccessful people are always jealous
>>
>>64717096
money,It's all about status.

End of thread.

>>64717896
top fucking kek, the detail, the angst. 10/10 again australia you never dissapoint me.
>>
>>64717096
I actually like playing golf from time to time..Honestly it's hard to find pick up games for football/basketball on a regular basis and on top of that no softball leagues near where I live. Fucking blows living in a town that has nothing to do in it.

>Not liking playing a round of golf on a warm summer day with your bro's, getting buzzed and shooting the shit.
>Not realizing all the uptight cunt waffles are the people who play competitively or think they can play competitively

It's also nice to just get two buckets of balls and spend some time on the driving range.
>>
>>64720232
i sure hope you've made your own money and not just been brought up in a rich family.
Otherwise you're just.. well a dick
>>
>>64720263
I think it's all about having time.
Playing golf can last a good 2 or 3 hours.
Don't get me wrong it's fun as fuck, but when people get a full time job, the working class have very little chance of playing it, unless they spend quality time with their kid or some shit.
>>
>>64718077
Don't base your opinion on experience with one faggot then, retard. I've never had an experience like that, you probably got unlucky that you had to play with such a douche. It's normal to take your time with a shot, unless you really took forever
>>
>>64717896
damn
>>
>>64720292
I have a full time job, but I can play it everyday during spring/summer/fall. Play 9 holes in the twilight hours for $8. I recently discovered this last year, and I played so much that my handicap improved tenfold.
>>
File: 1336076474273.jpg (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1336076474273.jpg
55KB, 250x250px
Have you ever actually went golfing, OP? Sure there are rich pricks at country clubs and shit, but at public courses it's usually cool dudes looking to get away from their wives.

I've been playing for 15 years at all kinds of private and public courses and I've only ran into a few assholes.
>>
>>64720292
I'm working class and I still find time to play you don't have to play a full 18 hole course every time you go out, don't get me wrong it's nice when you can get the chance but 9 is just as fine as well. For me it's not so much about getting better at golf or seeing how well I do, it's more for the experience and just chilling with friends. Honestly if I think about it I think I still could manage to golf at least 2 times a week on 18 hole courses even with working.
>>
>tfw local course shut down and is being bulldozed for mcmansions
>>
Same applies for all single-player, non-team sports. I grew up a bowler, and the kids (that turned into adults) that took it seriously were all insufferable
>>
Too expensive for blacks.
>>
Golf is just a poor mans version of Polo
>>
>>64718077
>40 degree heat

That's p cold m8. He was just looking out for your health.
>>
File: spiethdisdain.jpg (41KB, 750x488px) Image search: [Google]
spiethdisdain.jpg
41KB, 750x488px
>>
It's for patricians who are too lazy for tennis.
>>
>>64717896

Fantastic, you never let me down.
>>
>>64717896
God Damn 10/10 ahahaha
>>
File: pxg-wedges-847.jpg (101KB, 850x469px) Image search: [Google]
pxg-wedges-847.jpg
101KB, 850x469px
who /pxg/ here?
>>
>>64717896
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0b7CsceMQqC
>>
>>64719167
>bogans can't into golf etiquette

Color me surprised.
>>
>>64720263
this guy gets it
>>
>>64720326
this. Ignorant people watch Caddy Shack and assume everyone who golfs is an old asshole. However, the majority of people who play on municipal courses are redneck bros.
>>
>>64721876
Can confirm. I'm on a golf team and all of us are young rich rednecks.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.