[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that this was a thing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: UnitedStatesFootballLeague.png (95KB, 497x200px) Image search: [Google]
UnitedStatesFootballLeague.png
95KB, 497x200px
Reminder that this was a thing.
>>
>>64705273
Just read about it. A pity it didn't work, a greater pity it's logical successor was XFL.

I love this whole thing of multiple leagues with different rules but mobility between them, in terms of players and staff.

>you know motorsport is comfy when this happens in sportscar racing without rivalries and with cooperation between parts
>>
they committed suicide when they went from spring league to direct NFL competitor. a spring league would only be great for the sport.
>>
>>64706603
>>64706371
Fuck Trump
>>
and people still want to elect Trump...
>>
>>64706805
>>64706833
BUILD WALL
U
I
L
D

W
A
L
L
>>
File: 1450910254026.jpg (23KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
1450910254026.jpg
23KB, 300x220px
>>64706864
>he unironically thinks a wall will make his country better
>>
i mean as much as i would love to give trump 100% blame there were other factors that went into this league flaming out
>>
>>64707025
True they were slowly declining. However that would be like killing your 70 year old Grandpa then saying that he was going to die in 10 years anyways.
>>
>>64707025
well Trump was the biggest supporter of fall games for the USFL.

>USFL moves to the fall
>Pretty much every team already in an NFL city folds
>USFL folds

I'm fine with blaming Trump.
>>
>>64707094
>>64707292

i think the owners being too big for their britches by giving all these players way too much money and expecting unrealistic returns and being flat broke within 3 years is just as big a problem as trump was if not bigger.
>>
>>64707387
You can get owners who aren't retarded. They were building a decent sized fanbase in the spring and were growing more and more popular. Not only did Trump fuck them over by becoming a direct competitor of the NFL but after he announced the lawsuit all the owners began to spend and plan as if they were going to win. While they did end up winning they got no money out of it so they were forced to close. I would say it was about 85% Trumps fault.
>>
>>64707292
worked for the AFL
>>
>>64708035
Difference is that the AFL wasn't being run by a guy who had a beef with the NFL because he couldn't buy a team.
>>
>>64706805
Trump walked past me at CPAC this year. The hallway was very crowded and his body guards had him stop right next to me. We made eye contact. I don’t know how or why my reflex was this, but as soon as our eyes met, I aggressively pointed at him and screamed “YOU KILLED THE USFL!!”
He looked completely bewildered and was about to respond but his body guards whisked him away.
>>
People love to reminisce about the USFL and whine that the NFL's a monopoly, but then whenever a new league tries to come around, no one watches or goes, and all you hear is
>hurrr don't wanna watch a bunch of scrubs when da NFL on
>>
>>64708185
Mostly because they try stupid gimmicks. Except for a few things the USFL was the same as an NFL game. Arena League is a joke by comparison
>>
>>64708259
The UFL was almost entirely the same and people shit on it because it didn't have familiar players.
>>
>>64708329
>4 teams
>6 Games a year
>Las Vegas, Bay Area, Orlando

No wonder the league folded
>>
>>64708094
What about Al Davis?
>>
>>64708035
AFL existed in an era where the NFL was smaller and not as popular/prolific as in the '80s
>>
if only the teams were owned by a bunch of john bassett clones then maybe they would still be alive today
>>
>>64708259
xfl was fun though
>>
>>64710397
Extremely fun. Absolutely stupid, but fun. However, if it was around today, it would be on it's last legs. There's no way that style of football could exist in this social climate.
>>
>>64710465
wwe still exists
>>
Trump killing the USFL was an inside job on behalf of the NFL
just like he's killing the GOP on behalf of the Democrats
>>
>>64710465
Never underestimate the capacity of the plebs to like rigged and stupid stuff.

>is "He hate me" the gayest sentence on sports?
>also, what was the meaning of that?
>>
>>64710565
why are you typing like that
>>
>>64710323
Also all but two AFL teams were outside of NFL markets
>>
>>64710591
I'm quoting.
>>
File: 1259763383870.jpg (63KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1259763383870.jpg
63KB, 400x300px
>>64710554
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.