[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes aside, who really should win MVP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 18

File: image.jpg (135KB, 651x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 651x490px
Memes aside, who really should win MVP?
>>
>>64689643
Neither of these memes
>>
Neither.

>Cam Newton will play the Prob Owl
>Tears will be delicious
>>
Jim Bob Cooter because he made it this long in life with that name without killing himself.
>>
Newton's penis is way more valuable because he actually uses it to fuck unlike Wilson.
>>
Seriously not Wilson though
>>
Cam will win. 15-1 is a good enough argument. I'm and us 12 btw.
>>
>>64689803
Also this doesn't show Cam's rushing TDs. Wilson had one iirc.
>>
File: Panthers_Cam_Newton_2013.jpg (30KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
Panthers_Cam_Newton_2013.jpg
30KB, 576x324px
>>64689643
Cam is going to win. Cam Should win. Cam earned the MVP and it's not even close.
If you think the quarerback with the best stats should be the MVP every year then you are retarded.
It's Most VALUABLE Player. Cam has contributed the most to his team's season this year. That's why he is going to win. Accept it you faggot
>>
>>64689855
Not even a Panthers fan but this is objectively the truth.
>>
>>64689803
>>64689855

>falling for the record meme
>>
>>64689940
even if they would have lost all of those really close games, as long as cam didn't fail the team, like the defense failed them, Cam would still be in the MVP running. He was the most important player on the field everytime the panthers offense went down the field
>>
Carson Palmer tbhlad
>>
>>64689643
>Nobody believes that a Panthers Seahawks divisional should decide it.
This is the only way.
>>
>>64690084

What were the rushing yards/tds?

desu neither of them should win

>dual threat meme qbs
>>
>>64689643
>cam newton
>at one point had the same stats as kaep
nty gg
>>
>>64689643
Cam numbers seem kind of average, but his ground game isn't accounted on thos stats
>>
Search your feelings, you know it to be true
>>
>>64690439
he's not a leader or versatile
>>
>>64690477

but he is white
>>
do people just ignore the panthers SOS?

its the weakest of all the playoff teams
>>
>>64690543
This.
To be honest Wilson had a shit first half of the season, he shouldn't win.

The list should be Cam, Brady, Palmer and then Wilson.
>>
Cam Newton is not the same quarterback that he was after the victory in Green Bay. Maybe it was his receivers actually catching the fucking ball (Devin Funchess) or Cam Newton just hit that elite switch but its crazy how much he has improved from one half of the season to the other.

First Half of the season
Completion percentage-53.85
Yards-1820
Touchdowns (pass and rush)-17
interceptions-9

2nd half
Completion percentage-67.24
yards-2,663
touchdowns-26
interceptions-1
I know Kirk Cousins and Russell Wilson have improved from the first half of the season to the 2nd half but nobody mentions how much Cam Newton has evolved before our very eyes. As a Panther fan it is very exciting to see our franchise quarterback take the next step but he has blown away expectations.

Cam is very deserving of MVP because he practically guarantees a first down on 3rd and short situations and first and goal. He is extremely versatile in his ability to exploit the weakness of the defense and making them pay for it.
>>
>>64690586
what does that have to do with Cam being the most valuable player?
>>
>>64690586
The Patriots and Panthers both played the NFC East and AFC south. The only difference is that Carolina played Seattle and Green bay and New England played Denver and Pittsburgh. New England lost to Miami, New York, Philadelphia and Denver. Carolina only lost to Atlanta. You play who you are scheduled to play. Carolina simply played more consistent.
>>
>>64689643
My choice between the two? The non-manlet, obviously.
>>
>>64690130

>Wilson

Att: 103
Att/G: 6.4
Yds: 553
Avg: 5.4
Yds/G: 34.6
TD: 1
Lng: 24
1st: 31
1st%: 30.1
20+: 3
40+: 0
FUM: 4

>Newton

Att: 132
Att/G: 8.2
Yds: 636
Avg: 4.8
Yds/G: 39.8
TD: 10
Lng: 47
1st: 56
1st%: 42.4
20+: 3
40+: 1
FUM: 4
>>
Just give it to cam.
>>
>>64689643
The one that isnt a manlet
>>
File: 1434317902012.png (993KB, 741x762px) Image search: [Google]
1434317902012.png
993KB, 741x762px
Brady had a better year on a worse team than both. This is a fact.
>>
>>64689643
Alex Smith
>>
File: Brady.jpg (235KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Brady.jpg
235KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>64689855
>le cake schedule man
>le carried by defense man

can't wait for the niggercats to get booted out of the playoffs
>>
>>64690723
>Brady had a better year
No he didn't Cam has 45 touchdowns and brady has 39. He couldn't even score against the dolphins
>on a worse team
seriously this is debatable. New England has had a top 6 defense this year. Hell, Brandon Lafell started on the panthers. He isn't even the 4th option on that team.
>This is a fact
No it's not. Patsfags being obnoxious cucks is a fact. Enjoy losing in Denver while brady breaks his leg. All the while Seattle or Carolina go to the super bowl.
>>
>>64689643
Kirk Cousins senpai desu
>>
>>64690684

some more stats

>Wilson

Att: 483
Comp: 329
Pct: 68.1
Att/G: 30.2
Yds: 4,024
Avg: 8.3
Yds/G: 251.5
TD: 34
TD%: 7.0
Int: 8
Int%: 1.7
Lng: 80T
20+: 60
40+: 9
Sck: 45
SckY: 265
Rate: 110.1

>Newton

Att: 495
Comp: 296
Pct: 59.8
Att/G: 30.9
Yds: 3,837
Avg: 7.8
Yds/G: 239.8
TD: 35
TD%: 7.1
Int: 10
Int%: 2.0
Lng: 74T
20+: 52
40+: 10
Sck: 33
SckY: 284
Rate: 99.4
>>
Antonio Brown is the most valuable nigger this year.
>>
>>64689643
Does Cam really have 10 fucking rushing TDs? Or am I looking at the stats wrong.
>>
>>64690787
>Le cake schedule man
Can you niggers at least try to read. I already explained this shit. Carolina and New England both play the AFC south and NFC East. They play their division games. Carolina plays Seattle and Green Bay and New England plays Pittsburgh and Denver. They both play very similar schedules yet Carolina has the better record.
>le carried by defense man
Peyton may have been carried by Denver's defense but Cam has not. Carolina is second in the league in scoring. You can't be carried by the defense if you're putting points on the board consistently. (30 points a game)
Please take your ass back to reddit. only they use le like a retard.
>>
>>64690895
Yes. Cam Newton has 35 passing touchdowns and 10 rushing. Has anyone ever done this?
>>
>>64690900
still didn't refute my points, faggot cuck
>>
>>64690842
>more picks
>lost more fumbles
>against worse opposition
>seriously trying to make the dolphins game a big deal when Brady was hurt
>I mean seriously youre trying to say he played a horrible game and didnt pad his stats at all and despite that hes still better than Cam so it should be a big black mark against him

And no, worse team is not debatable. The Panthers defense is much better to begin with, and the Pats were wrecked by injuries. Maybe if the Pats offense is healthy you can try and make that argument but otherwise gtfo

God damn you Panther fans are stupid. One good year and all of a sudden you crawl out of the woodwork.
>>
Based Brady
>>
>>64690750
lol just a month ago people were saying he should be mvp. those people sure got quiet.
>>
>>64690895
>>64690912

He tied Steve Young's record of 43 this last week.

Young did it in 169 games played, Cam did it in 78.
>>
>2nd most passing TDs
>2nd most rushing TDs, 1st among QBs
>45 total TDs
>1st in wins
>not the MVP

>2011
>not voting Cam Newton as your NFL MVP
ISHYGDDT
>>
Let's see. A team that went 9-7 QB and made wildcard, or the team that went 15-1 QB.

Palmer > Wilson too.
>>
>>64690842
>Hell, Brandon Lafell started on the panthers

Do you want him back?
>>
>>64690895
Only QB in NFL history with two seasons with 10+ rushing TDs. He had 14(All-time Record) in 2011 and 10 this year.
>>
>>64689643
Cam should win Wilson had more help. When Kelvin Benjamin tore his ACL earlier this year I was sure the panthers were dead but Cam carried the team. Without Cam the panthers are a lottery pick team the seahawks would probably still make the playoffs without Wilson.
>>
Probably Newton. Wilson was getting some statpadding late in the year.
>>
>>64690684
Looking at these stats it sounds like Newton was a ball hogging faggot who just rushed for a TD whenever his team got in range.

"MVP" my ass.
>>
>>64691204
Yes, lets award the QB who can't throw.

He's a QB, not a running back. Rushing TDs are fancy and all that but his arm, where it actually counts, is lacking.
>>
>>64691400
>lets award the QB who can't throw

>Cam has 35 passing TDs
>literally only one less passing TD than league leader Tom Brady

>(You)
>>
>>64689643
>back in the day Newton was a backup QB for Teboq
>>
>>64691400
how do you not understand that the MVP award is not the award for best QB. It's the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. That does not mean best QB. Cam is the most valuable player for his team. You can't be this stupid
>>
File: 1451939251031.png (165KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1451939251031.png
165KB, 380x285px
>>
>>64691321
Yes having the 4th easiest schedule in the league sure isnt helping your stats at all is it.

Must be hard to up agains such tough competition as the Buccaneers, Saints and Falcons...
>>
>>64691933
>He thinks being the MVP doesnt equal being the best at the only position you play

Really? REALLY?!

"He's deserves the MVP"

"He's not even the leader at his position"

"But he's the best!"

you stupid nigga, you stupid...
>>
Brady has deserved every MVP since 2011. He has done more with less ever since then
>>
>>64692342

>uk bandwagon pats fan

Pls go
>>
>>64692501
hes right, patriots offense is the least talented in the nfl counting all their injuries. If Brady could have kept pace it would be a different story.
>>
>people still think Brady should be MVP
>losing 4 of your last 6
>>
>>64690598
>To be honest Wilson had a shit first half of the season

To be honest Wilson had the worst o-line in the league for the first half of the year and still played better than average.
>>
1. palmer
2. smiff
3. ted ginn
4. fitzpatrick (assuming everyone got their votes in before week 17)
5. peyton because it's peyton
>>
>>64689855
>If you think the quarerback with the best stats should be the MVP every year then you are retarded.

Tell that to the voters then. Cause we all know JJ Watt is a top 5 mvp candidate every fucking year

Last year he should of won. Hell this year you can argue.

Gronk should of been mvp at least once in the past 5 years. Brown should be mvp this year.

This qb shit has to end. It's so bias.
>>
Cam. Wilson has had a solid team since day 1 and gets all the credit. Cam at least had to endure the shit years and finally made a great season. Wilson wouldn't be shit without the Seahawks stacked roster senpai.
>>
>>64690854
would you happen to have the number of rushing touchdowns or rushing yards each one has?
>>
>>64692984
>How many DPOY does seahawks have?
>Both qb endorsed stacked defensive teams
>you dingus.
>Cam endorsed a good running game with steve smith and greg olsen.
>Wilson just got Lynch
>>
>>64692501
hes from straya you cunt
>>
>>64689643
But American /sp/ told me that QB was a white mans position because it require intelligence.
>>
>>64689855
So then the best player on the best team should always be mvp

suck your own dick and then kill yourself
>>
>>64692984
You do realize that the MVP is a yearly contrst, and not a multi year contest, right?
>>
>>64692561
>least talented
Let's not get over zealous
They're pretty bad, but i dont think they're the least talented
>>
>>64691107
False equivalency argument. A lot of Steve Young's games were coming off the bench to help Montana, so he didn't legitimately get to be the man until deep into his career and Montana moved on.
>>
>>64690627
think about it

what does a weak schedule mean.......... hmmmm.......
>>
>>64690842
yeah Ladrop sucks now, thats part of the problem

he forgot how to hold onto the ball
>>
>>64689855
Carolina could've gone 15-1 (or better) with like 10 different QBs. If they didn't have Josh Norman or Kuechly there's MAYBE 1 or 2 other guys that could replace each of them. You can argue that Brady deserve the MVP, but Cam isn't even the most important player on his own team.
>>
>>64690842
>No he didn't Cam has 45 touchdowns and brady has 39
Holy fuck that is the stupidest argument ever, but if you want to compare general stats:

>Total Yards
Brady: 4823
Newton: 4473

>Touchdowns
Brady: 39
Newton: 45

>Turnovers:
Brady: 8
Newton: 14

>Completion%
Brady: 64.4%
Newton: 59.8%
>>
>>64695556
Al Udeid anon?
>>
>>64689743
Lmao
>>
>>64696084
pretty similar stats

which had the better record?
>>
>>64696862
>using a team stat to compare QBs
>>
>>64693053
>cam
>Steve smith

never go full retard
>>
>>64696862
Their records are pretty similar as well, given your liberal sense of similarity. And since record is a team achievement, while individual stats are a personal achievement, we shall agree and give the edge to Brady, based wholly on your considerations.
>>
Okay so now record and wins are a team accomplishment when Brady is NOT winning the mvp argument, but they matter when comparing rings to Peyton?

Man patsfags are the stupid mother fuckers
>>
>>64696018
>could have
kill your fucking self
>>
>>64696084
>rushing yards/game
>yards/rush
>game winning drives
>stats when trailing in the 4th

sure is cherry picking
>>
>Earl Thomas
>Kam Chancellor
>Richard Sherman
>Bobby Wagner
>Michael Bennet
>Marshawn Lynch
>Jimmy Graham
>Thomas Rawls
>Tyler Locket

Wilson is on a stacked team and has arguably the best defense in the league (it's only competition being Denver).
Xirattle fans talk about Carolina's D as if it's good. New Orleans, New York scored 30+ on them. Cam and the offense (literally compose of himself and Olsen) are the only thing that will keep the team competitive in the playoffs.
>>
>>64689643
Tom Brady
>>
>>64689643
Well, if you selec just the stats that make Wilson look better, I guess Wilson.

If you look at what Wilson meant to his team this year, and what Newton meant to his team this year, and decide who was more valuable, it's gotta be Newton.

This takes nothing away from the accomplishment that Wilson had, turning his team around and getting them into the playoffs. But what Newton has done with his Who receivers and his leadership of his team is phenomenal.
>>
>>64689743
I want him to start a support group with Dick Trickle.
>>
>>64690586
>records don't matter
>instead you have to determine strength of schedule, which is done by looking at the records... that is, the records of the teams, not the record of... I mean... I guess we need to factor in the records of the teams played by the team with the good record I want to discount...
>Wait, I am stupid and my premise makes no sense
>>
>>64691062

Still should be. Threw the most touchdowns and lead a top scoring offense with the worst injury plague i've ever seen.
>>
>>64690900
>Carolina is second in the league in scoring.
Actually, after last weekend, they are first.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=SCORING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2015&seasonType=REG
>>
>>64697167
>Rushing stats matter for QB's
If that was the case Vick would have an MVP.
>>
>>64692625
Depends on how you define "value," I guess. Anybody that leads the Patriots into the toilet at the end of the year is OK in my book...
>>
>>64690895
Yeah he likes running sneaks at the 1 unlike most QBs.
>>64695556
Young playing with Tampa for a min also doesn't help that.
>>64691204
His rushing touchdowns are mostly just him being greedy at the goaline where other QBs hand off or throw fades.
>>
>all these white "people" mad that cam is the MVP

kek get cucked
>>
File: vikings face palm.png (138KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
vikings face palm.png
138KB, 700x875px
>>64692959
>should of
>cause
>It's so bias

Little early in the day to be this drunk, man.
>>
Odell Beckham Jr.
>>
>>64695556
Career records are like that. What it means is that Newton is going to DESTROY these records because he is very talented AND started early in his career.

If he winds up being as good or better than Young, that's not a bad position to be in.
>>
>>64691204
That's an indictment of Stewart and Williams vs Propping up Cam.
>>
>>64696018
They did OK without Kuechly for a stretch there.

Luke is a great player, and contributes a lot to that team, but the argument of what might have happened without him is somewhat undercut by the fact of what DID happen without him. They kept winning.
>>
>>64691933
The MVP is the award for the AP's chosen QB/RB of that season. So look up who is getting their dick sucked the most by the associated press and you got the MVP
>>
>>64696994
>individual stats are a personal achievement
You'll have to drop all the passing stats then. Last I looked, passing stats sort of have something to do with the receiver.

And the line. And the play calling. And the defense.

Fuck. other than "came to meetings on time, and did not carpool," which is not an official stat, I'm having a hard time thinking of a truly individual stat in football.
>>
>>64689643
I fucking despise Cam Newton to the point that I'd kneecap his ass if I ever saw him irl.

That said, there's literally no one else in the league who comes close to meaning as much to his team and as in individual in shaping the current team standings as him. You take him out, Carolina might win five games, and the entire playoff picture would be different. Love or hate him, you can't deny the influence his play has had.
>>
Brady had the award wrapped up at midseason and let it slip through his fingers. Any argument for Brady was deflated as soon as the Pats lost 4 of 6 to close the season. He also failed to tie the record for most seasons with 5000+ passing yards.
>>
>>64702109
>His rushing touchdowns are mostly just him being greedy at the goaline where other QBs hand off or throw fades.

I am literally amazed that, with this level of retardation, you are nonetheless able to successfully use a computer.
>>
>>64702032
I would give the MVP to Romo. Because he is clearly the most valuable player this season Cowboys dropped from 12-4 to 4-12 (Romo 3-1) with his injury.
>>
>>64702214
I have carwfully looked at the record of the Cowboys this season, and at no point were they 12-4. So you are doing what we call "Making Shit Up." What might have maybe happened possibly if what actually happened didn't happen is a fun game, it is not a compelling argument.

Is Romo valuable to the Cowboys? Sure. Did he earn MVP by getting injurred and not playing on a team that did not make the playoffs? Don;pt be silly. Fuck, I didn't start at QB for any NFL team this year, and I am pretty confident any team I might have started on would have gone 0-16. That does not make me MVP.
>>
is the mvp always a qb?
>>
>>64696084
>that is the stupidest argument ever
Seriously stupidest? that is the equivalent of fo shizzle my nizzle being a word. least intelligent would have been far better to use acquaint your distaste of my argument.
>Total yards
This is a meme state. You can pass for 400 more yards but if you score less then that means nothing. Yards have never won games. Points have.
>total touchdowns
Cam has 6 more points which is the most important stat. This has correlated with Cam Newton winning more games. That and Cam has less garbage time stats then Brady. Cam has been taken out of 4th quarter several times this year. Hell against Atlanta he was taken out 2 minutes left of the third.
>turnovers
Brady has 6 less but Carolina has the least amount of points scored on them on turnovers which lessens the blow.
>Completion
another meme stat. Cam's first 8 games he is 53.85. his next 8 games he is 67.24. Cam is not the same player he was his first 8 games. This could be because his targets actually catch the ball since they are responsible for more then half of his interceptions.
>>
>>64702255
You know I meant the previous season, don't play dumb.

And you provided the inverse example. Saying you would make the team worse by playing, that is not valuable. Valuable is you make your team better just by being there, which Romo having 75% of Dallas' wins while only playing 4 games is it.
>>
>>64695328

I have your mom suck my dick for me, pussy
>>
>>64690439
MVP or no, I'm just super fucking happy to see him playing so well again. Never thought I'd see it again after the Kimo von Oelhoffen hit.
>Trojan alum
>>
>>64691196
No I want Kelvin Benjamin back. You overpayed for him. Ginn, Brown, and Funchess are finally catching the ball. (Ginn still drops balls but he has 10 this year)
>>
>>64702277
>56 years
>two co-mvps
>37 QBs (12 since 2000)
>18 RB (3 since 2000)
>3 other (last was in the 80's)
>>
File: 1443505794597.gif (3MB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
1443505794597.gif
3MB, 500x254px
>>64702109
>His rushing touchdowns are mostly just him being greedy at the goaline where other QBs hand off or throw fades.
>This nigga serious?
He is about the most sure thing at the goal line in the league. He is a football player. They want to win. If it means him plowing through linebackers like nigger dick plows your mum then he will plow.
>>
File: edelman-614x512.jpg (82KB, 614x512px) Image search: [Google]
edelman-614x512.jpg
82KB, 614x512px
>Team goes 10-0 with him
>Falls off a cliff without him
>>
>Not Kirk Cousins
>>
I would take Brady..

better stats and he's been doing it with a JV squad full of UDFAs
>>
>>64702384
All I'm saying is if Tom ran his Q sneaks at the goalline as much Cam runs inside the 20 he would have 10 touchdowns too.
>>
>>64702384

>le epic flip and sunglasses meme xDD

Are you 12?
>>
>>64702419
hahaha somebody's got a bad case of the BTFOs ahhahahaha u mad?
>>
>>64702277
No, but players in other positions have to do a lot more to be considered
>>
>>64689855
Fucking this.
t. Packers/Rodgers fan still drinking the tears of MayMay Twatt fans from last year
>>
>>64702483
what does the t mean
>>
>>64689643
Neither of them is Carson Palmer. The Tardinals fell off a cliff without him last year

>>64702386
It wasn't just him, they were doing alright with Gronk and Amendola, but when both of them also went down it was a shit-show, even after they came back. Belichick didn't want to break their knees even more with a postseason berth already on lock, and they got limited snaps, leaving LaDrop and Martin to do the heavy lifting. Also, without Blount and Lewis the running game went to shit, and the O line was in such shambles by that point that even if both of them had avoided injury they would have been effectively nullified by rushing defenders ignoring the unathletic fucks that are supposedly there to block. I never thought I'd miss Vollemer and Solder this much.
>>
As a Panther fan, I think Cam's been one of the best players in the league, but Antonio Brown and maybe even JJ Watt have meant more to their team than Cam has. The record is fantastic, and he's grown exponentially as a passer, but he's played with a fully healthy offense for 14 of the 16 games. I love Cam to death, but I can think of 10 or 15 other quarterbacks who could have just as good records and stats with this team.

Id love to see him win, but I personally think Brown should get it over any of the QBs.
>>
File: spurdo.png (9KB, 528x404px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
9KB, 528x404px
>>64702499
u no wadgg d hoggei? :DDD

t. spudro :DD
>>
>>64702556
>Last year
>Having anything to do with the most valuable player of the 2015 season

Pick one and only one
>>
>>64702411
>All I'm saying is if Tom ran his Q sneaks at the goaline as much Cam runs inside the 20 he would have 10 touchdowns too.
Could have, would have, should have. He didn't. Cam Newton is one of the best goaline threats in the league because of his rare combination of size, speed, and strength. He usually muscles his way in and is very effective.
>>
Doesn't matter who was actually the MVP guys. They'll give it to Cam because he's controversial, black and on the Panthers.

These are the same people who gave Peyton MVP after MVP for stat padding in an atrocious division with an amazing cast around him then choking yearly in the wildcard.
>>
>>64702592
Roethlisberger is the same build and he doesn't do this shit. He, unlike most of the league runs first in the redzone, because he is a ball hog and the Panthers rbs can't stay healthy.
>>
>>64702562
>but he's played with a fully healthy offense for 14 of 16 games
No he hasn't. Kelvin Benjamin has been out all year. We have also had games where Ryan Kalil, corey brown, ted ginn, jonathan stewart, Jerricho cotchery, Andrew norwell, fozzy whittaker, amini silatolu, Fernando velasco, Stephen hill. This is just the offense. The defense is obviously more banged up but to be the #1 scoring offense with so much inconsistency strengthens Cam Newton's argument as MVP
>>
>>64702592
>Cam Newton is one of the best goaline threats in the league because of his rare combination of size, speed, and strength.
Not by a long shot. He's a goalline threat the same way he's a running threat. Defenses can't fully commit to run or pass when he has the ball. That's literally all there is to it. There are plenty of tackles in the NFL who are bigger, stronger, and just as fast, if not faster in the first five yards.
>>
>>64689643
antonio brown
>>
>>64702724
>not by a long shot
Yes he is. Only marshawn lynch and Adrian Peterson have more touchdowns in 5 years then Cam Newton.
>He's a goalline threat the same way he's a running threat.
How is this a bad thing?
>Defenses can't fully commit to run or pass when he has the ball
That is precisely the greatest strength of a dual quarterback. That was what Ron Rivera talked about when drafting Cam Newton. He can beat you with both his arm and his legs. He is what Colin sackorpick and RGknee couldn't become. That rare breed that is not just a terrific runner but a deadly passer that can make you pay.
>That's literally all there is to it.
If he couldn't pass then the defenses could just stack the box and keep him from running because they're not afraid of his arm. He can make the throws and run when he feels that he is at an advantage. You can't take that away from him.
>There are plenty of tackles in the NFL who are bigger, stronger, and just as fast, if not faster in the first five yards.
There may be pass rushers, linebackers, tightends that may be an advantage in those 3 but this is as a runner. He could literally play Tightend, Defensive end, or linebacker if he wanted to and probably be very good at it. He is a great goal line threat because he can literally stretch from the 3 and reach the goalline. He is fast and agile enough to juke players and strong enough to bulldoze his way for extra yards. Watch some panther games and you will all of this.
>here is kap getting no respect in the passing game.
>>
>>64702897
He just turns and throws either side and it is six. They sold out on the safe play being called.
>>
>>64702897
Don't cherry pick bad things ether. Cam is not good inside his own 20
55.4% 2ints 4 sacks
19 runs 3.6 average

Also yeah he is a threat in the redzone with that 2.5 yard average run in the redzone. These are mostly doing a dive over the line.
>>
>>64702746
Come on Hanz name the last WR who won it?
>>
>>64702897
Put down the koolaid.
>Yes he is. Only marshawn lynch and Adrian Peterson have more touchdowns in 5 years then Cam Newton.
So?
>How is this a bad thing?
Never said it was just trying to show your ignorant ass how he's not some super special mix of physicality that makes him a goalline threat, it's that he's a dual threat qb, period.
>That is precisely the greatest strength of a dual quarterback. That was what Ron Rivera talked about when drafting Cam Newton. He can beat you with both his arm and his legs. He is what Colin sackorpick and RGknee couldn't become. That rare breed that is not just a terrific runner but a deadly passer that can make you pay.
It's not that rare of a breed. What's rare is being able to do it, and dumb enough to do it because of how it puts your career at risk. That's the reason dual threat qbs aren't popular in the NFL. It has nothing to do with anyone being dumb enough to think that they can't succeed and everything to do with knowing that if you bank on one, your offense can easily be destroyed on any play. Look at the average career of a running back versus that of a qb, and then tell me how it's smart to try to build around someone who might make it 3-5 years.
>If he couldn't pass then the defenses could just stack the [snip] You can't take that away from him.
Take what away? I specifically mentioned him being dual threat. Fuck me you're retarded.
>There may be pass rushers, linebackers, tightends that may be an advantage in those 3 but this is as a runner.[snip]this.
...you know Cam will never return your love, right?
>>
>>64703055
When is never?
The three non-QB/RB where LT a linebacker, Allen Page a DT, and Mark Moseley a Kicker.
>>
Bernard Pollard will always be th MVP of my heart
>>
>>64702999
>don't cherry pick.
this is exactly what you are doing right now.
>Cam is not good inside his own 20
he has done several 80 yard drives this season. 4 against Seattle alone.
>55.4% 2 ints 4 sacks
considering he has 10 interceptions and 2 of those were in his 20. That doesn't say anything about his stats inside his 20. Hell that whole stat is cherry picking because literally who does stats on QBs in their own 20? Who?
>19 runs 3.6 average.
I guarantee you that those 19 runs were 3 and 1 or 4th and 1 and cam diving for the first. Seriously cherry picking his stats doesn't tell the story. He has been doing this all year.
>Also yeah he is a threat in the redzone with that 2.5 yard average run in the redzone. These are mostly doing a dive over the line.
Seriously what is the point of this? He runs or dives for the touchdown. What would you want him to do go 3 in out? pull a Russell and throw a pick? Stewart get stopped at the line? He scored a touchdown running. Seriously this is basically cherry picking to find a needle in a hay stack and criticize a 20 pound hay stack for having a needle.
>>
>No offense line
>No lynch
>No graham
>Doug Baldwin 36th in targets, tied for 1st in TDs

How is it not Russell?
>>
>>64703079
>So
>He is doing something only a few are doing running back wise much less quarterback. Why is this a good thing.
Why did you even bother replying? So? Seriously you could have not replied and saved yourself from looking like a dick.
>Never said it was just trying to show your ignorant ass how he's not some super special mix of physicality that makes him a goalline threat, it's that he's a dual threat qb, period.
Moron they are not mutually exclusive. The greatest strength of a dual threat quarterback is masking your intentions to a defense. Hell, I remember Cam pulling a fumblerooski on Houston his rookie year for a touchdown. They thought he was running but he faked it and the tightend scored. This is what he brings to the table.
>It's not that rare of a breed.
Moron how many dual threat quarterbacks are still in the league? If you can only run and you don't scare the defense with your arm then you wont be in the league for long. The rest of your argument is tripe because the league runs through quarterbacks like a wet paper towel. Hell, Cleveland has probably went through 20 in 20 years. Elite quarterbacks stay for a long time. Even Michael Vick was in the league and still is. Cam is completely different from Vick because he is a better passer and bigger.
>put down the koolaid
dude nobodies drinking koolaid. You're just spewing nonsense.
>>
>>64703351
I'm sure a team will pick him up. I would love to have him as a Panther.
>>
>>64703909
No idea what you're talking about but you should use the phrase 'cherry picking' less often
>>
>>64702568
You seem to be haeving porblemss.
>>
>>64702610
Peyton is not black.
>>
>>64692959
grammar aside, i agree. every single fucking year it ends up being a QB contest.
>>
>>64704000

He had Rawls for a couple of games but Russell is the real MVP
>>
File: 1415577253082.png (287KB, 328x386px) Image search: [Google]
1415577253082.png
287KB, 328x386px
>>64702291
>if Brady was better, it's a meme stat

>This could be because his targets actually catch the ball
>could be
>COULD BE

You cherry pick which stats "matter", then you defend Newton on his shortcomings. Bias discovered.

Fuck off le top stat analysis man, you literally don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
File: 1451249305967.jpg (942KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1451249305967.jpg
942KB, 1462x1462px
>>64689855

>15-1
>mfw perfection is not for niggers
>>
>>64702386
I thought they more than just him injured at the same time?
>>
>>64702386
>>64704993
Never mind, I just googled it:

Week 12 loss to the Denver Broncos:
WR Danny Amendola
LB Jamie Collins
WR Julian Edelman

Week 13 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles:
Edelman
TE Rob Gronkowski
LB Dont’a Hightower

Week 14 win over the Houston Texans:
Edelman
Hightower

Week 15 win over the Tennessee Titans:
Edelman
FS Devin McCourty

Week 16 loss to the New York Jets:
Amendola
SS Patrick Chung
Edelman
McCourty

Week 17 loss to the Miami Dolphins:
Edelman
Hightower
DE Chandler Jones
OT Sebastian Vollmer

--

Keep in mind, this doesn't excuse their losses, but if you have an old receiver-babby QB who suddenly loses his reliable receivers, I can see trouble for them.
>>
Superbowl victories without cheating:

>Wilson: 1
>Newton: 0
>Brady: lel
>>
>>64690439
Neither Wilson nor Cam have nearly the same amount of talent at the receiver position.
>>
>>64704142
HAHAHA. You can't be more obvious in wanting to slob the Chimp Commander General's knob if you came right out and said it.
>Moron they are not mutually exclusive.
No, they aren't. In this case, the dual threat is what makes him a goalline threat. The most hilarious thing is you keep saying exactly that, but in different words while thinking it somehow supports your slurping on the coalcock.
>>64704142
>Moron how many dual threat quarterbacks are still in the league?
Holy fuck, that's the entire point of the post that you're replying to. There's not that many because they get fucking injured and qb is a position that you need continuity in. Further, most players aren't retards and want to maximize their time in the league.
>rest of argument is tripe
Then why do you keep copying it word for word while putting a retarded spin on it? Let's look at the sentence you thought was somehow intelligent right before this one:
>If you can only run and you don't scare the defense with your arm then you wont be in the league for long.
IF YOU CAN ONLY RUN YOU ARE NOT A *****DUAL****** THREAT QB. Tell me, do you lick windows because you like the taste of windex?
>>
>>64692984
Wilson
>Worst O-Line in the league
>Sacked 45 times
>Best RB on the team injured for the majority of the year
>Second best RB injured for the last 4 games
>Jimmy Graham BTFO
>Receivers are literally whos

Yeah, that offense sure is solid.
>>
>>64704955
>what stats matter and what don't
Dude are you just ignoring my arguments then going full autistic. The game is about putting points on the board and stoping the other team from scoring. Cam Newton has put up more points then Brady. Brady has put up better yards and a higher completion percentage but those stats don't effect the outcome of a game nearly as much. Cam Newton has scored more points. That's the most important statistic. That's like talking to more girls but getting less pussy. It only means something if you achieve the objective.
>>
>>64703909
You showed Kaep struggling inside his 20, I provided Cam's stats in the same situation (they're called splits btw)

80 yard drives are not INSIDE the 20.

No one goes for it that deep unless they are losing.

He was the 31st best running back, that is not an MVP, That's a guy who won't stay in the pocket and is more focused on the highlight reel. That is not sustainable. He WILL get hurt. ALL running QBs breakdown if they want to be the whole offense instead of part of it.

You are just as bad as Pats fans saying "Brady did nothing wrong"
>>
Russell Wilson has a 50/50 chance of getting inducosis

I bet on $cam
>>
>>64706859
Cam got hurt last year.
>>
>>64706010
So by your logic the points leader is the MVP. a Stat which QB's are barred from and kickers lead. Okay.
>>
>>64707116
Yep, and like a 25 year old he bounce back. But he cannot play the style he does now even three years from now and expect to stay healthy and relevant.
>>
>>64705917
>chimp commander
Is the irony of this too much to handle? I have never seen a quarterback get as much dick sucking as tom Brady. Seriously in every thread on sp its about Brady. Even when it has absolutely nothing to do with football. Joe Montana would never have gotten this much dick slurping and he is far superior then Cam and Brady combined.

There aren't even enough elite qbs or even good ones to make it very competitive. Why do you think most teams are hot garbage. Pocket passer or dual threat. Very few qbs workout or last more then 5 years. Hell my favorite QB is Jake delhomme and he fell apart mentally more then physically. He was only in the league for 7 years.

>if you can only run your not a dual threat QB
Colin kaepernick and joe Webb can run but are inaccurate and can't read a defense.

You should try bleach. Just drink until your eyes and tongue pop out. You bitch because my QB is black while your qbs wife fucks black dudes on the regular and likes it. The only thing worse then a cuck is a cuck to a cuck.
>>
>>64707172
>points don't matter
>only what I say matters matters
I'm sick of arguing with patsfags. They are unbearably obnoxious and ignorant. Enjoy Cam Newton winning the MVP while tom Brady tears his acl against Kansas city again.
>>
honestly they need to wait till after the superbowl to crown an MVP

>regular season

whoopity fucking dooo
>>
>>64708619
Joe Webb? The wide Receiver for the Panthers?
>>
>>64708696
>Patsfag
I hate Brady, But Cam doesn't deserve the award.
>>
I could give three shits about dude's race, what I care about is that he's an immature, thieving, piece of shit. That still doesn't have shit to do with my point though. My point is, and shall always be, that he's a goal line threat simply because he's a dual threat. If he weren't so willing to liquify his brain and risk blowing out a knee (hey, RGIII, how's that pro career going? Vick, how are those concussions treating you?), he wouldn't be a goal line threat.
>>
>>64689768
Why do you think Wilson got so good?

He and Ciara took a trip down to Mexico and she conviced him to give her the D.

He came back a changed man
>>
>>64708706
what is the Superbowl MVP?
>losing playoff games
whoopty fucking doo
>>
>>64708719
>the wide receiver of the Carolina panthers
>not watching the last Time green bay and Minnesota played in the playoffs. When ponder was hurt.
He Is also our third string QB and special team ace. Very versatile.
>>
>>64709151
how can a team who loses in the playoffs have an MVP?
>>
>>64708776
Then who does?
>>
>>64709202
And Undefeated in games played on Tuesdays.
>>
>>64709055
That's like saying tom Brady wouldn't have all those touchdowns if his receivers caught the ball. A stupid and meaningless point. He is tied with Steve young for 43 rushing touchdowns. He is doing something right.
>>
Brady was playing with sticks & mud out there to end that regular season.

That said. It's far & away Newton's year.
>>
>>64709234
For my money
>Peterson
>Romo just for the contrast in play with and without
>Brown maybe

Who I think will get it
>Cam or Brady.
Wilson is only in the argument because he is the other running QB in the playoffs.
>>
>>64709287
Yes, he is running the wildcat offense expertly. Who knew putting a Qb number on the running back would work out.
>>
cam newton chimps out all the time, taunts players and fans, has one decent year and you all want to choke on his cock

russell wilson never chimps out, is practically white, has one a super bowl and proven his worth and you guys hate him

HMMMMMM
>>
>>64696982
>endorsED
past tense
>>
>>64709335
>Peterson
honestly if he would have beaten dickersons stats.( he was less then 10 yards from that) then I would agree but his stats aren't good enough.
>Romo
those cowboys would be 8-8 if he played. It is their destiny.
>Brown
his stats are crazy for a Wide receiver but if he had 5 touchdowns and 166 yards more he would deserve it without question.
>who I think will get it
Cam Newton deserves it without question. We wouldn't be 15-1 without him.
>>
>>64709363
>running the wildcat offense expertly
>who knew putting a QB number on the running back would work out
This person has not watched a Carolina Panthers game all year or any year. Watch a Carolina panthers game and learn a thing or two about football in general. Then you can come back and talk with the grown ups.
>>
Cam has something like 34 total td's with 0 turnovers in the redzone this year. That means when his team gets into scoring position he is money. The place that is hardest to score from because defenses can bunch up and make it harder to score is the place he is at his best. How is that not MVP material? No qb has anything close to that redzone efficiency this season. Hell that is probably one of the greatest redzone stat lines of all time.
>>
>>64702187
yeah a and Brady has been throwing to ladrop and literally who + amendola
>>
>>64702562
>10 or 15 other quarterbacks who could be just as good with this team

found the bandwagoner. this offense has been tailor built specifically to accommodate Cam's strengths. You think you could plug Rodgers in and have him run QB power runs right up the gut?
>>
>>64702204
>deflated
underrated post
>>
I hate Scam as much as anyone but he's the rightful MVP this year.
>>
>>64711793
and amendola didnt play the last 2 weeks.
>tfw keyshawn martin is the starting wr for your team
>>
>>64689855
JJ Watt more deserving desu. idk why it's always a QB. MVP is not restricted to the quarterback position.
>>
Andy Dalton
>>
File: 273849294329294.png (11KB, 425x363px) Image search: [Google]
273849294329294.png
11KB, 425x363px
Russell Wilson should win it desu

Night
>>
Considering Russell is literally dating half a man he shouldn't get it.
>>
>5'11''
>6'5''

cam
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.