[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst Local Sports Personalities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
We all have local sportscasters/commentators on the radio, local television stations, on in the papers (I guess blogs these days). It goes without saying at least one of the locals is one of the worst, most ignorant commentators you've ever heard. In this thread, let's enshrine them. Post a little about them.

I start you with central Alabama's resident gambling addict who is very, very terrible at gambling, Lance Taylor. He's the kind of guy that always has to interject obscure sports trivia into everything whether it fits or not, just to show you how much he "knows". He almost lost his wife over a crippling gambling addiction that he now semi-indulges through giving listeners the worst betting advice you've ever heard.

https://twitter.com/TheLanceTaylor
>>
over here in CT we have Rob Dibble as a radio host....he joined on the original radio program as a co-host and the network eventually laid off the real host and gave the show to Dibble....dibble is HORRIBLE.

all he does is find a way to compare EVERYTHING to baseball, literally everything. Someone can call in about milk prices going up and he'll tell you about how that reminds him of the time "he was in the big leagues" and <insert popular player here> rallied the guys in the dugout.

I used to force myself to listen to the garbage (im at work and I drive during his time slot) but now I just don't listen to anything.
>>
>>64648253
https://youtu.be/hxT6YRabzLM
>>
Oh God
Rocky Eriksson. This guy combines that fake ass old radio voice with the annoying northern plains accent and William Shatner pauses.
http://www.northernbroadcasting.com/index.php/our-brands/northern-sports-network/

Fuck me if I ever have to listen to him again.
>>
>>64648253
you seem buttmad about LT. Did you bet your mortgage on one of his locks and get burned? IMO he is as good as all the other talk show hosts who dabble in gambling. They are not pro's or they'd be living in vegas doing it all the time. Besides if you gamble and choose to go on the feelings of someone else, then you deserve to lose.
>>
>>64653081
>implying
Nope. Dude's just an annoying loser who literally cannot talk for more than five minutes without attempting to turn something into a wager. Shit gets old, especially when where I work has it on all the time.
>>
>>64653308
All I know is The Roundtable is way better than Opening Drive. I don't mind the steak bets, I think they are pretty funny. Plus they have guests that give ACTUAL betting information. Really like the Pick 3 during CFB season.
>>
>LA

John Ireland is actually great at the actual play by play calling the action but horrific at everything else. Steve Mason is a fucking retard. Max and Marcellus are only okay sometimes when talking about certain stuff. Mike trudell is harmless and fine

Petros and money are cancer. They think they're edgy for shitting on anything Lakers-related after fox lost Lakers rights. Pure cancer
>>
>>64653638
>RT better than OD
I can't agree harder. I'm a Bama fan and I prefer Del Greco over Barker because at least he has opinions about well...anything.
>>
>>64653870
Matt and Scott is pretty good too, It's just a shame they get a shit time slot. I get a little tired of the Jerry Springer wannabe Finebaum audience calls. Also, as far as CBS sports radion goes, Ferrall on the Bench is terrible when I'm driving late at night. Gio and Jones is not great either.
>>
In Houston it's John Lopez probably. Just awful.

Worst ever though was Josh Innes. So glad that douche is gone.
>>
>>64654047
>I get a little tired of the Jerry Springer wannabe Finebaum audience calls.
This is what actually kind of kills me about the Finebaum show. When he's not playing Springer, it's usually some of the greatest stuff on the air. The dude is an excellent interviewer and back when he was just regional managed to score some ridiculously awesome guests.
>rest of post
I pretty much agree.
Dunaway on the RT...sometimes he annoys me with the whole "let's play nice" thing, but other times, he'll surprise me by saying some of the most cutting shit.
>>
>>64649717

he used to be great co-hosting the Dan Patrick show. don't know how he'd be hosting his own show though
>>
>>64654294
>sometimes he annoys me with the whole "let's play nice" thing
They almost always have to do that to maintain media access to events, imo. You don't get true journalism unless they are big enough to get away with it or if they don't care about not getting media access. Dunaway has to keep a low key because of his real paycheck at WIAT, which is also why he is never critical of Gary adn Verne on the CBS broadcasts.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.