[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that championships belong to cities, not to franchises.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Daily reminder that championships belong to cities, not to franchises. If a team relocates, then that team dies, and their history stays in the city, then a new team is founded in the new city.

Therefore:
- LA have 11 NBA championships from the Lakers' 16. 5 of those belong to Minneapolis
- Oklahoma City have 0 NBA championships, it belongs to Seattle
- San Francisco/Oakland/Golden State have 2 NBA championships, the other 2 belong to Philadelphia
- Philly remain on 3 NBA championships, since one the 76ers won was in Syracuse, who gain a title
- Atlanta have 0 NBA championships, it belongs to St. Louis

- Indianapolis have 1 superb owl, Baltimore have 3
- The Raiders' owls are shared; 2 for Oakland, 1 for LA

+ more I don't know

The only exception to championships belonging to cities is when two franchises share a city. So the New York Jets and New York Giants for example are separate, so are the LA Rams and LA Raiders.

Discuss.
>>
>teams can move across the country and no one minds
Nice 'sports' you got there
>>
>>64643551
/thred
>>
File: 1438891332456.webm (323KB, 562x378px) Image search: [Google]
1438891332456.webm
323KB, 562x378px
>>64643551
This
>>
>>64643551
>most players in the EPL are foreigners
>>
>>64643521
>- Indianapolis have 1 superb owl, Baltimore have 3
All Colts championships belong to Dallas, as the franchise began in the fifties as the Dallas Texans before going bankrupt and moving to Baltimore.

So by your logic, if the Arizona Cardinals win the Super Bowl this year, it belongs to Racine, Wisconsin, since that's where the franchise originated?

Bullshit.
>>
>>64643649

He clearly isn't saying that though. He means whatever city they were in when they won the trophy is the city it belongs to.
>>
>>64643649
You didn't follow the logic. It's not about where the team started. It's where the team was when it won. The Colts starting Dallas is completely irrelevant. Dallas didn't win those titles.

Baltimore don't claim the Colts championship from 2006.
>>
>>64643649
You may be illiterate.
>>
>>64643721
Nah, Anon is confirmed illiterate
>>
>>64643615
That's what happens when more than one country play your sport to be desu senpai
>>
>>64643755
>not limiting foreigners
>>
>>64643649
>Texas education
>>
Are there any hockey examples of this? I don't know anything about hockey.
>>
Shit nigger. Youre retarded.
>>
>>64643521
K
>>
>>64643521
So, are you a Celtics fan or salty about the colts?
>>
>>64643521
But that's wrong. The franchise owns the titles not the city. Only cites like Baltimore pitch bitchfits and claim that they keep the titles. You don't see LA claiming the Raiders titles.
>>
>>64644876
It also helps though having Colts wanting absolutely nothing to do with the Baltimore Colts Super Bowl
>>
>The team wins the championship
>The city simply has that teams stadium located in it
>Most of these championships are won in a neutral location

By your shitty logic the host city of the championship should have those titles
>>
>>64645185
All those San Diego and Arizona owls. Try and keep up rest of the nfl.
>>
>>64644827
Knew someone would ask this. I'm not United Statian and I don't have a team, but I'm learning about the game. It's just fucking stupid and causes shit like this >>64644876

>>64645049
If they want nothing to do with it, why don't they just give back their title to Baltimore. Johnny Unitas' nmber is still retired by the Colts, but hated the Indianapolis team.
>>
>>64643551
honestly, this.

also, it's confusing and stupid. i somewhat agree with the op though. to use a european example, i hate how mk dons took wimbledon's history. no. milton keynes is a putrid, made-up club. the reincarnation, afc wimbledon, should have been entitled to the don's history
>>
>>64645685
The Dons actually gave back all the history, trophies, etc. a bit later. For a few years the owner was "blah blah blah we bought it it's ours", then he relented.
t. guy who lived in milton keynes when the Dons came
>>
>>64643551
I can't speak for most people but I would stop following my team if they moved. Especially if it's for a shit reason like taxpayer money not paying for a billionaires new stadium.
>>
File: gabi huezilian.jpg (155KB, 1580x868px) Image search: [Google]
gabi huezilian.jpg
155KB, 1580x868px
>>64643521

>muh home team wants more money/pay less taxes and moves to the other fucking coast
>I still support them like the cuck I am

Do Americans really do this?
>>
>>64646574
Not really, the Dodgers and Giants Baseball teams don't have many New York Fans.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.