[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people on /sp/ right now who care about futbol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

>there are people on /sp/ right now who care about futbol
>>

∆ ∆
>>
I seriously sometimes wonder why the fuck people care about soccer when there's hockey instead. Literally WHY would anyone choose the former? They are literally the same thing with the same objectives, except:

>Hockey is faster paced
>Hockey has less diving
>Hockey has less corruption
>Hockey has less games botched by referees
>Hockey has more technology

I seriously just quit watching soccer as soon as I got into hockey.
>>
>>64628439
Whats keeping you from watching then?
>>
>>64628467

What?

I said I stopped watching soccer when I got into hockey.
>>
>>64628499
My bad m80, must have read that wrong
>>
>>64628439
I can't understand that. Hockey is just soccer with real men and on ice. And what do you know, that was enough to make it interesting.
>>
>>64628439
Because scoring in hockey is confined to certain channels or just sheer dumb luck, in football it's much more open.

Also football is 90 minutes, is played with virtually no equipment, and the very low scoring guarantees that every goal means a fuckton. Which is why I get so confused why the NHL is so worried about scoring, the less there is, the more significant every goal is. fucking low attention span american audiences
>>
>>64628439
let not forget legal ass beatings.
>>
>>64628542
CANADA IS GETTING UPSET
>>
>>64628542
Surely we can agree that there's a grey area between NBA scores which mean nothing and a sport in which it's not unheard of for a game to end with nobody having scored?
>>
>>64628570
Wow that's really terrible bait
>>
>>64628542

>fucking low attention span american audiences
>Canada has a fucking holiday dedicated to hockey

lel
>>
File: 1451681420401.jpg (25KB, 420x309px) Image search: [Google]
1451681420401.jpg
25KB, 420x309px
>>64628542
>football
>>
>>64628549
More like a masterful art skillfully displayed by elite players like top snipar John Scott, captain and leader of the Pacific All-Star Team for 2016
>>
>>64628542
all of that would be fixed if the NHL just increased rink sizes
>>
>>64628439
I like both sports a lot, but I will argue there are significantly more bullshit goals in hockey.
>>
>>64628745
Define "bullshit goal"
>>
>>64628833
whacky bounces (prob at least once a game), shit ice slowing the puck up unexpectedly (rangers vs Caps last playoffs), weird physics from different boards (Barclays Center, Prudential Center's stanchions), etc.

Like I said I like both sports, but on the whole I feel soccer goals are "earned" more often (PKs aside obviously)
>>
>>64628620
Goalless draws are the price you pay for the thrill of football.

Going into a match realizing there's actually no guarantee a goal is going to be scored make it that much more special when it is scored.

If you're a true supporter of your team and aren't just watching for entertainment, goalless draws can be some of the most exciting and tense matches
>>
>>64629006
>prob at least once a game
This is all the confirmation I need that you don't really watch hockey.

Rangers-Caps didn't have any of that. You're thinking of Kings-Rangers.
>>
>>64629098
Lol ok. I watch approximately 3/4 of my teams regular season games and the entirety of the playoffs every year.

The puck was cleared by the Caps and sat at the blue line because it hit a soft spot in the ice due to the Eric Clapton concert the night before at MSG. That was bullshit, and I hate the caps.
>>
>>64628542
in football scoring is so rare that lucky bounces often decide a game

I fully get that more scoring makes it less worthwhile but I think hockey has close to the perfect balance. basketball is boring because it's 200 goals a game but in hockey every goal counts yet still one or even two lucky goals per game and you can still say "if you werent good enough to account for a lucky goal you didn't deserve to win"

that's just me but really I think goals are TOO IMPORTANT in futbol
>>
>>64628439
why not watch both?

I prefer soccer to hockey but hockey is a very close second. There are a lot of reasons anyone could cite for why one sport is better than another.
>>
>>64629453
But they are really rarely just lucky bounces in football
>>
>>64628745
I think the less you understand hockey the more you claim bullshit goals

one team ia pressuring the net getting shots off and one bounces in. a novice says luck goal yet someone who understands the game says good pressure and hard work paid off
>>
>>64629486
they are though. maybe not direct deflections like you see in hockey but a turned posession in neutral zone due to bad pass etc.
>>
>>64629605
teams that press in the midfield are the ones that take advantage of that, but there's almost always an aerial duel or first touch involved.

the shape of the ball itself is meant to make its bounces predictable, unlike a puck that has some pretty drastic angles on it
>>
>>64629202
>3/4 is a lot
Stay casual.
>>
>>64629890
I'm not saying pressure isn't rewarded and deserved, just that one bad play often has too drastic consequences for my taste
>>
>>64630000

in comparison to hockey though its negligible
>>
>>64630000
Nice quads my dude
>>
File: 1407414092640.jpg (237KB, 500x511px) Image search: [Google]
1407414092640.jpg
237KB, 500x511px
>there are people who unironically live in finland
>>
>>64630622
But in finland everyone does rally and motocross and gets drunk, seems pretty cool
>>
>>64630769

>Seems pretty cool

Correction that is badass...
>>
>>64630769
>-50°C
>nothing to do besides drinking to dead
>all people look inbred
>ugly as shit language
>next to russia
>>
>>64630430
not really. in hockey a comeback 3 goals behind is business as usual not comeback of the century
>>
>>64630840
thanks to global warming our winters are like -2c
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.