[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, how do we fix the big* ten** conference?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: big10_logo_detail[1].gif (7KB, 574x257px) Image search: [Google]
big10_logo_detail[1].gif
7KB, 574x257px
Now that the dust has settled, how do we fix the big* ten** conference?

*Conference is not big.
**Conference does not have 10 teams.
>>
Kill it with fire
>big 10 will always be a wannabe SEC
>same boring offenses without the quality players
>>
>>64622147
if you wanted quality, why not just watch the nfl?
>>
Wait until global warming makes the nigs move North and gives the midwest a bigger stable of recruits
>>
This is a bait thread.
>>
>>64622162
NFL is boreball ... See earlier comment about boring offense
>for the record I hate how the SEC plays too, they just have the best players so it holds up against the rest of the ncaa
>>
>>64622147
>big 10 will always be a wannabe SEC

For football? Yes.
For basketball? We're a wannabe ACC, and the SEC is garbage.
For academics/actually being universities? Nobody wants to be the SEC. The bottom universities from any power conference are better than all SEC schools minus Vandy, Florida, and A&M. And the mid-tier schools from any conference are better than all SEC schools except Vandy.
>>
>>64622220
>implying
at least offenses in the nfl have more variety, college teams run the same 4 or 5 plays on offense with the occasional fake punt meme play thrown in
>>
>>64622234
Student athlete
>choose one
>>
>>64622303
College teams in the SEC and big 10... Yes
>you have to look outside these conferences for fresh and exciting offense
>>
>>64622234
The SEC schools all buy in to the strategy that it's better to be good at one specific thing than okay at everything. So Ole Miss has accounting, Auburn has the vet school, Florida has tax law, etc.
>>
>>64622363
Good offesne or bad defense? Little 12 and Meme 12 are high school tier
>>
>>64622162
No team in my state.
>>
>>64622397

This is common nationwide you idiot

schools tend to have at least one good program
>>
B1G has 2 elite blue bloods (OSU and UM) and 2 superior/perennial contender types (MSU and WISC) the rest are basically trash.

SEC has 1 true blue blood (BAMA) and a couple programs a half tier below (LSU/Auburn/Florida and maybe even Tennessee)

The difference is that programs like Illinois, Penn St, Minny and even Purdue used to be extremely competitive.

Those days are long gone.
>>
>>64622432
I'd rather see a shootout than a 7-3 "defensive struggle"
>>
>>64622510
>tfw Illinois fan
>tfw not born a century earlier so I could enjoy our dominance as the team everyone feared during the 20's
>tfw our last title is from 40+ years before I was born
>tfw the highlight of being an Illini fan during my life was being B1G co-champions in 2001/getting stomped in the 2002 sugar bowl

Kill me
>>
File: sby.jpg (9KB, 191x300px) Image search: [Google]
sby.jpg
9KB, 191x300px
>>64622510
>2 superior/perennial contenders (MSU and WISC)
>2 elite blue bloods (OSU and UM)
So you named the 3 teams that won meh bowl games this year against really ND, b/c the other two are horrible, and yet every other team in conference gets BTFO, ok so why aren't all these teams have more wins against there shit competition, btw MSU got BTFO and is on suicide watch after that shitshow of a game they actually aired, good thing everyone was out getting drunk.
>>
>>64622234
>Nobody wants to be the SEC
the big 12 does
>>
>>64623514
Can somebody translate this for me? I'm not even a fucking grammar nazi but fuck this is tough to wade through
>>
File: pogba.jpg (31KB, 594x401px) Image search: [Google]
pogba.jpg
31KB, 594x401px
>>64623514
literally wat m8?
>>
>>64623577
Sorry I went to OSU, I'm an athlete not a mathlete.
>>
>>64622397
>/sp/
>discussing academics
fucking nerds 2bh
>>
File: utv autism.png (183KB, 1250x1036px) Image search: [Google]
utv autism.png
183KB, 1250x1036px
>>64623661
>people who hate academics are surprised when they make minimum wage
>just because I put some effort into college I now get paid six figures to shitpost 6 hours a day and answer emails/make calls to clients the other 2 hours a day
>>
realign the divisons so that Ohio state and michigan are split and the power balance is evened out. yearly cross division matchup with osu and mich remains, championship game is just another rematch since that matchup is the only worthwhile game in the entire conference
>>
>>64623932
>only logical way to do this is to put both michigan teams in the west and both indiana teams in the east
>free ride for ohio state to the conference championship every year

no thanks.
>>
File: Stanford.png (253KB, 688x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Stanford.png
253KB, 688x1024px
>>64622314
:^)
>>
>>64624990
I like Stanford because I fucking hate Iowa and you guys blew them out yesterday, plus you gave my NFL team Andrew Luck, so I'll be a homer and say you are correct
>>
>>64623770
>decided to not waste thousands of dollars in college

>go to trade school

>become electrician

>literally have to do nothing until something breaks

>no student debt and I can make six figures once I become a master

college cucks on suicide watch
>>
>tfw Purdue student in the post-Tiller era
>tfw don't care about basketball

Kill me.
>>
>>64630219
It's easy to run wires when your 25. What about 50, 55?
>>
>>64622303
>offenses in the nfl have more variety
It's literally the opposite.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.