[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Is there a single thing in the whole world...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1365804640918.jpg (137 KB, 960x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1365804640918.jpg
137 KB, 960x640
Is there a single thing in the whole world of sports as utterly disgusting as a 0-0 tie?

I'm not even saying this to bash soccer. I like the sport, but I simply cannot for the life of me think of anything more despicable than watching 2 hours of literally nobody-- I mean NOBODY scoring or winning.

inb4 hurr durr just a dumb yank that flag this topic durr hurr

Defend the 0-0 tie. Just try to fucking defend it.
>>
Pish posh cheerio you just wouldn't understand the beauty of 22 men having gay sex for 90 minutes.
>>
0-0 doesn't necessarily mean that the strikers were shit, the goalkeepers could have been really good and just not have conceded.
>>
>>64539043
Because football is the beautiful game.

Even with a 0-0 game you win - because you just got 90 minutes of football.
>>
>>64539043
they each got a point and nobody lost
>>
>>64539997
You are a faggot.
>>
>>64539043

Ever watched cricket? I love it but it will rustle your jimmys if 0-0s do.

>play for five days
>game ends in a draw
>>
>>64540120
The sheer length of the game is one reason I just can't bring myself to try and follow cricket. I enjoy what I watch, but to watch an entire match is just daunting.
>>
>>64539043
only thing that comes close is the retarded NFL overtime rules

>if receiving team scores a TD game is over but if they only score a FG then the other team gets a chance

its stupid as fuck. just play an extra 10 minutes
>>
>>64539043
I agree. they should atleast have penalty shootout but you know they won't change that because of tradition.
>>
Germany versus Algeria ended in a 0-0 tie during regulation time and it was one of the best games of 2014 WC (the best one for me)
>>
>>64540214

>have all ties decided by the lottery that is penalty kicks

sit down, convict.
>>
>>64540239

World cup finals can be decided by lottery penalty kicks so why not have them for one of the worst football leagues "epl"
>>
OP just sounds like somebody who doesn't know shit about sports. A 0-0 game in soccer is a competitive fucking game, and is probably better than a lopsided 2-0 game. Same thing in football. What's better a 0-0 game at the half or a 17-0 game?
>>
File: mfwbeserious.jpg (112 KB, 900x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mfwbeserious.jpg
112 KB, 900x600
>>64539043
Weird that you'd think goals are the be all and end all of sport.
Chess matches sometimes end in drws. Is that all for naught, too?
That's a silly non-athlete attitude, my tween friend.
>>
>>64540300
17-0 is better if its my team.
>>
>>64540214
>penalty shootout
the absolute worst thing in all of sport
>>
>>64539043
Why? Why the fuck is everyone here so obsessed with scores? A match can be great without necessarily having a ton of goals, I've seen a lot 0-0 in my life and a lot of them have been great matches.

There can be boring as fuck matches where 1 goal is scored on circumstances or by an stupid mistake, is that better than an actual good game that ends up 0-0?

For fucks sake stop being so obsessed with goals and enjoy the actual game! A goal only last a fraction of a second, a match lasts 90min., learn to enjoy the multiple phases of the game, learn tactics, appreciate technical skills and stop overreacting about a game with no goals.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Thread DB ID: 360162

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.