[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, they care as long as you've got some money. I have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: wtfisthisshit.png (76KB, 400x352px) Image search: [Google]
wtfisthisshit.png
76KB, 400x352px
Well, they care as long as you've got some money. I have struggled with depression and crippling anxiety since I hit puberty (i'm 29 now), only to have it get progressively worse to the point where I finally said I'm going to do something about it. I go to the doctor's office, really nice lady too, and they ask some questions, draw some blood, and proscribe Prozac. I am thinking, cool, maybe I can finally feel live as a normal, productive, less-nerve racked member of society now. Maybe I have finally taken steps to improve my life, find a better job, and enjoy all the nice little things that are so easily missed in a fog of anxiety.
>>
File: clownsuicidetroll.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
clownsuicidetroll.webm
3MB, 720x405px
Then I get the bill. Let me tell you, I'm pretty damn poor. So when I saw that I owed them close to $600 (thanks Obama) for blood work and a 10 minute conversation (I'm not thinking about suicide, drinking to excess, or doing drugs, just depressed and anxious all the time's all har har har.) So now, on top of the anxiety/depression I normally feel over my smoldering crater of a life, I have something tangible to worry about. How in the ever-loving fuck am I ever going to pay for this shit? I live in a goddamned 1981 model mobile home in a trailer park for Christ's sake.
>>
File: consider_the_following.jpg (44KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following.jpg
44KB, 543x405px
So I go back for my followup. The doc's all like, "So how are you doing now?" I mention that the Prozac seemed to be helping a little until I got the bill. She tells me that it's not her office that's responsible but rather the lab where the blood was sent. Basically she tells me there's little to nothing to be done about it. Interesting that the cost of all this lab shit (which was completely pointless by the way) was never brought up during the initial visit. A few days later I get another bill informing me that I've been penalized and now much pay close to $700. If my anxiety wasn't bad enough before, I'm a nervous fucking train wreck now.
>>
File: bowlofdick.jpg (129KB, 331x500px) Image search: [Google]
bowlofdick.jpg
129KB, 331x500px
So the Prozac is a thing of the past now. I'm not flushing any more money down the toilet for bloated medical costs and drugs that barely do anything other than make it almost impossible to have an orgasm. You hear a lot about the broken mental health care system in this country. Well, let me tell you that it's true. The same thing would have happened if I had been some kind of psychotic, homicidal nutcase with no money. Luckily for society, I'm not quiet that crazy. Maybe if we concentrated more on making quality health care more accessible we actually could decrease some of these mass murders that the media seems to have a hard on for these days. You can ban guns 'til the cows come home, but as long as you've got insane, untreated maniacs running around with access to a pressure cooker or a molotov cocktail it wont make a bit of fucking difference.

But then again, I guess I deserve it for being poor. Shame on me. I think I'm gonna go take some medicine that actually works one of these days.
>>
>>23205097
I am currently on fluoxetine (chemical name for Prozac; I'm on generic). I can have an orgasm, so it might be the particular medication for you.

Call the lab or their billing office and tell them you can't pay for the labwork. Explain your situation and request a payment plan.
>>
File: hitlergarfi.png (237KB, 592x407px) Image search: [Google]
hitlergarfi.png
237KB, 592x407px
>>23205532
I am going to have to try something, and this sounds like pretty good advice. I am just tired of feeling like shit all the time. It's so tiring.
>>
>>23205090
> Interesting that the cost of all this lab shit (which was completely pointless by the way) was never brought up during the initial visit. A few days later I get another bill informing me that I've been penalized and now much pay close to $700.

Have you called the lab to talk about it? It's really stupid, but a lot of those prices are basically like MSRP for cars - either you're getting something really esoteric or you're a sucker for even trying to pay it. If they billed an insurance company they'd get like half that. Talk to them and explain your circumstances and I'd be really surprised if the price didn't come down a lot. Just because the doctor can't do anything about it doesn't mean there's nothing to be done at all.
>>
>>23205087
Your insurance should cover most of that. Call and make sure the lab has your insurance information.
>>
>>23205097
yeah basically what you said last, if you're poor in america, you're fucked. nobody will be there for you except the church to a certain extent
>>
>>23208078
I'm not social or religious enough to even go to church, much less hit them up for cash.
>>
>>23208082
A lot of religious charities will still help. The whole concept of christianity is big on proselytizing, and the meat and potatoes of it is love and generosity.
Obviously there will be just as many that won't help you, but assuming you do not live in Podunk, Africa there is probably more than one religious group.
>>
>>23205081

Read your sob story.

Your first big problem is that you resorted to psychiatry first. Always... ALWAYS refer to a psychologist/therapist first. You'll make amazing progress just by going to therapy frequently with an optomistic approach. And even if therapy isn't enough, you should keep going even after a doctor prescribes shit.

Almost every city has free or cheap psychology/mental health services available to anyone.

Regarding the prescription... lab work is incredibly important in establishing fitness and minimizing serious side effects that could lead to things like death and malpractice lawsuits. Beyond that, chemically nothing is the exact same. This is why you have frequent sessions with the psychiatrist at first. So it's basically just process of elminiation, within reason. Tell your doc if you don't react well to the drug, he'll prescribe a different brand, lower the dose, prescribe an entirely different drug, or some combination of that.
>>
>>23205081
I'm tempted to make a yuropoor/healthcare jab at this, since I'm kind of in the same position without any trouble.
But the land of the free usually becomes the land of the butthurt by then, so w/e
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.