[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw only child >tfw people say "that explains everything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: image16[2].png (74KB, 352x248px) Image search: [Google]
image16[2].png
74KB, 352x248px
>tfw only child
>tfw people say "that explains everything about you" when you say that you are one
>tfw there literally isn't a single positive to being an only child
>every youtube video and online article i see about only children has people in the comments saying how they are only children and are alone, friendless, depressed, miserable, etc
>tfw kissless friendless virgin at 24

Where you at guys?
>>
>>23126351
Me irl

20 yo KV

Dunno if there's a correlation between only child and being forever alone
>>
I'm an only child, but it's not really bad at all. In fact, every person I know with a sibling ends up never having free time.

>"Pick up your brother."
>"Invite him too."
>Shit is borrowed and never returned
>Younger one is always hyperactive
>Filthy house or a really strange sitcom Disney lifestyle
>If mostly girls, the guy is ugly, while every sister is hot and match each other
>>
>>23126417
are you normal?
>>
>>23126351
my very close friend is an only child and he's an alpha chad. your parents are probably shit.
>>
>>23126351
Only child and I'm 26 with a dorky cat and a fiance. I do have depression and anxiety though, a lack of friends too.
>>
>>23126427
oh yeah they definitely were. but ive definitely seen a majority of people who are only children complain about social problems. your 1 person anecdote doesnt mean anything.

>>23126435
how do you get a fiance with no friends?
>>
>>23126445
it's all about the parents dude. everything wrong with you can most likely be traced back to your parents
>>
>>23126460
i know that parents mean a ton. all i'm saying is that it seems pretty widespread that only children have significant social problems

and that isnt saying that all only children do, or that its only only children who can have social problems.
>>
>>23126351
I dunno. I think it might just be because we're welps t b q h familia. If this didn't break us something else would've. Whining about it like a runny cunt isn't gonna help us so the whole passing the buck thing just seems petulant imo
>>
>>23126351
I am an only child as well and my whole life including my body is fucked.
Pretty sure it's mostly because the only person in my life was an alcoholic more than being an only child.

I have wondered in the past if I had a sibling, would I have ended up differently?
Because then I wouldn't have felt so alone knowing someone else was going through the same thing I was.
I used to always wish I had an awesome older brother who would have taken care of me.
>>
>>23126351
All focus of attention from your parents goes to you. Which means you're both spoiled and burdened with all expectations from you're parents. Mom always wanted her child to achieve her dreams? Pops always wanted his son I resemble him and become greater than he ever was? Guess who's task that is now going to be? Also you're overprotected most likely, and won't likely know how to socialize with other children as easily.

However, am the eldest son and am shunned by both my parents and at least 2 of my 3 siblings. Am basically the black sheep, the bad example, the burdened one supposed to be a shining example but was always heavily misunderstood since adolescence.
>>
Narcissistic as adult, because getting too much attention and being overly pampered as a child.

I smell them a mile away.
>>
>>23126351
I'm an only child, and .. What the shit dude?

>> I've had the first one a few times, and I just think its super fucking weird. I usually poke into it, but quickly shrug and don't give a shit.
>> You have all the attention focused on you. All of the time. There is negatives to this as well - like it's super fucking tiring to go visit the family and have ALL THE ATTENTION ON YOU ALL THE TIME and I effectively am a pingpong ball between my parents ... But it's not like it's this crazy downside.
>> I am depressed because I have depression. I am not alone, friendless, or miserable. The only thing I feel like I missed out on by being an only child is I don't know what a purely 'platonic' sister/brotherly love is. I have friends that it would probably be weird to fuck, but I still want to fuck them - because my attraction to them is tied into who they are heavily.
>> Not been a virgin for over ten years now.

>>23126445
Correlation does not mean causation. Is there any studies to show that this is a significant thing? I am not aware of any off handily, but it's not a field I studied. I had social problems when I was younger. I got better.

>>23129987
Can confirm, I am a narcissist. Not on scale of it becoming a personality disorder, but, yeah, hi.
>>
>>23126351
my cousin is an only child and he is alpha as fuck.
>you are you being an only child wont change anything
>>
>>23130732
english pls
>>
Ultimate Human, coming through.

I was an only child for ten years. Suddenly, siblings.

All the confidence. The pride. Knowing that you are the center of your parents' world.

But then everything is altered when suddenly siblings.

You learn. You learn empathy. You learn how to care and look after someone weaker than you. But you're still ten years older.

So you're still the fucking man.

It's a good mix. And it helped me develop into an Alpha with empathy for others.
>>
>>23131216
>>23130732

I'm going to assume you mean it in a colloquial way, because "alpha" is a fucking stupid term. It's basing human interaction on a theory of wolf dynamics, and said theory was denounced and disproved by the fellow who proposed it in the first place.

(And honestly, if you require siblings to learn *empathy*, that's pretty fucked up. It's a pretty fucking basic thing.)
>>
>>23131261
Don't be retarded. Of course I don't think I'm an actual Wolf. Of course you don't need siblings to learn empathy.

I was simply saying in simple terms that I had a wonderful dynamic of being the center of all things, but then learning to share. Which is an interesting developmental concept for a kid.

Don't sweat the semantics, bruh. Makes you look like a fucking autist.
>>
I'm an only child, but I don't blame it for my current social awkwardness. I just had an overly tired grandmother parent who encouraged my social anxiety to turn into social isolation that lasted for years.

I'm still pretty awkward and can't get a boyfriend. But I can maintain regular friendships.
>>
>>23131286
I'm not saying you think you're a fucking wolf. I'm saying I am really fucking tired of people shouting about being alphas/betas/whatever the fuck, ESPECIALLY because it's a hugely prominent thing with people who believe in PUA-shit.

It's a stupid term that doesn't need to be further propagated.
>>
>>23131339
That's awfully beta of you to say.
>>
>>23131407
Eyerolls. If you're going to bait, try better than that. I find the way it treats human interactions annoying, I don't "fear" how it's applied to me.
>>
>>23126398
naw, only child here and I've been with 7 females and im 23
>>
>>23132090
>my one anecdote means it is truth
>>
>>23126351
>>23132370

http://www.popline.org/node/384622

Old study, but I just kind of grabbed one quickly since I don't particularly feel like logging in through my university in order to research better. So have the abstract.

>>Being an only child is popularly regarded as a handicap. During the 1970s, analyses appeared showing an intellectual advantage for only children relative to those from most other family size/birth order statuses. As for whether only children are spoiled and maladjusted, research by Claudy, Farrell, and Dayton finds strikingly positive personality and adjustment values for single children, as well as clear intellectual superiority. The author's own analysis, using adults of all sibsizes in the General Social Survey, indicates that only children are educationally and occupationally achieving, count themselves happy and satisfied with important aspects of life, are not politically and socially alienated, do not have disruptive family lives, and are unlikely to require public assistance. Only children also prefer to have, and do have, smaller size families than do respondents from any other sibsize. The performance of only children belies the prejudice. (Author's) (Summaries in ENG, FRE, SPA)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.