[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looks, like the last one died. You guys know what to do. L

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 34

File: OkCupid-Logo.jpg (10KB, 300x458px) Image search: [Google]
OkCupid-Logo.jpg
10KB, 300x458px
Looks, like the last one died. You guys know what to do.

Let's get some constructive criticism going in here to get some fellow /soc/alites laid.

I'll start with mine:
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/classical_metal
>>
>>19563427
The midget thing seems to be a bit on the nose, but besides that you've got a solid profile. What rate of messages and/or visitors do you get a week?

My profile
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Son_the_Machine
>>
>>19563496
Yours is also really solid. The James Franco and Pulp Fiction bits made me chuckle.
If I had to nit-pick, I'd say get rid of the picture of you in the army jacket- it looks pretty beta. Maybe try to revise the message me if section- add like an idea for a date or something a little less vague than "you must be intelligent and interesting" - as if anyone openly thinks that they aren't.

And I get, eh, maybe 10-15 visitors a week. 0 messages. I think one time I got one from a fat girl, but it turned out to be spam.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/sadshota2003

the username is a joke heh
>>
can you get ip banned here?
caue i had a account and everytime i try to log in i get a error, even if i try to make a new account. still gives me the same error
>>
>>19563569
Yeah, your entire profile is a joke. Nice try

>>19563581
I haven't heard of IP bans on their site, but it wouldn't surprise me if they thought you were an insistent troll. What does the error say?
>>
>>19563606
says the robot is malfunctioning, but im like 100% serious on okcupid. Day before i got the error I was about to fuck this girl that lived close
>>
>>19563560
Valid points. They have been adjusted

Do you get no messages? What about replies?
>>
File: fgds.png (9KB, 386x522px) Image search: [Google]
fgds.png
9KB, 386x522px
>>19563606
i took out my email but this is what i get
>>
>>19563635
maybe it's an error with the mobile app? What happens when you log on with a pc?
>>
>>19563643
thats pc lol, i get the robot on the moblie app
>>
>>19563648
I log in through the emails, so I haven't logged in regularly for nearly a year. I only have myself to blame for the misunderstanding
>>
>>19563635
Ummm, I'm not really sure what the problem is. It seems like the site isn't having functionality issues. I'd send them a message at:
http://www.okcupid.com/feedback

>>19563632
Yeah, I don't ever get first messages from any chicks. Does that ever happen to guys?
I get replies, but I find it really hard to keep a conversation going or keep a girl interested with merely a text conversation. I could make them laugh in person, but they rarely wanna get coffee or anything. You have better success?
>>
>>19563662
I get them occasionally, but they're usually from women I'm not interested in.
For me, I'll try to keep up the conversation but like your story they rarely want to get coffee. I've had more first dates with POF, but none of those first dates had a second.
>>
>>19563662
>>19563661
thanks I sent feedback.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/rfinny

Interested to hear strangers' thoughts. I haven't had too much luck but I am meeting a girl for a date tomorrow. Hopefully she doesn't just want my weed.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/GlasserBooks

might as well
>>
>>19563897
Your profile seems to be pretty decent. There's a little too much self degradation. The social anxiety and weight thing are the biggest points. It's one thing to be honest, but you're leaning more towards pity. I'd suggest removing that bit or shortening it without the explanation.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Beef-teeth

Been awhile, sosh.
>>
File: DSCF0846.jpg (398KB, 686x914px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0846.jpg
398KB, 686x914px
I posted mine last time, forgot I did, and was confused as fuck at why all these random guy visitors were showing up. Ha

Okcupid.com/profile/ComputerClown
>>
>>19563941
Only thing I can see as an improvement would be more information on the things you're good at. Everything else is great. Plenty of pictures with a wide range of emotions. You done good ma'am

>>19563964
You might want to expand on the self summary. It's a little vague

>>19563985
The music list is a bit excessive. Also, it's a little odd that you're looking for casual sex when in the summary you say you're married. If you and your SO are cool with that, then that's fine, but it might be something you want to mention.
>>
My profile
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/TechFC
>>
>>19564008
That's how I get messages.
>>
>>19564026
First and foremost, change your profile picture to something with your face
>>
>>19564031
I'm guessing you're the clown? Someone on here had an ID change
>>
>>19564047
And second-most, more pertaining to my social profile please lol
>>
>>19564055
I'm sorry?
>>
>>19563635
Yep, it does that when you've been banned.

I actually had a profile banned because I wouldn't respond to this fat batshit insane girl who also happened to be a moderator there.

I quit using OkCupid. The women on there are incredibly stuck up with ridiculously high standards and there's a heap of single mothers/crazy fat girls.

Online dating is what girls go to when they haven't met someone in real life to satisfy their unrealistic standards.

Harsh but true..
>>
>>19564059
You're here for feedback. That's my feedback. Your profile mentions your athleticism a few times. Considering it is a recurring theme in your profile, a picture that depicts it would be a better addition.

>>19564070
Someone's ID changed. I'm assuming it is one of the two guys who I commented on. I guessed it was the guy who is in clown makeup. Was I right or wrong?
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/dingfromspace

Well, I haven't really had much luck so I must be doing something wrong xD
>>
>>19564086
Nah, that wasn't me.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/lo-li-ta1215
>>
Honestly guys, everyone can suggest what they think makes you sound like a more suitable candidate, but it doesn't matter.

What your dating profile says is like picking lottery ticket numbers, it doesn't matter.. if you're going to win, you're going to win.

What matters is your face.

If you're not attractive, it won't matter what you put in your profile, your message will get read and deleted.
>>
>>19564096
As far as I can tell you've got a good profile. What's filled out is descriptive and tells who you are. Not sure what to suggest here

>>19564109
Sorry, it was a fifty-fifty chance. I flipped tails.

>>19564031
So back to this. Who is it?
>>
>>19564113
So do you want feedback, or are you just putting yourself out there? I can't really see any red flags. If you weren't on the opposite end of the continental US, I'd message you.
>>
>>19564114
This.

You either have the face or at least a 6/7 face with an amazing physique. Showing personality once you finally meet is a different story, but you will never get there unless you are what i've stated previously, good face or okay face with an amazing body.

These okcupid rate my profile threads always make me laugh, what should my bio look like, what should it say, what should my likes be, lol its too fucking hilarious, because you can literally write, my interests are, i like big fat veiny cocks rubbing my eyes while i sleep. If the girl finds you attractive, she wouldn't even scroll down to read your stupid bullshit. No matter how interesting you think you are.

Which comes to my second main point, don't rely on online shit.. okcupid/tinder etc... You should be cold approaching girls all the time, you have a better chance with hot girls when you cold approach, you are in control , you dont have to wait for their stupid ass to message you back, you dictate the set/interaction, plus you won't be as socially inept as you are now.

Which comes to my third point, even if you are a pretty good looking person, if you are socially inept, awkward, just can't pick up social cues fast enough, you will be boring, can't close, bore the person to death and will be friend zoned or tossed out. No matter how good looking you are.

so please, as entertaining these rate my okcupid profiles are, it is hurting your progression when it comes to meeting/talking to girls.

Tinder posts are a little better, bc those guys specially my fit bros, they tend to share stories, how to pull, funny shit they said to pull, what they did during meets. Ok cupid threads are just so needy and pathetic.
>>
>>19564122
This is beef. Apologies.
>>
File: 1402262783389.png (127KB, 356x333px) Image search: [Google]
1402262783389.png
127KB, 356x333px
>Chat with a shy qt on OKC for a couple of days
>turns out we have alot in common
>says she has a really bad social anxiety
>get her number one night
>says shes really drunk
>text each other throughout the night
>next day
>ask for her name
>no response for 3 days

What did I do wrong?
Is she too shy to reply or is she just not interested?
>>
>>19564161
No worries. I blame 4chan for the confusion.
Anyways, I can see that being a thing. I've messaged women asking for more information because their summary was vague. You've got some good pictures too, so that raises the odds they'll be curious to know more about you. Everyone's got their own style. If yours works, more power to you
>>
>>19564114
That just isn't true. Not everyone is that shallow. I'm a girl on this dating site because I have issues speaking to guys irl. I don't care what you look like. If I think you're funny and have good tastes than I will talk to you. I posted my profile earlier. Sure I get a lot of messages but 90% of them are people being gross and asking to fuck. So naturally I read those and delete them but if you're funny and nice than there's no reason not to reply. Don't put yourself down.
>>
File: dididogood.png (474KB, 427x641px) Image search: [Google]
dididogood.png
474KB, 427x641px
>>19564084
lol that is stupid, but hey at least i got to fuck a girl when i was on it.
>pic related
pussy game crazy
>>
PROTIP*** SERUIOSULY GUYZ

the more you write, the more the girls have a chance to dislike. give just very basics. if they like your picture, they already like you. but if you have a nice picture and make it obvious you are an aspie or have crazy wierdo hobbies, they will move on

tl:dr : writing less is more
>>
>>19564176
That's something you'll have to get used to with online dating. It's called flaking.

Some girls will just stop responding.

A lot of the times, it's not for any particular reason either. Sometimes women just get bored, sometimes they find someone else or etc.

One of the first women I met on OkCupid was amazing. We connected really well.. everything was going smooth.. she seemed really into me.

We had 3 dates and then she vanished into thin air. Looked at her Facebook one week later, she was dating some other guy and then another guy a week later.

I've had it happen a lot actually, where the convo is going great and then just quit responding cold turkey. You just have to move on.. I'm not sure even they know why they do that shit.
>>
>>19564176
It might have been her anxiety. She could be anxious about giving information to a perceived stranger. I'd say you should have worked a bit slower, but because I wasn't there, that's the best I can offer.
>>
>>19564176
you dont have the mentality of (abc) always be closing.

It seems like, you like taking your time with a girl, which is fine, but as you just experienced some if not most girls no matter how interesting you are or how much you have in common with her, they will ultimately get bored, which is like anything in life.

Next time, pull the trigger a lot quicker, stop trying to feel like you need to get to know the girl before you can fuck her.

Also she's drunk, awake all night talking to you, did it not really pop into your head that hey, maybe i could meet up with her or go over her place and fuck... i'm sure it did but you didnt act on it.

Stop catering to girls, and do what you like.
>>
>>19564207
Well there's that.. some guys just let the convo go on and on and they move onto someone else, but some girls do flake for no reason at all.

If you can't move the conversation off of OkCupid in a few messages, she's probably going to flake and you have a very small chance of actually meeting her.
>>
>>19564207
>>19564213

Actually I've asked her out for a coffee a few times. She kept changing the subject and/or says shes busy that day
>>
>>19564237
Yeah, avoid women like that. Women who keep using the busy excuse aren't interested.
>>
>>19564207
The part that needs to be clarified by the poster is whether he was trying to fuck or start a relationship with the girl. If he was just trying to fuck her, then yeah. He should have pulled the trigger quicker, but if he actually wanted to have something that would last longer, he needed to go slower. The social anxiety makes the odds of convincing her to fuck a much more challenging prospect.
>>19564237
At this point, you might want to try trading skypes and attempt a webcam chat. It would be a less anxious way for the two of you to meet, and after a few skype calls, she has a better chance of being comfortable enough to accept a coffee invitation
>>
>>19564237
oh dude, come on bro.

You don't need me to tell you, but i just feel like i need to say it.

Don't be her emotional Tampon.

The moment she made excuses from meeting up with you, you should've already known she wasn't interested, this is where you should have pride and just be alpha about the situation. This is where you move on, and if you want to go out in a bang or at least call her out on her bullshit, dont be afraid to tell her that you aren't interested in being friends with her, you aren't her emotional/social crutch, you aren't going be her fucking tampon.

The moment you asked her to meet and she made excuses but yet you didnt call her out on it or just drop her, she knew you were desperate. The most unattractive thing you can ever show is being desperate or needy.

Don't be that guy, dont' be afraid to be an asshole.
>>
>>19564260
I'm going to state this from the beginning, yes everyone is different, but why do you truly believe fucking on the first date isn't gf or even wife material? do you truly believe taking it slow makes the girl a better gf material? or qualifies her as "non slutty" so that makes her gf material?

This whole taking it slow, or if she's gf material you must take it slow mentality is bullshit. I'm not saying you are, but it seems like most people believe this because of bullshit "romantic" movies they see, or they've been socially engineered to think this way.

If you truly like a person, why not experience them, emotionally , socially,physically and sexually. You stating that you should take it slow, has the same mentality of religious crazy fucks, If its meant to be true, we should wait till marriage to have sex, hold hands, kiss.

The Depth of the relationship where you want to take it with a certain person, has nothing, nothing at all with what you do with her. You can take it slow, but it goes the other way as well, you can go hard and all out, balls deep anal on the first date. If BOTH of you click and end up being attracted with each other, it will happen.

TLDR: Taking it slow is bullshit and has been socially engineered through bullshit chick flicks/ romance MOVIES.
>>
>>19564264
You'd be surprised what persistence can get you. I've gotten laid being an emotional tampon. It takes longer, but the benefit is that you'll have someone who trusts you with that shit. Being Alpha as you describe means that you're in it to
fuck and nothing else. I'm getting the feeling that >>19564176 is looking for something more than a booty call. Feel free to prove me wrong, but in this case being an asshole would get him nothing.
>>
>>19564300
I've done both. I prefer taking it slow. I'm giving my opinion based on personal experience. Not from stereotypes made by the film and literary machine.
>>
>>19564300
idk man, i really rike this grill even tho we've never met

i've been lurking her twitter these past few days. She tweeted 'everything gives me anxiety :(' a few mins after i texted her asking for her name.

is this a sign?? She doesn't know that I know her twitter
>>
>>19564301
Oh no, you're absolutely right.

Like i stated in previous posts, everyone is different and want different things.
I'm just posting things that will help a person be more socially intelligent when it comes to meeting a fuck ton of girls.

I value time a lot more than catering to a girls emotion.

But yeah, being "there" for a girl will work at times, but i just don't have the time for it.
>>
>>19564311
ahhh good for you bro.

I'm sure your sets or experience with girls are a lot more interesting than mine. Every interaction with a girl to me, feels so scripted, since i try to go through them as fast as possible.

>>19564317
Don't do this to yourself brother, a person can talk a great game, but once you actually meet them, they can be a completely different person. She could be boring as fuck, smell, just a bad person all around.

Some people might call your actions creepy lol, but as long as you can control it once you actually meet up with her, you wouldn't come off as desperate/needy/creepy, As long as you can actually control your deep feelings for her.
>>
>>19564321
Fair enough. Sorry if I was being antagonistic. I'm just tired at this point.

>>19564317
It likely is a sign. See about getting her skype. Work your way into her life so she is less anxious about sharing with you. And worst case scenario, it's a crush. which will pass. Don't tell her you know her twitter. If anything, get her to tell you her twitter, so you look like a little less of a creep. I did that once with a fetlife. The girl didn't know I'd already seen her tits before the first date. I didn't tell her I knew about her fetlife until long after she had told me it existed
>>
I dont know why i made one tbh Im not interested in a relationship I just want to make some friends. ;_;
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Elendfromspace
>>
>>19564346
The best I can tell is that your profile is fine. No red flags other than some non-committal bits. If you don't want to describe what you're good at, then just leave it blank.
>>
>>19563427
Please help me fix up my profile: http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Mnemonicist
>>
>>19564468
get rid of your third picture with the semi beard and drunken smile
>>
>>19564468
The text of your profile looks good to me. It has personality and paints a good picture of you. The only suggestion I might have would be to add a picture of yourself that isn't a selfie. Maybe one of you doing something with your friends. Something dynamic.
>>
>>19564191
tfw nobody says you did well anon
>>
>>19564522
pls
>>
>>19564522
Congratulations. You got laid. Would you like a trophy?
>>
>>19563427
all the women who live near me are 70% + my enemy :(
>>
>>19564538
</3
>>19564546
kinda do m8
>>
>>19563941
change the i spend a lot of time thinking about my future children, serious red flag for young adults

>>19563985
quit clowning around

>>19564026
gonna need some actual pics bro

>>19564113
>short term dating
dont sell yourself cheap
>>
File: 1379474791226.gif (2MB, 250x281px)
1379474791226.gif
2MB, 250x281px
>>19563688
Back to this

I seem to have a knack of getting girls to respond... once. I try to get a conversation going and it just flat out dies. Any suggestions anons?
>>
>>19566552
I usually get about 3-5 messages back and forth and then nothing. It's really fucking annoying, because I'd probably do a lot better in person.
>>
I'd rather this thread didn't die. Thus, I will bump it. Long and hard
>>
www.okcupid.com/profile/AdeptusTech?cf=profile

dont get shit for views
>>
File: blackman meme.jpg (22KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
blackman meme.jpg
22KB, 320x239px
>Send some girls some messages
>They don't even bother to visit my page

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/dogcageburgers

come visit me
I know my page gives off the typical slacker vibe, but I don't wanna pretend like I'm Nobunaga.
>>
>>19568442
I'd suggest your profile pic be the full body shot in blue. Overall, it doesn't have any red flags

>>19568533
A more dynamic picture would likely help. Something not taken by yourself. Not much else to suggest
>>
>>19563581
I got something like that when I ran a joke account.

Maybe try going to the local library or a store with Wi-fi, see if you can log on there?
>>
Literally every single thread I post my profile and then give critiques on every single person in the thread, but never get the same in return. Here's my profile http://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Gaston_/ I'll give critiques on people who also critique me.
>>
>>19568991
The most criticism I can give is that I think you should add on a link to one or two of the films you have been a part of. Something so the viewers can see your ability first hand.
>>
>>19568991
>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/_Gaston_/

You got a pretty solid profile. Your pictures show a lot of your personality, although some of them are kinda outrageous haha. Maybe throw in a more "normal" picture though just to give people an idea of what ya look like when you're not in wacky poses or dresses or whatever.
>>
>>19563427
>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/classical_metal
Take out that 2nd picture. Too much eyebrow-to-face ratio.
>>
>>19564084
Or maybe you're an unfortunate looking sonofabitch who can't self-promote.
>>
>>19564300
How very French of you.

I married a girl I took it moderately slow with. Met on OKC. She'd blown a few guys before, but never had sex. Which works for me, because of my hypocritical jealousy issues despite having fucked too many woman by that point.
>>
>>19569033
Thanks.
It's just that most of the film projects I've been involved in as an actor I wasn't very pleased with the end product so I worry about sharing it since I don't want people to think I acted in a bad film.
Most all of my acting/directing has been on stage though so it's kind of impossible to share those on my profile. I plan to direct a few short films pretty soon (in preparation for the feature film I'll be co-directing since I've only ever directed live theatre rather than film), so I guess I can add some of those to my profile when I finish them.

Now for your profile.
>I'm a nerd
Take that out. It's such a cliche thing that is way overused on this site. Plus, being a nerd shouldn't define you, you want to seem like your own person that is separate from the rest of the goons on the site. You want the girl to pay attention to your profile and nobody else's.
>I love to debate and argue
I'd take that out. A girl won't be attracted to a guy who seems like he'll be arguing with her a lot.
>the anime awesomeness
This is cringey. Take it out.

I'd advise against mentioning games. Maybe make a quick mention that you like video games, but don't list them.

Also, get some new photos. Make sure they make you look flattering, are in good lighting, not blurry, and not self-taken. Get rid of all of them except for the first two (but take pictures better than those two as well).
>>
>>19569049
I'm getting new headshots taken soon so I'll add one of those to my profile when I get them done.
Thanks though.

Now onto your profile.
I'd get rid of that third photo, it's self-taken and the lighting isn't very good.
Also, get one or two photos of you being social with friends. It makes a big difference in success on the site.

>not taking good profile pictures.
Take this out.
Self deprecating humor isn't very good to use on the site since it might make you seem beta.

>I walk around with an empty mind, often looking lost.
I'm also really awkward and stiff when talking to new people, but if you're cool I'll warm up to you in no time.
Take this out. Don't mention any actual flaws on your profile. The goal of these profiles is to sell yourself as a romantic or sexual interest to somebody. Your profile is your advertisement. You want to seem as awesome as possible, so leave out any beta tendencies.
>>
Bumping with my profile
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/karoga
Very happy with it, but of course there is room for improvement
>>
>>19569248
A few spelling and grammar mistakes, but I can't see anything else to fix
>>
>>19569313
Thank you. Where are the mistakes?
>>
>>19569355
"Full each other's cups..." I don't know the quote so I might be wrong, but shouldn't it be Fill?
In the things people notice about you, "I don't know care about your favorite bands, your income, or where you've traveled." Might want to put a conjunction between Know and Care, or even a /
>>
Please judge me.
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/nick41994/
>>
>>19569502
Most I can recommend is that you need some more pictures. Possibly one with your body in it
>>
>>19569502
>I am a very kind person
I really dislike those lines, but that's just me.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/FeltPads - judge me
>>
>>19569597
That wall of text has got to go. While I personally disagree with vague summaries, even if the girl is interested based on the pictures she won't want to read that TLDR.
>>
>>19569684
Makes sense. Whenever I summarize I end up sounding formal and neat. Which doesn't describe my personality. I'll give it another shot.
>>
>>19568991
Sorry, man. I'm here a lot too, I must have just skipped over you.

Buuut really there's not a ton for me to say. You've put together a heck of a profile. I might trim back the spiel about "wherefore", though, it comes off antagonistic.
>>
Oh! I think I've solved my trans conundrum.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/izzipenname

You may remember me from last thread and if not, well, there are worse things than not being remembered on the internet.

So what I've come up with is this: keep the reference to the little bit at the end. If I'm messaging with someone and it seems like it might go someplace, edit my profile to include the "I'm MtF" flag at the beginning. Since, in my experience, at least, people chatting click on each others' profile, if they see it and it's an issue, then they'll raise it.

So basically rotating it in and out.

Resolved after a wee freak-out I had over whether or not a guy would be put off by it. He was not.

As before, all feedback welcome.
>>
File: kanyephant.png (1MB, 911x590px)
kanyephant.png
1MB, 911x590px
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/ExampleProfile

fuck
>>
Is okcupid a thing in the UK? if not what is?
>>
>tfw a (bad) tranny messages me
>>
>>19573372
Wow, you're awful
>>
File: zopzoopity.jpg (52KB, 460x445px) Image search: [Google]
zopzoopity.jpg
52KB, 460x445px
>>19573406
Shouldn't have named your profile "ilovebadtrannies98"

>>19573411
YEP
>>
>>19573374
I've seen several people on there in the UK.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/forethoughtt

It's me again, yeah, again. I made some of those suggested changes but really haven't been messing with Okcupid over the past week and a half. I've been knee deep in Star Trek Voyager and in Criminal Defense.

I brought a gift for the chrome users out there. Maybe this will help some of you in your selection process. It could ruin Okcupid for you, or it could enhance it. It's all about perspective. Here's a neat little add on:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/okcupid-for-the-non-mains/cgdblghohnaeeejaoincmbcdkdnodkei?hl=en
>>
>>19563569
What in the living fuck is wrong with your eyes?!
>>
>>19569502
You sound like a typical "nice guy" who in reality is a reciprocity whore, which means you're probably nowhere near nice. Keyword in my statement "sound". I have no way of knowing for sure. However, you don't get to say you're "nice" or "kind" because that comes off as not only disingenuous and controlling, but also slightly creepy. You need more pictures as well. So, yeah, more pictures and more show less tell.

>>19569597
Holy eyes, batman. Make your first picture your second and your second your first. Women will fall for those funky eyes, no doubt. Also, consider adding more pictures of you doing things. Don't forget, take out the part about you not being a party person. You can be a "not party person" all you want but you /will/ sound like a square if you put it into your profile. It's kind of like drawing a line in the sand already before meeting someone.

>>19571157
I don't know how to deal with trans people relationships
>like normal people's relationships
Oh, in that case...actually, no, I still don't. You're like a person with a particular taste in a sub-genre of literature that I do not read. I cannot comment positively or negatively on it because I'd be ignorant and ill informed. Sorry, my friend. Best of luck to you and your love life.

>>19573372
I've seen you in these threads a lot and I'm still fairly speechless. You went for funny and came off as highly cynical and unattractive. Fix that. Smile with words, my brother. Smile with words.
>>
Im a bigger guy but Im working out. I do 15 miles of cardio a week and lift 4 times and have a diet now.

Should I mention this? Does it matter as I guess they may just blow me off due to my pic of being a fat guy.

What do?
>>
File: bro.jpg (6KB, 603x37px) Image search: [Google]
bro.jpg
6KB, 603x37px
does this mean she wants the D?
>>
Why not

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/DescartesB4H0rse
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 640x1136px
Just a reminder that persistance is key you guys, if she's still replying, it's a shit test.
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 640x1136px
Purposely started going overboard on the compliments as part of the "hopeless romantic" style of game. Didn't work out so well
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>19577486
just a reminder guys
never do this
never
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 640x1136px)
image.jpg
121KB, 640x1136px
>>19577496
>>19577496
Haha it seems like a worse idea than it is, i just did shitty as it was my first time attempting it, if you watch RSDTodd's video "gaming like a sex addict" or whatever, he explains it in depth and it makes a lot of sense as to why it works. What i did was a bad example
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 640x1136px
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 640x1136px
Thought about giving up quite a few times
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 640x1136px
Lol i mad apparently
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 640x1136px
Fucking cunts man, how do they work
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 640x1136px)
image.jpg
115KB, 640x1136px
Lol, i was almost certain there was no coming back from this at this point
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 640x1136px)
image.jpg
134KB, 640x1136px
Then I remembered something, it just clicked, this is all a shit test, she's still talking to me, if she really wanted nothing to do with me, she would have blocked me long ago.

So, i'll just do the opposite of what she expects me to do. She expects me to keep being a dick, calling her a cunt, etc, so i just decided to flip the switch
>>
>>19577647
how's virginity working out for you?
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 640x1136px)
image.jpg
127KB, 640x1136px
also showed her some value, that i'm somewhat knowledgable, that I am a tolerant person. But more importantly, basically, I won the conversation but not losing my cool or temper, which is what was expected of me.
>>
>>19577688
do you know what 'winning' means? it's a dating site; you definitely have not won.
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 640x1136px
>>19577679
Not claiming to be a bigtime player or pickup artist or anything, but i have had my fair share of tinder/okc hookups. Take or leave the advice, but i'd like to think this goes to show that persistance can help a lot. And it's not the first time something like this has happened, but it is the most extreme
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 640x1136px
>>19577719
Okay, maybe that wasn't the right choice of words, but I dominated the interaction, I passed the shit test. You know shat I mean. Anyways, skipping a bit because posting the entire convo would be pointless and take forever
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>19577824
Oh my god you sound genuinely fucking nuts. good luck to the both of you.
>>
>>19577824
I actually wasted 3 minutes reading this garbage, and that's your payoff? What a fucking disappointment. I feel dumber for having read all that.

Both of you seem like insecure losers with anger issues, and you seem like a sleazy creep on top of all that. If you can barely hold down an IM conversation with this girl without her telling you to fuck off repeatedly, what makes you think a relationship with her is going to work?
>>
>>19577797
>Using PUA/Redpill phrases like shittest
All your hookups were pity sex and everyone probably ran for the hills when they realised how batshit you were.
>>
File: sephiroth.jpg (165KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
sephiroth.jpg
165KB, 500x304px
>>19576615
Yeah, dude. I don't know. My profile was a lot like this when I was living in NC, except I had a job so the "what I'm doing with my life" section was less pathetic. And I did alright there. Met a new girl maybe every two or three weeks? I don't think that's too awful. Is it that one section that sours the tone of the whole thing?

My profile was actually even more hostile and arrogant and generally shitty back then. Weird. Currently, all my "successes" on okcupid are dotcomrades from 4chan and one girl near me who wants to get a drink this weekend.
>>
Here goes nothing
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Austinwind
>>
Got a few messages, and replies to messages I send so far, but nothing too serious yet.
>>
>>19580904
Herpaderp: www.okcupid.com/profile/pirre_
>>
>>19580910
>www.okcupid.com/profile/pirre_

Strong mustache combo
>>
>>19580888
Why are there random capital letters? And why don't you capitalize "i"?
>>
There's not that many local women for me, I'm not fond of ldr but is it a reasonable option on okc?
>>
>>19580523
Well then, do what works for you. If it ain't broke, etc etc.
>>
I litterly just made mine.

How is it?
I'm not sure what I'm good at.
What kind of things would someone would someone want to know when reading my about me?

http://www.okcupid.com/i_am_meliyhurley
>>
>>19563427

Here's mine, it's been pretty successful so far.

>http://www.okcupid.com/profile/redtomflint
>>
>>19583113
wow you have really great eyes
>>
>>19583126
y-you too
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/tribbly55

Does that last bit make me look racist?
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/gillhere
>>
>>19581143
read only the Capital letters...
>>
>>19583745
If I was a pothead and straight I'd date you.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/JagaJungist

>i'll get started on reviews for fellow latecomers
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/valimasdamon

hello internet
>>
>>19584603
good profile, i would delete second picture (long hair) and make your third the default. you're pretty funny, but i'm not sure you're girl-funny
>>
19584743 won't delete them because that's how I look without make-up and I hardly ever wear it. Just trying to be honest. Will put one with make-up though.
>>
figured id go yolo swag and make an ok cupid account but holy shit nothing but fat chicks... this is choice grade meat, but POF has some sirloin. Plus they dont even let you filter out the fatties? what the fuc. I wrote in my you should message me if section; dont even fucking message me. that way only the girls i message will message me back cuz yall know that some of these buffalo lookin asses with them mile wide beef curtain gonna try to holla...pls.. lookin ASS niggas
>weeeeeeeee
>>
>>19585231
just a quick update: i live in one of the healthiest cities in the USA but DAMN ive never seen so many fattys in my life, maybe i should quit school and become a farmer if im expected to HERD ALL THESE CATTLE
>>
>>19585231
what the fuck am I reading?
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-06-07-20-27-30.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-06-07-20-27-30.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
/rare__candy

I hope everyone is having a nice day so far :)
>>
Friendly reminder that if you're not getting any results, and the only people commenting on your profile also aren't getting any results...

There's so many people posting on here, if you'd just take the time to collate some information and actually learn.

Protips from someone who tried to gather information but you morons kept not helping. Women are 100% in control of straight dating, and they don't have rational standards. Trying to approach this from a rational standpoint just isn't going to work.

Ask girls who dated or talked to guys off Okcupid what they were interested in. Personal experience, virtually every answer was some variation of there was nothing about him I was just desperate. Like the guy was an ass, but they kept messaging him until he got a date anyway. Or he was religious when they're not but they wanted to "see what it was like". Or they'll say a guy looked really interesting and his profile totally won me over- but he definitely didn't look like my type, I messaged anyway. Your only hope, aside from blind chance of being one of these lucky sobs, is to go for hit count. Aka pickup artist tips.

I made a joke profile that was ridiculous and claimed I was a Reverend and hated everything, got ten times my normal traffic. I made a totally sensible profile with good pics, fucking desert.
>>
>>19587351
So what you're saying is...create a joke profile and harass women on it till they block you or they submit to a date?
>>
Idk I've been on for maybe five days and I've spoken to about 35-40 people, about 7 of them messaged me first, and I've already planned dates with three of them. One is actually really interesting and interested. I just made a genuine profile and messaged first with actual questions I had about stuff on their profiles. What is with all of the blatant deceit? I'm an average body type, a stem nerd and mildly awkward and I know many people here are better off financially than i am too. do you really need to talk to that many girls?
>>
Need advice

I've been talking to a few of the girls, but they suddenly stop responding. They seem real interested at first, then they kinda just stop hitting me up.

Do I wait a few days before trying again or do I just let em go? My gut is telling me that it ain't worth trying again.
>>
>>19589166
just keep talking to other people in the meantime. they're probably just busy living their lives.
>>
>>19589166
Let them go, all they wanted was attention.

>>19587351
This is terrible advice. You'll either get the lowest common denominator of women, or be shamed on some shitty creeper subreddit.
- Someone who found their SO on OkCupid 2 years ago.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/chainedbear

Hwatthink?
>>
>>19580523
The funny thing is that the strawman example of a terrible OkCupid profile is not as bad as many actual OkCupid profiles.

Wait, no, not funny. What's the word I'm looking for. The thing that makes you sob quietly.
>>
>>19589473
Ugly shit pics and your profile sucks.
>>
>>19589473
Agreeing with >>19589541
I took a look and wanted to be a bit kinder but they were quite spot on, unfortunately. You're also the embodiment of the whole "deadbeat philosopher" character which really sucks if you're not. Prove that you've got more going on in your life than what's in your noggin.
>>
http://okcupid.com/profile/icexking

Giving it a shot, tell me what y'all think
>>
File: cool as fuck.png (12KB, 437x609px) Image search: [Google]
cool as fuck.png
12KB, 437x609px
>OKC thinks I'm cool
th-thanks
>>
>>19583745
>Does that last bit make me look racist?
A bit, but lots of people on OKC are a bit racist. I'd still change it if I were you.

>>19589166
Mind posting the last snippets of some of these conversations? Maybe we can isolate a trend.

>>19576684
Mention it. Self-improvement is a big plus, and you'll risk losing the "I don't mind fat, I just don't like lazy" demographic otherwise.

And, I'm digressing here, it's not exactly relevant to your question: saying "I'd like a girl to help me get my life on track lol" is a huge minus.

>>19576615
>I don't know how to deal with trans people relationships
What if you advise on my profile the best you can, ignoring that fact, and if you've got good advice I can still benefit from it? And if you don't, then I've lost nothing. I mean, if you're still giving advice.

>>19575177
An exceptionally well-composed profile, just from my perspective.
>>
>>19589639
How many questions did you answer? I've answered about a 100 but it only shows 3 positives, and 3 negatives.
>>
>>19589618
>same face
>same hair style
>same eye direction
>same facial expression
>same angle
>on every pic
Did you just shoop a bunch of pics?
>>
>>19589709
I've answered about 250.

Also, what the fuck is a good thing to put in the "First things people notice about me" section? Everything I think of seems generic as fuck, like sense of humor, eyes, etc.
>>
>>19575177
This profile is so good that I would go gay for that guy. This dude isn't single, this dude has a harem off cam.
>>
>>19589741
I don't know, that section is still blank on mine...I know what they say, but I don't want to put it (they say WOW YOU'RE SO SKINNY!!!).
>>
File: okc personality.png (31KB, 330x641px) Image search: [Google]
okc personality.png
31KB, 330x641px
>>19589709
This is what I've got with 700.

>Also, what the fuck is a good thing to put in the "First things people notice about me" section?
Lemme start by asking this: what would you answer if you were only concerned with honesty, not what sounds good?
>>
>>19589775
I would either answer how I'm a walking skeleton or something about my eyes (but I hate being generic). I can't say much, honestly, I'm a white, brown-haired male, not much to see here.
>>
>>19589793
How tall are you?
>>
>>19589798
5'9" ;_;
>>
>>19589809
And no distinctive articles of clothing/a particular style you prefer?
Are you particularly pale?
Is there an electronic device with which you're often fiddling?

I mean, I know you don't love the idea, but you could do much worse than saying your eyes. Lots of girls like guys with pretty eyes.
>>
>>19589830
I think I'll go with the eyes for now. I've been complimented on them a bit. Thanks for your support.
>>
>>19589908
Happy to help.

I'll be in and out for a while if anyone else has specific questions.

I can't really do the general "here's my profile, tell me everything that's wrong with it" reviews right now, I'm trying not to stay logged on to OkC for too long since there's some people I'm trying to avoid there. Just a heads-up, I guess.
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/MasterFawkes
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/ddiamondds

I'm fucking infallible, also overly confident.

I'm also looking for young twinks if anyone's interested.
>>
>>19589694
Im the guy asking aboout being big. thanks for the response. Im working on a profile now and Ill share it with ya
>>
>>19564468 here

What can I do to actually meet people on OKC? People around here always say that my profile is fine, but no one ever seems to message me, and out of the ~20 people I've messaged, I've only gotten like 2 replies.

Is it just a matter of patience and persistence, or is there something that I'm doing wrong? (I know my pictures suck, but they're the best ones I've got. I tried OKC's My Best Face feature and those were the ones that came out on top.)

Basically I just wanna know how I'm fucking things up for myself.
>>
>>19590720
You've got an ID. You don't have to say who you are. Just for future reference.

>>19590943
Well, first of all, twenty people isn't that many. I've probably messaged twenty people, and I'm a girl.

Second, your approach can make a big difference in what does and doesn't get a response. I know that I personally have adopted a policy of generally not responding to people who just say "hey" or "whats up [sic]" or "your really cute [sic]". Start off with a lead that's fun to talk about, or at least something specific to the girl you're messaging.

Also, pointing out your diverse or "eclectic" musical tastes means nothing. Lots of people have very widely varying musical tastes. That's normal. It'd be weirder if you only liked one type. Hell, yours aren't even all that broad. If you had Katy Perry and Keller Williams on the same list it still wouldn't be worth noting, but you've just got the vast expanse between My Chemical Romance and (gasp) The Killers? A rock band and a different type of rock band? Can... can they DO that?
But then that's just a pet peeve of mine.
>>
>>19591054
When I message people, I usually tend to say hello, mention what I liked about their profile and what interests we have in common, and then maybe ask how they're doing or some other question to hopefully lead into a conversation.

Regarding my music tastes, I think I consider them eclectic because I have different friends that all have very specific tastes in music. Some only like indie/hipster stuff like Animal Collective, some only like more mainstream rock like MCR, some only like punk bands like World Inferno, etc., while I like to mix-and-match a bit of all of those categories. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.
>>
>>19591380
Here are some examples of messages I've sent:

"Hey, just checked out your profile and you seem really interesting. It's cool to see someone else who has an interest in [X, Y, and Z]."

"Hey, just checked out your profile and you seem really interesting! I think we have a lot in common, [three and a half sentences on stuff we have in common]. Also, I really like girls with blue hair."

You get the idea.
>>
>>19591387
Those are really boring form letters, and they're only going to attract really boring girls.
>>
>>19594484
ya seriously. why not just be real instead of using formulaic, canned bullshit
>>
www.okcupid.com/profile/Yoshicity

Made it a few days ago as i was bored and legitimately curious about what sort of women use it. Kind of successful irl with women but after seeing 4chan/misc threads i thought I'd try it out.

Got a fair amount of numbers/girls wanting dates but yeah feel free to diss, say what can be improved and what not.
>>
>>19594700
>jus b real
What if that is him being real? His messages sound like mine, btw.
>>
>>19594872
>made profile a few days ago
>tons of numbers and dates already
That's not normal.
>>
>>19594976

Erm what do you want me to say?
>>
>>19595008
Tell us your secrets, Chad.
>>
Why do women like me on the match thing, and then when i like them back they check out my profile but dont message me?
>>
File: image.jpg (352KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352KB, 960x960px
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Punchmastero?cf=profile_similar
>>
>>19595072
They're just seeing what's up. You have to message them first, but there is no guarantee of a response.
>>
File: happy face.png (644KB, 575x630px) Image search: [Google]
happy face.png
644KB, 575x630px
>Doing the numbers approach
>hitting up nearly anyone
>having conversations with girls

I finally got over my anxiety of sending people messages. It feels so natural now.
>>
for the girls whos profile is all about why you SHOULDNT talk to them, just reply with "You have more rules about talking to you than a hooker who doesn't kiss." thanks newsreaders guaranteed to make you omega
>>
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/reading_hiker_
>>
>>19595098
lol ive always seen online apps ass a fun way to get nudes. you can lie and pretend with people. but its good practice because its so much easier to flirt in person
>>
>>19595037

Idk i just messaged " I want to cover you in green paint and spank you like a disobedient avocado" to every Azn in my area.

meh
>>
>>19595037

I'll assume my profile is pretty good.

If you read it I kept it pretty simple which i assume works.
>>
>>19595205
Who comes up with shit like this? You are on a different level, bro.
>>
>>19594484
>>19594700
What could I do to make my messages sound less boring and formulaic? Can anyone give me an example of a more interesting one?

>>19594968
I was being real, but if that makes my messages seem fake and formulaic, that's still a problem. It's a bit of a paradox.
>>
>see a chick who goes to my college
>send her a message
>check the next day
>she deleted her profile

God fucking damnit
>>
File: Snapshot_20140622_1.jpg (140KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20140622_1.jpg
140KB, 1280x1024px
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/grayson106

Dohoh, I look 15 all over again.
I'm curious what others think of me.

I'm still trying to find that perfect someone that I can be enemies with until the end of time
>>
>>19595763
u need facial hair and a tattoo on your forearm that is either tribal or an anchor. bitches will be all over your angry face then
>>
>>19595750
Yeah I deleted my old account when I was in college and I saw a girl from my uni view my profile. That was a serious "nope.jpg" moment.
>>
>>19595870
Except the only way I realised she was from my college was because she had it on her profile
>>
I'll bite
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/RichTheTraveler
>>
>>19595858
Thanks dudebro, I'll be sure to get myself some sick inks so the bitches will be all over me.

I just have resting bitch face. Alas.
>>
What's your approach to talking to people?

I generally just mention things that they post on their profile. For instance if a girl says she's moving soon, I'm just like "Oh hey, you're moving to X? That's awesome! What are your plans once you get there?" I just go for a friendly approach. Most of the time I don't even say hi or hey what's up anymore.

It gets me visitors and messages. I suck at flirting and I'm not really trying to "date". Just trying to get to know people and go from there.
>>
>>19566922
yea same. I realize I rely too much on facial expression and body language.
>>
>>19595992
I would say swap you pictures your second one would make a better profile pic.

now for any one who wishes to pass judgement on me go ahead.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/nerd_in_armor
>>
>>19598060
>26
Nigga you look 40.
>>
>>19598122
ya I am fucked in that department I look way older than I am
>>
>>19595205
>I want to cover you in green paint and spank you like a disobedient avocado
holy shit why did I laugh so hard

10/10
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.