[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

science AND math, kek, mad diss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: Zweistein.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zweistein.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
Newsflash for all the happy-go-bingbazinga nerds who are in your community.

Nobody cares whether light, gravity or my farts come out in waves or particles.

You might have got upset when you found out that santa claus was arrested on child molesting charges and it may remind you of the same feeling, but you shouldn't connect it to sadness, you should connect it to finding out the truth. Isn't that the reason you went to university (those of /sci/ who actually are or went to one and aren't just here to feel "sciency" and "nerdy")?
And the truth is, nobody cares whether Einstein was correct or not. What they care about is whether Einstein can put food in their tables. Can they live better with what Einstein said?

Oh and another thing: science can only explain things to a certain degree and in a given way.
The only thing that makes you guys think you are superior: money. It's who gets paid better and for what. As far as the status of the rest of you is concerned, it makes no difference to the world whether you have degrees or not, since you are unemployed (especially if you are in debt).
>>
>>7854604
I went to university to make money, faggot.
>>
>>7854613
but I bet you bitch when you hear of "women studies", correct?
>>
the sad thing is that somebody thought this would be the height of humour

just embarassing.
>>
>>7854670
focus here

>but you shouldn't connect it to sadness, you should connect it to finding out the truth

and you 'll get through
>>
>>7854604
I don't give a shit what these brainlets care about or don't care about. They might be happy with being mindless sheeple, consuming shallow entertainment all day and never thinking on their own. I was destined for intellectual greatness.
>>
That took a lot of words to say nothing at all OP.
>>
>>7855007
>nothing at all

yep, it stang
>>
>>7855072
>it stang
That's what u're mum said last night
>>
>>7855003
>>7854613
>>7855007
>>7854670

this is the state of scientists today

and we 're supposed to care whether Einstein was validated or not.
>>
>>7855707
>scientists
>on /sci/
Kek nice jk
>>
File: dnJBOxM.jpg (61KB, 685x474px) Image search: [Google]
dnJBOxM.jpg
61KB, 685x474px
>>7854604
epic troll op u sure got them rused haha xD look how angry they get when u pretend to be retarded haaaaa they just cant handle the uncomfortable truth right haha xD
>>
>>7855727
Never saw Mitsubishi Kaka in a white coat before
>>
>>7855727
I wasn't trolling

learn to think outside of the box
>>
>>7854604
You had a simple thought like "hero worship is dumb" and decided to be a total faggot about it. Bravo.
>>
>>7855787
>hero worship is dumb

you completely missed the point
>>
>>7854604
>hurr durr money is important
In other news: OP grows his first public hair.
>>
>>7855795
That and "most people only care about practical applications and you should be that way too, ya know." Not seeing any deep insights there but feel free to correct me.
>>
>>7855805
>public hair
Fucking kek. Is it only the visible hair, not hidden by clothes?
>>
>>7854604
>nobody cares
That must be why it's reported by every major news outlet on the planet... because nobody cares.
I mean that's what news agencies do, they report things nobody cares about.
>>
>>7855826
If it's hidden, then it's private hair.
>>
>>7855855
>private hair
It just means shy, introverted, anon. No need for such labels
>>
>>7855825
the point is, at a time of crisis, where people are uncertain about the future, where instability has occured, we learn that "EInstein may be validated".
And it prompts the question about science: what is science today, besides the voice of authority for how people should live their lives, used in ads and as an alibi to discriminate against "non western values"? What is it doing for the people?
If you can't afford medical bills, you won't get what science has to offer you to its full extent.
And technology and applications are constantly used to oppress people (weapons, surveillance, torture).
And let's not forget that the experiments of WW2 both in Germany and Manchuria and elsewhere are like illegal money to the taxz agencies: they count, regardless of where they came from, they are experience gained.
Where is the morality of science today?
People forget that science was based on a philosophical doctrine, owing to historic conditions.
But philosophy is lacking nowadays and as a consequence, critical thinking; science has replaced religion.
Instead of finding ways to alleviate suffering, the best minds are brains for hire to the highest bidder and they always look only after their interests which are in conflict with ours.
As I said in the OP: science can only explain a certain range of phenomena, and only in a certain way.
>>
>>7854604

OP has no curiosity no imagination but definitely has jesus
>>
>>7855925
it's exactly the opposite. Learn to read.
>>
>>7855765
>outside the box
That's literally what spacetime is faggot.
0/10 for desperate plea for attention
>>
>>7855947
>desperate plea for attention

if that's what you call the need to start a conversation, then I 'm guilty
>>
>>7855888
So what you're saying is science can't solve every problem in the world? Good to know, keep us informed.
>>
>>7855999
but it presents itself as the only answer; if science can't solve a problem then it can't be solved.
That's why there has been a dilation of the scientific field in the 20th century, to include everything from the natural world to societal. So that no other mental sphere can intervene.
I am not telling you something that your professors already tell you in the amphitheatres, no. I am exposing the class world for what it is.
>>
>>7854604
Seems OP was BTFO for some reason.
>>
ITT: OP is buttmad because he got cucked by a scientist
>>
>>7854604
Do you even science? We essentially verified publicly that space-time can be warped. Uup was officially added to the periodic table less than a month ago. Alcubierre is right, and warp drive could become public technology sooner than later. You are completely missing the point aside from the novelty of Einstein being right again.
>>
>>7857281
>You are completely missing the point

am I? who will use this technology? and to whose benefit?
>>
File: 1438000465328.png (114KB, 816x679px) Image search: [Google]
1438000465328.png
114KB, 816x679px
>>7857281
>>7857281
>We essentially verified publicly that space-time can be warped.

you do not understand what publicly means.

next, you will tell us that IUT is real math because it is on Arxiv
>>
so far, thanks to science, we have:

-no perfect consensus on anything, not even in pure math [which logic to choose, what field is more important]

-the research is geared towards what scientist like and avoids what scientist dislike [say if you want to do research on perpetual movement, you cannot]

-science is hardly communicable [most people do not care, the few people who care cannot into science, and then the few who remain always fight on what model is right and what model is wrong]

-scientist and general population rely on faith towards other scientists who claim that such or such part of such or such model is ''verified'' in their laboratory

-then scientists say ''if we can claim that it hold a few times in our laboratory, then it hold everywhere, every time]

-there is no consensus on how to rank models/theories
which means that there is no consensus on what is true [in positing that science gives what is true]

-plenty of scientists say that predictions matter, but scientists cannot say why why predictions matter.
[and predictions are always flawed by their proper essence: to stem from an inductive process over initial abstractions[concepts] which are generalized through space and time]

they say that this question is for ''philosophers'' [which they despise, because philosophy does not give ''computers, cars, more pleasures, less pains''.
why do scientists get up in the morning ? nobody knows
why must we finance their activities ? nobody knows
yet scientists do not hesitate to ask for money again and again.

to be more precise, there is nothing beyond the ''striving of the scientist for more and more fine predictions''.

-you ask a scientist why predictions matter, he will not answer you.

-you ask a scientist why finer predictions matter, he will say as you said: because it has better applications than the applications than we have today.
>>
-you ask why having (better) applications than we have today matters, he either does not reply, or replies ''because easing the life of the humans matters''.

-and when you ask why ''easing the life of the humans matters'', there is no answer again.

the conclusion is that:
-science/technology has always been easing in our life, and conflating this explicit purpose with ''giving us knowledge in accessing truths about the objective reality'' and other realist-rationalist fantasies to legitimate the development of this field [pure hedonism having always bad press] have clearly failed.

at best, the rationalist falls back, from his faith in the concept of objectivity, on the faith in the concept of ''inter-subjectivity'' which is roughly the faith in the concept of ''objective criterion to rank personal choices, once that a person wishes to solve some problem''

-even without applications, pure predictions are nothing but a concept and having faith in it shows how much the humanity clings to the abstraction of certainty in a desperate attempt to refuse the contingency of events [and it is a choice, in the first place, to think in such terms of contingency/necessity of life/events].

=> thanks scientists for making humanity better hedonists.
>>
>>7857334
>>7857335

ah, but is hedonism as you say the true "mistake" of science? or that it projects what you describe as hedonism, while inventing ways to fuck us over?
We could live in a society where we wouldn't have to spend dead time earning wages and live life to its fullest. Instead, the knowledge and technologies are usurped by the elites who force us to pay for the goods that scientists invent/produce.
Knowledge should be distributed freely.
Applcations and technologies should ease the life of the masses, not be a product available to those who can afford it or a tool for oppression.
>>
>>7856016
OK?

Some of us know this already. Question is what you're going to do about it.
>>
Hey guys I'm from a DIY and something got me thinking while redoing my bathroom.

Will a big bath tub or a small bath tub Maintain its water temperature longer? Big bath tub will have more volume and hold more heat but it will also have more surface area could lose it faster because of that.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>7857728
that's right: "some"

everybody should be aware. That's the first step.
>>
>>7855707
>and we 're supposed to care whether Einstein was validated or not.
No we don't have to care.
It was a discovery, so it apperared in the news.
It's never fine with you people is it?
If they don't report something than 'they' are keeping stuff behind. If they do report than you theink that 'we' should care.
Piss off.
>>
>>7854604
Niggers shouldn't be allowed to post here
>>
>>7857794
Should be, by your standards? Or..

Fact is, they aren't. Some even refuse to be educated. There's plenty of cases every day where you can stick proof of something directly in front of someone's face and they will still say "no".

I understand where you're coming from, but it's not going to happen. The fact that the majority doesn't want to know is an underlying point to the case: there would be no excitement to life if everything were as it should be.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.