[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the fuck does this exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (21KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 240x250px
why the fuck does this exist?
>>
>>7854152
to waste childrens time with irrelevant shit
>>
File: CC.png (47KB, 1258x561px) Image search: [Google]
CC.png
47KB, 1258x561px
>>7854152
To dumb down math education. This has been going on for a century now
>>
>>7854152
to optimize learning methods
>>
>>7854152

> seeks to establish consistent educational standards across the states as well as ensure that students graduating from high school are prepared to enter credit-bearing courses at two- or four-year college programs or to enter the workforce.[1]
>>
>>7854251
So, in short:

>to make wage slaves cross-compatible with different countries in "muh free market"
>>
>>7854260
How did you manage to go from "states" to "different countries"? Are you that retarded?
>>
I've read a bit about it but I feel like people are getting explanations from somewhere I can't reach. (Not from the US so it's not grabbing my attention all that much)

To my understanding it's some standard for primary school education and it doesn't look all that bad. The worst I've seen of it is questions who have very strong political messages, and a question about which day of the week has an "i" in it. Which I can see is a concern but if it's for primary school I don't really see why people are getting upset.
>>
File: 1416331752377.gif (4KB, 452x523px) Image search: [Google]
1416331752377.gif
4KB, 452x523px
to end white privilege
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724
>>
>>7854282
>I don't really see why people are getting upset.

Because in America, when people don't understand a federal program, that means it must be a sinister conspiracy to turn them homosexual.
>>
>>7854288
non-american here, Common core is pure "math" faggotry, so that sounds right.
>>
>>7854282
>strong political messages
> I don't really see why people are getting upset.
Heh,nothing wrong there go..guy!
>>
>>7854282

>doesn't look all that bad
>strong political messages

OY VEY
>>
>>7854152
It's a failed attempt to teach kids math instead of memorizing algorithms.
Too bad the teachers don't understand that.
>>
>>7854339
>>7854342
It was one question that could easily be stripped. It's not a cause for concern is what I'm saying. Reasonable legislators would remove it if it became an issue. The response seems disproportionate.
>>
>>7854345
Yeah thats why they cant photo the material and when one kid did it it was full of anti-intellectual stuff like reading is passive(read wrong) and playing games is not.
>>
>>7854345
> It's not a cause for concern is what I'm saying.

pic related

>Reasonable legislators would remove it if it became an issue.

Yeah, let something we know is toxic happen, then we solve it
>>
>>7854283
> Some kids don't have the "privilege" to get the education that I had
> So we dumbed down our education to a completely pointless autistic version
> Instead of teaching them the proper classic math my genration and every other generation before me has learned.

People who rape the integrity of mathematics with ridiculous excuses like this should be jailed for preventing kids to grow up intelligent.
>>
>>7854282
Common Core is a framework for education. Basically says things like "second grade students will learn how to add and subtract multiple digit numbers." "fourth grade students will learn about the civil war."

A national standard of education. Where the anger comes in, is that the clarifying documents, suggest that the best practice for teaching maths is to expose the students to multiple methods to help foster a deeper understanding of the subject. The ignorant public (and sometimes ignorant teachers) see these documents as instructions. They assume that because one outlined method of solving an equation is shown in a picture on the internet, that students are being forced to solve all similar problems in this method.
>>
>>7854442
> A national standard of education
Who decided this to be the standard ? Was there a vote or something ?
> to expose the students to multiple methods to help foster a deeper understanding of the subject.
Teaching them inefficient ways to solve math problems is helping nobody. Why don't you give them apples and solve 4 digit math operations like that, so they get a new perspective ?
>>
>>7854448
The feds got together a panel of experts, who then stole the virginia state standards and told all the other states to follow them.

This was okay, because virginia was practically the only state with decent standards. They had been updating them for 15 years to account for changes in best practices.

I believe the congress voted for common core.

>inefficient ways
>helping nobody

That is just like your opinion, man.
>>
>>7854191
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIKGV2cTgqA
>>
>>7854464
I never learned that because I considered it stupid. I wish I had been introduced to non-new math.
>>
>>7854464
While it hasn't made it out of the lecture hall, currently the education academia are leaning towards removing homework. Because a parent badly helping his child with homework is worse for the childs education than no homework at all.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.