[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Astronomy is Wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: dysonbanner.png (234KB, 708x379px) Image search: [Google]
dysonbanner.png
234KB, 708x379px
According to the Fermi Paradox, the galaxy should already be occupied by the type three civilization. If that is the case, they could be drawing power from multiple stars in the galaxy, including our own. If they have the power to take power from the stars in the entire galaxy, then that means there is a chance that our mathematics about the stars could be wrong and that certain properties of the universe itself might be slightly different then we believe it is, which could account for "many things" we are currently unable to account for.
>>
>>7852949
yeah, astrophysics is full of bullshit from what I can tell
>>
>>7852949
You are stupid.
>>
>>7852949
stars that aliens fucked with would become statistical outliers

just increase sample size and you'd see mostly unaltered stars.
>>
>According to the Fermi Paradox, the galaxy should already be occupied by the type three civilization.

No. You don't understand what you're quoting. The Fermi Paradox asks if life is common in the universe and the distance to stars is small in comparison to the age of the universe then where are the aliens? It doesn't make any claims about the existence of aliens. All it says is there must be some reason they haven't been observed.
>>
>>7852949
>According to the Fermi Paradox
That's not how that... Oh never mind.
>>
>>7852949
>implying energy needs increase exponentially as a civilization advances
>implying civilizations would expand outwards, instead of increasing density to allow lower latency communication
>>
>>7852949
You believe the aliens colonized our galaxy based on a shitty assumption, even believe that in some way they're fidgeting with our star (which should be a completely observable event if it's really happening), but you're ready to throw in the trash decades of scientific discoveries and confirmations because it contrasts your baseless assumption. I'm feeling truly illuminated now, thanks for making me realize how silly I was before, you changed my life, really.
>>
Fermi was full of shit.
Nobody could ever make such an audacious prediction with little to no sample size.
He was good at assuming shit. The Fermi Paradox should be called the The Fermi Estimate instead because that name isn't a lie in itself.
>>
>>7852949
>According to the Fermi Paradox
>Fermi Paradox
opinion discarded.
>>
>inb4 the entire galaxy is already occupied except for the fringe worlds which is where we are located
>>
>>7852949

I sincerely believe we are the first in the galaxy to have a civilization that can communicate via radio waves.

Also taken into consideration the Great Filter.
>>
>>7853442

Also it made me think that alien civilizations tend to thrive in the 'outer rim' of the galaxy, far from the mid-center where lots of activity are going on, like gamma-ray bursts, supernovas and etc.
>>
>>7853511
>>7853442

Then again, multi-star system civilizations may ONLY exist coreward because the stars are close enough together for that to be feasible
>>
>>7853511
>>7853537
Why are you nerds talking about this gay shit when we could be talking about what the aliens look like, or their culture?
>>
File: 2spooky.gif (499KB, 483x325px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.gif
499KB, 483x325px
>>7853583
Hive minds possibly?
>>
>>7853049
but what if they where fucking with all the stars.
>>
>>7852949
There might just be as many as 0.1 level 0 civilisations per galaxy. It heavingly depends on many factors, like having a moon, having a long-living star, not being too close to the galaxy center, being in a big galaxy and having enough elements avaible to form live. We also have to consider that warp-travel might be impossible after all, which means that we can effectively only travel at 0.3c (otherwise random atoms in space will wreck our ship). And if there is no level 3 civilisation in our galaxy, it means they would take billions of years to reach our galaxy at their speeds.
>>
File: dyson-sphere-artist.jpg (97KB, 900x573px) Image search: [Google]
dyson-sphere-artist.jpg
97KB, 900x573px
or they have formed an insular civilization inside a dyson sphere
if your world is one giant computer and you can create and recreate entire digital worlds of your own making - why go outside to go exploring
maybe they even discovered other ways of transporting or teleporting themselves from one dyson sphere to another from star to star or across galaxies or even another galaxy
- maybe they are so fucking advanced beyond us that anything we do here would be unnoticeable and anything they did would be so unbelieveably impossible for us to detect let alone understand
- it would be like walking over an ant hill as you board an international flight to bangkok - they ants would have no clue as to who you were or what you were doing
>>
>>7854324
That's a retarded presumption.

Also i think you didn't really get the fermi paradox. It shows that if civilizations develop similarly to a certain degree and we assume that life forms based on luck, we should see some evidence of alien life in the universe, but we don't. The conclusion is all of that "big filter" stuff, which is probably correct imo
>>
>>7854644
I have trouble agreeing with your point. I mean wouldn't especially these super advanced things be picked up by anything?
The ant analogy is pretty of imo, since we can detect things waaay larger than us. I guess you could say the difference in size is supposed to be a difference in technology etc., but i just can't imagine a civilization developing beyond anything measurable
>>
>>7852994
this t.b.h.
>>
>>7854730
>The ant analogy is pretty of imo, since we can detect things waaay larger than us.
The ants can detect bigger things, but they don't recognise that a car is a creation of an intelligent being for example. It's just a mundane object to them. That's where the analogy works, we can detect things but may not necessarily see the significance of them purely because we see something "mundane".
>>
>>7854764
Ok i see what you are getting at. You're right, the analogy fits decently. I still have trouble with your theory, since it basically removes itself from any kind of validation possible just by it's nature.
>>
>>7853506
based on literally nothing.
>>
>>7854879
And you base being not the first civilization so send out radio waves on what exactly?
Other than probability of course
>>
>>7852949
>Drawing power from stars
Solar panels, literally all the energy produced with water, any food with nutritions, fossile fuels. Pretty much all the energy on the planet requires mainly sunshine and bits of power from any star that's light comes here.
>>
The Fermi Paradox is complete horseshit.

>Type three civilizations

I fucking hate this shit. It's baseless, pointless, fairy-tale dumbfuckery. The universe is a fuckhuge place, and believing that we're going to find a way to traverse it sometime soon is absolutely ridiculous.

Unless we can find someway to literally create free energy, FTL travel is a dead idea.
>>
>>7855714
Fucking this.

How can actual scientist perpetuate this idiotic meme.

Maybe aliens have found other ways to create energy rather than fucking harnessing galaxies.
Maybe they didn't want to do it at all, why assume they would have that mentality to drain energy multiply etc.
Maybe they did some crazy quantum tech shit that made them higher beings
Maybe who the fuck knows what.

Tier civilizations is a video game fucking bullshit meme fucking shit am mad.
>>
>>7852949
True, yet you forgot to add to account laws of physics (Law of relativity, and theory of general relativity).
>>
>>7855852
>>7852949
In that case it is evident that we cannot get in touch with them nor them would get in touch with us in physical aspects, but only the exchange of information (radio waves, see wow signal).
>>
>>7852949
It already happened, they are called, "pulsars".
>>
>>7852949

Even if extraterrestrials had built matrioska brains around millions of stars in our galaxy, we would still be able to see their microwave radiation. There would be lots of bright points that could be easily observed and then questions would have to be raised.

But we don't see that.

If you're interested you can check out Fermilab's examination of low-IR signals that are also expected from Dyson Spheres.

>http://home.fnal.gov/~carrigan/infrared_astronomy/Fermilab_search.htm
>http://home.fnal.gov/~carrigan/infrared_astronomy/Fermilab_search_tem_2010_12_14.html

>>7854879

Based on the Fermi Paradox actually. No spacefaring aliens to be seen, anywhere.
>>
>>7855714
>>7855812
>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but I dun wanna be alone ;_;

Stay mad, believerfags.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.