[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw americans spend billions of dolalrs to make a giant detector

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: cheap ligo detector.webm (410KB, 412x308px) Image search: [Google]
cheap ligo detector.webm
410KB, 412x308px
>mfw americans spend billions of dolalrs to make a giant detector to prove that gravity can bend space when all they had to do was make some coffee and stir it
>>
>>7851164
kek
>>
>>7851164
kek
>>
>>7851164
looks like ur mums butthole m8
>>
>>7851164
jesus, i can feel how asshurt you eurofags are from all the way across the ocean. We are #1. sit down, shut up, learn from us.
>>
>>7851311

Half the team aren't even from the U.S., you fat retard.
>>
>>7851311
Almost all LIGO technology was developed from GEO600, an experiment in Germany.

This is a great international discovery, don't be the crass, ignorant american.
>>
Why didn't all detectors on the globe record the same signal at the same time?
>>
>>7851402
Cause the other are still upgrading.

VIRGO (Italy) should go online in 2017 and will perform more accurate measurements. Japan is working on one too, but I don't know what's the status.

In any case, this LIGO had two station which both detected something.
>>
>>7851164
that's no coffee
>>
lul
>>
>>7851321
>>7851331

>hypocritically say otherwise when CERN makes discoveries.
>>
>>7851311
go back to walmart pls
>>
>>7851164
That doesn't even mix it properly
>>
>>7851311
>we are #1
>/sci/ help me with this x^2-1 = 0 I have two PhDs but my math is a bit rusty
>>
>>7852314
Non-euro involvement in CERN is like 1% in manpower and R&D, and even less in funding, m8. It's not comparable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIGO_Scientific_Collaboration
>>
>>7851311
>jesus
/thread
>>
What the fuck does that experiment prove?
>>
>>7853182
If god's real.
>>
It's called centrifugal force, as a substance is moved in a circular direction the contents tend to stick to the walls of the container trying to push out following the direction of the movement. Gravity on the other hand is the pulling force that we have no idea how it works.
>>
>>7853257
hmm let's see...model the universe as a non-newtonian fluid, put spherical particles that represent stars, add a massive particle that represents a black hole, give everything angular momentum proportional to its mass, add boundary bubble made of dark matter. BAM galaxy created.
>>
>>7853425
And you're mum is still a whore.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.