[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people who barely passed high school science,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: Jeremy clarkson.jpg (56KB, 532x550px) Image search: [Google]
Jeremy clarkson.jpg
56KB, 532x550px
Why do so many people who barely passed high school science, or people who are experts in a completely different field, always have an opinion of things they literally do not have the framework to understand?

The average climate change denier or flat earther does not have the base of knowledge required to even begin to engage with the topic.

Why can't people just say "I don't know" and keep their mouths shut?

T. An engineering student that keeps his mouth shut about biology, chemistry, climatology, etc.
>>
do you think the average climate change supporter has the base of knowledge required to even begin to engage with the topic?
>>
>>7850881
Their new age priests have imbued them with the powa of the AGW carbon rationing Gods!
>>
You might be allegedly smart on scientific topics but you are dumb as fuck when it comes to human psychology 101.

It's simply the fact that humans want attention and valdation. A natural and easy way to achieve that is to tap into the social conscious and project an image of being knowledgeable on a hot button topic.. the kind of topics that get gullible people on board and hothead idiots like you woynd.. so that the topic stats relevant. To them it doesn't matter if they are right about something or not, as long as people are paying attention to them when they spout their inane trash.

Get an education retard.
>>
>>7850892

I had my own ideas of why, dummy, I was asking you faggots.

And I agree with you entirely.
>>
>>7850881

No. They should keep their mouth shut too and let the scientists in those fields do their fucking work.
>>
>>7850892
>hot button topic
>Dialects for children
>>
>>7850870
Biology is not a real science so even a hobo has a valid opinion on that subject. Everyone does, actually.
>>
>>7850870
Have you listened Stephen Hawking talking about philosophy?

It's literally cancer.
>>
>>7850922
>muh hur dur, It doesn't require hard maths therefore It's easy and useless.

ok
>>
>>7850922
Someone has obviously never taken organic chemistry or biochem.
>>
>>7850954
>>7851906

This situation >>7850922 has gotten outta hand, it's like he searches for "biology" in all the threads and the catalog and samefags the same comments every time. Since it's been happening a lot in the last 3 days I assume it's just one insecure high schooler instead of troll/banter. Don't seriously reply and hope for a ban.
>>
>implying I passed high school science

Jokes on you OP I failed four high school science classes!
>Tfw I'm not kidding.
>>
Im a biologist. I trolled a bunch of physics gurus on pf into believing they werent alive. We arent... But thats not important... Trolling is about pissing ppl off
>>
>>7850870

Three words: Dunning-Kruger Effect.
>>
>>7850870
>The average climate change denier or flat earther does not have the base of knowledge required to even begin to engage with the topic.

I don't know, the greenhouse effect at least can be taught to third graders.
>>
>>7853354
I love that paper with all my heart.
>>
Same reason why everyone is a movie critic these days

Thank you based Jew tube for literally butchering film criticism
>>
>>7850870
Same reason why Kanye West feels like tweeting everyone that Bill Cosby is innocent. It's a common behaviour amongst many people. There is nothing "wrong" with having an opinion either. Why? Because "right" and "wrong" are just mere constructs. I do understand how it can be annoying/aggravating though.
>>
>>7850870
>an opinion of things they literally do not have the framework to understand?
That's called having an opinion, OP. Opinions don't require science.
>>
File: Heebie-jeebies.jpg (44KB, 470x317px) Image search: [Google]
Heebie-jeebies.jpg
44KB, 470x317px
Dunning Kruger effect probably
>>
>>7850911
Government policies in a democratic nation require public approval to enact. This isn't a technocracy. People are expected to have rudimentary opinions on all issues.
>>
>Hey anon what do you study
>Physics
>Are you team quantum gravity or team string theory
>I really haven't covered those topics yet so I could not tell you
>I'm team quantum gravity
>What do you study?
>philosophy
>>
>>7850950
And still better than Krauss and the black guy.

There is an interesting talk between Kauffman and Pigliucci on the pop-scientists and their uninformed opinions about humanities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SljwUvDJteI
>>
>>7853637
>"right" and "wrong" are just mere constructs
Not when you're referring to whether or not an observable phenomenon exists.
>>
>>7853637
There is nothing wrong with having an opinion, but the opinion can still be wrong.
>>
>>7853702
Then there is something wrong about having an opinion if it's wrong. It is that you are wrong. I'm really pro freedom of speech and all but man, those faggs who don't vaccinatr their children... It makes me rethink my principles.
>>
I have some friends, that although will admit they're wrong if proven so, will go to great lengths to try to be right in an argument. They just hate being wrong. Now imagine if they didn't have the very nice quality of being able to admit they're wrong.
>>
>>7853751
Have you ever admitted that it didn't matter if you were right?
>>
>>7850870
>The average climate change denier or flat earther does not have the base of knowledge required to even begin to engage with the topic.
The average climate change supporter doesn't have any education on the topic either, and just dimwittedly spouts insults and repeats some slogans he heard from famous people about it. No surprise that climate change deniers see their views confirmed when they only meet a bunch of mouthbreathing idiots who have strong emotional opinions even though they can't explain shit. There is a lot of scientific data on climate change, but its loudest proponents don't know any of it.
>>
>>7850950
Philosophy requires no education. Literally any kindergarten child is a philosopher.
>>
>>7853693
Bazinga!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.