[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Einstein failed his math exams many times in school Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: MTE5NDg0MDU0OTU2OTAxOTAz.jpg (110KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU0OTU2OTAxOTAz.jpg
110KB, 1200x1200px
>Einstein failed his math exams many times in school

Why does this myth persist?

Is it spread false hope that "anyone can do math if they try hard enough"?
>>
>>7850595

Do you have autism?
>>
>>7850597
Yes
The kind that makes me smurt
>>
>>7850610

Fuck off and stop polluting this board with trash threads
>>
>>7850595
His IQ gets fabricated too

As long as its web ads doing these things, not schoolteachers IRL
>>
Sorry lad, no one gives a shit about your reddit tier thread
>>
>>7850595

He didn't fail his maths exams, he failed the general portion of an entrance exam though, and was advised to go to another institution.
>>
>>7850618
>>7850595
>"We are all geniuses. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it's stupid."

F
F
S
>>
>>7850595
It's a common misconception originating from different grading systems in Germany and Switzerland. In Germany 1 is the best grade (meaning "excellent") and 6 the worst grade (meaning "failed"). In Switzerland the order is reversed. Einstein passed all his math classes in high school with grade 6 in Switzerland, so uneducated Germans assumed he failed them all.
>>
>>7850728
>Switzerland
Einstein was a dunce and manufactured philanthropist. This should be common knowledge by now. His live in girlfriend and Vatican handlers were the real genius.
>>
>>7850906
>/pol/ is leaking
>>
>>7850705
The whole flaw with that is we're all humans. So we'll be judged on what humans can and should do. It's not like we're calling chimpanzees retarded because they can't do calculus. That phrase is just for mommy's special little snowflakes
>>
>>7851104
It's in analogy with the greentext in the OP

It's popularly attributed to Einstein but there's no reason to believe he's ever said it, and it's just a stupid thing to believe regardless, as you said. That's my point.
>>
>>7850595
This was brought up while he was still alive even. According to his bio he laughed and told them "I've never failed a class in my life, not even gym."

It is true he dropped out though, twice I think and his education in maths was considered modest in comparison to other scientists. He lamented not taking more math later in life, he felt his limited math skills were keeping him from finishing his unified field theory.
>>
>>7850906
>live in girlfriend
Don't you mean his BLACK live in girlfriend?

WE WUZ....
>>
>>7852567
>inb4 people use einstein to justify dropping out like they do with bill gates
>>
>>7852637
Unlike Gates he did eventually finish.

I think he dropped out of what was basically high school once and out of college once. Also the college he graduated from was not super prestigious at the time and his degree was pretty general, just generic applied science or something.

He got more degrees later but it still wasn't much compared to other scientists.
>>
>>7850595
Yes bascially. Ive heard all kinds of rumours people made up about him just so they can make him seem more human.
>"Did you know Einstein didn't know how to tie his own shoes?"
>>
>>7850728
finally someone who knows their stuff
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.