[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gravitational waves don't exist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (15KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 316x202px
Why do they want to prove so badly that FTL travel is not possible? Do they never want us to leave earth and colonise other solar systems?
>>
>>7847630
Because they don't have any idea what to do if grav waves don't exist
>>
>>7847630
>boo hoo no FTL
Shit only matters if you plan on coming back.
>>
>>7847630
>Do they never want us to leave earth and colonise other solar systems?
Yes, exactly so.
>>
>>7847630
Statistically speaking it's very likely we never do colonise other star systems

Otherwise you'd expect that you'd be born on another planet in a multiplanetary republic, since the population would be significantly larger.

It's most likely that the population starts to decrease in the near future and we go extinct.
>>
>>7847674
Your'e essentially assigning a probability to randomness, that random births favor large population concentrations.

You must be an engineer.
>>
>>7847716
are you more likely to be born at a point in time where only a few hundred humans exist or when seven billion people exist?

or put another way, if we could view all the people who will ever exist on a population graph and we put (You) somewhere at random, it's most likely you're going to be around the peak(s)
>>
>>7847644
>Shit only matters if you plan on coming back.
Sorry, but that's just not true.
We don't have a way to accelerate anything that will get a human up to relativistic speeds.

>>7847674
>Otherwise you'd expect that you'd be born on another planet in a multiplanetary republic, since the population would be significantly larger.
>>7847761
>are you more likely to be born at a point in time where only a few hundred humans exist or when seven billion people exist?

There are a hundred times as many ants as humans, what are the odds you wouldn't be born an ant?
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 750x1177px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 750x1177px
>>7847761
He just said thats false. Theres no correlation with population density and chance of conception or birth.

>mfw took the bait
>>
>>7847769
oh well if he said its false
>>7847766
>There are a hundred times as many ants as humans, what are the odds you wouldn't be born an ant?
this is a low energy b8, you're a real low energy kinda guy
>>
>>7847772
Its false because you literally cant prove that theres an upward curve for quality of living with population increase. For all you know we were just lucky.
>>
>>7847779
>literally cant prove that theres an upward curve for quality of living with population increase
that's barely relevant and even if it were a simple rephrasing of the principle makes the same point

>tfw this post made me respond
>>
>>7847630
Just because somebody proves something you don't like doesn't mean they are against you. If you want it to be true so bad, prove it
>>
>>7847772
Not him but it's not bait it's true. You are more likely to be born an ant. You weren't that specific.
>>
>>7847716

Nice
>>
>>7847772
Fukken owned pleb n3wf49
>>
>>7847779
are you mentally disabled?
>>
>Why do they want to prove so badly that FTL travel is not possible?
because it isnt.

>Do they never want us to leave earth and colonise other solar systems?
civilization ending event>>>>>>>>>> extinction event>>civilization colonizing multiple systems event .
in terms of probability .

as for life going to other systems\planets it wouldnt surprise my if our system got and gave life to other systems already . panspermia seemed silly to me at first but the hundreds of thousands of meteorites that we found on earth from other planets\moons some of which could have atmospheres \ oceans of some liquids and the existence of organisms that could survive journeys longer then the existence of mankind on these meteorites really makes a good case for panspermia .

i mean we found 500000 yearold bacteria just chillin like nothing happened .
>>
>>7847975
Nigga u gay

U relly think sperm hitches rides on meteors snd flown to another world?
>>
>>7847982
Only a meteor have enough energy to reach your mothers uterus so it had to happen at least once.
>>
>>7847982
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia
read up nigga , they tested all sorts of shit and its legit .thats what i love about legit science , alot of the shit we take for granted sounded retarded at the time .
>>
>>7847630
We need significant improvements in propulsion technology still but it is technically possible to do it without FTL. It would just be a one way trip pretty much.
>>
They just published a study that says we will never even stop using fossil fuels until every last one of us chokes.

How does that make you feel?
>>
>>7847674

>Otherwise you'd expect that you'd be born on another planet in a multiplanetary republic, since the population would be significantly larger

Why do you presume that multi-planet republics are viable? Space is much bigger than Earth, and people won't have to share or fight as much - not being 100% autonomous and self suffcient is a disaster waiting to happen, and a self-destruct device to assure obedience could be hacked by terrorists as a weapon.

Maybe the elite already went into space, and they don't want anyone following them. Kind of odd how no one even remembers that there was more than one moon landing. How we now have a mass of junk in orbit that could destroy any rocket that tried to leave Earth. How several astronauts supposedly died during the early days of Apollo, resulting in off-the-book astronauts. How our world has been poisoned as if whoever's in charge lives somewhere else.

US and Soviet rocketry was stolen from Nazis, and the US and UK were both big on eugenics. Maybe they gritted their teeth, and rotted us from the inside out. Maybe they used every last bit of genetics information that came out - maybe they funded it. Maybe they made their Ubermensch, and sent him to the stars.

Maybe there are gods in the depths of space, living on spacecraft built by STEM slaves. Maybe humanity already colonized the stars, and we're like a bunch of kids left to raise themselves in the woods. Maybe during Apollo, we contacted other humans, and the astronauts who have died were in fact chosen to join the space elite.

Maybe there are space people with immortal cyborg bodies, who deride us as apes.
>>
>>7847630
>they
you need to be more specific with your conspiracy theories
>>
>>7847630
>Why do they want to prove so badly that FTL travel is not possible? Do they never want us to leave earth and colonise other solar systems?

If FTL travel isn't possible, whether we prove it or not has no bearing on our ability to use it. It's not like
>oh shit, we just pre-riced FTL isn't possible, now we'll never be able to use it

In conclusion, you're a retard.
>>
>>7848212
s/pre-riced/proved/
>>
>>7847990
>>7847982
lol I told someone about panspermia and I got the same incredulous response. Then I showed him the wiki article which shut him up.
>>7848110
They=Jews, this is like law #1 of /pol/ academy.
>>7848077
cryostasis
>>
>>7848095
Although it may seem like the contrary, smoking pot mostly makes you have idiot ideas
>>
>>7847630
Does the existence of gravitational waves somehow preclude the possibility of FLT other than by confirming general relativity?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.