[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YOU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4849x2425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4849x2425px
>are abandoned on mars
>no prefab shelters
>no seeds to grow crops
>5 hours of oxygen left

How do you science the shit out of this? Failure is not an option.
>>
what the fuck lel. They didn't edit out the plants on the left side of the screen in the movie ? Thats bad directing right there if you ask me
>>
>>7846563
You have to give more descriptions, bro. Is there a spacecraft nearby? Some way out? If not, it's just impossible to get out of the planet, of course. The land isn't fertile either so anybody in that situation would be screwed and would have to just wait for death.
>>
>>7846578
>expecting to be prepared in a situation like this

Kek. You must be an engineer.
>>
You don't. There's literally nothing you can do with the knowledge we have,expect for laying there and embracing death. But i would also tuck my arms into my suit and give me a last minute wank.
>>
>>7846563
make peace with the spiders
>>
>>7846563
>explore in this option is correct
>meteors where is option to have micro materials or mountain exploration in stone (Higher chance in mountain to find something in stone)
>check shoes on costume it have any micro biology parts
>There is problem with ekosystem 4 options
I_Meteors eko system II_Cave to use closed space maybe find difrent source III_Become humanoid living plant inside skin IIII_Closed space use blood for nutration of micro life.
>Lack of means surgery on myself with elements of ship to use less oxygen and create booble for ekosystem where what i breath for 5 h will be for plants too.
>if my space ship have working electricty i can move on mars to survive on middle side temperature travel + This mean faster grow of plants "theory"
>Use sperm on plants maybe work in someway lol
i'm just guy who watched lot of scf and that's all
i forgot to mention >proably kill myself because of being alone
>>
>>7846893
You need to work on your English. I'm not saying that in a nasty way, your writing is just very difficult to understand.
>>
>>7846566
NASA is trying to tell us something. Either that or it's an out-take leaked before the film release.
>>
>>7846563
Beat off.
>>
>>7846893
Baconrider, is that you?
>>
> implying O2 simply disappeared
> Not extracting O2 from sweat, shit and piss

What kind of shitty equipment do you want us to deal with here ?
>>
>>7846757
>the ultimate autoerotic asphyxiation
>>
>>7846563
Use my 12inch dick as a lassoo to grab the moon and propel myself back to oerth
>>
>>7848213
Oxygen is not all that hard to get on Mars. The soil is rich in nitrates and perchlorates, which can be exothermically decomposed to release elemental oxygen (and oxides of nitrogen, which can be further separated, or used to synthesize storable oxidizers like N204). There are also oxides, such as sodium oxide, which can easily be made into peroxides.

Thermal energy is readily available with lightweight fresnel lenses or focusing mirrors. Since the Mars wind never gets worse than an Earth breeze, you can set up large, elaborate light-focusing systems on simple frames without them blowing over. There's also little worry of corrosion.

Large stores of chemical energy can also be made with simple equipment, by taking advantage, for example, of the iron oxide cycle, which can be used to make a water-splitting fuel using only the high temperatures of focused sunlight in open air, and material abundant on Mars:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_oxide_cycle

Living on Mars with a small amount of relatively simple and maintainable equipment is possible.

Of course, none of that has any relevance to OP's idiotic scenario of a guy somehow ending up on Mars with absolutely nothing to work with and 5 hours of air.
>>
>>7848301
> Living on Mars with a small amount of relatively simple and maintainable equipment is possible.

How do you maintain a life suit though ? Is there a way to make good quality plastic from easily obtainable material ?
>>
>>7848351
FYI if you typed these profoundly ignorant questions into Google you would not only get better answers but you could spare yourself the embarrassment of having people laugh at you.
>>
>>7848360
But what would be the point of 4chan then ? It's not like I really give a fuck about the question either, i'm just trying to get how far you can discuss about living on mars
>>
I would did, along with everyone else that isn't in a fictitious movie character.
>>
>>7848204
Based bacon
>>
>>7848363
Yes, what exactly is the point of going to a website filled with racist teenagers in order to learn the fundamentals of polymer synthesis?
>>
>>7848351
You don't necessarily need a soft plastic suit. You could make a rigid mini-vehicle all out of metal and glass, interacting with the outside world through magnetically-coupled waldoes, or using much cruder flexible sealed linkages than what you'd need for a good set of gloves.

It's not like soft pressure suits give you a lot of fine dexterity.
>>
>You find yourself trapped on the inside ledge of a volcano
>The rock wall is slanted towards you and cannot be climbed
>You have zero tools or materials and will burn up and die within the hour

How do you Science The Shit Out Of This, /sci/?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.