[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the biggest public health memes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (90KB, 712x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 712x960px
What are the biggest public health memes?
>>
Tap water is in any way dangerous
>inb4 rajeet shitposts on how his country has faeces in their watrer
>>
>>7846228
You don't need to be Rajeet to live near a fracking facility and drink lead water.
>>
>You can get a cold from standing outdoors when it is cold.
>If your hair is thinning, shave it and it will grow back thicker.
>Condoms are extremely effective in stopping transmission of viruses such as HIV and HSV.
>HSV is dangerous and ruins your life forever.
>A glass of red wine a week is good for everyone.
>Eating fat makes you fat; avoid fat at all costs.
>Sugar is bad for you; eat artificial sweeteners instead.
>Cholesterol is objectively bad for health.
Will post more if I can remember more.
>>
>>7848418
>Sugar is bad for you; eat artificial sweeteners instead.
But the general consensus is fake sugar gives you the autism.

I'll add:
>Marijuana cures ________.
>Vaccines cause autism
>Humans are objectively herbivores
>Wheat is bad for you
>It's her body, it's her choice
>>
>>7846222
>climate change is real
>>
>>7848443
>>It's her body, it's her choice
this is hardly a health meme, just a poor argument
>>
>>7848443
Yes, but sugar will make you obese, no matter how much you eat.
Don't worry, though. Amylase isn't real, so starch and carbohydrates won't make you fat as easily! Just avoid all sugar at all costs, unless it's in fruit because then it's a totally different type of sucrose which is objectively good for you, no matter how much you eat!
>>
>>7848482
>sugar will make you obese, no matter how much you eat.

This sentence really triggers me.
>>
>>7848461
Its not? I thought we were all laughing on the inside as these landwhales ate themselves to oblivion.
>>
>>7848489
well "her body, her choice" is a usually a pro-choice argument
people who use this as their main/only argument would by extension have to advocate for decriminilization of all drugs because "my body, my choice" but i find it hard to believe that people who make that argument would feel comfortable about taking that logical step.
>>
>>7848558
People are calling for the legalization of drugs already. There are people who are calling for the legalization of pedophilia as well.
>>
>>7848580
i would consider myself to be part of the former.
+ what exactly do you mean by legalization of pedophilia? surely noone is actually advocating for people to be able to have sex with kids?
>>
>>7848580
Drug prohibition causes more societal problems than drug use.
>>
>>7848595
Well in the definition of laws against minors, it is generally regarded that the minor cannot consent to the act.knowing the full details. Just like they can't vote, or take out a loan. People advocate that children who are taught sex-ed know these ramifications and should be allowed to make decisions for themselves.
>Read: a perversion of the true intent of the law

>>7848617
Take any commodity and open it up to importation without the ability to sustain it on domestic soil and see what happens. See oil, opium in china, gold, diamonds, silk etc. Columbia would be able to flood and starve the market, throw in a little tax deficit and the US would be willing to go to war.

>Less problems
>>
trans fats are literally poison, except for those in butter, which are healthful

second-hand smoke is a serious problem

cribs with sliding sides are deadly

lead in children's blood is still a major problem

salt in food is bad for you
>>
>>7846228
Rajeet here, drinking shit water.
Been living in UK for a decade now, and all we get is processed sewage. There are constant excess amounts of copper in water, that is used to kill off various things.
Stopped drinking tap water, and that was the only thing I changed, about a year ago. All the allergies I developed when I moved here have instantly disappeared.
>>
>>7846228
http://www.nrdc.org/water/drinking/uscities.asp

Also, see Flint, Michigan.
>>
File: wew.jpg (75KB, 419x308px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
75KB, 419x308px
>>7848672
>thinking something is only either good or bad for you no matter the amount
>>
>>7848418
>Condoms are extremely effective in stopping transmission of viruses such as HIV
Yes?
>>
>>7848672
>second-hand smoke is a serious problem

Considering how long smokers can live without developing any problems in surprised people actually still believe it's bad. They've done a god job of banning it almost everywhere indoors now.
>>
File: gets.jpg (6KB, 234x283px) Image search: [Google]
gets.jpg
6KB, 234x283px
>>7846222
>>7848444
>>7848666
WITNESSED
>>
>>7846222
>public health
>memes
Pick one.
>>
>>7848935
>Considering how long smokers can live without developing any problems in surprised people actually still believe it's bad.

Maybe they're smart enough to know that just because Uncle Frank lived to the ripe old age of 103 and smoked all his life, it doesn't discredit statistical proof.
>>
>>7848935
Well there are currently over 12000 articles on second hand smoke on Pubmed. Pretty much all of them seem to agree that second hand smoke isn't exactly healthy, particularly when concerning kids. It's hardly a meme.

Not all smokers (first- or second hand) develop health problems, but the proportion of respiratory issues in smokers is a lot higher than in non-smokers.

>>7848672
Salt is not inherently bad but it depends on the concentration. Particularly if you have cardiac issues you should avoid too much salt. Same for fats, although trans fats are usually bad for you (in particular, they have very few benefits but a lot of risks).
>>
>>7848485
Also feeling triggered.
>>
CO2 is killing the planet. Humans breath in 0.04% CO2 and exhale 4% CO2.
>>
>>7848595
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association&ved=0ahUKEwj_mKjU9-_KAhXDpx4KHbNYAlMQFgggMAI&usg=AFQjCNEn8fZQTgo2Ksbky8O9eUXe6qlz3Q&sig2=NZnnudjRaA3HHdF3YNvgmw
>>
>>7848920
Not really.
They're 98% effective as contraceptives, but in terms of HIV, the efficacy is much lower. The scientific community still hasn't come to an overall consensus on their true efficacy, but the generally accepted lower and upper bounds are 70% and 95% respectively. 80% seems to be the most widely accepted statistic. The reason for their low efficacy is simple - HIV virions are much smaller than spermatozoa, therefore can fit through microtears in the condom that spermatozoa can't.
Still, we can all agree that condoms are pretty much useless in protecting against HSV.
>>
>>7848443
>fake sugar gives you the autism.
>autism being something you can't develop since part of the criteria is that you've had it since you were a child
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.