[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we know what's in the middle of the earth? No one's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: earth_cross_section.png (40KB, 294x280px) Image search: [Google]
earth_cross_section.png
40KB, 294x280px
How do we know what's in the middle of the earth? No one's been down there, right? Realistically, it could be hollow and have a bunch of dinosaurs living down there.
>inb4 someone posts scribbly seismic lines
those prove nothing
>>
Not a rock doctor, but I'm pretty sure you can estimate the density of layers of the earth via seismic refraction.
>some rocks jiggle more than others
>>
>inb4 someone posts scribbly seismic lines
>those prove nothing

well let's all move on then
>>
>>7844839
>>7844846
It's possible that the people who live down there have a shield that renders them invisible to that type of detection.
Science is about seeing, not data, and until someone drills down there and SEES what it is, NOTHING is known.
>>
>>7844849
>Science is about seeing, not data, and until someone drills down there and SEES what it is, NOTHING is known.
I love this bait.
>>
>>7844839
this

when a seismic shift occurs somewhere, you can measure the resulting waves of energy from triangulated positions, and this has become the standard because we have come to understand that the door is dense
the seismic activity is interrupted by a dense core, otherwise you would be able to measure the energy at an even spread all over the globe
but that's not what happens.. the strongest seismic activity occurs in positions in triangulated positions, inferring an object of interference
>>
>>7844830
>Realistically, it could be hollow
I hope you don't mean that.
>>
>>7844849
>seeing, not data
>can not into inference

I know you're a troll, but I love this subject of geology
>>
File: MAP of Inner Earth .jpg (308KB, 538x552px) Image search: [Google]
MAP of Inner Earth .jpg
308KB, 538x552px
>>7844855
It'd explain a lot about the world, honestly.
>>
>>7844859

if we lived in a fairy tale universe it might
>>
File: Untitled.png (34KB, 1057x689px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34KB, 1057x689px
>>7844857
>>7844853
>>7844839
this is how "scientists" would be fooled into thinking the earth wasn't hollow
>>
>>7844859
Except it wouldn't.
>>
File: 1425802746943.jpg (10KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1425802746943.jpg
10KB, 255x255px
>>7844830
>scribbly seismic lines
>those prove nothing
Try harder next time.
>>
>>7844859
>Land of the Advanced Races
>>
>>7844859
>Center of Gravity 400 miles down
>>
>>7844830
>scribbly seismic lines
There are also other ways the Earth is probed, like neutrino absorption measurements (these days it is even possible to detect the presence of the Moon by the absorption) and low frequency radio waves.

Not many geologists in here, right?
>>
File: bait_of_amigara_fault.jpg (67KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
bait_of_amigara_fault.jpg
67KB, 500x491px
>>
>>7844859
I'm going to believe this just for the hell of it. Nerds getting triggered are just a bonus.
>>
>>7844849
I know you are an idiot
>>
>>7844830
>Realistically, it could be hollow and have a bunch of dinosaurs living down there.
Yes. If gravity, biology and science in general are totally ignored, that is completely realistic
>>
>>7846230
Those fields are null and void because they're based on the incorrect assumption that the earth is not hollow.
>>
>>7844830
How do you know what's in the Middle East? You haven't been there, right? Realistically, it could be arabian nights and have a bunch of genies and rocs living there.
>>
>>7844830
>scribbly seismic lines
>can't into instrumentation
enjoy your career in "financial services" selling insurance
>>
>>7846630
Are you retarded? If the earth was hollow then earthquakes would be impossible you stupid fuck.
>>
>>7844830
Nobody knows, probably gnomes and shit building oils.

t. Geophysicist
>>
>>7846990
It could be the underground people fighting wars and dropping bombs on each other.
>>
>>7844879
so how are we able to detect earthquakes on the other side of the earth? Where the vibrations go through the earth?
>>
>>7847112
If you flick a hollow ball you can still feel the vibrations from the opposite side.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.