[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most well thought out theories of "why&quo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (77KB, 477x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
77KB, 477x600px
What are the most well thought out theories of "why" this universe exists?

Obviously this question falls more to the realm of philosophy than science, but I feel that scientific minds are perhaps the only ones capable of tackling it, even if not through science.

I've been reading John Wheeler's Beyond the Blackhole, and also Roger Penrose's fanastic lecture here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbtxndUJHZI.

>inb4 not answerable by science
>inb4 simulation theory
>>
File: 51av79NK71L.jpg (46KB, 331x500px) Image search: [Google]
51av79NK71L.jpg
46KB, 331x500px
>>7844303
>What are the most well thought out theories of "why" this universe exists

</thread>
>>
>but I feel that scientific minds are perhaps the only ones
capable of tackling it, even if not through science.
Dumbest thing I've read this week.
>>
>>7844313
What alternative do you propose?
>>
>>7844317
>even if not through science.
Scientists should stick to their own fields. So many scientists spout BS on shit they don't know. It's simple, just never speak on something you have little knowledge of, high knowledge in physics doesn't make you knowledgeable in deconstructive criticism. So why would the physicist speak on deconstructive philosophy? Leave it to the philosophers who spent their decades learning that shit, because it really does take decades to learn.
>>
File: chris.jpg (76KB, 1345x770px) Image search: [Google]
chris.jpg
76KB, 1345x770px
Chris Langan's CTMU (Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe) is pretty insightful. Take a gander: http://www.ctmu.org/
>>
>>7844317
No alternative. The question is gibberish.
>>
>>7844303
Because the "Why" chromosome never shuts the fuck up with questions.
>>
>>7844390
You're gibberish
>>
>>7844371
I was obsessed with that for half a year a while back. It's fascinating, yet so beyond me.

But sometimes I've wondered if his CTMU is the result of some kind of as-yet unclassified neurological dysfunction unique to his almost alien levels of hyper-intelligence.

Or maybe he really does understand reality, and he's the only one who can.
>>
>>7844303
Inter-universal TaiChi theory
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.