[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw Gödel’s incompleteness theorems are connected to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1449771196728.png (108KB, 220x283px) Image search: [Google]
1449771196728.png
108KB, 220x283px
>mfw Gödel’s incompleteness theorems are connected to unsolvable calculations in quantum physics.

http://www.nature.com/news/paradox-at-the-heart-of-mathematics-makes-physics-problem-unanswerable-1.18983
>>
Kek m8
Kek
>>
>>7844142
Nice.
>>
>>7844142
He was the only guy to give legitimate criticism to Einstein GR equation. Time travel is possible and you can both ways.
>>
>>7844198
That doesn't necessarily mean we can do it but yea he did show it works on paper at least.

We may discover things in the future that rule it out that's how Einstein felt, he said Gödel had discovered a nice mathematical oddity but he was confident future discoveries would eliminate it.

So he didn't take it as "OMG time travel!" he saw it as "This probably means the theory is incomplete".

Not sure how Kurt felt, if this was late in his life he was probably too busy worrying about poisoned food and assassins conspiring against him.
>>
>>7844261
>he was probably too busy worrying about poisoned food and assassins conspiring against him
y
>>
>>7844261
>"This probably means the theory is incomplete".
I agree. Einstein was stumped because rarely anyone could give a constructive criticism of his work. Most likely the Yang-Mills problem will answer this. Einstein himself couldn't give a rebuttal to Godel argument. Also was he chased by assassin toward the end of his life?
>>
>>7844266
He went crazy near the end of his life. His wife got sick and could no longer cook for him so he refused to eat.

On and off through his life he suffered with paranoia and he had episodes where he believed his food was poisoned. He always trusted her food but when she couldn't cook for him anymore his paranoia came back and he stopped eating.

His official cause of death was "malnutrition caused by personality defect" or something like that.
>>
>>7844142

good!

i like incompleteness theorems,
i don't give a shit about quantum theory,
but knowing that those beautiful incompleteness results are connected to the physical world is very satisfying.
>>
>>7844198>>7844261

>muh math is empirical
>>
>>7844142
>mfw Gödel’s incompleteness theorems are connected to unsolvable calculations in quantum physics.
See? I knew heuristics were invalid for modeling.
>>
>>7844877
Somehow I read your name as The Fart Queen.
Also Godel incompleteness theorems might be the model for future modeling in science.
>>
>>7844944
They will if Inter-universal Teichmüller theory never pans out. They also might be requisite to the set of events that led to its formalization.
>>
>>7845007
Well we need something new because everyone is fucking stuck. Current tools of modeling have reached their limit. Godel incompleteness theorems formalizes what everyone knew for centuries. Sometime we won't know.
>>
>>7845019
Well if /sci/ makes a thread to interpret Inter-universal Teichmüller theory, I WILL attend.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.