What's MIT like? Is it full of nerds that invent crazy stuff just for fun, or is it just like any other uni but with more work? What are the best unis in the world like? Do people there do very wacky stuff instead of drinking and fucking like anywhere else?
420, now fuck off. I just want to know what life is like there, I may want to apply there, because the universities here are terrible so it's not worth me staying here. I just want to know if people pretty much do anything they want for science as I imagine it would be.
I have a friend in MIT currently and I've applied (although I can't really say I'm feeling confident about my chances) and what I've heard is that it's a bit of both, wherein the classes have big workloads but still people find time to work on personal projects. And I mean the school is fucking loaded so getting resources to create something is not too too difficult if you have a good thing going
My dad knows An MIT/Harvard maths professor, and when I asked her about the general student body she said that about 15% are savants (I think Sheldon Cooper was the term she used) and the rest 85% are just normal well adjusted very motivated people. So I guess the people are fairly normal because I doubt most are getting in if they're complete autism with no redeeming qualities