[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's MIT like? Is it full of nerds that invent crazy stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1448220889888.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448220889888.gif
3MB, 500x500px
What's MIT like? Is it full of nerds that invent crazy stuff just for fun, or is it just like any other uni but with more work? What are the best unis in the world like? Do people there do very wacky stuff instead of drinking and fucking like anywhere else?
>>
>>7844038
whats your iq
>>
>>7844046
420, now fuck off. I just want to know what life is like there, I may want to apply there, because the universities here are terrible so it's not worth me staying here. I just want to know if people pretty much do anything they want for science as I imagine it would be.
>>
>>7844051
I have a friend in MIT currently and I've applied (although I can't really say I'm feeling confident about my chances) and what I've heard is that it's a bit of both, wherein the classes have big workloads but still people find time to work on personal projects. And I mean the school is fucking loaded so getting resources to create something is not too too difficult if you have a good thing going
>>
>>7844104
So do people just decide to make a rocket or whatever and just go and do it? Is that what the majority of people there are like? Do lots of people do that sort of stuff?
>>
>>7844038
what i can tell you from the publicly available class exams on those online OCW courses is that it's child's play. i'm guessing it's harder to get in than it is to get out
>>
>>7844129
I mean me and my friend just decided to build a smart watch from scratch and we did so I guess that's sort of the thing going on there
>>
>>7844141
Good unis at an undergraduate level have a lot of resources, connections, good administration policies and good teachers.
>>
>>7844153
Sounds pretty cool... And you just did it for fun? Do you think the majority of people do that, or are there a lot of party/social/chad sort of people?
>>
>>7844164
remember where MIT is.

the chad's are in Boston/Harvard. You will party with them

If you find a blonde that goes to harvard at a party she's 100% a slut. give her the dick
>>
>>7844193
I don't want to be a chad, I want to just be able to create stupid shit and then send it off to space with a couple of friends.
>>
>>7844164
My dad knows An MIT/Harvard maths professor, and when I asked her about the general student body she said that about 15% are savants (I think Sheldon Cooper was the term she used) and the rest 85% are just normal well adjusted very motivated people. So I guess the people are fairly normal because I doubt most are getting in if they're complete autism with no redeeming qualities
>>
>>7844203
That's nice to hear, thank you
>>
>>7844203
does extracurricular activity help? do they bias towards youth in applications?
>>
My friend (who is likely on the autism spectrum) goes there.

He, his friends, and apparently a fair portion of the students there do a /lot/ of drugs, from weed to lsd..
>>
>>7844295
Most people at uni do drugs
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.