[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /sci/ i have been just wondering about our life and what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bobhere.png (170KB, 268x493px) Image search: [Google]
bobhere.png
170KB, 268x493px
Hello /sci/ i have been just wondering about our life and what happens when we die.
of course the most basic answer is that we decompose and are lifeless shells.

but what becomes of the consciousness of an human being, does it disappear and turn into energy?

this puzzles me greatly and i think i cant find the answer to it even if i thought 1 thousand years.

>pic not related
>>
>>7842103
>this puzzles me greatly and i think i cant find the answer to it even if i thought 1 thousand years.
>i think i cant find the answer to it even if i thought 1 thousand years.
>1 thousand years.
>this puzzles me greatly
>does it disappear and turn into energy?
>>
>>7842106
that is just a weak answer
>>
>>7842103
Consciousness is the result of brain activity. It goes when your brain goes.
>>
>>7842125
so artificial brains stimulate what once was a organic human brain?
>>
>>7842125
>>7842140
I want definite answers
>>
>>7842140
>>7842153
If you could somehow manage to convert an organic brain to a synthetic one, I don't see why not. But however the fuck you'd go about doing that is beyond me.
>>
>>7842103
>but what becomes of the consciousness of an human being, does it disappear and turn into energy?
It disappears. It does not "turn into energy".
>>
>>7842103
If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you got to paradise. If not you go to hell.

Baptist PhD student here. (field is Biochemistry)
>>
Before your father and mother had sex and started the development of you in your mother's womb, you were a combination of nutrients in the foods your parents ate and other natural things. Your parents ingested these nutrients, or got the material of you in their body in a usable manner. Their bodies then converted this matter into usable sex cells, which combined during their procreation and thus started the development of you.

Of course you developed into where you are now. Let us imagine that right now you choke on the next food you eat and that there is nobody around you to help. Since your airway is cut off, you will not be able to breath, which means that your brain will not get the necessary oxygen that it requires to survive.

Speaking of brains, let me take a quick tangent before continuing. Your brain can be thought of as a biological machine which powers your conscious. Your consciousness is nothing more than an orchestration of chemical reactions occurring within your brain.

Now, back to the subject at hand. Your brain is not getting the oxygen it requires to function, and thus you start to die. Your brain will deteriorate at a very rapid pace without oxygen (this is why people who go without oxygen for a significant period of time but are saved in time to survive normally develop brain function problems). When you finally die is when your brain no longer functions. The chemical reactions that occur within your brain will no longer be orchestrated to keep your consciousness running, and thus you will no longer be conscious.

It is a very simple process. Death is when your brain stops functioning. If your brain stops functioning, then your consciousness ends. That is all there is to it, people make their beliefs of 'consciousness' to be much more complicated than reality actually is.

When you die, your body will decompose and over time the matter that made up you will become part of other biological things, like it was before you were born.
>>
no one knows. we can trust or hope in an answer, but no one possesses this knowledge as if were an attainable object
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.