[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /sci/, let's pretend this hypothetical scenario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ....jpg (12KB, 236x179px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
12KB, 236x179px
Alright /sci/, let's pretend this hypothetical scenario where you find this skeptic guy. You begin a chat with him, and this is how it goes:

>I love my dog, but he's going to die pretty soon
>But how do you know?
>It's very old
>But how do you know?
>Because he's like 15 dude
>But how do you know?
>Dude, I've had him for all these years
>But how do you know?
>Because I remember it asshole
>But how do you know these memories are not false?
>They aren't dude, I can verify it with information and facts from the outer world
>But how do you know?

Alternatively:

>Fuck you, I think therefore I am
>But how do you know?
>Because I'm experiencing my existence directly
>But how do you know?

What would you do if you ever found a person like this?
>>
>>>/lit/
>>
>>7841479
>How do you know?
How do I not know?
rekt.
>>
>>7841479
I'd show him a picture of an overweight young man with facial hair wearing a felt hat with wide brim and indented crown, subtly making the implication that he shares similarity with this gentleman.

tl;dr: Philosotards are pseudo-intellectual time wasters.
>>
>>7841494
But how do you know?
>>
>>7841479
is this supposed to be some sort of "gotcha" post where everybody responds saying they'd call the guy faggot and then you point to an thread where there's an example of /sci/ acting exactly like this as if /sci/ is all one person and you start screeching incessantly like the fucking overgrown child you are about how hypocritical /sci/ is?
>>
While it's impossible to prove anything as absolute (no way to observe without changing, no way to process without bias, etc) you can always lean on a best guess, which is what we all do and what were all really good at (Plato's cave and everything).

So I would say that I'm pretty sure!
>>
>But how do you know these memories are not false?
>How the hell would they be false ?
>Ayyliums mite b controlling ur brain with crytal chips from planetX with signals

Which ends the conversation.
>>
This is a question of epistemology. Should be on /lit/ or /his/ as it isn't really science. This is probably bait anyway. Faggot.
>>
>>7841479
Just keep answering until the limits of human knowledge are reached.

At that point just explain that we don't know and we will continue to try and figure it out.
>>
>>7841479
>Because I'm experiencing my existence directly
>But how do you know?
>Why wouldn't i know?

If this nigga asks more questions hes an alien bitch
>>
maybe he wants his dog to die, sadly not all owners love their pets or inital love can fade

but you seem pretty stupid too, arguing over this bs
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.