[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else a complete retard when learning new things, even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: CWmxmPIU8AA2EPo.jpg (32KB, 574x429px) Image search: [Google]
CWmxmPIU8AA2EPo.jpg
32KB, 574x429px
Anyone else a complete retard when learning new things, even trivial things, for the first time? Once I have actually learned it and understood it, I can apply it to new problems easily. I also improve very quickly.

I can recall being stumped for 20 whole minutes by algebraic manipulation of number sequences when I was first learning it.

Am I retarded?

N-n-no bully
>>
You are not alone anon.
>>
>>7838526
Are you sure you're learning correctly? If you have difficulty with that shit, get a more explanatory textbook. Some textbooks expect you to understand straight away, but some go into more detail about exactly how, and why to do it.

Though, to be honest, with math some things just aren't understood straight away until you apply them again and again.
>>
I can relate. First-time comprehension is absolute garbage. I can't follow a lecture.

But once I get home and do some experimenting and further reading I master it and never forget.

Do you happen to be clumsy, bad at competitive videogames and generally sub-par at tasks which require you to think "In the moment"?
>>
>>7839917
Not OP but I fit all of these and OP's situation, though first-time learning has gotten much better since being on SSRI's.
>>
>>7838526
Get that autism checked out my man
>>
>>7839917
>Do you happen to be clumsy, bad at competitive videogames and generally sub-par at tasks which require you to think "In the moment"?

Tfw

I'm god tier at autism turn based strategy though
>>
>>7839922
Interesting.

Were the SSRIs for depression? because I'm a little bit bi-polar and, granted I can actually concentrate, all the things I wrote in my last post reverse when I'm manic.
>>
>>7839934
Yes they were but I believe autism is a hormonal deficiency in assisting neural functioning, inhibiting neurogenesis in certain parts of the brain. SSRI's fixed the problems I used to have with social functioning, engagement and concentration like in OP.
>>
>>7839930
Who here #out'ismed autism?
>>
>>7838526
I used to be like that when I was younger because it would always mess with my current understanding. I used to be confused about how neurotransmitters worked when 12-14 because I used to think that the pores for membranes to work were the size of the molecule
>>
>>7839917
>Do you happen to be clumsy, bad at competitive videogames and generally sub-par at tasks which require you to think "In the moment"?

Op here.

A bit clumsy, depends on what I'm doing though. If it is something I am extremely interested, I won't make mistakes. I'm good at competitive video games as I have extremely fast reaction times.
>>
>>7839929

Lmao. What makes it you say that?
>>
>>7840429
Probably the fact that you sound like a fully fledged autist.
>>
>>7840621

LOL.

Okay. What in particular makes you say that?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.