[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so who's The Thief?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ddddd.png (65KB, 470x245px) Image search: [Google]
ddddd.png
65KB, 470x245px
so who's The Thief?
>>
Well Carly is admitting her guilt and there is supportive evidence from Dave that Carly is guilty. So that's two corroborative reports of guilt for Carly, more than any of the other suspects.

Also, more information needed
>>
>>7838014
Alice
She's the blackest
>>
>>7838029
Alice, Bob, Carly, Dave, and Evelyn are taken to the police station for questioning. Detectives know that one of them is the thief and that only one of them tells the truth.
>>
>>7838038
Alice tells the truth

Evelyn is the thief
>>
>>7838054
Good job! You're the winner. :)

Correct answer: Evelyn

Alice's and Bob's statements contradict each other, so one of them is telling the truth. Thus Evelyn's statement is false, which means Evelyn is the thief. (Alice's statement is the true one.)

/b/ still can't solve this tho. :)
>>
>>7838061
that made zero sense
>>
>>7838038
Evelyn is the thief. Alice tells the truth.
>>
>>7838061
Since there's only five possibilities for the truth teller, you can check each case one by one. Whichever one doesn't give you a contradiction is the right one, and then you know who the theif is.

This problem shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, if that.
>>
It was Bob all along!
>>
>>7838014
I dont understand this.

If we assume only the thief is lying there is no good answer.
if we assume exactly one person is lying, then Carly is the thief (and Bob is lying)
if we assume exactly 2 people are lying then there is no answer
if we assume exactly 3 people are lying then Alice, Bob and Dave could be the thief
if we assume exactly 4 people are lying then Evelyn is the thief.
>>
>>7839081
OP did not provide all of the information.

Only one is telling the truth is the key piece of information.
>>
>>7838014
the nigger
>>
>>7839084
That's ok, I had that case covered.
>>
>>7838061
You can only solve it with the additional information
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.