[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Irk anyone else when people fawn over fake sky pictures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: crab_nebula.jpg (2MB, 3864x3864px) Image search: [Google]
crab_nebula.jpg
2MB, 3864x3864px
Does anyone get annoyed when they see people getting euphoric about things like pic related?

Like they'll post threads with false color images like pic related (which are basically just CGI art by this point) and then have a hippie circle about the "beauty of the universe" for an hour.

I dunno why but this always irritates me.
>>
File: Mars.jpg (61KB, 580x290px) Image search: [Google]
Mars.jpg
61KB, 580x290px
Like I feel like they might as well be posting only the false color image on the right and then be having a circlejerk about the beauty of Mars
>>
>>7836810
Yeah sure, but on the other hand we used to have those threads on /sci/.

We also used to Celestria/Universe sandbox jerk threads.

Let youngfags be young. At least they aren't doing drugs or worse; listening to rap.
>>
Like http://www.universetoday.com/11863/true-or-false-color-the-art-of-extraterrestrial-photography/ even says from one of the people involved in this that "images are further adjusted to...make a more pleasing picture".
>>
>>7836817
what if i like drugs rap AND space
>>
>>7836810

But it does look beautiful, you fat neckbeard
>>
>>7836810
Its not our fault we evolved to only see a narrow band of light
>>
>>7836854

Yeah but for all practical intents and purposes its just a psychedelic painting. It doesn't actually look like that.

The art is cool, but its really irritating when people pretend that's what it looks like IRL.
>>
Crabby
>>
>>7836810
That picture was my desktop for 7-8 months, until recently.
>>
>>7836889
>The art is cool, but its really irritating when people pretend that's what it looks like IRL.

So we should define the beauty of the universe by our extremely narrow range of vision? If anything, it's more accurate.

>>7836814
If you managed to get to a point where reddish brown isn't a boring color, you'd probably find it beautiful. I don't know, it's hardly an example because that's quite different from what scientists do with photos of nebulas.
>>
>>7836810

How is this science related ?, you are not discussing something important or interesting, you are just complaining about something stupid and trivial.

You are the kind of people that made this lame board worst.
>>
>>7836810
>false color images
They at least DO represent the structure and thus the beauty of a spatial object far away, and are very little related to cgi, stop whining about things you should not care about. It's way better that planet's drawn by an artist when 'discovered' out of our own solar system. I don't have any problems with your pic related.
>>
>>7836889
This is /sci/. I would expect any self respecting /sci/entist would already know about false colour images. And why this is done: to highlight structures rather than colours.

So the original picture makes it immediately apparent the structures that form after a supernova blows up the neighbourhood.
>>
>>7836810
>Ackchually: the thread
>>
What are some space pictures that aren't edited?
>>
>>7838312
You don't need to edit pictures of the Moon.

Mind you those are really misleading. People think that the Moon is as bright as chalk (or cheese). It is not.
>>
>>7836810
Mmmmmm... Aaaahhhh... Pretty colors!
>>
File: Mystic Mountain - Carina Nebula.jpg (137KB, 640x589px) Image search: [Google]
Mystic Mountain - Carina Nebula.jpg
137KB, 640x589px
>>7836810
Wow. Here I was all this time ogling over extraordinary space pics from Hubble. Turns out I'm just an irritating faggot. Thanks for the PSA, OP.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.