[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/, I have an odd question. Let's say there is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Hey /sci/, I have an odd question.

Let's say there is a 10 km tall giant and, despite what the square-cube law would say, he is able to withstand his own weight and move like a proportionate human would through unknown means. His density is also somehow similar to that of a normal human.

1 - How much would he weight, assuming he is of average build.

and

2 - How far would he sink into the earth due to his weigh?
>>
Go ask /tg/.
>>
> give me a physically accurate scientific answer to my retarded improbable non-sci question
>>>/trash/
>>
>>7836106

some quick math put our man at 14 billion metric tons.

I'm probably wrong though.
>>
>>7836106
Assuming averag height = 1.7m and average weight = 62kg
He would weigh about 13 billion tons (13 trillion kg)
>>
>>7836106
>How far would he sink into the earth due to his weigh?

This is actually a pretty difficult quea Rob that will depend on the depth and type of bedrock, etc. But it's safe to say pretty far. His feet would be exerting ~300 MPa of pressure, which is above the compressive strength of granite, for example.
>>
>>7836106

Pretty fucking heavy.
>>
>>7836106
The average height of a man is 1.77m. Lets call this value h
The average mass of a man is 81.6 kg. Lets call this value m
Let M be the giant's mass, and let H be the giant's height 10km

Density = mass/volume
For a human of a specific build, volume = c*height^3, where c is some unitless constant that is the same for all people of that specific build

Since both densities are equal, we get
m/(ch^3)=M/(cH^3)
The c's cancel out
m/h^3=M/H^3
M=mH^3/h^3
=(81.6kg)(10000m)^3/(1.77m)^3
=1.47*10^13kg

This matches with this >>7836142 guy's result (except for rounding, but whatever).
>>
>>7838750
I just realized that the giant would have a mass that is about 24 times greater than the that of the entire world population.
7.4billion*81.6kg = 6.03*10^11kg
24*(6.03*10^11kg) = 1.45*10^13kg
>>
File: tumblr_nkakjaxRAw1qhttpto1_1280.jpg (895KB, 1104x1472px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkakjaxRAw1qhttpto1_1280.jpg
895KB, 1104x1472px
>>7838900
so you say we are his 25th planet he is going to eat?
>>
>>7836106

>2 - How far would he sink into the earth due to his weigh?

pretty sure you'd need a pretty good grasp on geomechanics to answer that.
>>
Out of curiosity, is this giant man a fox-person... And a herm?
>>
>>7840000

I don't see how that is relevant to the problem
>>
>>7840046
The weight of that fur must ne taken into account then.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.