[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it feel to know that you'll never be as good at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: th.jpg (6KB, 299x196px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6KB, 299x196px
How does it feel to know that you'll never be as good at Chemistry as Walter?
>>
>>7835054
>making meth is high-school shit
>OP failed his chemistry class in highschool
Ubderage detected
>>
>>7835135
This.
If Walter was so good, he would be making LSD.
>>
>>7835135
>>7835138

But he made it BLUE!
>>
File: 1449866032868.jpg (435KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1449866032868.jpg
435KB, 1280x1280px
>>7835135
You found yield based on equilibrium reactions in a lab most likely. Walter was doing that exact thing to find yield most likely in a non lab environment with all the other added pressures to make something that is very high in concentration. Gl doing this irl.
>>
>>7835054
How does it feel to compare yourself to an fictional character?
>>
>>7835054
>Failed researcher who had to become a high-school teacher.

I'm already better than him.
>>
>>7835138
Except not because there's comparatively no money to be made from LSD.
>>
>>7836334
once you make it you stop needing money.
>>
>>7836276
So you're a successful researcher who had to become a high-school teacher?
>>
>>7835054
If he was so good he would be making Salvinoron A
>>
>>7836454
*Salvinorin A
>>
>>7836454
Why would you make something that's freely available?
>>
>>7836465
Because its never synthesized.
>>
>>7836468
But why do you need it synthesized? Use the plant, or numerous plant extracts
>>
>he was so good

nah, he was fuckin retarded because his resume says he was a co-founder of a multi-billion dollar company and he has a PhD in chemistry and he thought the only job he could get was teaching high school. not to mention the massive network of friends he has. he could have landed another job easy.
>>
>>7837119
I thought because his PhD was really obscure and specific that he couldn't get a job elsewhere
>>
File: o man.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
o man.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>7837358
thats a factor too. it says "proton radiography" on his diploma in the 1st episode. sounds like pchem to me. still, no excuses with those connections he had. maybe it was the pride that did him in in the end...

wait a second.

>mfw I just realized his pride ruined his career as a chemist earlier in his life, and he was too proud to give up cooking meth in the end which resulted in his death

very well written show.
>>
>>7837455
Are you being sarcastic? Because if so, I take great offense in this, Breaking Bad is the best show I've ever seen!
>>
File: except maybe the wire.jpg (26KB, 433x222px) Image search: [Google]
except maybe the wire.jpg
26KB, 433x222px
>>7837521
>>
>>7837521
No I mean it. Breaking bad was a work of art.

^not sarcasm
>>
>>7838494
>>7837521
I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

The writing was mediocre and it's cult fanbase made sure the overrated bloat would get plenty of media exposure, but by television standards it isn't exactly the worst ever.
>>
>>7837521
>>7838494
It's slightly above average, maybe a 7/10 tops.
>>
>>7835054
Chemistry is lame. If he cooked meth through the power of maths I might be jealous
>>
>>7837455
They even show it in a few episodes where his billionaire buddies offer him a job at Gray Matter. He outright refuses it because he felt that he'd rather cook meth on his own than accept a job as a charity.
>>
>>7835135
no, making meth isn't all high-school shit. maybe the shake and bake methods are, but for potent, quality shit and good yields you're going to at least know some 2nd or 3rd year undergrad chem in the form of birch reductions.

Please don't add me to your watchlist NSA/DEA.
>>
>>7838791
He fucked up the colour tho.
>>
>>7838721
Would you accept hand outs from people that cucked your out of your own research and got rich off of it?
>>
>>7837119
His son has MS, he basically gave up ambition to focus on keeping his family on the right road. That's the entire point, he's catching up on backed-up ambition and validating himself. We all know he's a fucking lame-o given his credentials. That's why he went insane
>>
>>7838721
It's nothing to do with charity, it's who's offering it.
>>
>>7838522
>>7838515
>>7838494

I don't know who's trolling and who's not and I don't care.

I fucking loved breaking bad. Watching it as it came out was better than sex.

That's not true, I haven't had sex.
>>
>>7835054
PhD student in pharmaceutical science here. I'm ok at chemistry, not great, but in industry you don't have to be great, you don't even have to be that good, you have to know how to get a drug on the market. Walter should've just gone into industry, seriously. Even as an independent consultant, industry pays quite well.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.