[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >esophagus and airway aren't fully separated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: 1439411937966.jpg (51KB, 349x389px) Image search: [Google]
1439411937966.jpg
51KB, 349x389px
>2016
>esophagus and airway aren't fully separated yet
>it is still possible for humans to choke on food
Why did evolution fuck up so badly?
>>
>>7833849
Someone could kill you by holding your nose
>>
>>7833944
And breathing through your mouth is essential for any kind of physical effort.

Running to hunt your prey or escaping from a predator is millions times more beneficial than not choking on food even if you're a retard who can't eat properly.
>>
>>7833963
Yes because you cluld totally outrun
>a bear
>a lion
>a wolf
>a shark
>a gator
>a python
>>
>>7834114
Why yes, I could in fact outrun a shark. You see, sharks are very bad at running, as they have no legs.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (44KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
44KB, 426x600px
>>7834114
> outrun
> shark
> run
> on water
Jesus, please stop trolling 4chan.
>>
>>7834114
>a minor advantage against bears, lions, wolves, sharks,gators and pythons provides no competitive advantage whatsoever against other mammals with comparable bodies and fully segregated airway and GI tract
>>
The body is more compact and efficient by having one tube perform multiple jobs.

Esophagus handles air, food, and water

Penis handles urine and sperm

your butt handles poop and sperm

it's really a very elegant and efficient system
>>
>>7834120
>You see, sharks are very bad at running, as they have no legs.
Come again?
>>
>>7833849
cuz it jest werks
>>
File: 151324124.jpg (16KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
151324124.jpg
16KB, 292x257px
>>7834131
>>
>>7833849
Because evolution only selects for things that survive enough to bang each other, it doesn't select for things that are more comfortable, unless that results in banging more. Even if it does result in them banging more, if an improvement requires such a huge change (like suddenly developing a new throat) then it wont happen, and the species will either deal with it, or if it is harmful enough to survival, they will just die.
>>
>>7834114
You may be able to run away from it long enough to find a secure place, like your camp.
>>
>>7834114
you can still outlast them.
>>
>>7833849
> I just chocked on something.
Is it not the wining anti intelligent design argument?.
>>
>>7833849
>airway
>not trachea
gtfo
>>
>>7833849
Evolution is just blind trial and error. Give it a break.

The most primitive body plans only have a single opening with no exit. Consider yourself lucky that we're not shitting out of our mouths.
>>
>>7833849
It's not a fuckup, it's meant to sort the wheat from the chaff
>>
>>7833849
If you buy into the Aquatic Ape Theory this gives us a survival advantage when we break the water surface, gasping for air.
>>
>>7833849
Assuming that evolution is progressive lol
>>
>implying it's possible to eat and breathe at the same time
>>
>>7833849
How is that a fuck up? We're built to run, and cardiovascular exercise requires a lot of oxygen. When you breathe through your mouth you take in way more air than you could through your nose.
>>
>>7837975
>How is that a fuck up? We're built to run, and cardiovascular exercise requires a lot of oxygen. When you breathe through your mouth you take in way more air than you could through your nose.
This. Also rule #1 of design. Less complicated is better.
>>
>>7833849
>>it is still possible for humans to choke on food
>Why did evolution fuck up so badly?
Apparently developing a cough reflex was easier/less risky than making segregated stomach-lung tubes. Makes sense if you think about it.
>>
>>7834114

You don't need to outrun the bear, you need to outrun the gentleman next to you.
>>
>>7838115
>You don't need to outrun the bear, you need to outrun the gentleman next to you.
Lel. You wouldn't bother running from a bear. In primitive societies men don't leave camp without their spear. And not even because of bears, mostly to protect yourself from other humans.
>>
>>7838116

Maybe so, but that's rather beside the point.
>>
>>7837923
Ever eat Ramen like you are supposed to?
>>
>>7833849
>get a stuffed nose
>die
>>
>>7833944
This is oddly hilarious to imagine.
>>
>>7834114
you could outrun all of these animals - not on a short distance, but humans do not get tired easily. That's how we hunted for most of our history on earth - any animal we chased could maybe run faster for a few minutes, but it would eventually just stop out of exhaustion, while humans can walk and walk for days.
>>
>>7834698
>The most primitive body plans only have a single opening with no exit

well they shit throught their "skin", they're literall shitskins
>>
>>7838116
Found the autistic.
>>
>>7838116
Why the fuck did you click the post id the reply AND quote the entire fucking post? What the fucking fuck I've had enough of this bullshit, it's all over 4chan, the users fucking suck I hate this fucking shit fucking fuck. It's like you WANT to be called mentally retarded. You actively seek out ways to be the most imbecilic, time-wasting piece of autistic shit on this site (and that's saying a lot). Fuck you and your stupid fucking post-quoting life, you absolute fucking fuck.
>>
>>7833849
There isn't a single tetrapod with their airways separated. Hell the most primitive bony fish have a connection between the esophagus and the air bladder. Even lungfishes do.
You can't just go and change something like that after the colonization of the land. That separation between digestive and respiratory system would need to occur on the Rhipidistia (but at least they had another solution, the epiglotis).
>>
>>7840552
>>>7838116
>Why the fuck did you click the post id the reply AND quote the entire fucking post? What the fucking fuck I've had enough of this bullshit, it's all over 4chan, the users fucking suck I hate this fucking shit fucking fuck. It's like you WANT to be called mentally retarded. You actively seek out ways to be the most imbecilic, time-wasting piece of autistic shit on this site (and that's saying a lot). Fuck you and your stupid fucking post-quoting life, you absolute fucking fuck.

Literally nothing wrong with this
>>
>>7840673
>>>7840552
>>>>7838116
>>Why the fuck did you click the post id the reply AND quote the entire fucking post? What the fucking fuck I've had enough of this bullshit, it's all over 4chan, the users fucking suck I hate this fucking shit fucking fuck. It's like you WANT to be called mentally retarded. You actively seek out ways to be the most imbecilic, time-wasting piece of autistic shit on this site (and that's saying a lot). Fuck you and your stupid fucking post-quoting life, you absolute fucking fuck.

>Literally nothing wrong with this

This.
>>
>>7840706
>>>7840673
>>>>7840552
>>>>>7838116
>>>Why the fuck did you click the post id the reply AND quote the entire fucking post? What the fucking fuck I've had enough of this bullshit, it's all over 4chan, the users fucking suck I hate this fucking shit fucking fuck. It's like you WANT to be called mentally retarded. You actively seek out ways to be the most imbecilic, time-wasting piece of autistic shit on this site (and that's saying a lot). Fuck you and your stupid fucking post-quoting life, you absolute fucking fuck.
>>Literally nothing wrong with this
>This.
Nah. That
>>7840552
>>>7838116
>Why the fuck did you click the post id the reply AND quote the entire fucking post? What the fucking fuck I've had enough of this bullshit, it's all over 4chan, the users fucking suck I hate this fucking shit fucking fuck. It's like you WANT to be called mentally retarded. You actively seek out ways to be the most imbecilic, time-wasting piece of autistic shit on this site (and that's saying a lot). Fuck you and your stupid fucking post-quoting life, you absolute fucking fuck.
>>
>>7840725
>>>7840706
>>>>7840673
>>>>>7840552
>>>>>>7838116
>>>>Why the fuck did you click the post id the reply AND quote the entire fucking post? What the fucking fuck I've had enough of this bullshit, it's all over 4chan, the users fucking suck I hate this fucking shit fucking fuck. It's like you WANT to be called mentally retarded. You actively seek out ways to be the most imbecilic, time-wasting piece of autistic shit on this site (and that's saying a lot). Fuck you and your stupid fucking post-quoting life, you absolute fucking fuck.
>>>Literally nothing wrong with this
>>This.
>Nah. That
>>>7840552
>>>>7838116
>>Why the fuck did you click the post id the reply AND quote the entire fucking post? What the fucking fuck I've had enough of this bullshit, it's all over 4chan, the users fucking suck I hate this fucking shit fucking fuck. It's like you WANT to be called mentally retarded. You actively seek out ways to be the most imbecilic, time-wasting piece of autistic shit on this site (and that's saying a lot). Fuck you and your stupid fucking post-quoting life, you absolute fucking fuck.
>>7840725

No u.
>>
>>7840727
>>>7840725
>>>>7840706
>>>>>7840673
>>>>>>7840552
>>>>>>>7838116
>>>>>Why the fuck did you click the post id the reply AND quote the entire fucking post? What the fucking fuck I've had enough of this bullshit, it's all over 4chan, the users fucking suck I hate this fucking shit fucking fuck. It's like you WANT to be called mentally retarded. You actively seek out ways to be the most imbecilic, time-wasting piece of autistic shit on this site (and that's saying a lot). Fuck you and your stupid fucking post-quoting life, you absolute fucking fuck.
>>>>Literally nothing wrong with this
>>>This.
>>Nah. That
>>>>7840552
>>>>>7838116
>>>Why the fuck did you click the post id the reply AND quote the entire fucking post? What the fucking fuck I've had enough of this bullshit, it's all over 4chan, the users fucking suck I hate this fucking shit fucking fuck. It's like you WANT to be called mentally retarded. You actively seek out ways to be the most imbecilic, time-wasting piece of autistic shit on this site (and that's saying a lot). Fuck you and your stupid fucking post-quoting life, you absolute fucking fuck.
>>>7840725
>No u.
I'm rubber you're glue..
>>
>>7833849
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unintelligent_design

Evolution is an extremely inefficient process
>>
>>7840752
>fucking up the chain
Asshole.
>>
>>7833849
It also gave us the ability to shape our sounds giving us more complex language and better commuication skills because nature is shit at that naturally.
>>
>>7833944
why don't I die in my sleep when I have a stuffy nose
>>
>>7841044
Because god hates you and the only way you'll be free of this miserable life is by your own hand.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.