[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
My group is having a lot of trouble coming...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 3
File: mch_head.jpg (100 KB, 401x247) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mch_head.jpg
100 KB, 401x247
My group is having a lot of trouble coming up with a senior project idea for Mechanical Engineering. Looking for some suggestions. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>7818197

A mechanical female sex toy that thrusts through the cervix
>>
Make an adjustable dildo that can change length and girth
>>
>>7818197
>group
>GROUP

Seriously? Is this level of hand holding actually real for engineering courses?

Both my math graduation projects are individual. I guess only some majors can be trusted as adults with responsibility, work ethic and intelligence.
>>
The uprights (front and rear) for your school's Formula SAE team. You have one. Go talk to them. 4th year design project collaborations with the engineering project teams are extremely common.
>>
>>7818284

Ah good, they're preparing you to die alone and autistic out in the real world
>>
I was wandering around the engineering labs at Berkeley recently and saw a really cool robot that could solve a Rubik's cube in just a few seconds. It was built by some undergrads as their senior project.
>>
>>7818291

I'm not sure a few high speed steppers/servos and some code is sufficient for a senior project, to be honest.
>>
>>7818284
Because math is easy. You can't finish any engineering project with a tight time constraint alone

You just confirmed math for being shit tier, once again.
>>
>>7818294
No, theres a reason I mention work ethic. What kind of work do you think goes into a project that counts as a big part of your grade?

Do you think I pick up a Calculus for Engineers book and solve the problems and then turn it in?
It is pretty much a research project where you are just not expected to come up with something completely new. The same way your shitty handholding project is re-using technology that already exists to make a shiny mechanic dildo and go home.

The difference is we are responsible adults. The professors can look at us in the eyes, see intelligent men, and tell us that this year we have to turn in a project and that it is completely individual.

On the other hand, your professor looks at you in the eyes, sees a hairy over grown baby with the work ethic of retarded 5 year old and says
>Just... do it in groups. I don't fucking care. Just turn something in so that we can give you your degree and never have to see you retards again.

You are content with that? Fine, really. Your mediocre degree taught you to be like that anyways.
>>
>>7818292
Sure, the ME program at Berkeley sucks...
>>
>>7818305
I thought Berkeley engineering program was great?
>>
>>7818303

Did an Engineer hurt you?
> Math major's attempts to lash out
> Spurts nonsensical unfounded elitism
> Just another day as a math asperg
>>
>>7818294
>Because math is easy.

maybe baby engineer calculus
>>
>>7818309
>Elitism

I literally just said that I am a responsible adult and that I have a good work ethic.

Is that what passes for elitism for you? Well fuck me, you people really are mediocre.
>>
>>7818305
I was being a smartass.

Here's what I was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7BksZZyAdc
>>
Try reinventing the wheel. I'm serious. We made a car that had wheels that were spheroids and could move 360.
>>
>>7818313

> The professors can look at us in the eyes, see intelligent men

10/10, top tier math-fag trolling
>>
>>7818197
Ask /diy/.
Plus a bit of this >>7818284
I'm engineering and we rarely have group work and we can't do shit until we come up with a project though. Don't you have a list of project works proposed by your professors if you can't come up with shit? Anyway what's your area of specialization if you have any? Build a Wind turbine if you don't have any idea or try to improve something existing. Make a proper comparison on combpetiting design solutions. Better yet which actually requires a bit of work is to try to implement an experimental proposal of doing something even if it's an "upgrade" to existing stuff and detail the problems arising and suggest ways to improve it.
>>
>>7818197
build something that benefits from variable geometry using shape memory alloys or would benefit from shedding hydraulic or pneumatic actuation by using bundles of sma wires to save weight.
>>
We made injection molded matchbox sized cars then raced them. Had to design the cars, cut the molds, figure out the material & processing analytically, then demo them. Just like the real world. Was pretty f*ckin cool.
>>
>>7818284
You're not serious right? Engineering is a group endeavor. You think that entire jumbo jets are designed and build by one lone autist?
>>
>>7818513
At BSc level you are expected to be able to make something on your own too.
>>
>>7818284
When you work as an engineer you're expected to work in a group. An employer isn't going to like a graduate that has literally only ever worked on solo projects.
>>
>>7818284
I think at most schools (mind at least does this), you are free to do your sophomore/junior/senior project either alone or in a group, but they expect that the level of complexity will increase with each additional person.
>>
>>7818197
make something flashy that goes vroom or whoosh. thats literally the sole reason to pick ME over any other engineering discipline.
>>
make a turbofan
>>
>>7818513
>Thinks he is going to work on jets
>Not even his school is confident enough in his skill to assign him a solo project
>Literally allowing the 1 guy in the class who knows his shit to carry your dead weight

Yeah, keep dreaming.

>>7818532
The same argument I see. Well, I did not expect diversity.

>>7818554
Fair enough. If your school allows you to choose then it is, in my opinion, not about your professors thinking you are retarded. Just about letting you explore.

But if your final project has to be in groups then it is confirmed that your professor thinks you are a braindead moron.
>>
>>7818303
lol come talk to me when your profession is legally defined and actually has some oversight instead of a bunch of nepotistic academics just circle jerking each other.
>>
>>7818593
You're such a fucking autist it's unbelievable. Mech eng isn't about creating some lone master of machines it's about getting projects done and it so happens that this is easier in a group. Nobody in engineering does something just because it's harder that is wasteful of money and time and downright dangerous (who wants to fly in a plane built by one guy and checked by no-one else?) I get that maths is a lone autist thing but engineering is completely fucking different. We do whatever is easiest, if this hurts your pride then stay in maths solving needlessly complicated and pointless puzzles just to boost your ego.
>>
>>7818593
>Not even his school is confident enough in his skill to assign him a solo project

engineering isn't playing around in imagination land, you actually have to do physical work. if you are building something that requires a shitload of custom fabrication, it is physically impossible for anyone to finish a project of sufficient complexity by themselves.

unlike math, its not just scribble some shit on a paper. you are expected to deliver industry standard prototypes.
>>
>>7818593
My school offers either an undergrad thesis or a group capstone project
The idea is simple: if you do the thesis, its not expected to be as grand in scope as the capstone project. The thesis is supposed to be an introduction into graduate level schooling, whereas the capstone project is an introduction into industry standard engineering.

I don't think its fair to say that group projects are babying the students. It's pretty obvious that the expectations for group and individual projects would be different. Moreover, its much harder to work in a group than individually.

Also, yes i realize this is bait
>6/10 got me to reply with a genuine response
>>
>>7818600
>muh legally defined profession

Oh I have seen that shitty argument a lot of times. Just stick to higher pay arguments because at least there is some significance. I don't give two fucks about your legally defined profession sperg.

Also
>bunch of nepotistic...

I'm not even going to bother posting the table with all the higher earning professions for math bachelors. And no, I'm not even going to post that all of the 2015's highest rated jobs were all math jobs (as in jobs you can get as a math major).

>>7818604
> lone master of machines

I never said it was. This is school. Your school isn't grading you on your skill, but on how much you can get carried by that one asian guy in your team.

>this is easier in a group
I never denied this. BUT THIS IS SCHOOL.

Why don't we take tests in groups? Wouldn't that be so much easier? You fucking moron.

> maths is a lone autists
A lot of papers are made by a group of people and the mathematical community its pretty big. It is not a bunch of lonely men like you picture it is. They talk, they interact, they learn. The best ones make talks so that the little ones can learn and build upon what there is. etc. You are making up a straw man of academia.

The rest you said is the same. YOU ARE IN SCHOOL. They should test you on YOUR skill. But I know you have none, which is why you defend this.

But now to bring up another argument. There is a layer of sadness underlying this entire conversation.

Do you not want to see what it feels to be the only guy calling the shots? When you enter industry, all the projects you will be working on will be managed by senior members. You will be but a cog in a machine.

Why wouldn't you want to call the shots in your one big project in school and experience all the ups and downs on your own?

>inb4 in our group everyone calls the shots

No they don't. If you did then your group would be clusterfuck of ideas that would never get done.
>>
>>7818593
>The same argument
Yes, the one you have not refuted.
>>
>>7818625
You do realise working in a group is a skill in itself, right? I can see you've never worked on a significant project.
>>
>>7818625
>THIS IS SCHOOL.
Engineering is a vocational subject you dickhead meaning that the school version must mimic the career version. If you didn't do group work your degree is trash.
> They should test you on YOUR skill
Yes they do hence the lone exams but as I am trying to get through to your thick fucking skull as it's a vocational degree they must also test the ability to work in a group because that is what you do in an actual engineering job.
>Do you not want to see what it feels to be the only guy calling the shots? When you enter industry, all the projects you will be working on will be managed by senior members. You will be but a cog in a machine.
>I want to be numbah 1 speshul snowflake :-)
Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>7818632
But I did. I said that this is university. It is their duty to test that you know how to do your shit.

If they want, they can give you classes on social interaction or whatever you claim that absolutely NEED group projects to develop, you autists.

Once you know how to do your job, it should be pretty trivial to 'learn' how to get bossed around by one superior to do your job, don't you think?

>inb4 you undergrads think that immediately out of school you are going to NASA to work in a 50-man team on a new spaceship

This is as bad as believing in the 300k starting meme as a math major.
>>
>>7818625
>math autist talks about making strawmen
>makes a bunch of fallacious statements and ad hominems

lol okay. i'm sure you are an expert engineer with decades in the field so you totally have valid opinions. get the fuck out retard, you are talking out of your ass about shit you know absolutely nothing about.

>You will be but a cog in a machine.
and this is a great example of your stupidity. out of all the STEM professions, engineering is second only to medicine in terms of incidence of self employment.

you, my friend, will be the cog in the machine.

>YOU ARE IN SCHOOL. They should test you on YOUR skill.

and working with other human beings is a skill, but i wouldn't expect a math autist to realize this. most of engineering is actually just dealing with people.
>>
>>7818625

^ Grow up is probably the correct assessment.

Dude, grow up. Go live in the real world for a while. Go learn why the engineers are so damn employable.
>>
>>7818639
Okay, fair enough. Get your autistic social interaction classes. Man, I thought we developed this shit in high school but go figure.

>>7818641
>if you didn't do group work
If I didn't do group work then I proved I could do my job on my own. Now, if I ever have to work on a team, then good thing I have natural social skills and don't need autistic training.

>Grow the fuck up.

No, for real. Have you ever worked on something 'big' alone? It is fun and it is engaging, a completely different experience. It is exactly the kind of experience that university should give you because the sad truth you don't want to swallow is that for the first half decade of your career you will be but a cog in a machine, doing nothing note worthy and specially, never getting to make a single decision.

But you know, enjoy yourself. Trained monkey.
>>
>>7818647
>It is their duty to test that you know how to do your shit.

nope, its not. thats what the FE and PE are for. getting the degree just makes you eligible for what is essentially an apprenticeship.

see, our industry actually has oversight and standards and isn't just a clusterfuck of PhD's fingerbanging each others arxiv papers.
>>
>>7818651
>If I didn't do group work then I proved I could do my job on my own.

lol, come back to me when you've bid out a job for over a million dollars and tell me you can do it yourself within the time frame the customer needs it. just because you've had babby projects doesn't mean you have any skill m8.
>>
>>7818648
>expert engineer
I don't need to be. The subject is groups. Your special snowflake degree doesn't give you any special ground.

>incidence of self employment
Please, I beg you, define self employment.

>working with other human beings is a skill
Which is why we go to high school.

Okay, I think I got it now. You are a bunch of literal autists who can't even manage to ask a girl out so you need special snowflake 'social interaction in the workplace' classes to teach you that.

Pathethic.

>>7818650
Not even a debate on employability. Learn to read, my friend.
>>
>>7818651

This is a decent example of a self-masturbatory post
It's like an 8.5/10 or so.

Jack this vision of your future self off a little harder, really earn that 10/10
>>
>>7818654
I have answered to all of your points above.

>>7818658
But this is not what I am saying. I am saying that after you learn how to do shit on your own, it is trivial to get involved in team work. This is not something your university should waste time on.
>>
>>7818659
>Please, I beg you, define self employment.

Government of Canada does a pretty good job of http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/self-employed/apply-who.asp
>>
>>7818651
If you are working on something alone it is going to be /diy/ tier. The point that you are failing to get is that you simply can't work alone in engineering. And your statement that this makes it unsatisfying is as dumb as saying that winning the World Cup won't feel good because you needed to work with your 11 man squad to get there. If you can't get joy from a team effort then you need Jesus, Allah, Buddha I don't know you need some sort of professional help because you are way autistic even for 4chan.
>>
>>7818664
>I am saying that after you learn how to do shit on your own, it is trivial to get involved in team work

Oh god
So fucking naive.

This is *head desk* worthy

Words from someone never involved in a project of any scale with any degree of accountability.
>>
File: 1420405048826.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420405048826.gif
3 MB, 500x281
stop replying to this baitposting holy fuck

this is obviously a meticulously crafted engineering bait crafted by OP
>>
>>7818664
>I am saying that after you learn how to do shit on your own, it is trivial to get involved in team work.

and what part of "most engineering jobs physically cannot be accomplished alone" do you not comprehend? i know you are delusional and believe you can split yourself in two like some anime, but thats now how the real world works.
>>
>>7818663
>can't win argument even if I were to just randomly hit keys on my keyboard and then post whatever the fuck come out

>lol troll! He is a troll guys!

Only serious discussion here. If you are going to write me off as a troll, while I am acknowledging all of your positions then your presence is detrimental to the discussion.

>>7818665
>Self-employed person means a foreign national who:
>foreign

I don't think this is the kind of definition I'm looking. Anyways, I'll just assume the trivial definition.

If you are going to work alone and be self employed then all of your arguments right back at you

>le what is going to happen when 1 million dollars something something and you can't do the project on your own, something something

>le completely ineficient!

>le doing things the easiest way!

and other memes in the list. Just scroll up to see the entire list of excuses.
>>
>>7818667
I already answered to all of your points, a million times above. Just scroll up and let reality sink in.

>>7818669
>Words from someone never involved in a project of any scale with any degree of accountability.

Well, I am part of a small team of software dev where I am internship. We are just 3 guys but I think that I know what I'm talking about when I say that it was pretty trivial for me to adjust working in a team.

It is almost the same.

>Do what I'm supposed to you
>Consult group about what's next and what they did
>Do more stuff
>Consult higher up on what are the next tasks
>Keep doing stuff

and repeat.
>>
>>7818674
>self employed = working alone
nice, math autism making incorrect assumptions once more.
>>
>>7818674
Self employed as in you run a company with other people working for you
>>7818679
>Programmer
Your level of autism all makes sense now.
>>
>>7818679
>internship
>any degree of accountability

pick one.
>>
>>7818679
>Well, I am part of a small team of software dev where I am internship

Please dude, stop
At this point you're embarrassing early-20-somethings everywhere.

> I will extrapolate my internship experience to all industry
How hard can the real world get? Right guys?
>>
>>7818679

> Math student involved in software internship
Fucking lol. Everyone go home.
>>
>>7818679
>small team of software dev

There are student extracurricular engineering project teams with more responsibility /and/ accountability than you
Fuck man, go out and meet some people from time to time.
>>
>>7818697
>>7818693
>>7818691
>>7818690
>>7818685
>>7818682
LMAO he just got BTFO, bet he's not even gonna reply. Probably smashed his computer up and ran crying to mummy
>>
>>7818682
Fair enough, pretty dumb of me. I pictured that rich asian guy who made his fortune alone.

>>7818685
>Your level of autism all makes sense now.

Well, that is not my title. That is what I am currently doing, nothing more. But more than that, what is wrong with it?

You are probably butthurt about the fact that software devs have higher salaries than you. It is fine, let it sink in, sperg.

>>7818690
Well, I'm sure if I majorly fuck up then I can say goodbye to the position, which means money and afterwards a recommendation letter that will make my resume shine 10 times brighter than yours.

>>7818691
I admit that sentence was shit. I don't even know what I was thinking at that moment.

Anyways, what real world? Do you mean the one I'm in? I am making money for this company, which then pays me money for doing so. THAT is the real world. That is how a job works. Maybe I have a 'small' position and it is not quite like a full time job but it is still a real job when you talk with real people about real situations that make real money.

I'd say that's 10 times as valuable as your pitifyl autism training group projects.

>>7818693
Jealous that I will have a full resume by the time I graduate and you won't?

Anyone has that picture of a dinosaur throwing truth bombs and one said that the destiny was more important than the road or something along those lines?

The point is, heavy correlation with getting hired and doing paid internships. Also heavy correlation with getting paid more after graduation and doing paid internships.
>>
>>7818697
>more responsibility

Are you responsible for making money? No? That's what I thought.

>accountability

Are you accountable for you failing to do your job in time and thus NOT making money? No? That's what I thought.

Your autism social training is not even compared, moron.

>>7818701
>He went to the bathroom

>LOL BTFO GUYS HAHAH WE DID IT!

Why are you celebrating this like if it was your biggest achievement in life? Oh man, engineers really are a sad bunch.
>>
>>7818707
>Codemonkeys have higher salaries than engineers
This thread is comedy
>>
>>7818707

You'll sure make it, friend! Go buddy, go!
We're all cheering this guy on, right?

Let's ignore the fact that he's switched from 'how employability doesn't matter' to ... this current shit flinging
>>
>>7818707

Codemonkey4lyfe
Hey, at least being a code monkey doesn't require accreditation. Have fun having CS majors picked over you, though :(
>>
>>7818725
>Let's ignore the fact that he's switched from 'how employability doesn't matter' to ... this current shit flinging
Lol this. This guy's faggotry could power a Saturn V all the way to Planet Nine.
>>
>>7818707

> Pure academia jack off
into
> the fact that software devs have higher salaries than you

Ouch, you've fallen
>>
>>7818725

code monkeys gonna fling shit.
What else is new?

Buddy, go back to GitHub.
>>
>>7818720
http://www.myplan.com/careers/top-ten/highest-paying.php

Software developers #47

Mechanicale Engineers: #127

Oh man, I was fixed in the idea that I would earn less than you because less employability but thanks for making me research that.

I AM GOING TO MAKE MORE THAN ALL OF YOU FUCKING KEKS.

This is amazing. It was worth staying here all this time.

>>7818725
Same.

>>7818727
CS majors picked over me?

Let me tell you something, there are CS majors everywhere. My employer was impressed to the point that he said to me that it was interesting that I was studying mathematics, with no kind of CS component or whatever, and I knew all these programming languages, database engines and operating systems.

Not being CS puts me on top, my friend. Definitely having a good time here.

>>7818731
I am studying math but my job is software. Those things are completely separated.
>>
>>7818739
>Software developers #47
Mechanical Engineers: #127

ENGINEERS OFFICIALY ON SUICIDE WATCH. PLEASE STOP THIS MASSACRE WHILE WE STILL CAN!
>>
>>7818713
you make a bunch of incorrect assumptions about group work in upper level engineering courses.

>muh one guy carrying the team
this rarely happens, and if it happened to you its because you are a beta cuck who can't assert himself. our projects have a peer grade component thats worth more than a letter grade.

if you have someone not pulling their weight you are supposed to document it, and report them to your professor. i've done it twice now, and one dropped the class, and the other just took the C grade by acing the exam.

>muh group projects are ez
they are more difficult than solo projects for a couple of reasons.

for one, your documentation has to be much more rigorous because any work you do has to be able to be picked up and continued by any member of your group at any time.

second, in engineering you are building a physical product, and because of the complexity the work load is distributed into subsystems that each person takes on. these subsystems then have to interface with each other to make a functional final product. so you as an individual have an increased challenge because you have to make sure whatever you design works with others. that compilation of subsystems is much more difficult when you aren't designing each of them yourself. if you've ever had to work with other peoples code, you'd understand this.
>>
>>7818739

Everyone and their dog is trying to be a software developer now, buddy
We're teaching programming to elementary students.

Go for it. Seriously. But you can't fling shit before you've actually accomplished anything. Right now, you're just a student with an internship.
>>
>>7818739
But your original argument was based on how pure and perfect maths was compared to "greasemonkey" engineering yet now you have outed yourself as a cheeto-eating codemonkey who is utterly delusional about his skill level, worth to society and salary.
>>
>>7818748
I am 100% sure that my real job that I am getting paid for has more weight than your pityful school project.

>>7818750
I know of the various plots to make programming accesible to the retards but that doesn't matter. Most people simply cannot handle the real workload there is in industry.

Also, it is pretty weak for you to just say that I can't fling shit at you now, but will be able to later. The way I see it, I'm already in this ride. I will earn more than you, have a better job than you and be able to fuck with you on 4chan all day long if I want because I have cold hard facts to back me up.

>>7818752
>cheetoeating

I have stopped eating junk food, almost completely. Not because I was fat because i just matured.

Also, I never invoked purity as an argument. I said that in university, I was better off because my final projects were individual. I had to do my research on my own, do it on my own and then present it on my own. That is how you build a professional.

Also, the link is right there. There is a 20k difference between salaries.

You know that car that you will really, really want but you can't because it is just too expensive for you? Well, that is the car I will be riding and everyday you can think about me, getting all the expensive things you can't get.

Enjoy life.
>>
>>7818763
>I have stopped eating junk food, almost completely. Not because I was fat because i just matured.
I don't care, why are you telling me this?
>>
>>7818763
>I am 100% sure that my real job that I am getting paid for has more weight than your pityful school project.

>doesn't refute any points
>tries to pull his big bad internship salary as some sort of argument

lol c'mon man. i made 40$ an hour at my last internship, i'm 100% sure its more than you are making.
>>
>>7818763
>I had to do my research on my own, do it on my own and then present it on my own. That is how you build a professional.

no, thats how you build a cubicle monkey.
>>
>>7818769
Because you said cheetoeating. Just saying, whatever stereotype you are maliciously constructing inside of your head to help you cope with the reality that my life will be better than yours, it is not real.

>>7818771
Fair enough, it is. But then you are not a school group baby. You've done actual work and know what you are saying.

>>7818777
That 100k paying cubicle job sounds really good m8.
>>
>>7818786
>You've done actual work and know what you are saying.
yeah, i do, and i'm saying those group projects are fundamental to engineering. you don't design in a vacuum and everyone has a different design process.

if you work in software, can you honestly say that any two people will write code in the exact same way? will they even comment that code in the same way?

its not about interacting socially, its about interacting professionally and being able to interface design styles into a working end product.

i guarantee if some shit gets fucked up where you work, its going to come down on the whole group, and not just one person. you aren't graded individually in industry as much as you think m8.
>>
Third year mech student here, have to start the senior project next term.
I have no friends in uni, am I fucked?
>>
>>7818786
Just kill yourself my man.
>>
>>7818794
Okay, I accept what you are saying. However, I still stick to the believe that it, at least, should be trivial to adjust to a team once you are capable of doing your individual tasks.

The other MechE guy, 200 posts ago, who said that his projects were individual seemed to be doing quite well.

>>7818797
>Someone disagrees with me and seems to be winning the argument

>J-just kill yourself!

If your confidence is so weak why are you even on 4chan? Tumblr is where your feelings are respected.

I'm just one guy though. If you all wanted, go right ahead and make a thread dedicated to bashing math majors. Won't even bother me.

But yeah, I'll be sure to kill myself, my man. Just to please you.
>>
>>7818294
Fuck off with your "I'm in the hardest degree" bullshit. Engineering is difficult, but it's not that bad.

I bet you haven't done any theoretical mathematics. It's a hell of a lot more than plugging and chugging.

Engineers are great, but they are so fucking arrogant.
>>
>>7818811
>should be trivial to adjust to a team
it is. working with others isn't inherently difficult, its working with their products that is challenging. imagine these people as mystery boxes.

you put in a request for XYZ subassembly, and you get this end product that you had no hand in creating outside a few agreed upon parameters.

so out comes this part, and you try to hook it up to your part, but wouldn't it be great if his part could be YZX instead of XYZ? so you give him a few more parameters and he goes and reiterates his design, but tells you he needs your part to be YXZ so you have to reiterate too.

rinse repeat till you get a final product.

when you work alone, you don't have those challenges, and that iterative method is how engineering works in the real world. its something that really does need to be taught in university if your school wants to produce non-shitty engineers.
>>
OK. An anti-submarine-drone device/drone. Currently millions being spent on 'automated' swarm drones to kill submarines.
Detection and the destruction of these anti-sub drones is a very high priority, needs 'swarm' programming, multi sensor detection and propulsion, do a good job and you get free passes into DoD.
>>
>>7818303
for a board about science ya'll pretty stupid
get a better b8 detector
>>
>>7818670
this, it's actually a pretty strong bait
8.5/10
>>
this kid does in fact have autism
either
1: he is actually this autistic
2: he is a troll with autistic levels of dedication
>>
>>7818197
A mechanical anus
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 3
Thread DB ID: 478802



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.