[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend a good Trigonometry book? I'm interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: trigonometry-equations.jpg (88KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
trigonometry-equations.jpg
88KB, 400x400px
Can anyone recommend a good Trigonometry book? I'm interested in learning deeper and more advanced Trig than the surface stuff covered in Pre-Calc and want a very strong foundation in it before I go into Calc II.
>>
how could you even make a whole book on it, its basically just one function
>>
>>7813110
Just... memorize the unit circle and figure out the basic identities like sin^2 + cos^2 =1 or derive double angle formulas from e^ix = cosx + isinx...
Even if you don't know any of this yet with what I just told you and your existing enthusiasm you'll be done in a week. It's cake and most people learn it in panic mode in calc or intro physics anyway.
>>
>>7813121
My uni offers a full semester course in it. Not sure if that means it's slow/ remedial or more in depth, but it's closed to anyone who's taken precalc.
>>
>>7813138
Trig is harder than calculus, it's less "neat"
>>
>>7813138
>memorize

Don't listen to this faggot.

You are telling us that you like trigonometry right? Then take a step into the fun part of it and prove all the identities. From the general ones to the ones that give exact values of the functions.

You should be able to prove all of them (with time and effort) except for eulers identity.

Enjoy yourself. Any books you find about trigonometry will either be 'applied trig' which will just be a bunch of 'real world' problems of geometry that force you to use trigonometric equations and the others will just be pure geometry books that of course, focus a lot on triangles and circles. In other words, no book will satisfy your specific interest in trigonometry so instead I would tell you to explore on your own and prove it all.
>>
>>7813161
Calm the fuck down, I said memorize the unit circle, IE values of cos(pi/4) and jazz like that you should know off the top of your head.
I also said to "figure out" basic formulas on your own and derive [sic] them.
Read the whole post before you throw shade because I suggested to do the exact same thing as you.
>>
>>7813168
>throw shade
>using teen slang

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>7813148
literally trig for morons
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.