[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that chemistry degrees only get you employed as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1448862429192.jpg (50KB, 736x642px) Image search: [Google]
1448862429192.jpg
50KB, 736x642px
Is it true that chemistry degrees only get you employed as a high school level teacher?
>>
Yes dude ggwp
>>
>>7812067
Is it true that a ____ degree will only get you a subjectively bad job?

Wut r u dum
>>
>>7812082
Every time it was brought up I'm told it's suddenly useless and unemployable.
>>
>>7812082
Is it true that at a X degree will get you a shit job
X = Music Theater
????????????
>>
>>7812085
in chemistry you need a graduate degree lest you will be stuck as a lab tech for the rest of your years. its a degree for people who like chemistry, not someone who is looking for a job. do engineering if you want that.
>>
>>7812067
only if you live in the shithole that is burgerland
>>
Well, the question is, what the fuck are you expecting? Do you want to work in industry? Then don't fucking study chemistry, and study pharmacy of "chemical" engineering.

People need to use some logic. They want to study chemistry but they are so worried about getting engineering/programmer/finance jobs.

Good chemists learn chemistry and end up doing research. If you don't care about research, study something else and read chemistry books on your free time.
>>
>>7812067
Know a graduate who's making 40k from his undergrad. That'll go up over time and if you want more money then you can work harder to become a higher level employee or go back to school. If you're dumb then you'll be a highschool teacher.
>>
>>7812067
No, I know several chemistry majors, all with 4-years, one used to work at Valspar mixing paint, got fired for spilling chemicals, works at Starbucks. One got a criminal record, works as a Taxi driver. One worked for Pepsi testing ingredients for pesticides, he got a DUI and now doesn't work anymore at all. I work for a company that gets hired to make sure clients are in compliance with the EPA. Most contracts are with the DoD.
>>
>>7812469
>what is subjectively
>>
>>7812067
My high school chemistry teacher had a PhD in chemistry. From UC Berkeley. And she taught high school.

That's what job prospects are like in chemistry.
>>
>>7812470
Even then, I know a couple that both have doctorates in chem. They both ended up going and getting biotech degrees to get a job.
>>
>>7812067
Possibly, I know I'm fucking jobless but I wanted to go into research but all of a sudden computational chemistry seems to have ceased to exist. All I can find is fucking organic chemistry. Maybe I should just kill myself
>>
>>7812067
You might get a job, but not in chemistry. If you want to work in a job that's directly relevant to your degree, you're fucked
>>
>>7812067
My high school chem teacher had a masters in chem. He used to work in an oil refinery.
He was a really nice guy. I wish I asked him more about himself.
>>
>>7812067
unless it's a technical uni. You may get some internship there
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.